[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh for fuck sake. Now someone is trying to copyright troll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: rip rdp.png (170 KB, 745x793) Image search: [Google]
rip rdp.png
170 KB, 745x793
Oh for fuck sake.

Now someone is trying to copyright troll the Rainbow Dash Presents videos...

http://fimflamfilosophy.tumblr.com/
>>
>>26775667
>merlin
this is what happens when you let trolls play with claims system of youtube

you want these gone? place all money made after the strike/claim has been filed into escrow and only pay out to the side that ultimately wins.
>>
>>26775667

Already posted in derpibooru. Maybe gonna to send this to EQD for extra support
>>
>>26775667
This is after Sony went Sonigger with SAO Abridged Episode 9
Fuck the Youtube Copyright Claim system.
>>
>>26775712
Nigga there's been an update on his site, you should've actually clicked on the link first.
>>
>>26775667

Youtube should really require proof of Copyright ownership.
>>
Youtube really has been going to shit the last couple of years.

You only hear uproar when the big channels get fucked over, but little guys like Greg get fucked up the ass just as hard, and they don't have a legion of angry twitter followers to make a drama about it.
>>
>>26775777
Poor greg.

He's honestly been one of the earliest and most dedicated guys in the fandom. Always doing his little thing.
>>
>>26775741
They do and its shit. You literally only have to have a business certification (certified LLC etc) and a business web email to "prove" your claim.

Source: fucking happens to my channel more than you would think.
>>
>>26775867

yeah, that sounds like Youtube's way of doing shit.

we really need an alternative to rise up and light a fire under their asses.
>>
>>26775667

welp, time to download all RDP videos
>>
>>26775667
Fuck Merlin.

I'd be one to press for more policing on Google's part but I seriously fear the consequences of that.

Guys, what would we do to fix this?

implying we even would
>>
>[Merlin] Phonofile
Of course.

Phonofile have been doing this shit for years, I don't understand how they're still doing it.
>>
>>26775867
Didn't know you were a nor/mlp/erson WeimTime.
Your transcriptions really are amazing, thank you for them.
>>
>>26775910

Things that have been suggested dozens of times before

1. Money is put into a holding account, if the claim is correct, money goes to the claimant. Otherwise it goes back to the original producer.
2. Burden of proof needs to be on the claimant rather than the creator having to prove his shit isn't stolen.
3. Some kind of consequence for filing multiple false claims
>>
>>26775777
This.

This is why I don't give a shit about the toob anymore. Even now with youtube red things aren't any better for the smaller channels. I feel like you can't go anywhere these days on youtube because of copyright infringement. Either you made a channel in the good years (2007-2010) when you actually had room to grow and infringement extortion wasn't as big of a deal or you made one post 2012 and your channel stagnates in sub count because you can't get anywhere unless you have "original" content.

But I am just talking out of my ass on this desu. I feel bad for Greg. But i don't think he will be able to fight this one. It's just another stick to the pyre that will be YT's ruin.
>>
>>26775960
>1. Money is put into a holding account, if the claim is correct, money goes to the claimant. Otherwise it goes back to the original producer.
Agreed that this is a good idea.

>2. Burden of proof needs to be on the claimant rather than the creator having to prove his shit isn't stolen.
Actually it is also on the claimant but less strict. As >>26775867 said all the claimant has to really do is prove they are a legit business (since a business certification is often required to even own any kind of copyrights but not everywhere in the world). However it is much easier for a claimant to claim ad revenue than it is for a defendant to prove ownership. I agree the current system sucks ass.

>3. Some kind of consequence for filing multiple false claims
Again there apparently is one already but it is faulty. I have seen a few channels get removed for false claims but they were obvious spam channels that didn't produce anything relevant. I don't think these consequences are pushed often enough. I feel like youtube needs some kind of judge and jury.
>>
>>26775667
>>26775887
What he says.

>>26775667
Download all you favorite fandom videos while you can, save them to an external hard drive, and avoid this nonsense. It's the only way to make sure all our shit isn't forever cucked by Hasbro.
>>
>>26775960
>Some kind of consequence for filing multiple false claims
Why multiple? I think just one should be enough to get blacklisted permanently as a copyright troll.
>>
>>26776076
Because Big companies would complain if they didn't get an extra chance to "fix" their report bots
>>
I've got RDP and MAS+ on an external drive. Also got the works of 2snacks, alligator tub, fiw, hotdiggitydemon, jan, kanashii, the pony anthologies, and a couple dozen pony YTPs. Anything else I should add to that?
>>
>>26775960
>1. Money is put into a holding account, if the claim is correct, money goes to the claimant. Otherwise it goes back to the original producer.

I actually want to say that this already kind of happens in a way. You see, ad revenue isn't made on the dime. It takes 30 days for it to be processed by youtube and the channel's corresponding network. From what I have been told those 30 days consist of a period in which the network claims the content on behalf of the channel owner in return for a cut of the share. So it takes weeks for the actual money to get to the channel owner after YouTube approves of the claimants ownership. The reason this is faulty is because of two reasons:

1. YouTube has bots that scan for matched content. If your music matches a channel that has a network that already claimed it and that channel and network have a solid reputation, the bot automatically sides with them on behalf of YouTube. If they can't find anything or take too long well then it goes to the other channel owner's network for processing, Which leads to the next faulty level.

2. The networks of Youtube can be sleezy scumbags. Many of them reside outside of the US making it difficult for Google to do much policing. I feel like YouTube is run really lazily as some of these networks (like fucking Merlin) get away with a lot of shit. The only times they don't is when big time channels get a mob together against [bad thing here] as >>26775777 said.

>>26775943
ty m80
>>
>youtube can get away with this because there is LITERALLY no competition

This is what happens when capitalism runs wild.
>>
Also when did this happen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tjb14VoWjg
>>
>>26776129
>no competition
>capitalism
>>
>>26776024
Not Hasbro this time, surprisingly
>>
>>26776102
Turnabout Storm
>>
>>26776129
There is, people are just too stupid to know it exists.

Dailymotion, for example.
>>
>>26776129
A good point but a recent study back in 2014 showed that Facebook's media encoding took away like 30-40% of YouTube's initial creative audience. The reason for that is because Facebook has no copyright claiming shit for posting videos. Those content creators don't make money off of ads like YouTubers which give them room to make all the Drake memes they want without a claim from Emi Records or whatever. Then once they get enough people to subscribe to their facebook page then they can rake in the cash from ad revenue that appears on their page rather than before any videos so the revenue is only split between them and FB.

At least that is how I remembered it working back when I checked into doing it myself in 2012. Things could have changed since then so correct me if I am wrong.
>>
>>26775712
We should definitely send this to EQD. I don't like them, but they're one of the most viewed place this fandom has and it could help him a lot.
>>
>>26776102
Torrent that shit, faggot.
>>
When do we finally get a decentralized anonymous video sharing service? It's become more than necessary.
>>
>>26776194
Has anyone sent it in yet? I don't want to sound like a complete faggot but maybe if we all sent it in at once they would publish something about it.

We may "hate" them but when it comes to greg and creative content getting removed we have a love/hate realttionship.
>>
>>26776194
I almost want to bring this to IHE's attention since he just went through a dispute with Merlin. Perhaps time we call for the "Big Guys" to stand up for the "Little Guys."
>>
>>26776176
Good one, I'll grab it nao.

>>26776197
I'm a faggot that doesn't know how to set up a torrent.
>>
>>26776249
I don't think anyone has yet. Or if they have, it hasn't been enough people to get their attention. So we should. I don't think it's much faggotry to help a content creator if they're being dicked around by bullshiters.
>>
>>26776277
Iä! Iä! Googlhu fhtagn!
https://torrentfreak.com/how-to-create-a-torrent/
>>
>>26776267
He would probably be inclined to help since it's similar to his struggles and he has made a point of addressing the treatment disparity between the most popular and the "not".
>>
>>26776267
>>26776280
Well don't just sit around here talking about it. Let's help figure some shit out.
>>
File: 1150751586317.jpg (153 KB, 475x316) Image search: [Google]
1150751586317.jpg
153 KB, 475x316
>>26776197
>>
>>26776373
That's an oldie.
>>
>>26775667
Meh. They don't make RDP anymore so i dont give a fuck.
>>
>>26776022
youtube is google and google is a monster that only cares about money and control. they don't give absolutely one fuck about net nuetrality as long as they are the ones benefiting, you can see that in the SOPA bill, which passed quietly once they added shit google wanted.
>>
>>26776113
see
>>26776455
>>
File: Alright then.png (87 KB, 186x345) Image search: [Google]
Alright then.png
87 KB, 186x345
>>26776427
Door's that way.
>>
>>26776396
Even while in use as a meme, it literally predates torrents entirely.
>>
>>26776371
I did nigger. I sent IHE an email and sent something to EQD.
>>
>working on fanart of Greg's channel
>get on /mlp/ and see this
Am I cursed to witness everything I love die?
>>
>>26776176
>9 hour snooze fest where you already know the verdict

Bruh Turnabout Storm is shit.
>>
File: Le Happy Merchant.gif (11 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
Le Happy Merchant.gif
11 KB, 501x585
>>26775667
I wonder who could be behind this!
>>
>>26776684
>9 hours of glorious phoenix wright & FiM that comes to a satisfying conclusion where nopony is left behind (except the deceased victim, but fuck him.)

Fixed that for you. No need to thank me brah
>>
>>267766843
>you already know the verdict
Of course you know that Rainbow Dash is not guilty, but Wright proves that without a doubt using the magatama in the very first episode, so obviously that's not where the suspense comes from. It's from following the clues along the way and finding out the real story behind Ace Swift's death.
>>
>>26776789
Meant for >>26776684
>>
File: 1395686578702.jpg (85 KB, 750x625) Image search: [Google]
1395686578702.jpg
85 KB, 750x625
>>26776619
As did I m80. Now let's hope other anons weren't too lazy to do the same.
>>
>>26775867
I just had 2 claims filed on two of my videos by [Merlin] Warp Records, and I just typed up how the claim was bogus and that they just ripped a chunk of the songs, spliced them together with some other music, and were trying to claim it as their own. both claims were released a few days later. I guess it all depends on who's filing the claim and how you repsond.
>>
>>26775667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGWZZpFeLhs
>>
>>26777521
Companies are wildly variable and unpredictable where it comes to responding to Content ID claims. Some of them are quick, responsive, and reliable compared to others. As in, they review disputes within a few business days. Others take weeks to respond or outright reject claims.
>>
>>26777822
For some reason, it said that my disputes weren't reviewed within 30 days and the claims were released. This only happened a couple of days after I filed the disputes.
>>
>>26777969
It often does that. Do you think there's a trick they do that makes it so Youtube doesn't acknowledge they made a false claim? Like, if they pull the song from Content ID entirely, it defaults to "no review in 30 days".

Although I've heard that if you own a copyright and you file a DMCA to the Content ID system, you won't get future claims but you still have to contest the previous claims. So you write a song, somebody else uploads to Content ID, you send a DMCA, but they still get to claim your ad revenue even though they're legally removed from the system.

I've heard it and believe it knowing how this system is like fucking thumb screws, but I've never seen proof of it.
>>
>>26775667
>>
>>26776892
Dunno about you, but I got a response from EQD. Hopefully something will come of it.
>>
>>26775867
Then why not claim your own videos using the same method?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.