[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad IDW Comics Thread, Part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: Comic_issue_25_cover_B.jpg (972 KB, 1265x1920) Image search: [Google]
Comic_issue_25_cover_B.jpg
972 KB, 1265x1920
Following up on >>26692568. Why do threads with every single fetish alive stay up, while threads with actual discussion on official content get knocked to page 10 so easily?

Anyway, on to "The Good, the Bad and the Ponies".
>>
Can someone please storytime the siege on canterlot? That's a nice steamy load
>>
File: Untitled7.png (1023 KB, 621x953) Image search: [Google]
Untitled7.png
1023 KB, 621x953
>>26702354
We're off to a good start so far. First, we have Applejack relying on Twilight's princess magic to solve the problem, when I'm pretty sure Applejack has the power to kick them to the next continent.

Then we have Twilight suddenly saying she can't use magic on criminals, since they're 'civilians' too, despite the actual civilians being terrorized by them. Also, didn't Twilight use magic on civilians before?
>>
Cool cover. Shit story inside.
>>
>>26702354
>why do threads with legit content discussion die!?
>just names a comic arc with no actual opening statement
Kys
>>
>>26702449
She did both before and after this. It is an asspull.
>>
>>26702454
Well, it's a continuation from the previous thread. I thought that was all you would need. I'm reading these books from the perspective of someone who hasn't seen the show/read the comics in years, and giving my impressions on them in semi-real time.
>>
File: Untitled8.png (2 MB, 1233x951) Image search: [Google]
Untitled8.png
2 MB, 1233x951
The left page is pretty nice, artistically speaking. The right page, on the other hand...
>>
File: Untitled8.png (298 KB, 486x455) Image search: [Google]
Untitled8.png
298 KB, 486x455
Twilight, must you be so stubborn here?
>>
File: Untitled8.png (1 MB, 616x947) Image search: [Google]
Untitled8.png
1 MB, 616x947
Just finished part 1 of the comic. To be fair, this maybe wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't have that awful excuse for Twilight not being able to use magic on the bulls. The setting is rather unique, the artwork is generally pretty stellar, and I like seeing Applejack kick butt. Unfortunately, it just feels hollow, since it could all be easily prevented if Twilight at least attempted to intervene.

Perhaps they could have made it so that Twilight tried to use magic on the bulls, but they're so strong and intimidating that it doesn't faze them at all. Sure, that's probably not plausible either, given how powerful Twilight's magic is, but it at least would have given them a better excuse to do things the way they did then "I suddenly can't attack these bulls because they're civilians".

Anyway, this is just part 1 of the comic. Let's see how much deeper this rabbit hole goes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

theme of this thread
>>
File: Untitled9.png (2 MB, 1232x950) Image search: [Google]
Untitled9.png
2 MB, 1232x950
Just finished part 2 of the saga. So, Twilight chides Rainbow Dash for tearing up legal pieces of paper, and then masquerade as officers and move other's property without permission?

Otherwise, I liked it more than the first issue, since most of the problems with this issue stem from that issue. If it wasn't for the logic and continuity issues mentioned above and in >>26702706, I would have called it a fun but flawed comic. I liked the character interactions (for the most part), Price's art was nice as usual, and I even got a few chuckles here and there. I definitely see why people are upset though, since the 'problem' that the 6 have to deal is so contrived, and could have been easily solved if Twilight didn't suddenly come down with a case of the stupid.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a break from these comics for a while. I was in a terrible mood yesterday and needed some bad reading to distract me. I feel better today, but the previous thread died an untimely death, and I didn't want to leave unfinished business without reading at least this. I'll probably continue at some point though. Maybe when I'm in a bad mood again.

Also Fluttershy's still best pony, even after all these years. Pic related.
>>
>>26702706
>>26702890
The comic would be immensly improved if Twilight just stayed back along with a few others of the M6. Twi even had a perfect excuse with going with Spike.

Her mere presence and how badly Cook mangles her drags this comic down to shit.
>>
>>26702706
>>26702890
>>26703395
If they absolutely had to include Twilight in this story, there are several ways they could have handled this (Your Mileage May Vary, though):
-Have Twilight try and use her magic, but the bulls insult her character and make her insecure about "abusing" her power on civilians.
-Have Twilight use her magic, but the bulls insult Applejack, calling her family weak and stupid, and being overly reliant on a princess to fix her problems. This would have Applejack ask/order Twilight to let her take on the bulls the old-fashioned way.
-Have the town itself be anti-magic, based on an arbitrary law passed long ago. This way, a lesson can be conveyed that some rules should be broken (or bent) if necessary at times.
>>
>>26702354
Talking about the comics, was't there going to be a new one out today?
>>
>>26703612
Or have a random mcguffin protecting the bull from magic. You know, since the sheriffs a unicorn and its clearly not their first time.

Really, anything including the thing above woudl've been better than twilight not doing shit while the crime happen right in front of her.
>>
>>26703855
The Friends Forever scheduled for today and the main series comic for next week were both pushed back a week for some reason. There was a new chapter book yesterday that I storytimed though, and it looks like it was more well recieved than I expected it would be.
You can find that here >>26695252 if you feel like taking a look at some MIB-esque Lyra and Bonbon shenanigans.
>>
>>26702890
You've yet to do the deer arc
>fluttershy's still best pony.
Not after today's libman tweet she ain't.
>>
>>26703976
Which one is that?
>>
File: libman ponkfags btfo.png (121 KB, 450x497) Image search: [Google]
libman ponkfags btfo.png
121 KB, 450x497
>>26703985
>>
I was excited for the Twilight/Spike comic until they kept delaying it and I realized interesting shit in S6 was coming. Now what I'm looking forward to is a hilariously bad yak comic.
>>
>>26702596
Literally the reason is plot bullshit.

Just look at that fucking dialogue, it's contrived as hell.
>>
>>26704764
They actually tried to justify this by saying Twilight is OP and hard to put in stories.
>>
February’s sales numbers are out.

MLP FiM #39 (Second and final part of the CMC adventure) sold 18,743 comics, gaining 2,170 more sales compared with the previous issue. (The story was nice actually.)

Friends Forever #25 (Twilight and Rainbow Dash’s lost wings story) sold 12,606 comics, losing 17 comics regarding the previous month and (apparently) marking the line where the FF sales numbers will not decrease anymore.
>>
>>26704772
Then why not just give Twilight her own subplot where her magic would've been absolutely necessary elsewhere? Or just write her out completely if they wanted to be a bunch of lazy hacks?
>>
>>26704772
Actually they didn't at all. Their excuse was that this comic was supposed to be "looney tunes" style of comic. I am not kidding.

They also don't have the excuse to "Everybody has to be here" because the very next issue (with trixie) had only 2 of the mane 6.

And finally Bob curnow did say, during the outcry while only the first issue was out, that Twilight had a purpose and reason to be in the comic.... You know, like making a trap that worsen the situation and actually fixing it like she was told to do, only at the end under a bullshit reason instead of actually upholding the law.

Seriously, this was an opportunity to have AJ, Pinkie, and even Dash, team up to capture a villain together and instead it's solved in a literal deus ex machina, AJ barely does anything, and Dash is there just to get humiliated. Thanks, Katie Cook!
>>
File: Bullshit.png (384 KB, 544x415) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.png
384 KB, 544x415
>>26705803
looney tunes style of "comedy" I meant.
>>
>>26705803
Not to mention the plan involves a Princess and the Element of Honesty committing white-collar crime involving fraud of legal documents.

GOOD LESSON COOK.
>>
>>26705816
And literally tie up and imprison a government employee. But noo, Dash is such a cunt to just trying to tear up the papers!

Some people are trying to say that this just depict a really distopic view of Equestria's law.
I just prefer the idea that this story is written horribly bad and want to see officially uncannonified to oblivion.
>>
>>26705857
I never got why they had to do that, considering the pony they tied up was from the town the bulls were menacing. They could have just asked them.
>>
8chnet/mlphate/
>>
>>26706148
> shilling
>>
>>26702354
>>
I saw the comics just for the cute horses.
>>
>>26708647
I can't enjoy cute horses when said cute horses all apparently act like they got lobotomies or act like sociopaths.
>>
i like how everyone is talking about "how bad and awful" like it explains why your completely obsessed with it
>>
>Why do threads with every single fetish alive stay up, while threads with actual discussion on official content get knocked to page 10 so easily?

Generals are not a great thing
>>
>>26709797
Hey, I read all the issues, and some are definitively alright.

There is also a faggot on the board who always take the thing too far and will act like IDW is the spawn of stan and curnow the devil complete with random twitter posts everytime.

That said, there ARE a few issues that are pretty bad, and some outright indefensible in its badness. I myself for example would consider FF#1 to be bad but "okayish" for little kids same for a lot of stuff like Reflection, on the other hand issues like the Bull arc is outright nonsense no matter the age group.
>>
>>26710363
> found the shill
>>
Why don't you faggots draw a better comic then?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.