[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty Work (Thread 10)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 9
File: dirtywork 10.png (148 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
dirtywork 10.png
148 KB, 748x521
This is the story of a mare named Sharp Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and came out of it better than expected.

Last Thread: >>26586174

Castlist: http://pastebin.com/eSW5Hevs

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/

>>26608448
>>26608451
>>26608553
"O-Oh!"
>You say, now feeling a little nervous that the conversation's shifted to your place of work.
>Would they mind hearing about your employment?
>Would they think of you differently?
>The truth might come out some day, but you're not sure how you'd handle it, if it ever did.
>But that's something to think about later, you've got a conversation to continue.
"Y-Yeah, I'll ask!"
>You way with a grin, hoping it'd satisfy him.
>But you didn't plan on asking.
>Lies are fascinating.

>Slowly, the conversation shifts away from you, and you let go of the metaphorical breath you'd been holding back the whole time.
>But with your own subject fading, you do too from the conversation, slowly draining your glass as you lose yourself in your thoughts.
>This happened pretty often when you were out with your friends, and they knew you well enough to understand why.
>Today, you're having a small panic attack about your nicknames.
>It is Sharpie, or Sharpy?
>Twitch is your best nickname, being 6 letters and ending in an even vowel.
>Sharpy is 6 letters, but ends in an odd letter of the alphabet, the 25th, Y.
>Sharpie is 7 letters and also ends in an odd vowel, making it objectively worse, but you do admit it looks better on paper.
>The problem here is which nickname to use around your friends, do you reveal part of your secret to avoid this little epiphany, or do you put up with one of the lesser ones to hide your work?

>input action

This is more vague in statement to prompt a little discussion, specifically on how you all want to deal with talking about Sharp's work with her friends. Also, this first part of the session might be pretty short, but I should be back after a pause.
>>
>>26652736
Twitch is who we are at work. Anything based on our own name is who we are outside of work. And never the twain shall meet.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 1612x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 1612x370
>>26652736
Also Sharpie is a perfectly acceptable nickname.
>>
>>26652871
Yay for fancy mathematics.
>>
>>26652736
Sharpie and Twitch are different ponies. We never tell our friends about who Twitch is.
>>
>>26652840
I think this is probably the best way to go about it, especially considering the way Sharp described how she thought about her job in the previous thread.
>how does Twitch feel about her work for Kismet?
Great! She's really good at her job!
>how does Sharp feel about her work for Kismet?
No opinion at all, since Sharp doesn't work for Kismet.
>>
>>26652840
>>26652871
>>26652945
>>26652955
>You continue to panic for a while until you drain your glass, where you come to a stunning realization about work.
>You can treat Twitch and Sharp as completely different ponies.
>Twitch likes her job, is really good at it, and loves the praise she gets from Kismet.
>She's also never at home, in a literal sense.
>Sharp doesn't really have an opinion of Twitch's work, and since Sharp doesn't work for Kismet, doesn't have to.
>The two hopefully will never have to meet.
>You're not sure exactly what Twitch would think of the experience anyway...
>But you sate the previous nervousness about nicknames with the knowledge that in numerical order of the alphabet, "Sharpie" adds to 76, an even.
>After this calming thought, you return to the conversation, only to find dinner nearly over, and you having finished most of your dinner while deep in thought.
>In a panic, you ask Tally what order you ate your food in, and while she said she hadn't been paying attention, assures you that it did disappear in an order...
>Of some sort.
>At the moment, Rye and Tally are bashing Willow over a childhood memory of some sort.
>"--wonder what that must have looked like... Did you win?"
>Rye asks, and Willow blushes a little,
>"W-Well yeah, it was more of a slapfight than anything. Still, it got pretty intense, and I still hold to this day that I was justified in instigating it. She was being a real ass, I mean, that was mean... For being fillies."
>Obviously eager to get the conversation off her back, she turns to you,
>"S-Sharp! Ever get picked on when you were a filly?"

>input action
>>
>>26653131
Probably. I imagine we were the weird kid. Then again, we're careful as fuck in everything we do, so maybe we carefully flew under the radar.
>>
>>26653131
Sometimes. But yeah >>26653166 we were generally ignored.
>>
>>26652736
Can someone give me a tl;dr of last thread? I was busy last weekend.
>>
>>26653166
>>26653181
"Yeah sometimes..."
>You say begrudgingly.
"I always brought 4 pencils to school every day, and often one would get stolen. It'd have been fine if they took two, but one?! Really! It'd put me in a sour mood the rest of the day, and I got detention a few times because of it."
>There's a couple giggles from the table, and in response you try to think up another story from your childhood to relate,
"Oh! There was also the time I got in a "fight," which was really just this dumb mare whaling on me. I went down pretty quickly, but she only socked me three times when I was down before feeling her work was done. For some reason I then blurted out 'D-Don't leave, p-punch me again!' and the confused filly stopped. After giving me another bop to the nose, she never tried anything like that again. Guess I weirded her out a little, aha..."
>You say to a table of mixed reactions.
>Blushing, you spot a little concern and a little amusement, all at once, and suddenly find the wood floor underneath your hooves very interesting.
>Giggling, Tally responds,
>"So for the most part you stayed out of sight?"
>You nod, taking in the full awe of the six wood grains underhoof.
>Conversation continues again, your friends laughing off your story and pulling you back in for a bit of politics.
>Dragons were getting rowdy as of late, and their monthly jewels from the crystal mines didn't seem to be keeping them as quiet anymore.
>You thought it was all very silly.

>Soon enough, your friends are departing, and with it leaving their dirty plates.
>Over sink duties, Tally pulls you into a little talk.
>"Tonight was fun, if a little short. Thanks for the dinner by the way, it was delicious!"

>input action
>>
File: 1430668658109.jpg (195 KB, 553x936) Image search: [Google]
1430668658109.jpg
195 KB, 553x936
>>26653131
>You can treat Twitch and Sharp as completely different ponies.
>>
>>26653305
I'm just glad I could contribute something to us all having a good time.

I kinda spaced out a little there. What was Willow's story about that she told at the end there?

>>26653230
What was happening when you left?
>>
>>26653230
We turned in the ID, took a new job, and then had social interaction. Bowling, talking with our friends, cooking eggplant parmesan for everyone, etc.
>>
>>26653379
Just got done talking with Kis about next job.
>>
>>26653431
>Sharp and Tally pick up Rye and go out to lunch
>The three go bowling
>Sharp throws the game to make sure she gets an even number score
>They go meet Willow as she is getting out of rehearsal
>All four come back to our place and talk about their lives and catch up
>Sharp channels /ck/
>Everyone starts eating
>Now
>>
>>26653491
Well, I meant after talking about the next job after doing the maid thing.
>>
>>26653505
>next job was to steal a mare's ID card
>we found out she has well hidden paranoia
>we pretend we were a fellow conspiracy nut and tell her that she's in danger and has to flee
>she runs and we deliver her ID to Kis
>we have the following internal monologue:

>>B-But anyway, Kismet's a perfectly normal pony, there's no reason these little errands will turn you into some sort of psychopath...
>>For the moment, all you know is that Twitch is going to be very happy to get that ID to Kis tomorrow, and is maybe even a little eager to hear about her next job.
>>Maybe Sharp'll be a little happy too.

>head home
>then this stuff >>26653491
>>
>>26653581
Thanks.
>>
>>26653681
Glad I could help.
>>
>>26653379
"I'm just glad I could contribute something to us all having a good time.
>"Oh, you always do, one way or another,"
>Tally chuckles,
"I kinda spaced out a little there..."
>"We noticed. No worries though, we understand you've got to have... You time."
"What was Willow's story about that she told at the end there?"
>"Oh that? Just about her and some other filly she used to take dance lessons with calling her names. They got into a fight, she won, she never called Willow names again. She instigated it though, so I'm not sure if she's really in the right there..."

>The two of you finish up with the dishes and take another seat at the table, bith a little beat from the day's fun.
>Tally wipes her brow and motions to the couch,
>"Radio? None of our serials are on tonight, but that's ok. We can cuddle and talk about your job, and I can tell you about my interview some more. Or we can just go to sleep, I'm pretty tired..."

>input action
>>
File: image.png (89 KB, 376x376) Image search: [Google]
image.png
89 KB, 376x376
>>26653717
>we can cuddle
>>
>>26653717
>I can tell you about my interview some more
This. I really want to hear about how she's doing. The idea of Tally doing well makes me happy.
>>
File: but not really, mostly.png (168 KB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
but not really, mostly.png
168 KB, 683x384
>>26653717
>>26653753
+ talk about the interview
>>
>>26653761
>>26653785
Don't forget to ask how the new dress went over. Tally was so happy to have it.
>>
>>26653753
>>26653761
>>26653785
>>26653850
"Sure!"
>You say happily, dragging her along to the couch an plopping down upon it.
>Tally flicks on the radio and tunes it to a classical music station while you retrieve the couch's designated blanket and pull it over the two of you.
>You both lie on your backs and look to the ceiling, Tally purring happily in time to the music.
"So, interview?"
>You ask, and she perks up to respond,
>"Oh, yes! I got there and some grey mare showed me to an office where some fancy stallion interviewed me. He was giving me a bit of a lookie-loo to, thought it was funny... He was kinda cute, at least in a platonic way."
"Did he like the dress?"
>"Oh, you bet he did! Got a complement on it too, I'm really thankful you got me that. Now, if I ever need to go to a fancy party, I've got just the dreas to do it."
>She then nestles her cheek into the place where your neck and shoulder meet and gives you a squeeze.
>"Anyway, he asked about my cutiemark, qualifications, friends, how I work in the workplace, and some other weird stuff, but nothing I said gave him any negative reactions, so I think I'm set! He then told me about who I'd be working with, what the job was in specifics, some bull about integrity and confidentiality, yada yada. Just gotta hope now... And you? What were you doing last night?"

>input action

Last post for a while. Not too sure when I'll be back, but if it's too late I'll say so and start up tomorrow morning. Is there any prefered time then?
>>
>>26654068
I'm usually up by about 9-9:30 CST or 7 PST. Anytime after that is good.
>>
>>26654068
Helping Kismet prepare for a upcoming conference she has an interest in.

...it's not a lie.

>spoiler
I get up at eight PST, but that's just me.
>>
>>26654154
This.
>>
>>26654068
Weird questions?
>>
>>26654154
This first. Answer a maximum of one follow up question.

>>26654229
Then bring out this to change the subject.
>>
>>26654412
>Answer a maximum of one follow up question.
blasphemy!
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 885x880) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 885x880
>>26655012
Fucking hell, how did that one get past me? Two follow up questions, which is enough to prove that we totally aren't nervous about talking about our job. Then we change the subject.
>>
>>26655012
>>26655079
But she already asked us a question.
That would make 3 questions total.
>>
>>26655431
I revert my vote to the earlier suggestion of only allowing a single follow up question which places the grand total at an even two.

My god, these sorts of arguments must be going on in Sharp's head all the fucking time.
>>
>>26654154
>>26654412
"Oh... Just helping Kismet prepare for a upcoming conference she has an interest in."
>Tally sits up, intrigued.
>"Ooh! Where?"
"I-Uh, C-Canterlot Castle?"
>You say, keeping uncertainty in your voice to add an element of doubt.
>"Oh sweet, what about?"
>To this you stop her, and shake your head,
"Can't talk about that, confidential."
>"Aw, please? Not even for me?"
>You raise an eyebrow,
"I'm not exactly looking to lose this job, am I?"
>At this, Tally stops, bites her lip and then sets her face in a pout.
>"You're never any fun, you know that? I'll tell you all sorts of government secrets, if I get that architecture job. Well, that is, if I ever find out anything juicy enough."
"Well, I'm not you am I?"
>Tally now crosses her hooves and slumps back against the crook of your neck.
>"Hmph..."
>Tally seems at a loss for conversation for a moment, but then lights up.
>"Anyone you like at work?"
>She then gives you a small nudge,
>"Any stallions, eh?"

>input action
>>
>>26655688
Actually, now that you mention it it's been all mares...
There was one stallion who made a ruckus at the bar, and had to be removed though. Most memorable one. Kinda felt bad for him.
>>
>>26655688
Eh, not really. I've seen a few stallions around but I've never worked with any.
>>
>>26655714
This.

Also add "why do you ask about stallions specifically?" with the exact sort of innocent confusion that only Sharpie can produce.
>>
>>26655714
>>26655848
>>26655853
"Well, now that you say... It's been mostly mares. Seen a few, never worked with any. There was one stallion who was causing a bit of a ruckus, and he had to be removed from the bar. Felt a little bad for him to be honest."
>Tally shrugs,
>"Sounds like my kind of place, if the rest of them are anything like that Kismet..."
>She then giggles,
>"Well, this is living. I'm glad we're out of our little rut and can start anew. We're like little phoenixes! Except instead of ashes we had piles of crushed cans, ice cream and blankets. Nearly the same thing."
>You raise an eyebrow,
"Almost. But why stallions specifically?"
>You say partly in confusion,
>Tally now shakes her head and rolls her eyes,
>"Well, if you turned me down and... Nevermind."
>She says with a chuckle and scoots in for another hug.
>With her horn, she pulls the blinds open and reveals the cityscape out from behind the window.
>Canterlot Castle lies in view, dark against the night sky.
>Tally sighs.
>"Sharpie? Did you ever want to be a princess?"

>input action
>>
>>26655911
It would be nice to have other ponies make things even for me, but I don't think I do well under that kind of pressure, really.
>>
>>26655911
Of course. Maybe it would be fun to work as a princess's assistant.

Maybe I could even work with Princess Twilight as her secretary. Make sure all of her daily schedule is all together, all her paperwork and mail is sorted properly.
Not that she'd need it. She can probably handly that on her own.
>>
>>26655911
Yes. Everything would be neat and right and ordered and even and it's probably a good thing I'll never be a princess.
>>
>>26655911
I have a feeling that anything I was princess of would end up looking a lot like Starlight's village.

She had a neat little thing going on. The cutie mark taking was terrible, but it was so organized and everyone bought into it.
>>
>>26655965
I wonder if that event was common knowledge in Equestria. Would Sharpie and Tally have heard of Glimmer?
>>
>>26655911
I thought about it a bit as a kid, but ultimately I decided that anything more than a countess was excessive. Duchess at absolute max.
>>
>>26655965
>>26655982
I somehow doubt we would know about that. We don't seem to be that big on current events, and it was literally just one village in the middle of nowhere that even Twilight had never heard about.
>>
>>26655940
>>26655933
>>26655928
>>26655985
"I thought about it as a kid, but thought it was a bit excessive after I got older. Maybe a countess. My penchant for organization would probably distract me too bad from any real duties though..."
>Tally grins,
>"Got it all figured out, don't you... I've always wanted to be one, I'm halfway there anyway! Twilight got there, maybe I could too..."
"Speaking if Twilight, maybe I could be her assistant or secretary! Check her daily schedule, sort her mail, organize her paperwork... That's be like, a dream job for me. Might even leave this current job for somehing like it!"
>Tally nods,
>"Maybe not secratery for me, but assistant sounds cool. Or like, bodyguard. Or spy. Shit there's a lot of fun jobs out there I'll never have."
>Tally now nestles down into the blanket and wraps you in a hug.

>input action
>>
>>26656060
When are we going to ask about the weird questions?
>>
>>26656060
I don't think being a spy is all it's cracked up to be, Tally.
>>
>>26656060
I bet being a spy is pretty boring. Just pretending to be someone normal so you don't stand out.
>>
>>26656098
>>26656070
"I don't think being a spy is all it's cracked up to be Tally. Just pretending to be normal so you don't stand out."
>Tally now returns to pouting once again.
>"You just have to go out of your way to crush all my dreams don't you Sharp."
>You shrug,
"A little."
>"Ass."
>She says impertinently, and turns from you in mock anger.
>"I'm going to sleep now. Good night!"

>input action

>>26656064
Eh?
>>
>>26656175
Hey, the bodyguard or assistant would be neat.
I only crushed 1/3 of your dreams. Also goodnight, pretend we're oblivious to the mock anger
>>
>>26656175
Sleep tight Tally.
>>
>>26656175
When she was talking about her interview she mentioned that she was asked some weird questions and I was curious about them.
>>
>>26656175
Say goodnight and kiss her platanoically on the horn.

>>26656197
Also curious about this.
>>
>>26656222
Seconding both of these. Thirding the question, I guess.
>>
>>26656182
>>26656183
>>26656222
"Hey I only crushed 1/3 of your dreams, you could still be a bodyguard or an assistant!"
>She grumbles in annoyance and you pout yourself, unable to discern if this anger is real or false.
>Most likely the latter, but you can still turn her tactic against her, either way.
"Fine. Night then Tally."
>You grumble, and pull her into a small hug, giving her a quick kiss on the horn.
>She jumps a little, and takes in a sharp breath, but then returns to pouting, her anger now fueled by embarrassment.
>After this, there's a pause.
>A minute or so passes.
>"S-Sharp? I was only joking you know... I-I'm not actually mad at you. Are you still awake?"

>input action
>>
>>26656237
Nope. Asleep.

>>26656197
>>26656222
Probably one of those dumb psych tests people love these days full of questions like "umbrella or coat?"
>>
>>26656237
Yes.
I, uh, I knew that.
>>
>>26656241
Like anyone would pick coat over umbrella.
>>
>>26656282
But anon, if you don't choose the coat then you'll only have one hand free!
One hand, with five fingers...
>>
goodnight bamp
>>
fukken bump
>>
>>26656237
Oh good. I'm sorry, I wasn't sure.
>>
>>26656241
>>26656243
>>26658165
"Nope. Asleep."
>You say as you give her a squeeze, prompting a sharp breath from her.
>"C-Celestia Sharpie..."
>She says, breathless, as you giggle a little at her antics.
>The two of you spend a while snuggling up, until you eventually ask,
"Weird questions at your interview, eh?"
>She seems confused for a moment,
"W-? Oh! Yes, I think is was just to make sure I wasn't insane or anything. Asked what I'd do in weird situations, my friends, hobbies. Maybe trying to get my personality? I'm not too sure. I just told him what he'd like to hear. I hope I was right though, if he thought I was lying or something I might not get the job..."

>input action
>>
>>26656282
I'd rather go with a coat. Umbrella's fine up until the wind picks up, then it becomes completely useless.
Coat doesn't protect you as well, but it leaves you more free and it doesn't take up space if you don't have a wife to stash it for you when you're inside.

>>26658670
That's always a good strategy. Any particularly weird ones?
>>
>>26658695
"That's a pretty good strategy. Anything particularly out of the ordinary?"
>Tally bites her lip,
>"A-A couple. He asked who exactly my friends are and their relation to me. Then he got into detail with it and started grilling me about it, asking specifics, quizzing me on my own responses. Don't really know what he was trying to do there."

>input action
>>
>>26658778
Huh. That does sound really weird. I don't know what he's trying to do either.
>>
>>26658778
Sounds like the kind of stuff most government contractors ask when hiring.
>>
>>26658778
Oh my god a rival mafia knows who we are and is trying to find out about us through Tally everyone panic.
>>
>>26658846
>>26658821
>>26658794
>Why would anypony ask those sorts of questions while hiring somepony?
>They seem so silly, and why would they be so interested in Tally's friends?
>Unless...
>They know.
>You messed up somehow, and now somepony is looking for you through Tally.

>You start hyperventilating.
>Tally gives you a worried look, but you stop her by puffing out,
"T-That does sound--weird... Maybe t--that's just what govern--ment jobs ask about? When hiring?"
>In your mind, the police are busting down the door.
>They rip you from under the covers, slam you against the wall and cuff you, then drag you out into their carriage.
>Or maybe some rival group against Kismet, swoops in and kidnaps you and Tally both.
>Any second now, they'll be here.
>"Oh yeah, maybe just to see if I keep my stories straight or something. Don't want a spy getting into a job like that."
>There's hoofsteps outside the apartment, growing closer, and every step sends a cold shiver down your spine.
>It seems like an eternity, each clomp against the floor marks the passage of an age in your head.
>But then they pass, trotting off into another section of the building.
>Feeling a lot more safe, your mind refocuses, and see a rather concerned Tally eyeing you.
>"You alright there Sharpie? You look kinda scared, and you do know ponies can breathe, right?"

>input action
>>
>>26658846
1) That's a hell of a leap.
2) I somehow doubt it.
3) Sharpie would panic about something like that, though, so continue.
>>
>>26658976
Just repeat 'I'm okay' to ourselves until we believe it.
>>
>>26658976
OfcourseIknowponiescanbreathewhywouldn'tIknowsomethinglikethatI'mperfectlyfineTallyholdme.
>>
>>26658976
Promise ourselves that we'll tell Kismet about this tomorrow just in case, and that she could look into this and deal with it much better than we could. Feel a bit more relaxed, then realize that Tally just asked us a question that we haven't answered. Reassure her that you're okay. Snuggle.
>>
>>26658976
Combine!

I suggest >>26659077, with >>26659018 as the "reassure Tally" part and >>26658999 as a constant mental refrain to try and get us through the line of thought.
>>
>>26658999
>>26659018
>>26659077
>>26659127
>You'll have to tell Kismet about this tomorrow.
>For the moment, nobody seems out to get you, but these thoughts have put you a little on edge for the night.
>You then realize Tally's worried expression burning into you, and suddenly feel very nervous again.
"OfcourseIknowponiescanbreathewhywouldn'tIknowsomethinglikethatI'mperfectlyfineTallyholdme."
>You spill out, wrapping your hooves around her and pulling her into a bear hug.
>She still seems worried, but now shifts underneath you and makes you a little spoon, keeping you safe in her grasp.
>She murmurs something softly to herself, then begins humming, rocking you back and forth under the covers.
>You're okay.
>Everything is okay.
>Everything is going to be just fine.
>And with that final thought, everything fades.

Need to pause for an hour. See you all then.
>>
Tally's a pretty good girl.

In the middle of conversation, seemingly unprovoked, we just started breaking down, hyperventilating, stuttering, and holding our breath.
And then, without question, she cuddled us and held us like a little foal.

I know we're not lesbian for her, but she's a great friend.
>>
>>26659436
I'm actually glad we're not in lesbians with her specifically BECAUSE she is such a good person. One day she'll accidentally see us chaining a pony to a radiator and throwing them off a bridge, and that would hurt her even more if we were dating at the time.
>>
>>26659230
In the morning we need to thank Tally for dealing with us.
>>
>>26659935
>You awaken to small, gentle squeezes.
>Blearily, you open your eyes and yawn.
>The window stil lies open, and outside it looks like it's going to be a beuatiful day.
>The sun is just coming over the buildings, birds are chirping in a deep blue sky.
>Everything is going to be just fine.
>Tally still holds you in a snuggle, and is now squeezing gently in an effort to wake you up.
>You grin and shake a little under the covers, feeling fine, and chrip,
"Morning Tally."
>From underneath you, she muffles out a pained,
>"Crn you gert ourf me!"
>Now flailing from under your back.
>You quickly roll off the couch to get off her, pulling the blanket with you.
>This has the added bonus of bringing Tally with you, and she ends up on top of you, crumpled in a furiously giggling heap.
>She boops you.
>You boop her back.
>The two of you have a laughing fit.

>When you both get your immaturity out, the two of you return to the couch and sit down.
>Tally, out of breath, fixes her mane and sighs,
>"Huh, my lungs..."
>After a few moments of silence, you speak.
"Sorry about last night. And thank you for holding me... It was nice."
>Tally gives you an odd look,
>"Oh, sure! You'd do the same for me, I have no doubts... What was happening there anyway? I was kinda scared something bad had happened to you."

>input action
>>
>>26660214
I don't really wanna talk about it.
>>
>>26660214
Just my mind doing silly things again.
>>
>>26660252
>>26660490
"I don't really want to talk about it... Me being me."
>You say sadly, and Tally nods.
>"You sure? I just want to make sure you're ok. It's never been like that before..."
"O-Oh yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry."
>"Well, if you're doing alright, have any plans for the weekend?"

>input action
>>
>>26660720
I'll see what Kis is having me do.

Which day is the play again?
>>
>>26660770
"I'll see what Kis is having me do."
>"No rest eh? I guess from such a high paying job it's expected. I'm going to have a lazy weekend, do practically nothing."
>She says happily, stretching her hooves to the sky and wiggling her shoulders.
"Sounds like a blast."
>"Oh, you bet it will be..."
>She then trots off to the kitchen, leaving you in solace with the sunny day outside.
>You could go join her, or make an early start to see Kis, and see what's in store for today.

>input action

Opening night of the play is Tuesday, you have tickets for Thursday as far as I remember.
>>
>>26661123
I really doubt she's going to have me start anything big during the weekend. I'm just going to check in with her and see how things are progressing.

What about you? Any plans?
>>
>>26661123
Breakfast first. Most important meal.
>>
>>26661282
How about scrambled eggs? Blended to the point that everything is exactly the same color and there are is no chance of getting a different amount of yellow and white in any bite. No surprises.
>>
>>26661261
>>26661282
>You follow into the kitchen, reminding yourself that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
>Tally is pouring herself a bowl of cereal, and once she sees you, pours one for you as well.
"I doubt Kis'll have me start any big jobs over this weekend anyhow. Go in and check how things are progressing. Y'know?"
>She nods,
"Any plans for you?"
>"I dunno... Maybe see a movie, listen to the radio, do some reading, visit Canterlot Gardens. There's a lot to do around here, it's a bit overwhelming most of the time."
>She then motions your cereal bowl and milk to you, crunching away at her own.

>input action
>>
>>26661504
>Canterlot Gardens
That might be nice for something a little different that gets us out of the hose.
That's right outside of the castle isn't it? Where the big conference will be?
>>
>>26661504
Gardens are nice.
>>
>>26661549
>>26661582
Sounds good. We can explain at length to Tally why the six-petaled flowers are superior in every way to the five-petaled flowers.
>>
>>26661669
>thinking heathen monocots could ever be superior to the infinitely better dicots
U wot m8?

>dicot vascular bundles are organized instead of messy and random
>dicot seeds are two lobed instead of one lobed
>dicots have consolidated central taproots instead of disorganized spread out root messes
>>
Lost this post and had to rewrite. You don't know where the confrence is.

>>26661549
>>26661582
>>26661669
"The Gardens sound nice. Good way to get us out of the house and have some fun."
>You say as you grab your bowl and begin pouring the milk.
>Tally watches your technique intently.
>4 seconds at approxamatly 40 degrees, just enough that you can enjoy the milk, little enough that the crunchiness of cereal will remain for a while.
>Just how you like it.

>After breakfast, and after the two of you have wiped both your mouths and bowls clean, Tally follows you to the door and gives you a quick hug before you head out.
>"Stay safe..."
>She says, grinning.

>input action
>>
>>26662207
Will do, Tally. Hopefully be back in a little.
>>
>>26662241
This. Then head out. Then head to the bar.
Also page nine bump.
>>
>>26662241
>>26663050
"Will do Tally, hopefully be back soon."
>With that, the two of you part, and Tally returns to whatever her plans for the day were.
>You on the other hoof, have business to attend to.

>Nothing is out of the ordinary in the bar itself.
>A stallion and a mare are chatting away at one of the tables, and the bartenders customarily make an opening for your passage to the back.
>That yellow-orange mare is here again, and waves to you at your entrance.
>She's sitting at the poker table and playing solitaire.
>Next to her cards is a small knife, which she occaisionally twirls on her hoof as she ponders the cards in front of her.
>Kis is in her office, hastily shredding papers and tugging her on her mane.
>Providence is on the telephone, twirling the line around her hoof as she speaks into the receiver.
>Finally, you can hear a bit of a ruckus upstairs,the stamping of hooves and loud talking.
>Busy day.

>input action
>>
>>26663164
Let's talk to orange while we wait for Kis to finish destroying the evidence.
>>
>>26663287
This. Sharpie already has a whole slew of friends. It's time that Twitch made some too.
>>
beb
>>
>>26663164
Who is Providence? Is that Kis' lookalike we didn't know before?
>>
>>26665036
Yes
>>
>>26665036
Yeah. Providence handles multiple person jobs, Kismet handles single person jobs.
>>
>>26663315
>>26663287
>While Kis has a panic attack, you decide to take a seat with this new pony.
>She gives you a warm smile as you take a seat, and extends a hoof,
>"Hey! Seen you around a couple times. I'm Nel,"
>You take it and grin,
"Twitch! Nice to meet you. Sorry, don't know many around here. Just Kis and Providence for the moment."
>At this, Nel smiles,
>"Oh, they're great ponies, the both of them. They're friends with everypony around here, no doubt about that. Must be a good position to hold, not having a single enemy in this sort of business..."
>Nel gives her cards an angry look, then sighs.
>"Drat."
>She picks them up and begins shuffling.
>"Lost again."
>After a pause, she gives you a grin.
>"So what do you do around here? Muscle, recon..."

>input action

Everything should speed up again soon.
>>
>>26666378
No, these 'slow' parts are important.

According to Kis, I do the work that isn't really suited to anyone else.
>>
>>26666378
Recon, mostly. Kis gave me the opportunity to try my hand at some "persuasion", but that's not really my style.
>>
>>26666378
Reconnaissance and espionage.
I do two things.
Two.
>>
>>26666378
Odd jobs, I suppose recon is the closest.
>>
>>26666378
I collect and deliver things. Sometimes information, sometimes small objects, but always something small enough to not be noticed until later.
>>
>>26666378
"I do [THINGS OTHER ANONS ALREADY SAID]. What do you do, Nel?"
>>
>>26666407
>>26666412
>>26666450
>>26666463
>>26666608
>>26666790
"According to Kis, odd jobs not suited to anyone else. Delivery. Espionage. Recon. Collecting small things that won't be noticed later on. What do you do?"
>Nel nods
>"One of those mares. You have the build. Me? Marksmanship and force. I've got a particularly tough case I'm working on at the moment, got assigned to him a couple of days ago. Trying to kneed some information out of him at the moment, but he's one tough cookie..."
>She then deals the cards back out and cracks her back,
>"Let's try this again..."

>input action
>>
>>26667233
What are you playing?
>>
>>26667233

Don't think too hard about cards. One should not be the highest!
>>
>>26667339
Not according to us. One is the lowest and King is the highest. Or princess. Or whatever that card is called in horseland.
>>
>>26667233
So... do you know what all that paper shredding is about?
>>
>>26667243
>>26667339
>>26667473
>For the moment, you ignore the cards themselves, ignoring the fact there's 13 cards per suit, only 3 royals, 1 ace per suit.
"What are you playing?"
>"Solitaire, just trying to beat myself at the moment. I've only won a few times, I'm not too good, but it's a way to pass the time. Probably going to head back up there soon and try to get something out of him, but I'm losing hope. Kis isn't going to be happy if this was all for naught..."

>input action
>>
>>26667624
Guessing he's a criminal? A normal pony wouldn't try so hard to hide something.
>>
>>26667624
Has she tried the good cop/bad cop approach? Force only gets you so far, especially if they're ready for it.
>>
>>26667660
>>26667658
"Is he a criminal? Any normal pony probably would just give in..."
>Nel shakes her head,
>"No, he's not a criminal, but certainly not a normal pony either."
"Huh... Well, have you tried a good cop/bad cop approach? Force only gets you so far."
>She taps her chin.
>"Hey, that isn't such a bad idea! But I don't have anyone to do be my good cop..."
>Nel then grins,
>"Would you like to be my good cop? You're petite and seem nice enough. I can give you a cut of my pay for it too, if you need an incentive for that sort of thing."

>input action
>>
>>26667765
If that'd be alright with Kis.
>>
>>26667765
I'll have to ask the boss first.
>>
>>26667765
Of course! But fill me in first, so I'm not flying blind.
>>
>>26667778
>>26667839
She's busy destroying evidence. I doubt she would be upset at us taking initiative.
>>
>>26667863
She's right there, and it's a simple question.
>>
>>26667778
>>26667839
>>26667855
"I do think I should ask Kis first, but if she's good with it, I am. I do want to get filled in on what's happening."
>"Makes sense. Worth a shot."
>You trot over to Kis's office and pop your head in after a short knock.
>A worried Kis stammers in response,
>"Y-Yes? I'm a bit busy at the moment Twitch!"
>Her voice is laced with false calm, and she is ripping and tearing at various documents, then running them through a shredder.
"Just wanted to know if I could help Nel out with her assignment, she's having trouble on her own."
>Kis, not really paying attention, nods along,
>"What? Oh yes, sure whatever Twitch, it's fine. Come see me a-after I'm done here."
"Alright! Will do!"
>You say in confusion, then return to see Nel.
>"Any luck?"
>She asks hopefully.

>input action
>>
>>26668079
She said go ahead.

So what are we trying to get and who is this guy?
>>
>>26668079
We're good!
So fill me in. Who is he and what do we need to know?
>>
>>26668092
>>26668149
"She said go for it. So who exactly is this guy, and what are we trying to get out of him?"
>"A cop, one working undercover. There's been a couple sticking their noses around this area of town recently. I don't think they're looking for us specifically, but this one got a little too close for comfort. Thankfully, I have reason to believe he has no contacts at the moment, which means the poor little baby's all on his own out here. Good for us bad for him. Specifically, he was following one of our mares and giving her a hard time. Right now I'm trying to figure out how much the authority knows about us, if we're being singled out, or if the whole section of town is under suspicion. We're not the only ones around here with a bad rap."
>She then picks up her knife and spins it on her hoof again,
>"His name's Speckle. He's not some hardass, but sure is resilient. Anything else you want to know about him?"

>input action
>>
>>26668322
What have you told him? I know that in some of the spy movies, when they interrogate the good guy, they give away more than they meant to.
>>
>>26668322
What's happened so far?
Has he actually said anything?
>>
>>26668375
>>26668350
"What's happened so far? Has he said anything?"
>"Said anything? He's damn talkative. Anything about his job? He keeps his lips shut tight. I do know he works as an undercover agent, and that he was assigned to this area. He's got a wife and a foal, and they both understand he goes away for long periods of time. Oh, and that there was one other pony assined to this district."
"Alright... What have you told him? I know that in some of the spy movies, when they interrogate the good guy, they give away more than they meant to."
>Nel taps her chin,
>"He knows practically nothing. Never seen Kis or Prov. Was out cold when we brought him in, so he has no idea where he is. I think that's it. He has seen me, obviously, but I'm the only pony he's had interacted with here. And he's in much too bad a shape to pull any funny business right now, don't you worry."

>input action
>>
>>26668506
Huh, alright. I'd rather he didn't get a clear look at me. You got any hats around here?
>>
>>26668506
Still, if we have our wig and dress with us, I'd like to use those.
Cover up our cutie mark and hairstyle
>>
>>26668506
Interrogation rule #1: NEVER SAY ANYTHING! When somebody starts talking, even if it's off topic, they can accidentally slip up. He's come close to identifying the most important people in his life and he's identified the existence of another coop in the area.
>>
>>26668591
>>26668564
>>26668552
"Hm. I'd rather he didn't get a clear look at me. Have any hats or something of the like?"
>Nel stands and moves to the room's closet.
>"I'd bet we've got a wide brimmed thing if you'd like, and I can dim the lights while you're in there with him. Is that sufficient?"

>input action
>>
>>26668668
Although none of this matters if you aren't going to eventually let him go.
>>
>>26668668
That should be enough.

>>26668704
Of course they will. Killing cops is stupid.
Oh, and wrong too.
>>
>>26668704
>>26668723
"Of course, it all depends on if you plan on releasing him..."
>Nel shrugs
>"We're not sure yet. I've been talking it over with Kis, and I fear she might make a rash decision either way in the state she's currently in, depending on the knowledge we get. Again, I don't know. Maybe you could help with the decision after your turn."
"We'll see. And yes, what you mentioned should be enough."
>She then grabs a wide brimmed sun-hat from the closet, fits it over your head, and gives you a grin.
>"Looks good on you. Ready to meet our mystery man?"

>input action
>>
>>26668831
Sure.
>>
>>26668831
I guess so.
>>
>>26668845
>>26668936
"Sure!"
>"Then let me get your date ready, and you'll be all set!"
>She then motions for you to follow and takes you upstairs, leading to one of the "Do not Disturb" doors.
>She holds a hoof to her lips, mouths
>"Shhh,"
>Heads inside and shuts the door.
>After a second, the door reopens and she motions for you to enter.
>The door clicks shut behind you, and from the center of the room, in a dimly lit chair is a white stallion.
>He's blindfolded, and chuckles a little at your hoofsteps.
>"Somebody new, is it? Who do I have the honor of conversing with today? Been dreadfully dull around here, even with that mare taking potshots at me."

>input action
>>
>>26668985
Let her start so we can react to what happens.
>>
>>26668985
Good cop always comes first.

My name's Twitch. I'm just wanting to get you out of here as fast as possible, Speckle, and back home.
>>
>>26669077
Nah, too much. He's not going to buy the second part. It won't sound sincere.
Just tell him our name, let him react, then we can work on reassurance.
>>
>>26669077
>>26668985
Just be nice and sincere
>>
>>26669115
>>26669077
>>26669177
"I'm Twitch."
>You say soothingly, slowly pacing in the dark.
>The stallion appears to relax for a second, but then tenses again.
>"A-and what are you here for? Is that other mare here? Nel or whatever?"
>Nel raises an eyebrow, but doesn't respond.
>Speckle then coughs a little and strains against his restraints.
>"A-Ack. M-Mind wiping my chin?"

>input action
>>
>>26669205
Do we have something to wipe him with?
>>
>>26669205
No, I wouldn't mind at all.

Do we have a handkerchief or something among our saddlebag stuff?
>>
>>26669205
Nel stepped out, and sure, I can do that.
The reason I'm here is because we need to know some things Speckle, and unfortunately we can't let you go until we do.
>>
>>26669247
This.
>>
>>26669247
I think even that might be a little strong. Could we soften it a bit more, even?
>>
>>26669373
Uh
>I'm here to try make sure things work out smoothly for everyone involved, including you, Speckle.
>>
>>26669373
I thought >>26669247 sounded fine as is. I'll throw in a third vote for it.
>>
>>26669440
I like this version better, but it appears I'm outvoted.
>>
>>26669580
I can certainly understand that. I'd feel the same in your position.
The reason you should trust me is because I represent the quickest and easiest way out of here for you.
I'm only interested in what you know, and that information can be used to ensure no one else is hurt.
I don't like violence Speckle, and I've no intentions of creating a home without a father.
>>
>>26669637
I like this, though maybe the veiled threat is not the best way to be "good cop?"
>>
>>26669314
>>26669458
>>26669247
>>26669231
>>26669232
>You always keep a handkerchief on you, in cases of emergency cleaning duties, and this works as a perfect time to use it.
>With it, you wipe his chin off and brush his chest with your other hoof,
"Nel stepped out, so you're safe."
>He then lets out a little sigh of releif, but pauses for you to continue.
"The reason I'm here is because we need to know some things Speckle, but unfortunately we can't let you go until we do."
>After a second, he nods.
>"Ok Twitch... Nel's been telling me that for a while, but that's not something I'm really inclined to disclose right now. Right now, and I'm sure you understand, this is all the leverage I have, my only chance at getting out of here. I can't trust anypony here right now, you and Nel being my only options. But let me say, you already seem to be the better option to bet my life with... However, I need something concrete, as promises won't mean anything if I end up in a landfill somewhere..."
>He sounds like he's on edge, maybe even a little frightened.
>Can't blame him.

>input action

>>26669637
Whoops. If you'd like to rework your post at all you can. Just hit post and realized I'd been writing for the wrong majority.
>>
>>26669580
"I know this has been rough on you, but I assure you I am not like Nel. I'm not a fan of v-violence. I'm actually a bit shy, heh. Speckle, we just need some information. Please help us, I don't want anymore violence."
>>
>>26669671
Good cops are allowed to point out what bad cops will do.
It's all about presenting the good and bad options.
Give them a choice, so that when they choose you they feel less powerless in the situation.
>>
>>26669671
Maybe if we change it a little. Don't say that we'll be the ones creating the home lose its father.

Maybe "I have no desire to let a family lose their father."
>>
>>26669704
I really don't think we should make even an oblique threat. Nel will do that in a minute when she bursts in. Just go with >>26669692.
>>
>>26669777
Sure.
>>
>>26669691
wew
I can certainly understand that. I'd feel the same in your position.
Concrete is... difficult, given the situation, but I can tell you that I'm only interested in what you know, and that information can be used to ensure no one else is hurt.
I don't like violence Speckle, and I've no intentions of creating a home without a father.
We prefer to avoid problems here, not attack them, and right now the problem isn't you, it's your partner.
I know you think you are protecting them, but if we know who they are we can stay out of their sight.
There won't be any need for a repeat of what's happened here. We can simply avoid them or distract them.
>>
>>26669785
Eh, I still like >>26669692 better. You version sounds fine if we were doing this solo, but we're part of a good cop bad cop thing.
>>
>>26669866
I agree.
>>
>>26669866
>>26669872
We told him Nel ain't here though.
>>
>>26669899
Well if he's uncooperative, we'll just have to go get her.
>>
>>26669899
We said she stepped out. She's going to come back, obviously. That's why we suggested "good cop bad cop" and not "why not let me take a crack at him".
>>
>>26669911
>>26669912
Good cop should still extrude authority, or the subject will doubt their ability to actually control anything. If we paint ourself as a pushover he might just think Nel is in charge and will decide his fate regardless of us.
>>
>>26669944
Actually a fair point.
>>
>>26669866
>>26669872
>>26669944
"I know this has been really rough on you, I'm sorry. Look I'm not like Nel. I actually really hate violence, heh. Let's talk okay Speckle? We just want some information, and it doesn't have to come from brute force. That is why I'm here! But Speckle, you need to help me help you. Otherwise, Nel will come back in here. I don't think either of us want that..."

That better?
>>
>>26669998
It's better.
>>
>>26669692
And
>>26669998
Are the two ideas at the moment. Is there any consensus?
>>
>>26669998
This.
>>
>>26670096
The latter.
>>
>>26670096
The second one. It combines all the good features of the first two and leaves out the threat.
>>
>>26669998
>>26670050
>>26670109
>>26670261
>>26670309
"I know this has been really rough on Speckle, and I'm sorry. Look, I'm not like Nel. I actually really hate violence. We just want some information, and it doesn't have to come from brute force. That's why I'm here! But Speckle, you need to help me help you, otherwise, Nel will come back in here. I don't think either of us want that..."
>Speckle laughs awkwardly, straining against his ropes.
>"Certainly right, but you're not exactly giving me a confidence booster there Twitch... God I'm tired. I can't sleep like this."
>He then shakes his head and sighs.
>"Who do you both work for? Maybe I could speak to them, they might be able to shed a little more light on this situation for me, if that's possible. If not, I may have to see Nel's offer before we continue. I still need more than that..."

>input action
>>
>>26670355
You know I can't tell you that Speckle. The less you know the easier it is to let you go. And as for Nel, I'm sure that she can't offer you anything I can't.
>>
>>26670355
>who's your boss
Nice try, fucker.

"I don't really know who is in charge of everything. I'm new. I just met Nel today."

It's only a lie of omission.
>>
>>26670416
I don't like admitting that we're new.
>>
>>26670416 (me)
Never mind, >>26670412 is better.
>>
>>26670355

>>26670412
This

He's taking our kindness for stupidity.
>>
>>26670412
This, but perhaps add on this as well?

"The only thing Nel can offer you that I can't is more cuts and bruises...or worse."

We got to try to be nice but enforce that he doesn't exactly have many options here.
>>
>>26670459
I'm fine with that addition because there's no real threat, just a reminder that we are the good cop and she is the bad cop.

And he is the actual cop.

This metaphor is ironically inapplicable in this situation.
>>
>>26670412
>>26670426
>>26670441
>>26670459
"You know I can't tell you that Speckle. The less you know the easier it is to let you go. And as for Nel, the only thing she can offer you is more cuts and bruises, maybe even worse..."
>Speckle shudders,
>"But what information do you want specifically? I need to know what exactly what you desire so you can let me go."
>He then struggles against the ropes again,
>"Would you mind untying me from the chair? You can keep the bonds themselves on, I-I just want to lie down."
>At this point, Nel starts moving over to the door on her hooftips, reaching for the handle.

>input action
>>
>>26670549
Agree to do that, since we know that we won't even get a chance to start before Nel comes in.
>>
>>26670549
I want to know what you know about us.
Tell us that and I'll let you lie down.
>>
>>26670549
The more you help me the more I can help you.
Those bonds can come off, and you have to do is work with me.
Lets start simple. Why were you following that mare?
>>
>>26670549
Should be easy. Basic concept of negative reinforcement vs. presentation punishment

He cooperates, we take away the things that are causing him discomfort. He refuses, Nel takes steps backwards, adding discomforts.
>>
>>26670624
>>26670579
These. We good cop.
>>
>>26670579
>>26670592
>>26670624
>>26670651
"Oh, of course!"
>You say cheerily, as the the door to the room slowly creaks open.
>Speckle tenses up, and you stop.
>"W-Who's there?"
>He asks, and Nel responds,
>"Just little old me. How're things coming along Twitch?"
"Oh, nothing yet, just untying the bonds keeping Speckle to the chair."
>However, Nel stops you, making a big show of it,
>"Woah, woah, woah! I think we need at least something out of our little prince before we start handing out rewards, don't you Twitch?"
>For a moment, you muse to yourself
"Perhaps you're right Nel... How about this, we'll start simple for you. Why were you following that mare?"
>Speckle tilts his head and rubs the base of his neck against the chair's back, still wiggling a little in his restraints.
>"I just had instructions to do so from the higher-ups."
>For a moment, it seems like he was going to continue, but then coughs once or twice and stops his thought there.

>input action
>>
>>26670735
Right, but surely they told you why?
>>
>>26670735
"Well, why her?" Indirect attempt to discern how much they know.
>>
>>26670735
Honestly, this is such an obvious lie I'm surprised our bad cop isn't stepping in.

Really? They never told you why?
>>
>>26670764
Agreed. Give Nel a moment to respond with a slap and a "what do you think we're stupid", and if not, ask why he was following her, like you said. Also like >>26670763 said. And >>26670762.
>>
>>26670764
I agree
>>
beb
>>
>>26670762
>>26670763
>>26670764
>>26670881
>>26671755
>Instead of making a move yourself, you look to Nel.
>The stallion isn't lying, but it's certainly not the answer you're looking for.
>Nel steps in to give the stallion a hoof across the face.
>He moans slightly, and Nel now yanks his mane, pulling him close.
>In a loud, angry whisper, she responds
>"Just how fucking stupid do you think we are? Any more question dodgeing, and you'll be getting a lot more than that Speck."
>Then, for added effect, she spits on his face and retreats, giving you a little flourish.
>Returning to your soothing voice, you ask,
"Really? Did they never tell you why you were following her?"
>Speckle bites his lip,
>"She's suspected to be involved in a recent kidnapping. I-I don't know much more than that, alright? C-Can I please lie down?"
>Before you can respond, Nel steps forward and flips his chair onto its back.
>Speckle yelps as the chair's back hits the floor, and before he can calm down Nel delivers a kick to his side.
>"Lying down now, aren't you? I know you know a little more about her than that, come on Speckle, this doesn't have to take all day."
>Now struggling frantically against his restraints, Speckle cries out
>"R-Really, there's nothing else of note! I-I know her name, coat, why I'm following her and address. I-I was just assigned to observe her everyday life!"
>Nel now lines up another kick and turns to you, letting silence hang in the air.

>input action
>>
>>26673558
Nel. That's enough. He's telling the truth.

And what did you find out?
>>
>>26673606
"Nel. That's enough. He's telling the truth."
>The stallion lets out a sigh of relief, and Nel begrudgingly sets his chair right.
"And what did you find out?"
>"She goes to a certain bar often. Hangs around in clubs, always has her saddlebags with her. I know a few of her friends, and asked about her a couple times. Told me her hobbies, personality, the like... If I can't lie down, can I at least get a breath of fresh air? It's so stuffy in here."
>There is a window in the room if you wished to oblige him, but for the moment you look to Nel.
>She shrugs, but says in a whisper,
>"Think we should save that until we have get little more out of him."

>input action
>>
>>26673734
Nod. That's gonna have to be a big reward.
Lying down is a good earlier reward.

For now, I say we narrow the questioning. He said that she goes to one bar more often than the others, which is worrying.

When you were following her, where did she go most often? I need names of places, please. Tell us that truthfully, I'll let you lie down.
>>
>>26673734
Alright Speckle. Tell me which bar it is and you can lie down, I promise.
>>
>>26673812
>>26673850
"When you were following her, where did she go most often? I need names of places, please. Tell us that truthfully, I'll let you lie down."
>He thinks for a moment.
>"Well, there's a couple places she visited 'often.' A club called 'The Shaker,' is somewhere she went often during the night. Sometimes she went to an apartment complex on West Northrup, but I never dared follow inside. Too empty, and I might have been spotted. And she also goes to a bar called "The Last Laugh," during the daytime, which I found odd. The one time I followed her inside, she wasn't there, she just disappeared. Lost her for a few hours there."

>input action
>>
>>26673883
Be true to our word.
>>
>>26673883
Fair enough, let him out of the chair.
>>
>>26673906
>>26673890
>You stay true to your word, and nod for Nel to release him.
>He's still bound by his legs and hooves, but can now stretch out.
>"O-Oh thank Celestia..."
>He moans, curling up and shaking a little.
>Nel lets him enjoy this for a moment, then grabs him by the mane and roughly tugs his head up.
>"You're going to have to be good for us if you're looking to keep this privilege... And if something happens, I'll be sure to make your next confinement worse than a lousy chair."
>She then roughly shoves his head back into the floor, and he moans quietly.
>"F-Fine, fine, w-what else do you want?"
>He spits quietly,

>input action
>>
>>26673944
Have you been tailing any other mares lately, you or the other officers around here?
>>
>>26673944
Is your colleague doing the same thing you are?
>>
>>26673975
>>26674025
"Have you been tailing other mares in the area lately? You or the other officers around here?"
>The stallion shakes his head, but chuckles a little.
>"No, at least I haven't. This was the first I'd been over in the area. I don't know much about what the other guy has been doing, just my own job."
>You nod,
"Building off that, is your colleague doing the same thing you are?"
>Speckle nods,
>"I believe so, with some additional stuff tacked on. Again, I don't know too much about it, but if you really want specifics I can give a bit."

>input action
>>
>>26674067
By all means, please do.
>>
>>26674067
Anything can help. The more we know the easier we can avoid any more unpleasant situations.
>>
>>26674067
We should probably also ask him if he told anyone else what he knew
>>
>>26674140
>>26674108
>>26674079
"By all means, yes, but first, does anyone else know of this?"
>The stallion shakes his head.
>"No, I didn't have time to tell, thanks to you guys."
>You nod,
"Well, thank you. Now, the more we know, the better we can prevent unpleasant situations for other ponies like yourself. Continue."
>Speckle scoffs at this, and recieves a small punt in the rump from Nel for it.
>"A-Alright... It's been a while since we talked, but he said he'd been in contact with the supervisor of the area, and that he was doing specific analysis on ponies. He gave a list of suspects, I didn't remember a lot of them, but specified to me a mare named Gaze and another named Skye as being the focus of his observation. Other than that, I've got nothing. That enough for you?"

>input action
>>
>>26674584
Did they say what this 'specific' analysis was for?
>>
>>26674657
"Did he say what this analysis was for?"
>You ask, a little intrigued.
>He nods,
>"There's been some underground activity in the area for a while, and I believe he was just looking to find any possible connections. I don't know if he succeeded."

>input action
>>
>>26674716
So to recap, you were told to follow certain ponies and feed their daily routines to him? Nothing else?
>>
>>26674716
Thank you Speckle. That's very helpful.
>>
>>26674825
>>26674859
"Thank you Speckle, that's very helpful. So to recap, you were told to follow certain ponies and feed their daily routines to this other stallion? Nothing else?"
>Speckle bites his lip,
>"Well... Yes, that's basically it. I was following my own suspect though, I never saw either of those Gaze or Skye ponies. I was supposed to tell my colleague if I did."
>Nel steps in for a moment,
>"So who exactly were you following? I need a name."
>He thinks for a moment,
>"Her name's Josie Nettle, alright?"
>Nel bites her lip and taps her chin, then takes on an angry expression.
>"I don't know of anyone named Josie around here..."
>She whispers harshly, giving Speckle one hell of a stink-eye.

>input action
>>
>>26674959
Perhaps she goes by a different name usually.
>>
>>26674994
"Perhaps she goes by a different name usually, don't be so quick to judge..."
>You say in chastisement, at which Nel grins,
>"Well I am the bad cop, it's my duty to be rash and violent."
>She then turns back to Speckle and takes out her knife, drawing lazy circles on his stomach with the tip of it.
>He suddenly looks very frightened.
>"Now Speckle, if I asked you what organization in particular your supervisor was looking for, you'd tell me, wouldn't you?"
>He takes a deep breath,
>"M-Maybe, t-that all depends..."
>"Then who? What are you all so intent on finding around here?"
>Speckle tries to wriggle away from the blade, but Nel now pins him to the floor, setting aside the knife and pressing his head into the wood planks of the wall.
>"I'll repeat that for you one last time... Who or what are you looking for?"
>Speckle's brow furrows and he presses his lips together, quaking a little under Nel's pressure.
>Nel now looks to you for guidence, and also for judgement on her current course of action.

>input action
>>
>>26675194
Nel please, lets not do anything rash.
Why don't you just tell us exactly what this Josie Nettle looks like, hmm?
>>
>>26675269
Yeah, this.
>>
>>26675276
>>26675269
"Nel, please don't do anything so rash... Right now, we're focusing on Josie. What does she look liks Speckle?"
>Nel, with some grumbling, lets up on the stallion and returns to your side.
>Still shaking, Speckle stammers out
>"S-She's a green mare, with a grey mane. Not from age, naturally so... W-We havent been able to pin anything on her, w-we just need evidence!"
>Nel screws up her face and whispers to you,
>"Summer? I think he's talking about Summer. She does consultation and field work, guess she slipped up on a recent job... She's not always on duty, but pops in every so often to see if there's work for her."

>input action
>>
>>26675350
It might be better to take a break and run this by someone downstairs.
>>
>>26675350
You said she was working for an organization .
Tell us the name.
>>
>>26675380
This. Make sure to leave his eventual fate ambiguous in his eyes in case we need him for something else later after conferring with our bosses.
>>
>>26675380
>>26675456
>You nod,
"Well, thank you for your cooperation Speckle, we approciate it greatly."
>He moans,
>"N-No problem."
"Now, we need some time to confer over what we now know. Somepony will take care of you soon, maybe me, maybe somepony else."
>With that, you promptly leave, Nel following soon after.
>Downstairs, Kismet seems to have finished ripping apart papers, but now sits in her chair with her eyes closed, mouthing something to herself.
>Providence is hastily filling out paperwork.
>At the bottom of the stairs, Nel gives you an accomplished look.
>"That went rather well. It's more than I myself got out of him alone."

>input action
>>
>>26675664
Thanks. I think we may be able to piece most of this together ourselves with what we know.
>>
>>26675664
Do we know a skye or gaze?
>>
>>26675691
>>26675719
"Thanks. I think we may be able to piece most of this together ourselves with what we know."
>She nods,
>"Hopefully... It's not much, but we can probably fill in the gaps."
"Exactly. Do you by chance know a Skye or Gaze?"
>Nel shakes her head,
>"No, I don't. Like you said though, everyone around here carries a few different names, so I wouldn't expect myself to... Now, I was thinking about what Speckle said. From his info, is it safe to believe he knows nothing about us specifically, but that they're getting pretty close? I want at least something brief to say when we go talk to Kis."

>input action
>>
>>26675780
Yeah. I think it's worrying how often he's seen her walk into the Last Laugh during the daytime.

Sounds good. Doesn't know anything yet, but he's definitely barking up the right tree.
>>
>>26675780
They know something is happening in the area and have targeted at least one of our girls.
They may know that the Laugh is a focal point of some sort. There's at least one more operating in the area.
It's possible they're here because of one of Summer's more recent jobs, which might give us a clue as to who they are specifically.
>>
>>26675780
Obviously the keeping of several names has been good practice. But it hasn't totally kept them off of the trail.

You should tell Kis or Prov, or whom ever is your supervisor about this asap. Summer might be in danger from that other cop.
>>
>>26675833
>>26675832
>>26675992
"Yeah. I think it's worrying how often he's seen her walk into the Last Laugh during the daytime. False names kept them off, but didn't fully do so."
>Nel takes a heavy breath,
>"That's true, hopefully he doesn't get wise about any of us then. Ugh."
>She then takes you along to Kis's office, knocks gently, and takes you inside.
>Like a bullet, Kis's head shoots up, but quickly relaxes,
>"O-Oh... Hey girls! Sorry, just having a little crisis at the moment, but I've dealt with most of it, and Provvie is doing her best to get most of it swept under the rug. What can I do for you!"
>Nel gives you a small nudge
"O-Oh, me? I-Well, Nel and I have been doing the interrogation you suggested,"
>At this, Kis takes on a very surprised look, but quickly hides it,
"And discovered... Somewhat worrying news. The police know something's happening in this area, possibly linked to us, and they're targeting at least one of our girls. There's suspicion of the Laugh being a focal point, and there's at least one more operating in the area. It's possible they're here because of one of Summer's more recent jobs, which might give us a clue as to who they are specifically. Now I don't have the full picture, but that's what I've discerned from the session."
>Kis swears, and buries her face in her hooves
>"Today gets better and better... Dumb junkie. A-Alright. With that information, I think I know what's going on with Speckle. About a month ago, we needed a certain somepony to take a leave of absence from their company for a few days. Somepony didn't cover their tracks. The good news is I know who exactly spilt the beans, the bad news is that Summer can't come around here anymore. And I don't think she'll stop visiting just because we asked nicely. What about Speckle himself? How is he?"

>input action
>>
>>26676133
Uncomfortable and bruised, but he'll be fine.
>>
>>26676133
He's a little beat up, but nothing serious.
>>
>>26676133
He's not exactly comfortable, but he's doing fine.

He said there was a list of suspects that his partner was following. He remembered Skye and Gaze as two names, if those mean anything to you.
>>
>>26676188
>>26676168
>>26676198
"A little beat up, but he'll be fine."
>Kis nods.
>"Now Nel, you can handle giving Summer a talking to, right?"
>Nel gives an affirmative,
>"Good. If you want to ride along for that Twitch, gimme the word."
>You nod, considering,
"Speckle also mentioned there was a list of suspects that his partner was following. He remembered Skye and Gaze as two names, if those mean anything to you."
>Kis raises an eyebrow,
>"They do, or at least one does. I don't know Gaze, but Skye is the nickname of one of our intel gatherers. She's on vacation at the moment though, so we've got nothing to worry about on her part. Maybe I'll tell her to delay a few weeks until this quiets down..."
>After scribbling a quick note, Kis stretches,
"Now, that leaves our snitch, and the problem of Speckle himself. The cop is easier, so let's deal with him first... What in Celestia's name are we going to do with him? If he's got a colleague releasing him is an awful idea, but I don't see much else we could do. He'll just go tattle, and if one of you let slip anything we'll be in a right pickle."
>She looks to the two of you for ideas, and Nel shrugs.

>input action
>>
>>26676376
Maybe keep him until we can get the other one?

I'm not sure, but if we hold him too long then the police are gonna come looking.
>>
>>26676376
We know his colleague is looking for Skye. What if we bait him out with her? Once we had them both we could work something out.
>>
>>26676376
I know it's a long shot, but do we have any unicorns specializing in magic in our organization? Maybe someone who could wipe the last few days worth of memories?
>>
>>26676587
>>26676406
>>26676823
"I know this is a long shot, but do we have any unicorns specializing in magic in our organization? Maybe someone who could wipe the last few days worth of memories?"
>Kis shakes her head.
>"Skilled magicians, we have a good few. Anything of that caliber? I'd be surprised if there were twenty unicorns in Equestria with that level of skill, and you don't know the lengths we'd take to recruit just one of them..."
>You sigh and shake your head.
"How about this then... We know his colleague is looking for Skye. What if we bait him out with her? We grab him and then work something out with the both of them."
>Kis gives you an odd look.
>Then she takes a moment, taps her chin and stops.
>Then grins.
>"That's actually not a bad idea Twitch. Now, say if I gave you responsibility for this hypothetical job, would you take it? Catch this other stallion, get them both together and negotiate with them, then release them. Would you be up to the task, or would you rather stick with the littler jobs you've been taking. I swear I can make it worth your while..."
>She finishes with a wink.

>input action
>>
>>26676912
Could, uh, could I get some back up?
>>
>>26676912
I'd like to, but it is more than I feel I can do properly all on my own. Could we put together a team for this?
>>
>>26676912
>Skilled magicians, we have a good few. Anything of that caliber? I'd be surprised if there were twenty unicorns in Equestria with that level of skill, and you don't know the lengths we'd take to recruit just one of them...
...and now I can't stop picturing mafia Trixie.
>>
>>26676912
Uh, I wouldn't be doing this alone right? I'm don't really know how to kidnap someone like that.
>>
>>26677094
But Anon, she said skilled :^)
>>
>>26676928
>>26677071
>>26677095
"I wouldn't be doing this alone right? Don't think I really know how to kidnap someone..."
>Kis shrugs,
>"Every situation is different, know thine enemy. And yes, you'd have a small team for this operation. You in charge, Nel if she agrees, Skye, and two others I have in mind. One would be a marksman, the other an all-arounder. Would you be up to the task?"
>Nel shrugs,
>"I'd be up for it if you are Twitch."

>input action
>>
>>26677183
Yeah, though you should make sure that there is an even amount of ponies on this team.

I'll do it.
>>
>>26677183
Hell yeah, then.
>>
File: image.png (312 KB, 900x990) Image search: [Google]
image.png
312 KB, 900x990
>>26677109
Too late, it's headcanon now.
>>
>>26677209
>>26677216
"Then sure, I'd be up for it! If I may make one small request?"
>Kis nods,
"Could the team be six ponies? Five is an... Icky. Icky number."
Kis looks a little confused,
>"Well, with me included the team is six. Is that enough for you?"
"Yes, very much so!"
>You say with satisfaction.
>"For the moment I had another job in mind, and also wished to discuss the payment of this new job with you. Mind stepping out Nel?"
>Nel nods and trots out, leaving you alone with Kis.
>"Firstly, I wanted to talk to you about a weekend job. I was planning on having you befriend a manager at Verte and get some info out of him. He's on holiday today and Sunday. Would you be up for that? Skye does need a few days to get back after I tell her of this job, so this might be a good way to kill time until her return."

>input action
>>
>>26677428
Sounds good. I'm usually good at being friendly. Do you have a dossier on him?
>>
>>26677428
I can do friendly. Who is he?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.