[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about Visual Novel games in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: VN.jpg (270 KB, 1200x704) Image search: [Google]
VN.jpg
270 KB, 1200x704
What do you guys think about Visual Novel games in general?

Too boring to play/read through?

Enjoyable?

Personally for me i love all the fanart we got, but there's something about fics that made me really get into the character (and a VN is a blend of that).

Sadly every pone VN still hasn't come out but i hope for a day...
>>
>>26781742
VNs are pretty cool, but I usually prefer ones that mix with adventure game style gameplay
>>
>>26781742
I'm waiting for an actual Pony VN that actually has ponies and not shitty EQGs or humanized/animu shit.
>>
>>26781907
Are there any in development?
>>
>>26781907
Not sure how you'll feel about my VN-like game then. It's gonna have ponies and EqG humans
>>
>>26781742
Completely useless.

Visual Novels are for world design and interesting stories only. Not for shitty dating simulators.

They've already been made. They're called Point & Click adventure games.
>>
>>26781973
>not for shitty dating simulators
Yea thats why there's a huge industry of adult VNs right
>>
>>26781907
VNs a supposed to be anime. Exceptions of the rule exists but they're not as popular.

IIRC the show actually flopped in japan. The only way to attract their attention would be to make the Mane6 chinks and make it a harem.

Also, VN's are far more difficult than many people think. The script, the endings and all that stuff is something that you cannot do with code.
>>
>>26782082
>The script, the endings and all that stuff is something that you cannot do with code.

Not sure what you mean.
>>
>>26782218
Probably that you actually need someone to write all that shit manually, you can't generate it with code
>>
>>26782313
Exactly my thoughts. I was on mobile, so I didn't had time to put it out more clearly
>>
>>26782082
>use renpy
>no need for code
>just need writers/artists
>>
The demo was pretty allright,but really fucking short

Anybody wants a link?
>>
>>26782630
Post it anyway. I just hope that it's not abandoned.
>>
It's dead.

Get over it.
>>
I don't have the original download link, but I have it here:
http://iwatchitfortheplot.romesilvanus.io/Pony/Games/%E2%81%84mlp%E2%81%84%20Visual%20Novel%20project%20%28demo%29/

Last I know it's pretty dead though.

>>26782630
How about you just post it instead of asking questions like this?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.