[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who #hyped here for Season 6?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: tsjest.jpg (11 KB, 398x305) Image search: [Google]
tsjest.jpg
11 KB, 398x305
Who #hyped here for Season 6?
>>
>>26662503
Not me.
>>
>>26662503
What I want:
I want a cute slice of life series.

What I don't want:
Over the top crazy shit happening.
>>
File: raxmesdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
raxmesdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>26662503
I'm nervouscited
>>
>>26662503
>Twilight, Starlight, Poof Poof save the day
>rest of the mane six is useless and dumb... fucking again

Yeah... hyped is not proper word to describe it
>>
Not even the powerups can save Flurry Shit.
>>
>>26662663
Pretty much this.
>>
File: 1457113111156.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1457113111156.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>26662503
Oh boy! Another season premier where Twilight does everything and saves the day while the Mane 6 stand around like fucking fools and probably get in the way. Maybe even Starlight will make the Mane 5 look even more incompetent! Yeah, sure I'm hyped for that!
>>
>>26662559
What you're going to get regardless:
Forced feels, memes, pandering, silly faces, and crazy shit.
>>
>>26662503
Jester Twilight is worth it.
>>
>>26662503
I don't watch the show anymore.
You should do the same before you'll regret it.
>>
File: 1448992812959.png (291 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448992812959.png
291 KB, 1024x1024
Honestly looking forward to The Starlight Glimmer Glimglim Funfun Show.

The first two episodes seem to have lots of her and you will probably see her learning friendship lessons in every episode.

Can't wait.
>>
>>26662663
>>26662743
Lets not forget that we need the other Princesses to be completely incompetent and incapable too!
>>
File: 1455814187741.png (49 KB, 175x249) Image search: [Google]
1455814187741.png
49 KB, 175x249
>>26662783
>Glimmerfags thinking she won't be thrown away by the end of the premier, with a return to normal Mane 6 shenanigans throughout the rest of the season with her making occasional minor appearances.
>>
>>26662810
The princesses being incompetent is nowhere near as bad as making your series the Twilight Sparkle Show, with your main characters utterly useless and in-the-way. Honestly, that shit needs to be fixed first.
>>
>>26662783
I hope she and Sunburst elope and fuck off.
>>
>>26662843
You realize Twi is a main character too? I admit outside the other mane 5's character centered episodes, they are useless compared to what twilight is doing but then again she is the main main character in this series and has been since season 1 ep 1. And throughout the series the other mane 5 have been useless except finalies and premieres except starting in season 4 when it was Twi being the only one to save the day.
>>
>>26662911
I am betting this will happen, or they will be secondary characters.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 KB, 377x195) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 KB, 377x195
>>26662745
>Silly faces
>>
>>26662914
You sound like a butthurt Twifag. Not surprising since they control the god damn board.

Yes Twilight is a main character, and she's probably best described as the Superman of their Justice League, but it's not like Batman and Wonder Woman do nothing but get captured and fuck up the plot causing Superman to have to save everything.

Compare that to FiM, where everything is entirely Twilight-centric when it really shouldn't be, and it's just bad. When have the Mane 6 ever done anything useful in a premier and/or finale that was one of these shitty EPIC ones we keep getting? Okay, ONE time were Fluttershy did something in Season 5. Go compare that to Twilight's record.

>And throughout the series the other mane 5 have been useless except finalies and premieres except starting in season 4 when it was Twi being the only one to save the day.
Well that's just wrong. First they were all rendered useless in Return of Harmony, and Twilight saved everyone. Now that was acceptable, since it was the first time it happened. It was okay, that's why people enjoyed it. Then Canterlot Wedding, Twilight was the only one who knew something was wrong. Again, okay because she knew Cadence, but now it's starting to get a bit much. Then in Crystal Empire, The Mane 5 do absolutely jack shit. Then in MMC, it's Twilight-centric again. Then Princess Twilight Sparkle. Then Twilight's Kingdom. Not so much in Cutie Map, but then it's present AGAIN in S5's finale. Oh, and don't forget every single Equestria Girls movie.

They need to give it a fucking rest.
>>
>>26663098
I wouldn't even excuse RCW considering that the characters were written to completely disregard Twilight's opinion to that of another freak-out in the same season that Lesson Zero happened.
>>
>>26663098
Maybe the powerups could nerf Twilight by virtue of empowering everypony else?
>>
>>26663246
>Powerups
Why do people keep enforcing this meme?
Even if that were real, she'd probably get the most extensive use out of hers, and it wont guarantee that she still wont shine brighter than everypony else when its time for another Twilight Sparkle Power Hour at the end of the season
>>
>>26663246
Nah, Twilight would just get the best powerups anyway...or Starlight because Sunburst is a total beta and wants her back.
>>
>>26663320
Meme?
The premiere pretty much confirmed it was real.
>>
Literally not a single premiere or finale focused on any of Mane6 beside Twilight.
Inclusion of Discord POV in S4 finale was the greatest shocker but the story was still about her geting her key and entire castle with Discord only getting a lesser lesson.
>>
>>26663394
>What is confirmed
Sunburst (who has a beard and glasses compared to the animatic)
>Flurry (obviously)
...and nothing else. Next you're going to tell me that the shit with Sombra and the Windigoes were real.

Either way, its just as>>26663358 said.
>>
File: 1454632840551.png (141 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454632840551.png
141 KB, 557x605
>>26662783
Your waifu going to cuck you with that orange faggot.
>>
>>26663451
what the fuck are you talking about regarding sombra and windigos?
>>
>>26663451
Yeah...that's a pretty fucking big guess dude.
>>
>>26663451
It also predicted a mane7 after people insisted it wouldn't due to the flurry heart premiere.
>>
>>26663518
Well shit, so did a lot of people here.
Why wouldn't Glimmer come back again after just being befriended in the finale?
>>
>>26663358
>Sunburst is a total beta and wants her back
I'd enjoy watching that because I'm a shipperfag
>>
>>26663098
I ain't no twifag I could just tell that Faust had the series centered around Twi for the most part as it was probably her favorite pony as a kid but with her gone hasjew is too afraid of giving the other main characters screen time because they think that Twi is a fav among the young girls and they'll lose profit or some stupid shit like that. I feel like each man character should get 1 or 2 episode centered around them and twilight shouldn't be the main one.
>>
>>26663541
Because they weren't gonna change the status quo.
>>
I just want more comfy episodes like the Gala where everypony does their own thing without standing out so sharply like the current finales but still come together and have fun.

S5's opener was good, but it literally only worked in current times because Twilight got nerfed with everyone else.

Fuck, if we really need to, I wouldn't mid seeing somepony else be the one to save the day, if only just once.
>>
>>26662503
I hope we see some better stuff with Spike.
>>
>>26662503
This animatic is still fake, Slashy. You just got lucky with prediction about Starburst appearing.
>>
>>26662503
Me
>>26663394
Stop bothering to argue with the idiots.
>>
>>26662503
Fuck Flurry Heart.
>>
>>26663358
Exactly. They'd all get super boosted, but Twilight would just go from Mary Sue to Super Ultra Mary Sue.
>>
>>26663753
Me too.
>>
>>26663562
hasjew is too afraid of giving the other main characters screen time because they think that Twi is a fav among the young girls
What are you talking about? It's Rainbow and Pinkie that are Hasbro's favorites, they're the ones marketed the most, followed by Twilight. It's the writers that place Twilight on a golden throne.
>>
>>26665787
B-but they won't have to rely on t-that cliche anon. Powerups are a wonderful addition, we finally can ignore the shit about Twilight being all better than her friends because her natural abilities won't be useful anymore.
>>
>>26662745
Who invented the term "forced feels" and what is it supposed to mean?
>>
>>26665979
But it's not just about Twilight being more powerful. Honestly, it doesn't matter in that aspect. I think the Superman example is spot on. It's okay that she's more powerful, the issue is how fucking useless everyone else is when they're around the Perfect One. Because when was the last time they did anything without Twilight? I think one of the examples of how bad the series is, can be shown with Made in Manehattan, where Rarity keeps saying how Twilight could have fixed everything.
>>
>>26666000
Have you seen Snowblind? It's like that.
>>
>>26662783
I'm a Twifag, but I want to see what Twilight does in Celestia's role as a teacher for a single pupil like that.
>>
>>26666070
Ironically Spike saves the day more than anyone.

He is probably Twilight's most useful friend.
>>
>>26666129
Not more than Twilight.
>>
>>26666129
Can't say I believe you, from what I recall, Spike may have saved the day more than any of the Mane 5, but not at all more than Twilight.
>>
>>26666070
You're so full of shit
>>
>>26663098
You're complaining about premieres and finales and ignoring Twilight's decreased presence in the rest of the season. How many episodes did she have in season 4 and 5? Compare that number to season 1, where she was pretty much everywhere.

Twilight's skill set is most useful during save-the-world type situations. The rest of the main six have different talents that make them effective in different areas. If you only see one type of problem as important, then it's no wonder you think everyone but Twilight is useless.
>>
>>26662503
I'm hyped, though I know it's probably going to be terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ3qbE3KbVw
>>
>>26666084
How is that the same as anything that's happened in the show?
>>
>Now revealed that Celestia and Luna weren't born alicorns.
>Sweet alicorn lore.
>Sweet Crystal Empire lore.
>Probably some cutie mark lore, because first alicorn baby means first alicorn blank flank, and also Starlight's there.
>Starlight chasing dick.
>Starlight getting BTFO by the dick she's chasing.
>Potential for Starlight to be awesome if she's ever something other than a sad sack or Sunset 2.0
>Spike might actually be useful because the Crystal Empire is where he typically unfucks things
>Implied sex joke(s)
>Exhausted parents

The premise might be a sell-out but there's plenty of material to work with here to make for good episodes. I am cautiously optimistic.
>>
>Starlight is going to be Twilight's pupil
>Starlight is being essentially rewarded for causing extreme amounts of misery in people's lives, then almost destroying reality as we know it

I still hate this. Starlight did some incredibly evil things. Not quite as evil as Sombra or Discord, I suppose, but still pretty fucking evil. I mean, she ran a brainwashing camp, for fuck's sake. She's pony Stalin and suddenly all is forgiven because she was just sad she lost a friend?

I think that really sends the wrong message. I do agree that it's good to try and find out why bad people behave the way they do, but that doesn't mean you must instantly absolve them of all transgressions. Just because you're emotionally hurt doesn't give you the right to be a total dick—and it especially doesn't give you the right to kidnap people, perform a cutie-mark-lobotomy on them, and then hold them against in a tiny room with propaganda playing over a speaker until they mentally break down.

It's a trap you see kids shows fall into a lot—having all the villains become good guys and then instantly forgiving them of all past wrongdoing. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, because in the real world, actions have consequences. Mercy is a virtue, of course, but at a certain point mercy becomes injustice.

It's not just the Starlight thing, though. I have a really bad feeling about this baby. Supremely powerful babies can be hilarious (Bam Bam being a good example), but the joke gets old really fucking fast.

Then we have the whole Twilight issue. Fuck it, I'm using another post for that. One moment.
>>
>>26666070
Did you miss the part of that episode where they said that having Applejack along was actually better because her method fixed the underlying problem with the community rather than just repairing the park? While Twilight can use magic to beat almost any physical obstacle, she doesn't understand other ponies as well as her friends do. That's why it took her so long to work things out with Moondancer and Starlight Glimmer. That's why there are seven thrones instead of one, and why the map doesn't always call her.

The show spells this out multiple times. Why do so many people still not get it?
>>
>>26666451
Twilight used to be my favorite character. Now, I just sort of hate it when she's on screen.

First the entire alicorn thing happened. I was super hype when I found out it was going to happen (I wrote fucking fanfiction of it happening in S1, after all) but it really felt lackluster. They took an opportunity to make her into a more interesting character and just made her kind of boring. It feels like her character development is done, she's not really facing new challenges, and I sort of wish they'd just get rid of her at this point. Or, well, I guess I actually want them to just put her in interesting scenarios again, but I don't really trust them to do that.

Ultimately, I think I'm just burnt out. There's only so many times the power of friendship and a dues ex machina can save the day. There's only so many prompt threads about sex I can read. I've taken a 3-month break from this board, to focus on other stuff. I've been checking the catalog occasionally for two weeks or so, and this is the first post I've made. I'll probably still watch the episodes, but I don't really enjoy the show any more. Fuck, I'm actually feeling dread for season 6, because I know they're going to continue making my favorite characters less interesting and the plotlines more contrived.

It's kind of depressing.
>>
>>26662503
I love that scene when she activates that jester powerup. We rarely see Twilight being the victim of jokes especially cringe humor.

It is quite humbling to see that happen to her again.
>>
>>26666839
Enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>26666286
Fuck off if you're not going to argue anything.

>>26666403
But that's because the topic is premiers and finales, the only episodes where things that progress the main story typically happen. Hence it makes Twilight look like a shitty Mary Sue who can do no wrong.

Even if she appeared in no episodes but the premier and the finale, and this still happened, there'd still be a problem. Do you think that's good writing in a story? Because it really isn't. In fact if anything, it only worsens Twilight.
>>
File: traveler.png (23 KB, 711x332) Image search: [Google]
traveler.png
23 KB, 711x332
>hang out on /mlp/ during season 5
>enjoy the season, but feel burnt out on pony for a while
>go off to other boards, play some new vidya, watch different cartoons, feel like I'm ready to let MLP go
>eventually decide to look into pone stuff again
>look at some art, read stories, listen to music
>it's surprisingly good
>realize how much I missed it
>start following MLP news again, waiting for signs of season 6
>preview finally comes out
>excited as hell
>come on /mlp/ to discuss it
>everyone is talking about how awful it looks

You know, I've realized something. I still love this show as much as I used to. I just spent too much time among people who wanted me to hate it.
>>
>>26667008
Most of the premiere was already discussed sadly.
We really didn't get anything new.
>>
>>26667008
What is there left to talk about?
>>
>>26667008
Maybe you should go to EQD. You'll fit in better there.
>>
>>26667095
Nah EQD has been pretty angry lately too.
>>
>>26663656
It will be Flurry :^)
>>
>>26667008
Since the Flurry Heart Promo and Animatic Leak nothing has changed, what did you expect us to do?
>>
>>26667008
Maybe you just have shit taste and are easily pleased.
>>
>>26667008
Discussion happened weeks ago.
>>
>>26662503
me
>>
>>26662503
make them into solomon's stars
it's ok
we're all jews here (|:^)
>>
>>26667228
Mellow out?
>>
>>26662503
I love those powerups.
>>
>>26667008
We discussed everything already.
>>
I wonder why people are projecting this hard ?

>this will be this
>it will happened like this
>
>>
>>26666000
>daddy?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.