[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Little Pony Equestria Girls is the best film ever made in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 1456565209117.jpg (100 KB, 425x612) Image search: [Google]
1456565209117.jpg
100 KB, 425x612
My Little Pony Equestria Girls is the best film ever made in the history of cinema.

It's always refreshing to me to see events in movies occur without the writer/director/actors seeming to feel any need to "explain it" to the viewer. As with many other filmmakers who are genuinely engaged with film as a unique art form, it seems quite clear to me at least that it requires the spectator to meet him on his own wavelength.

This is what a significant portion of artists in any medium do: they take the constraints, conventions, and materials of their chosen form very seriously and explore their own perceptions, ideas, and emotions plying the tools of their medium on their own personal terms. At the opposite end of this artistic spectrum is the sort of pandering manipulation of a Spielberg or the painter Thomas Kincaid. Their works are only "personal" in the sense that what is most prominently on display in their work is their own desperate personal need to have their intended message "understood" (and even experienced) by all spectators in exactly the same way, so that "the artist" can in turn feel his own personal worth has been validated by public and critical responses.

I'll take an artist who refuses to telegraph his "statement" to me any day. I prefer works that wash over me, entrance me, and lead me down paths to new or long-buried thoughts and feelings.

I feel moved after having seen it, I laughed, I cried, and I see the world just a little differently now. I feel like a group of people I have never met shared something with me that was very important to them. I wish I could thank them, because I think it takes a great deal of courage to share with others things that are so personally important in such an honest, unapologetic way.
>>
My Little Pony Equestria Girls is the best film ever made in the history of cinema.

It's always refreshing to me to see events in movies occur without the writer/director/actors seeming to feel any need to "explain it" to the viewer. As with many other filmmakers who are genuinely engaged with film as a unique art form, it seems quite clear to me at least that it requires the spectator to meet him on his own wavelength.

This is what a significant portion of artists in any medium do: they take the constraints, conventions, and materials of their chosen form very seriously and explore their own perceptions, ideas, and emotions plying the tools of their medium on their own personal terms. At the opposite end of this artistic spectrum is the sort of pandering manipulation of a Spielberg or the painter Thomas Kincaid. Their works are only "personal" in the sense that what is most prominently on display in their work is their own desperate personal need to have their intended message "understood" (and even experienced) by all spectators in exactly the same way, so that "the artist" can in turn feel his own personal worth has been validated by public and critical responses.

I'll take an artist who refuses to telegraph his "statement" to me any day. I prefer works that wash over me, entrance me, and lead me down paths to new or long-buried thoughts and feelings.

I feel moved after having seen it, I laughed, I cried, and I see the world just a little differently now. I feel like a group of people I have never met shared something with me that was very important to them. I wish I could thank them, because I think it takes a great deal of courage to share with others things that are so personally important in such an honest, unapologetic way.
>>
File: 5bc.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5bc.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>
>>26740405
>le reddit bait meme
>>
take my (you) OP
>>
>>26740405
>>26740410
>>26740424
>This is the pinnacle of responses on Neo-/MLP/
>>
>>26740453
Again, you're trying too hard to fit in
Stop shitposting and back to lurk for another year or 2
>>
>>26740467
>he says while posting the most stale posts imaginable
>>
>>26740476
Amazing meme arrowd, redditbro
Keep posting then, a good laugh is always worth it
>>
>>26740543
Reddit does not even have greentext you stupid fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 640x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 640x639
>>26740757
Get btfo, faggot.
>>
File: Read all that shit.jpg (55 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
Read all that shit.jpg
55 KB, 392x500
>>26740379
>>
File: 724724.jpg (10 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
724724.jpg
10 KB, 360x240
>>26742097
>>
>>26740410
>I'm going to spout reddit everywhere at everything I don't like
This is why calling someone reddit has lost it's meaning.
>>
lel
>>
>>26743585
Don't bump this, op.
No one finds it nearly as funny as you do.
>>
File: IMAG0295.jpg (1 MB, 1824x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0295.jpg
1 MB, 1824x3264
>>26740453
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.