[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Pony - Power Ponies CYOA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 4
File: Super crew.png (455 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Super crew.png
455 KB, 800x800
Bzzt Edition
>Oh look, another text-based CYOA, what's with this one?
Glad you asked.

Welcome to Super Pony, a CYOA taking place in Maretropolis, a city where the forces of good and evil are at a constant struggle.
You play as Easy Ride, also known as Road Rage, and this is your quest to get back at Boomerang for sending you to prison and subsequently ruining your life.

Catch up on this and other CYOAs here:
http://anonpone.com/capeshit

Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/DF5XiQqi
Last time:
>Beat Sludge.
>Bottled him up.
>Got interrupted by a super on the way home.
>Talked to Ice about her relationship with Two-bit as well as your own past
>Set half of him free, sent a quarter to the police, and kept the last quarter for safekeeping.

Let’s continue.
>>
>>26593809
>You crack your eyes open, sitting up in bed.
>Yawning, you stretch your arms skyward.
>Looking around, Tinker and Storm are still asleep, snoring softly.
>Tinker grips his little toy car tightly around his chest.
>You used to be able to sleep till noon, but you find yourself waking with the sun, just like you did in the desert.
>Adhering to a strict sleep schedule will do that.
>You toss the covers aside and hop out of bed, heading towards the kitchen.
>Opening up the pantry, you grab a few pieces of bread, toast them, and apply some butter.
>Taking a seat next to Voltage, you eat them, electing to cut it back a little bit now that you’ve regained some of your squishiness.
>With your meal in hoof, you look around, trying to find Two-bit and Ice.
>They sit in the living room, just talking.
>You have some hopes about what.
>Voltage looks over to you.
>”Hey Easy?”
“What’s up?”
>”Sleep well?”
“Yeah, all good with me.”
>”Good, I wanted to ask you a silly question about yesterday, about what you said to Sludge.”
“Shoot.”
>”I know that you don’t want us to go public about our actions, and that’s fine for you, but why shouldn’t we all?”
>You set your toast down, looking over to her.
>”I mean, if you want us to do some hero things too, why can’t we get the attention that comes with it too?”
>>
>>26593814
Have you looked at the supers of this city? They all let it get to them. They glorify their actions and accept praise from the populace for every little thing they do. A lot are probably supers just for the recognition, and not because it helps the citizens.
>>
>>26593814
Problem with the heroes in this city s that they want to be celebrities more than they want to protect ponies.
They're all selling perfumes and signing things for their fans. Makes it easy for them to not think about the consequences of what they do.
I mean you saw that chump last night. He thought powers were an excuse to hassle strangers into his house.
He thinks he deserves something others don't because he can do something unusual.
>>
>>26593872
We were with Ice. Volt was delivering Sludge to the cops.
>>
>>26593887
Fug. Well in that case we can tell her about him.
>>
>>26593852
>>26593872
>>26593887
>>26593890
“I want to tell you about something that happened to me last night.”
>She nods, resting her chin on her hoof and leaning in.
“Ice and I ran into this chump superhero who thought that powers were an excuse to try and get random civilians home.”
>”What happened?”
“It took quite a while for me to convince him that I wasn’t interested. He needed a slap in the face to get the hint.”
>”Heh, you got away with it too?”
“Yeah, but the point is that supers glorify their actions and accept praise from the populace. Most of them want to be celebrities first, not because they help the civilians.”
>She nods in understanding.
“They’re all off signing things for their fans, selling perfumes, or posing for magazine covers. It makes it easy not to think about the consequences. They think they deserve something that others don’t just because they can do something unusual.”
>”I guess I understand. So are you trying to prove that you’re better? In that case, why stick with villainy at all? Why not go full hero and show them how it’s done? I mean, you could probably pull it off, look at what you did at the power plant.”
>>
>>26593988
Meh, at this point I'm probably going to villainy just to get by. I'm wanted after all.
But no, I'm not trying to prove anything to them. It's more to myself.
I need to prove I'm not just another problem that doesn't think she's a problem.
>>
>>26594033
>going to villainy
*need
>>
>>26593988
I'm pretty sure showing them up and proving we're better than others goes against our point.
>>
>>26594033
>>26594049
>>26594064
“Meh, at this point, I’m resorting to villainy just to get by. I’m wanted after all.”
>”Oh, right. I think I remember something on the news about you a few months ago. It all kind of blends together, you know?”
“But no, I’m pretty sure showing them up and proving I’m better than them goes against my point. It’s more to me than anyone else.”
>”So you don’t care what they think?”
>You sigh, taking another bite.
“Pretty much. I need to prove to myself that I’m not just another problem who doesn’t think she’s a problem.”
>She nods, letting her hoof fall to the table.
>”No offense, but it’s a bit of a weird way of thinking. I can’t think of any other heroes who don’t want to be noticed.”
>”That’s not to say it’s bad, though!” She hastily adds.
“Thanks, it means a lot.”
>”But I’m wondering, are you planning on going out today too? Would you mind if I came along again?"
>>
>>26594170
Can you keep up for 10 km? :^)
>>
File: 400.gif (198 KB, 392x419) Image search: [Google]
400.gif
198 KB, 392x419
>>26594170
That depends.
Do you wanna be FIT?
>>
>>26594188
>>26594256
“Can you keep up for 10 kilometers?”
>You say with a cheeky grin, stretching your legs.
>”You don’t mean-“
“Exercise.”
>”Oh sweet Celestia.”
“So what, you gonna chicken out now? You wanna be fit, don’t you?”
>”No, I’ll come with you. But please, don’t leave me too far behind, okay?”
“Done.”
>She looks around the kitchen.
>”So, uh, is there some kind of special workout bar or protein shake I need to drink before we start? How do you do get ready for this kind of thing?”
>>
>>26594307
It's called water.
And hay.
>>
>>26594307
100 push ups
100 sit ups
every
single
day
>>
>>26594307
There are no shortcuts in my workout plan, only push ups, curls, and determination.

Maybe I can help you get a better handle on your powers while we're out too.
>>
We should as an end of day and during thing get Tinker working on a way for us(and Sludge, since he doesn't know where we're at if he needs help like we said) to stay in contact, that isn't orb dependent, and while delivering his try and offer him something to reinforce the mentallity that we're allie, like offering to deliver a message to a family member or even just bringing some food along as a peace offering.
>>
>>26594358
It's called the toilet
>>
>>26594371
But is it guranteed to reach him and not someone else?
>>
>>26594358
Sludge is on the shit list where he belongs and the only thing I want to send him down the toilet is more horse turds to eat.
>>
>>26594324
>>26594339
>>26594347
>>26594358
>>26594371
>>26594418
“It’s called water. And hay.”
>”That’s the secret to getting swole? None of that diet medication or anything?”
“There are no shortcuts in my workout plan. Only pushups, sit-ups, and determination.”
>”This sounds really tough.”
“100 pushups, 100 curls, every single day. Ready? Go.”
>You immediately stretch your hind legs behind you and begin your morning workout routine.
>Voltage isn’t far behind you, and with surprise, falls into your workout routine.
“That’s it. Try to get lower if you can. You should get two hooves off the ground. And don’t forget to breathe.”
>She nods, falling in time with your pushups.
>With all the junk you’ve eaten, you’re breathing a bit harder by the time that you reach the situps.
>The nice thing about exercising is that it gives you plenty of time to think.
>You entertain the notion of Tinker designing some kind of way to stay in contact.
>Maybe even with Sludge.
>But then you realize that you have a toilet.
>And also, more importantly, that you have a piece of him in your fridge.
>You could probably talk to him just by pouring him out of his bottle.
>The two of you finish with the first part of your routine, Voltage rushing over to the sink to gulp down a glass of water.
"Don't worry, maybe when we're out, we can work on power control."
>"Where?" Voltage asks between gulps. "What would we do?"
>Also, do you want to wait for Tinker to wake up so you can pitch your idea, or will you just catch him in a couple hours when you get home?
>>
>>26594455
Run time!
>>
>>26594455
catch him later, let's drive in the desert for power control and our 10km
>>
>>26594455
We'll ask him later.
We'd need somewhere quiet to practice. An abandoned area would be ideal. Or maybe we could head a little ways out of the city.
>>
>>26594451
My god you are worthless when it comes to psychology and reformation.
We have a job to do, we have people depending on us, that means things need to be done rather then idiots burning the world down sonthey can keep their personal high-horse, otherwise we'll be making more destructive villians and even worse shit for us to deal with.
Get your head out of the closet and work for the good things, or we are the exact same thing we're trying to undo.
>>
>>26594455
Tink needs to get fit too get his ass running.

That's why he keeps getting his butt handed to him in fights. Colt has no reaction time.
>>
>>26594503
But he's right. Sludge a shit.
>>
>>26594518
He is, but lets make him a better shit rather then letting things get worse till it bites us in the ass, okay?
>>
>>26594595
I'd rather just forget about him tbqh.
>>
>>26594618
Agreed I'm dropping this before anon turns it into a autistic shit storm.
>>
>>26594655
Well then. When we get hurt for it, I'll be laughing in your face.
Also, good job, as I'm not autistic, I just care about other people.
>>
>>26594672
>letting murderers go
>care about other people
Sure thing fampai.
>>
>>26594487
>>26594493
>>26594496
>>26594516
>Wanting to get Tinker fit too, you briefly consider taking him out with you, but then remember that you can’t fit three ponies on your motorcycle.
>For now, you think you’ll just stick with taking Voltage and get him running later.
“We’re gonna go out of town to the desert. That’s where I did all my training.”
>”Isn’t it super hot out there?”
“Yep. Which makes it perfect for me.”
>”But not for me! I’ll practically melt our there!”
“You’ll be fine. I’ll just be sure to pack some extra water with me. Never work out dehydrated.”
>”W-well okay.”
>You grab a few bottled waters from the fridge and stuff them into your nearly full saddlebags.
>Then, the two of you hop onto your bike and open the garage door.
>Gunning it, you press the button to close the door and beat it on the way out, pulling into the streets.
>It’s a little bit before rush hour, so there are a few civilians and cars out.
>Your route out of the city drives you past the bank.
>As it approaches in the distance, you manage to catch a pony wearing a black hoodie walking towards the side wall of the bank.
>You begin to rubberneck as you drive past, watching what he does.
>As you nearly reach the bank, the bank wall collapses inwards, an explosion emanating from his hoof.
>You cover your eyes from the explosion, shockwave, and resulting bang, a few bricks sailing onto the road.
>You and Voltage manage to remain upright, thankfully.
>>
>>26594681
Like your any better, getting the problem out of site doesn't fix anything, it makes things worse in the long run.
>>
>>26594693
Wouldn't be a problem if you hadn't let him go.
>>
>>26594689
Check it out. Who is this pony?
>>
>>26594689
Hell no dude I don't want our organs turned to mush.
>>
>>26594700
A majority either wanted to kill him or put him in the pin to handle him later. I wonder how we ended up just pulling a batman and trying to scare him into place and let him go in the first place.

We should get tink to invent the phantom zone no one breaks out of there....I think.

I'm a little low on my superman lore.
>>
>>26594700
So putting in te two places guranteed to do nothing for anyone were a better option? Also, batman doesn't do shit, other wise all of his rogues wouldn't exist.
>>
>>26594750
Literally anything was better than letting the murderer go.
>>
>>26594689
Bank robberies are classic so im sure the other supers will be all over it.

Hopefuly this guy just gets in and gets out and doesn't end up with a hostage situation.
>>
>>26594689
This is too high profile. The place will be swarming soon.
>>
>>26594758
Or we could've set him up with us so we could keep an eye on him, but everyone wanted to keep his stench away. Not my fault everyon was vain about their nose.
>>
>>26594789
Pretty sure no one wants to know the soulless dumbfuck for very valid reasons.
>>
>>26594798
Souless how? We killed a supe in blind rage, that shows we think we're better then everyone else, plus we knew how flammable the apartments were and we still voted for a rain of fire, so lapse in logic much?
>>
>>26594789
No one wanted a untrustworthy murder around who smells bad.
> You're all so vain.

Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>26594821
We never hunted, imprisoned and then executed teenagers lad.
That's not something you have to teach someone to not do. Anyone worth your time will know that already.
>>
>>26594821
Also I sure as fuck didn't vote to kill the super or set the apartment on fire, so don't push that shit on me.
>>
>>26594712
>>26594721
>>26594766
>>26594788

>You want to get more information at first, but this place is far too high profile.
>As much as you want to help, this place will be swarming with supers in just a few minutes.
>Also, you don’t want your internal organs turned into a mushy soup.
>You need to get out of here.
>Casting one last glance over to the stallion, you try to discern all that you can about him.
>You don’t see any wings or horn, but they could very well be hidden from here.
>Just barely, you manage to catch the side of his hoodie, and you see a cartoonish blue bomb and fuse emblazoned on the side.
>All that in mind, you secretly hope he doesn’t take any hostages and continue driving.
>Soon, you reach the very familiar desert, your motorcycle’s tires bumping and dipping across the rocky terrain.
>Voltage hops off the bike and you do the same.
>The comfortable sun beats down on your back, and you take your clothes off, draping your trenchcoat and hat over your bike.
>You don’t drive all the way out to your old cave in the interest of fuel consumption, but you do find a good animal trail to do some running on.
>You take note of a scorpion scuttling across some rocks a few meters away.
>”Hey, mind if I have some water?” Voltage asks, hoof outstretched.
“Sure thing.”
>You toss her a bottle and she takes a few gulps.
>” So what are we doing first? Practicing or running?”
>>
>>26594831
Don't even use tumblr. And he's intrustworthy because we don't know him, not from anything he's done to us.
Plus, Tumblr is were things are judged without reason, not were everyones happy and smiling.
>>
>>26594821
We thought we could contain the fire and then lost control of our powers.

This guy murdered a kid to keep the rest of his hostages in line.

Stop comparing us to that guy because we're not alike.
>>
>>26594857
Congratulations. He's been hunted for weeks or even years for mothing in the first place. I can say most people turn into monsters if you treat them like one for long enough and Sludge is a prime example.
>>
>>26594872
Check for traces of fire in scorpion.

Also running first.
>>
>>26594875
>intrustworthy because we don't know him
>judged without reason
I'm just going to assume you're drunk or something.
>>
>>26594890
>He's been hunted for weeks or even years for mothing in the first place
Citation needed.
>>
>>26594894
No I'm at work and trust isn't something given at a glance, it's earned. And has he had any way to earn ours or vice versa? No.
>>
>>26594923
He. doesn't. Deserve. Trust.
>>
>>26594903
Look at the rcprd we had prior to going after him, reread what he told us in his interagation. I shouldn't have to citr things you had to read in the first place.
>>
>>26594928
Neither do we, nor you it seems.
>>
>>26594932
He told us he couldn't get a job you moron.
>>
>>26594890
>>26594945
Dosnt matter the guy was in a huge sewer system and could have lefted and even let his hostages go after he got out of city limits

But instead he just wants to squat there for no reason and keep prisoners. He's scum.

>>26594942
and for the love of god stop comparing us to him were not alike.
>>
>>26594872
Control will take some time to meditate over first let's get her tired out with a run so she ready to rest and concentrate.
>>
>>26594945
There are more reasons as to why one can't get a job then there are people in this chat. So do you have a reason that can be justified or just general blanket statements?
>>
>>26594966
And thats why we threatened him and have 1/4 of him as torture fodder, thats been given insurance. Add to this he's paranoid as hell and logical thinking goes out the window .
>>
>>26594991
>guy says he couldn't get a job
>you assume this means he was being hunted for no reason
>somehow I'm the one making blanket statements.
Ebin.
>>
>>26594893
>>26594990
>You check for traces of fire in the scorpion.
>This one doesn’t seem to have any.
>You quickly rectify that error, closing your eyes and offering it some of your magic.
>The scorpion’s tail now aflame, you snap back to reality.
“Anyway, let’s get going. Just follow me.”
>You begin trotting along the animal path, the mare huffing and puffing behind you.
>”So you did this every day?”
“Not every day. Gotta take days off. But yeah, pretty much every day for three months.”
>”Holy smokes.”

“It’s really not so bad once you get used to it.”
>”So what did you do you here besides run your butt off?”
“Not much, train powers, listen to the radio, and eat. It was kind of boring.”
>”Oh.”
>She becomes less talkative as the run goes on, focusing more on her breathing than talking with you.
>Truth be told, you’re not doing much better, but you keep pushing yourself to look like you’re doing better than you are.
>About a half hour in, Voltage calls out to you.
>”W-wait!”
>She croaks, and you turn around, breathing hard.
>She flops onto her back, sweat slicking her coat and fur as she reaches out to you.
>”W-water.”
>You toss her a bottle of water, which she begins draining.
“Slow down, small sips.”
>She nods, greedily sipping off the top of the bottle.
>”Can,” She gasps, her chest heaving, “can we take a break?”
>>
>>26595147
Sure, no hurry. Maybe we can try a little meditation.
>>
>>26595147
I think it's time for a break actually I wonder if we can find our old cave and meditate.

We can give her power control pointers from there.
>>
>>26595147
Yeah. I wasn't much better off when I started.
>>
>>26595147
We should get her to become one with nature like us. So she can see magic and stuff.

I wonder what her spirit animal will be.
>>
>>26595028
The joblessnes came before his powers and after as he said 'noones hiring slimes' . Thats unreleated to the supers going after him. He tried to be a hero, was deemed a villain for reasons we dpn't know, they hunted him,put him in solitary confinement for who knows how long, and guess what? In humans, solitary confinement can drive people insane or into utter paranoia and dependency on others in as little as a week depending on the strength of the individual. You just smashed four points together to make an argument.
>>
>>26595232
>He tried to be a hero, was deemed a villain for reasons we dpn't know
Citation needed.
>>
>>26595248
He got his powers when he was offered by a scoentist who offered him the job of a hero, 'it didn't work out' as he put it during the interogation, we covered this when we asked wiether his powers were accidental.
>>
>>26595322
>it didn't work out
This means he was hunted how?
>>
>>26595346
He was put in prison by a super and stated he's been hounded by them before, so I'm going to assume went the route we did, but got caught.
>>
>>26595171
>>26595180
>>26595186
>>26595216
“Sure thing, there’s no hurry. I wasn’t much better off when I started.”
>”Thank you,” she gasps out, flopping back onto her legs.
>You plop down next to her.
“So I want to try something that helped me get control of my powers.”
>”What’s that?”
“Meditation. Becoming one with magic.”
>”Oh goodie, sounds exciting.”
“It really is useful, all you have to do is close your eyes and try to reach out, see magic all around you.”
>She perks an eyebrow.
“Like this.”
>You shut your eyes and reach out around you, the plants, scorpions, and sun’s light coming into view.
>With your eyes closed, you turn to look straight at High Voltage.
“I can see everything around me, including your magic.”
>”And this talent is useful?”
“Very. Lets me see around corners, how much fighting capability someone has left. You saw how I could call out where Sludge was.”
>”I guess. I’ll give it a shot.”
>You open your eyes and Voltage shuts hers, screwing her face shut and holding her breath.
>She soon exhales, coughing a little bit.
>”I don’t think this is working. How did you do it?”
>>
>>26595407
Well firstly you gotta breathe.
>>
>>26595407
You need to close your eyes an concentrate on something nearby, like me. Feel the power inside yourself, and push outwards. Find the light that represents my magic.
>>
>>26595407
Fore one don't hold your breath.

Calm down, relax and let it happen.
Perhaps we can make it easier for her if we become her magic beacon to look for. Seeing a magically charged pony should be easier than plants and animals.
>>
>>26595438
>>26595482
>>26595526
“Firstly you gotta breathe.”
>”O-oh.”
“Just calm down, relax, and let it happen.”
>She nods and exhales, her breathing slowing down.
“There you go, just focus on the magic inside of you first.”
>She keeps her eyes shut, her breathing methodic and measured.
>”I think I found it,” she whispers.
“What does it look like?”
>”It looks like little sparks, jumping back and forth through my body. It’s really weird.”
“Good, that’s your magic. Where’s it centered?”
>”Right in the middle of my head.”
“That’s it. Now just try to expand outward, look for another source of magic nearby. You should be able to find me.”
>Making it easy for her, you flare up with all that you have, letting your flames as high as they can go.
>It’s showy, tiring, but not very hot. Similar to how you intimidated Soapy a few months ago.
>You feel something brush up against you.
>It feels like a multitude of small shocks running across your coat.
>Like running your fur along a blanket straight out of the dryer when you’re forgotten the dryer sheet.
>”I think I found something.”
“What does it look like?”
>”It’s very green, looks like a damn campfire.”
“That’s me.”
>”Wow, guess I did it, huh?”
“Sure did, nice work.”
>”Thanks, it’s actually kind of neat, I had no idea this is what magic looked like.”
>The shocks continue to run along your body, causing your coat to stand up.
>”So what do I do now?”
>>
>>26595754
Now that she gets how to see it I think now is take to learn how to control it.

Time to project and hold electricity.
>>
>>26595754
Well, we can try sharing a little energy. Just a little though, we don't want to mess with our powers.
>>
>>26595754
Finish our run
>>
>>26595804
>>26595815
“We could try sharing energy. Just a little bit, because it might screw with our powers.”
>”How do I do that?”
“You know how the energy goes out to your limbs and back into your head? Make me part of that system. Give me some of your magic and take some of mine to replace it.”
>”Okay, give me a second.”
>You feel the prickling sensation grip around your head, almost a little tightly.
>”Am I doing this right?”
“Not quite. Breathe out, let the energy flow out. Breathe in, take it back. Like waves on a beach.”
>You feel a gentle push and pull on your mind, to the point where you’re rocking back and forth like someone was actually pushing you.
>But no magic comes in or out.
>”Like this?”
“Not quite.”
>”Ah, dammit.”
“It’s tough. I certainly didn’t learn everything about this kind of magic in a day, and I had quite a bit of help.”
>”So are we done?”
“With this part.”
>”What’s next, then?”
“Next, we try to control you electricity.”
>She opens her eyes, looking to you.
“I want you to project a ball and hold it in the air.”
>Her eyes widen.
>”You want me to do what?”
“Make a ball of electricity and hold it still in the air.”
>”I can’t do that! I would have trouble shocking you from here if I wanted to. I usually have to touch ponies to shock them.”
>>
>>26596044
>I usually have to touch ponies to shock them
And we're going to make it so you don't have to.
>>
>>26596044
Trust me, you can do this. Stop thinking of it as electricity and start thinking of it as magic.
It'll do what you want it to, not what electricity normally does.
Just make a ball close to yourself, then move it slowly away.
>>
"You know how electricity conducts through air, right? So don't try to shock me. Guide the current to me with what you know."
>>
>>26596091
Whoa lad, she's not shooting at us.
>>
>>26596044
There is no can't.

Besides on one is expecting you to get it right in a day. We're starting off small. Also you don't have to just throw the electricity in the beginning, you could try reabsorbing it first to get a feel for it coming in and out.

When you do go to start throwing bolts, If it helps think of your target as a lightning rod and maybe your powers will arc to it when you have an idea for how it would be like. Then when you have a feel for it i'll become second nature.
>>
>>26596128
Used it as a metaphor, but yeah, that was poorly worded.
>>
>>26596071
>>26596085
>>26596091
>>26596128
>>26596157
“There is no can’t. I’m going to teach you so you don’t have to.”
>”Okay. What do I do?”
“First, stop thinking about it as electricity and start thinking about it as magic. When you do start throwing, it'll help to think of your target as a lightning rod. Then it'll become second nature.”
>”Okay…”
“It will do what you want it to do, not what electricity normally does. Just try to make a ball close to yourself.”
>She rears onto her hind legs and holds her hooves about six inches away from each other.
>Voltage concentrates hard as she tries to form a ball, her eyes narrowing.
>But all she’s met with is a spark between her hooves.
>She falls to her hooves.
“Remember to breathe, relax. No one’s expecting you to figure it out in a day.”
>She nods, rearing up again.
>She focuses on the space between her hooves, trying to form a ball.
>Little bolts of electricity crackle and pop between her hooves, forming a vague circular shape
>As soon as it begins to form, it vanishes into little sparks and into nonexistence.
>She snorts, expelling air out of her nostrils.
>”Goddammit. See? I can’t do it.”
>>
I’m going to pause here for the night. Thank you all for playing and I’ll see you all tomorrow.
Goodnight, and remember to ask questions if you have any.
>>
>>26596278
Yes you can, you did better the second time.
All you need to do is keep practicing until you can hold it outside your body.
Don't think about doing anything beyond that.
>>
>>26596286
Firstly, am I causing any issues in the Sludge scenerio, or is that level of debate/arguing kinda par for the course?
This is the first time I've contributed to one of these, I have been following quiet a few, but the etiquette seems to change.
>>
>>26596278
Not yet. Saying that you can't do something dooms you because then you'll never go through the effort to actually try.
>>
>>26596333
You're perfectly free to discuss it if you'd like, I certainly don't have a problem with it.
But since it didn't have anything to do with what's going on, I'll ignore it for the most part.
>>
>>26596278
You started to make it work don't give up.
This a difficult skill but when you have the basics you'll get it.

Just don't force it and don't try to repress your emotions let what comes come naturally.
>>
>>26596359
Alright, i will admit I only intended to add a point to the planned events, so to speak, the debat just kinda... Got out of hand, I'll admit.
>>
>>26595147
>holy smokes
>>
>>26597159
>Crikey mate, oi've gone an zapped me a roite beauty!
>>
>>26596278
How about keeping a circuit between her hooves or some other conductive object going? Cole McGrath style
>>
Beb
>>
buhump
>>
>>26599107
>>
File: Fug.png (18 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
Fug.png
18 KB, 174x231
Those kids are gonna rat out that the flaming murderer saved them.
>>
Mare of murder.
>>
>>26600825
>>
hot
>>
>>26603113
>>
>>26596316
>>26596336
>>26596361
>>26597196
“Not yet, but you will, you did better the second time.”
>”But it’s easy for you to say, the air is so dry out here, but you can just make fire wherever you want,” she mumbles under her breath.
“It’s not an easy skill, but once you have the basics you’ll get it.”
>”What if I can’t, though?’
“Saying that you can’t do something dooms you to fail because you’ll never go through the effort to actually try.”
>”Fine, what am I supposed to do?”
“Just keep practicing until you can hold it outside your body, don’t think of anything beyond that yet.”
>”But how?”
“Don’t try to force it and don’t try to repress your emotions. Let what comes come naturally.”
>”Okay, I’ll try.”
>She closes her eyes one more times, focusing on her hooves.
>Again, sparks jump between them, arcing in a vague circular shape, but no ball stays.
>She exhales, disappointed.
“You forgot to breathe again.”
>”Ugh, I know. Look, is there any other way to do this?”
“No shortcuts I know of, but could you have something between your hooves to conduct? Maybe a big coil or something?”
>She taps a hoof to her chin, then points to your saddlebag.
>”That wrench of yours that you used against Sludge, that’s electric, right?”
“Yeah, why?”
>”Maybe I could borrow it? At least until I learn to shock things from a distance on my own?"
>>
>>26605149
Would a chain not work better for you?
>>
>>26605149
As long as it doesn't fry me when you give it back.
>>
>>26605149
I suppose it might help with getting you to move energy out of you but I think doing this it might be missing the point a bit.

But sure we can try it.
Use it as a conductor and see if it helps you get something out.
>>
>>26605170
>>26605177
>>26605247
“What about a chain, wouldn’t that work better for you?”
>”Actually yeah, that does sound pretty good, if you wouldn’t mind.”
“I haven’t had much opportunity or reason to use it myself, maybe you can borrow it later.”
>”That chain you keep around your bike?”
“That’s the one.”
>”But we’re nowhere near that right now, do you think I could borrow your wrench at least for right now?”
“It’s kind of missing the point, but I guess. Long as it doesn’t shock me when you give it back.”
>”Right.”
>You remove the glove you use to have the wrench come back to you and stuff it in your saddlebag.
>You hoof her the wrench and she twists it, opening it as wide as it will go.
>She doesn’t even close her eyes, and she holds it in both hooves
>Sparks form between the teeth of the wrench, crackling through the dry air.
>Before you know it, a tiny white orb of light hangs in the open mouth of the wrench, small trails of electricity feeding it.
>The air feels charged, and the hairs on your coat stretch upwards.
>”Hey, look at that, I did the thing!”
>She waves the wrench back and forth, chuckling to herself as the bright orb leaves afterimages.
>”So now what do I do with it?”
>>
>>26605492
You move it
>>
>>26605492
Try to move it away from the wrench and near one of your hooves instead. After that you can try going further away.
>>
>>26605492
I wonder if we could get it to arc at something like lightning perhaps we could use a cactus for target practice.

But first let's just start with moving it. Try to use the wrench to launch the electricity.
>>
>>26605541
>>26605558
>>26605603
“You move it, of course.”
>”But where?”
“Let’s move it onto your hooves instead. After that you can try moving it farther away.”
>”Well alright then.”
>Voltage reaches out to the end of the wrench and puts her hoof to the ball.
>It sticks to her hoof and she pulls it away from the end of the wrench.
>She examines it, dropping the wrench and poking it with another hoof.
>”Guess that’s pretty neat, but what-“
>As she pokes it, the ball of energy collapses, forming lines of electricity that flow up and down her yellow leg
>She shudders involuntarily as the shocks run along her limb, and they soon begin to fade.
>”That was weird. Pins and needles.”
>She shakes her leg out.
“Why don’t you try something else? Make the little ball again, but try to use the wrench to launch electricity at a cactus or something.”
>”Right.”
>She picks up the wrench and again creates the orb.
>Then she rears it back and flings it forward at a cactus.
>It flies free of the tip and flies through the air, oscillating.
>The ball makes contact with the cactus and the electricity spreads on impact, dancing away from the point of impact and running up and down the plant.
>”Hey, I think that worked!” She says, patting the wrench.
“It’s a start, but don’t rely on the wrench. Push yourself to do that sort of thing on your own.”
>”Right, I’ll keep trying.”
“Good.”
>She looks around the desert.
>”So is there anything else you wanted to teach me? Or are we ready to…” She gulps “finish our run?”
>>
>>26605838
:^)
>>
>>26605838
:^)
>>
>>26605838
We should give her some copper hoof guards or something I bet that would make everything easier for her.

Now that she's been training so much it I think we should try to come up with some new tricks. We should try and cloak yourself in fire and see if we can fly like the human torch or make some more complicated constructs.

Oh, what if we could make the ground turn to lava and control it like regular fire.

I would like to try all of these.
>>
>>26605965
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>26605838
We need to try the smokescreen thing.
Also dousing our fire hair while we're using our powers.
>>
>>26606027
I think we found out in the sewers that having our fire put out like that just hurts.
>>
>You give her a cheeky smile, electing not to say anything.
>Voltage sighs, defeated.
>Cackling internally, you turn back to the trail and begin running back along the path you came
>Only having to stop once more, you again reach your bike, Voltage trailing a good ten feet behind you.
>She collapses onto the ground again, gasping for air like a fish.
>You toss her a water bottle, which she thankfully accepts.
>You take some water for yourself and get to work with playing around with your own powers.
>First, you try to fly.
>Making sure you’re far enough away that you won’t hurt Voltage, you bring up your flames so that they wrap around your entire body.
>All you can see is bright green flame, and you have to close your eyes and meditate to perceive anything else.
>It takes a lot of energy to maintain this amount of flame, so you turn it down just a little bit.
>You rear up, thrusting one hoof into the air in the classic flight position and try to provide thrust out of your back legs.
>You flop immediately onto your face, back legs splayed awkwardly.
>Spitting out the mouthful of sand and rocks, you look over to Voltage to find her sniggering.
>She stops as you narrow your eyes at her.
>Sticking true to your heritage as an earth pony, you cannot fly.
>Next, you try to make a smokescreen.
>Even without anything that burns nice and black, you decide to burn some of your magic.
>It creates a heavy cloud of grey smoke that hangs on the ground, which spews from your mane and tail.
(cont.)
>>
>The cloud starts off small, then grows, becoming larger and larger before you can’t see anything without resorting to meditation.
>It takes a good while to set, maybe a few seconds, and probably wouldn’t be too great for a quick getaway.
>Finally, you aim your firepowers at the ground, again turning the sand into a pile of molten glass.
>You find yourself breathing quite hard at this point.
>As if it were something you set on fire, you try to move it around.
>It’s a slow process, but you find that it does slither across the desert sand, if rather slowly.
>Also, you have an idea of dousing your hair while you’re using your powers
>How do you plan on doing that, if at all?
>>
>>26606245
Not literally dousing with water anon.
>>
>>26606262
Okay maybe we shouldn't strain ourselves.
>>
>>26606262
The moving molten stuff sound neat but next time we should try using rock or something and not do it in sand. I think the glass might be making it harder.

Perhaps we should take a break first and not over do it like the buffalo said before.
>>
>>26606262
The hair thing is magic happening separately from the power being used.
When we throw a fireball, it's not connected to the hair.
We need to find where that magic is flowing from and squeeze it off or redirect it.
>>
Wait why would we want to kill our hair? If we're still using our powers someone is gonna know anyway.
>>
>>26606374
Ambush.
>>
>>26606292
>>26606311
>>26606313
>>26606374
>>26606384
>You take a break, lying down next to Voltage and sipping water.
>Her breathing seems to have calmed down at this point, and she had contented herself with just watching you.
>”Those seem like neat tricks. Especially the one where you fall on your face. Have you done any of those before?”
“What do you think?” You ask between breaths.
>”Right, point taken.”
“But if you don’t mind, I’m gonna need to focus a bit.”
>”Sure, go ahead.”
>You close your eyes, switching your flames on and off and watching your magic as it happens.
>In fact, it’s become so second nature that you hardly even realize that you do it anymore.
>But you try to watch what happens as you do.
>If you were to describe it to someone who can’t use magic, you would say that it’s like a water hose.
>But instead of water, it’s magic.
>When your flames are up, magic spews out of the hose in the form of your hair and hooves, turning them to flame.
>And turning them off is like capping the hose with your hoof, a little bit of pressure pressing back.
>Even though most ponies would describe you without your flames as ‘normal,’ the opposite has become true for you since you ate the orb.
>Having your flames up is ‘normal’ for you, it takes a bit of effort to return back to what everyone else would consider your normal form.
>You turn off your flames and pull out a fireball.
>And sure enough, you have to uncap that hose in order to get into your magic, your flames spilling out onto your head.
(cont.)
>>
>>26606701
>You know that there’s no reason why they have to be together, but they just are.
>If you do manage to figure it out, you figure it’ll be the magical equivalent of patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time.
>Trying a few more times, you’re met with no different result, and no physical progress.
>Maybe you could figure it out with time, but you wish it would be easier.
>Sighing, you open your eyes to see Voltage standing up.
>”So, I know we’re all done with our workout routine and we’re both tired, but do you want to do a little bit of sparring?”
>She scratches her head.
>”No powers or anything, don’t wanna get hurt. Just hoof to hoof combat, punches and stuff. We’re both exhausted already, so it probably won’t last long, but it might be fun, right?”
>>
>>26606712
I'd uhhh... rather not go home with a bunch of bruises.
>>
>>26606712
Well, if you really want to, sure.
No hitting the face though.
>>
>>26606712
I'm alright with a bear hoof brawl. Let's do it!
>>
>>26606745
>>26606765
>>26606781
“I’d rather not go home with a bunch of bruises.”
>She looks down to her hoof.
>”Oh, I understand.”
“But if you really want to, I guess it’s alright.”
>”Alright!”
>She says, rearing up onto her hind legs and punching at the air.
“But not hits to the face or anything like that. None of that nasty stuff.”
>”Of course, just a good, clean bare hoof brawl.”
>You rear up onto your hind legs as well, bringing your front legs into a combat stance.
>You and Voltage size each other up, each waiting for the other to make the first move.
>Both of you have sweat-slicked fur already, sticking to your coat.
>She reaches up and wipes her forehead with her forehoof.
>Even though you can’t use your powers, at least you’re fighting on your turf this time.
>Now, how to begin?
>>
>>26606896
Let's get her into a grapple and try to pin her.
>>
>>26606896
Go for a low charge
>>
>>26606896
Feint to get her off guard, then follow up with strike to the shoulder and a shoulder barge to hopefully twist her and knock her down.
>>
>>26606913
>>26606947
>>26606948
>You elect to go for a grapple first, closing the distance between the two of you as you shuffle towards her.
>She shuffles backwards, watching you carefully.
>You feint, making like you’re going to throw a punch, and she moves up her hoof to try and block.
>Following up on your feint, you throw a hoof at her shoulder, but she pulls away, and you nearly whiff, landing just a glancing blow.
>She continues moving forward, using the momentum from her turn, and throws a low hoof to your gut.
>You take the hit, a bit of pain shooting into your side, and stumble a little.
>She throws a right hook at your chest and you fall down onto all fours, ducking under the blow.
>Wanting to end this quickly, you go for a low charge, barreling into her and knocking her backwards.
>The two of you fall together, you on top of her.
>She reacts quickly, her hind legs wrapping around your midsection as you fall together.
>As your front half falls towards her, her front legs reach out towards you, aiming to reverse it on you.
>>
>>26607097
Drop our weight on her solar plexus with a stomp and push forwards with our back legs to bring us further up in her hold.
>>
>>26607097
Fuckin I don't know
>>
>>26607172
uhhh... sure let's do this.
>>
>>26607172
>>26607263
>>26607287
>You fall down into her solar plexus, stomping down with your front legs.
>The strike catches her off guard and the grip on your midsection loosens.
>Her eyes widen and she exhales sharply, blowing air in your face.
>Her front legs straighten up uselessly, failing to grab your neck.
>Taking your advantage, you push with your hind legs, not only moving in her grip, but breaking it entirely.
>As you push your body forward, she looks up, panic in your eyes.
>You can’t keep a smug grin off your face as you move into a more favorable position.
>Now, how to finish this?
>>
>>26607312
*boop*
>>
>>26607312
Ask her if she gives up and if no keep her locked until she surrenders.
>>
>>26607312
No need to go crazy. Grab an arm and lock it. Hold her still with our back legs. Bend it until she taps out.
>>
>>26607357
>>26607365
>>26607392
>You keep her held down with your hind legs, planting them firmly on the ground.
>Going for your left front leg, you wrap your hooves around it, beginning to apply pressure.
>She yelps in pain as you do so, gritting her teeth.
>You keep your weight on her, using her as leverage to push on her arm.
>It’s not hard to imagine how hard this hurts for her as you keep pushing her leg farther than it’s meant to go.
>She tries vainly to struggle with you, trying to scrabble with her hind legs, push back against you to break the pin, and trying to push you off with her other leg.
“Give up yet?” You ask, adding another bit of force into her leg.
>You feel a frantic tapping on your right side and you release the hold and roll off, her body leaning into the left to correct her alignment.
>As you get up, you boop her on the snout.
>She scrunches, looking at you indignantly.
“Woo, good fight,” you say, stretching.
>”Hardly, you beat me in like thirty seconds.”
“We were tired already, no reason to make it last longer than it needed to.”
>”But seriously though, where’d you learn to fight like that?”
>>
>>26607535
I'm a biker. You do the math.
>>
>>26607535
A straight proper tomcolt biker? You tell me.
>>
>>26607535
In the streets mostly.
Got into a lot of brawls and then practiced a bit of wrestling.
>>
>>26607585
>>26607603
>>26607616
“I’m a straight proper tomcolt biker, you do the math.”
>She scratches her neck and gives an uneasy grin.
>“Yeah, right. Guess I shouldn’t have expected to win in a hoof fight. But what about the wrestling? I wouldn’t expect a biker to know how to do that.”
“Learned it in the streets mostly. Got into a lot of brawls, then I practiced a bit of wrestling too.”
>”Guess that makes sense.”
“Yeah, nothing wrong with knowing how to fight with your hooves, especially in this town. Was never quite good enough take on most supers in a fair fight, though. Most of those chumps will eat a hit or break a hold without even breaking a sweat.”
>”So you’ve trained your whole life on how to fight?”
“Pretty much.”
>”Well that makes me feel a little better about getting my ass beat.”
>She shuffles a little bit, leaning back and forth.
>”Hey Rage, thanks a whole bunch for taking me out here, letting me work out with you, helping me with my powers and that stuff.”
>>
>>26607803
No problem. I got help, you should too.
>>
>>26607803
No problem, we can do this regularly if you want. Exercising is more fun when you have someone with you.

But maybe we can go some place where we can both really test the limits of our powers. I don't think you work well in this heat.
>>
>>26607803
Sure thing Volt. Really I can't wait to see you improve.
>>
>>26607834
>>26607856
>>26607869
“It’s no problem, I got help, and you should too.”
>”Well I really do appreciate it.”
“I really can’t wait to see you improve. You know, we could do this more often if you’d like.”
>”Really?”
“Oh yes. Exercising’s way more fun when you have someone with you.”
>”Could have fooled me,” Voltage says under her breath.
“But I think it’ll do you good to do this somewhere else. This heat isn’t doing you many favors from what I’ve seen.”
>”Where’s that?”
“I don’t know, but we can talk about it later, if you’d like. For now, let’s get on home. We’ve done enough today.”
>Draining the last of her water bottle, she nods.
>”Yeah, sounds good to me.”
>She stows the plastic in her own saddlebag, and the two of you hop onto your bike.
>You begin strapping yourself in.
>”Hey Road Rage, I never told you.”
“Told me what?”
>”My real name. I haven’t told any of you yet. It’s Shock. Static Shock.”
>You smile, looking back to her.
“Well Static Shock, let’s ride on home. A good workout deserves a good lunch.”
>You rev your engine and you pull off, heading back towards the city, the midday sun beating overhead.
>>
And that’s where I’m going to call it for the week. As always, thank you all so much for playing. I really do appreciate it.

If you have any questions for me or the characters, go ahead and ask them.
>>
>>26608038
Sleep tight sleepyvillain
>>
>>26608031
>real name is just a different super name
heh
>>
>>26608078
;^)
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.