[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched this episode. this is my late opinion I like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: latest.png (299 KB, 575x594) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
299 KB, 575x594
I just watched this episode. this is my late opinion

I like the horse but the episode was bad. The manager literally did everything that made her famous and so she fires him because he was rude? Then she realized she fucked up and no one is running the show anymore, but it doesn't matter cuz 'jus b urself n shit.'

Pretty lame ending. There should have been major consequences for what she did but they show nothing.
> hurr durr not enough time in an episode
Then the episode should never have been made
>>
>>26765902
She didn't even fire him, he quit.
>>
>>26765921
He didn't quit. Why would he quit when he has it all?
>>
>>26765921
It was more that they both knew what was going to happen so he just left before she fired him.
He never even said I quit the firing was sort of implied.
>>
>>26765902
Sven already did the legwork she's at the top now

Also she can find a new less evil manager.
>>
>>26765902
Yeah it sucks that they didn't show her career and everything she worked for go into the shitter, and her slow descent into alcoholism before eventually becoming an hero in a show targeted to little girls
>>
>>26765902
I was worried knowing she ended up without a manager but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the focus of the episode.
>>
>>26765902
But she didn't fire him, he just stormed off and waited to see her crash and burn.
Instead we got a story about how staying true to one's own values is important, which is nice.
Also, Sven's basically a Jew, so he doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>26765902
that is one hot pony tho
>>
>>26766666
SATAN QUINTS ARE WITNESSED
>>
>>26765902
>she fired him because he was rude

The point of the episode really flew over your head, didn't it?

AJ helped Rara realise that she had sold her souls and integrity to ensure that her manager could get his shekels. The whole episode is supposed to be a red pill for little girls on the modern music industry.
>>
>>26766743
Which is still stupid considering how much work a manager does. They're correct in the fact that pop stars would be nothing without someone directing their life for them. It just seemed like a poor plot, as if we're supposed to feel bad that she has a big meanie manager who wanted a break and doesn't care about wasting time visiting schools
>>
>>26765902
>The manager literally did everything that made her famous
Nope. It's implied in the piano song that her not-Countess persona is still familiar to her fans. She clearly went through a change-of-style phase. The 'manager' just arranged a bunch of bells and whistles that she didn't need.

>>26765902
>because he was rude
For one thing, she didn't fire him, he quit. For another, it wasn't about him being 'rude' - he was quite obviously taking advantage of the position by claiming that the things he wanted were her 'demands'. He was also betraying one of the core things she wanted - inspiring young ponies via the meet and greets. By celebrating her apparent decision to cancel the meet and greet he was finally showing just how little he cared for her actual goals.

>>26765902
>it doesn't matter cuz 'jus b urself n shit.'
She was showing that her made-up (as in dolled-up and overstyled, not imaginary) personae isn't the only aspect she has. Lots of performers have done this - everyone from Kurt Cobain to Lady Gaga.

>>26765902
>Then the episode should never have been made
Okay, we'll just make no episodes ever because they don't show the ramifications of everything. Dipshit. "Major Consequences" don't have to occur within the same episode, you know.
>>
>>26766770
It's a corrupt manager.
>>
RAZZLE DAZZLE
>>
File: musicnoisesintensify.png (334 KB, 1065x713) Image search: [Google]
musicnoisesintensify.png
334 KB, 1065x713
>>26766792
You can't say she's going to have even a fraction of the success or recognition she used to have now that she's changed her persona. She's known as the "1# pop pony", not "emo piano bitch". Sven had the formula for success and he ran a tight ship to keep her at #1, while still appearing at schools and talking to kids. He just didn't enjoy doing it, which he shouldn't have to.

I can agree about him using her to get extra shit, but is that enough to throw out her entire game? The episode should have ended with a talk on that, not leaving her.
>>
>>26766854
Doing one song during a concert in a different style does not render her incapable of performing her successful work.
>>
>>26766770
Nothing wrong with a manager but svengallop was an arsehole
>>
>>26766854
If she had just tolerated it she would have gotten depressed and her work would suffer

Besides she can find a new manager I'm sure amethst star would love the job.
>>
All these folks not getting that Svengali... Oh sorry Svengallop, was basically Sassy Saddles with less scruples, and more, fuck your actual image, I want muh perks while doing jack shit.

The shit he was asking for as riders were shit for himself, not something added in as a test to see if the safety riders were given attention.
>>
>>26766652
Like Applejack, and they can be fuckbuddies again.
>>
>>26765902
>The manager literally did everything that made her famous and so she fires him because he was rude?
Truth. People went for a light show and dance number and got... someone sitting at the piano.

The prima dona cult that earns her the fame ALSO makes her believe that the fans like her and only her. They actually like her, the dancers, the effects, the autotune, and the sound engineers. It's a group effort that unfortunately requires the fans focus on a sole individual. If she (and the producers) treated that guy like a peer in the band, maybe he wouldn't be such an asshole.

That said, HE IS lying his ass off and abusing her name to get his petty shit done and to just abuse the producers. Even as a band-member-peer sort, that'd be unacceptable behavior.

> hurr durr it's also just a kids show. Stop forgetting that.
>>
>>26766854
>The episode should have ended with a talk on that, not leaving her.
Yeah, that'd be solid. Setting boundaries, talking it out, and coming to a mutual understanding. And maybe a hissy-fit "well, ok, I'll come back, but I can't get there in time" that let the original ending still happen.
>>
Compare Sassy Saddles and Svengallop, and try to tell me the show isn't biased towards males.
>>
>>26766893
She's still fucked if she can't plan/produce a light and dance show. If her sole talent is singing and following someone else's dance, then her show is kinda fucked. It's like if the lead guitarist left.

Did you know Britney Spears only wrote a couple of her songs? And they were MONSTROUSLY bad.
>>
>>26767092
Snips and snails, Bulk, Discord, Somber, Iron Will,

Hell... Spike. The show's punching bag.

But there's also Fancy Pants and Shining Armor. Even the wonder Bolts have a token male.

The show is obviously biased against males.

But dude, don't be a whiny little bitch and grow some thicker skin. It's literally targeting little girls. This is what life is like when you're not the target demographic.
>>
You fools, you forgot that she is an artist and those fuckers do things just for fun, that's why managers are needed.
However a manager who want use the artist's name in own benefit and dont explore the real talent of your artist, is shit.
>>
>>26767092
Sassy was terrified of another failed boutique svengallop was just an arsehole.

I have listed good male characters a bunch this week already others can take over in showing this guy what a faggot he is.

I do wonder why all the boutiques sassy worked at in the past failed though.
>>
>>26767561
Perhaps she had plans similar to the ones she did for Rarity and they all fell through.
Perhaps the plan was a revised and better version and it worked to some extent.

That or it was the same plan, never learned, tried it on many boutiques and led to disaster.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 750x944) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 750x944
Can't Rara get another manager? Its most likely she could get one

Also according to the Twitter, this was Svengallop's aftermath

And after reading all this, for some reason I imagine Sassy as the new manager
>>
>>26767713
>Can't Rara get another manager? Its most likely she could get one
Gee, I don't know the most popular pop star of Equestria might have a hard time finding someone willing to work for her...
>>
>>26767713
What an even shittier ending that would have been
> no one falls for his bs and he lives miserably
Garbage. Season 6 is going to be a disaster
>>
>>26765902
>>26767196
I really don't understand and never will understand the point of a manager. It's like sending somebody to do your groceries for you or make the phone call for you. How retarded and lazy do you have to be to not manage your own business, life, talent?
>>
>>26766743
>The whole episode is supposed to be a red pill for little girls on the modern music industry
It featured her transitioning from Kesha a commercial product star who makes horrible music to Adele a commercial product who makes slightly less horrible music, It's not actually doing anything.
But for the record most real artists make music which the target audience would hate.
>>
>>26765902
>The manager literally did everything that made her famous
except, you know, her natural talent.

and being a huge asshole is actually a good reason to be fired. it happens all the time in reality.
>>
>>26765902
I liked her razzle dazzle thing better anyway.
>>
A follow up episode with her doing both personas on her own and not doing well, so she calls up a jobless sven and says "Look, lets come to a mutual understanding here" then they learn, not everythings perfect, but with work and compromises, shits all good, would be in order to make all this tie together well
>>
>>26770001
It can happen.
We saw Gilda being reformed after all.
At this point, everybody is gonna get fucking reformed, probably even Trixie.
>>
>>26768485
Wow reddit you just want to get into the jew pants, don't you?
>>
>>26770001
She can do that with any manager though.
>>
File: d84gvo1.png (342 KB, 800x842) Image search: [Google]
d84gvo1.png
342 KB, 800x842
>>26766796
BRILLO INTENSO
>>
>>26766796
GLITZ N GLAM
>>
>>26770001
Unfortunately Svengallop is on trial for murder, and has Spector hair.
>>
>>26769779
Its mostly a connections thing and in that business its all about who you know. Also when you reach that level of production you have to have someone that can keep the machine running while the star is concentrating on putting on a good show and creating new material.
>>
>>26769779
This >>26771345

Also there's a chinese cartoon called "Miss Monochrome: The Animation" where you can find a bad manager sample. ^:)
>>
>>26765902
MLP sucks dick at morals.
>>
>>26772883
since 2013
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.