[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Pony - Power Ponies CYOA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 3
File: Super crew.png (455 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Super crew.png
455 KB, 800x800
The smooze edition
>Oh look, another text-based CYOA, what's with this one?
Glad you asked.

Welcome to Super Pony, a CYOA taking place in Maretropolis, a city where the forces of good and evil are at a constant struggle.
You play as Easy Ride, also known as Road Rage, and this is your quest to get back at Boomerang for sending you to prison and subsequently ruining your life.

Catch up on this and other CYOAs here:
http://anonpone.com/capeshit

Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/DF5XiQqi

Last time:
>Talked Storm out of being stupid
>Fiddled with your helmet
>Went to the power plant in response to a disturbance on the police scanner
>Found out it was a villain named High Voltage
>Fought her and won
>Instead of turning her in, brought her back home and invited her to be a part of your group.
>The decision wasn’t popular with Tinker, but you manipulated him into getting over it.
>Made a bottle to hold Sludge.
>Now you’re making plans to take down Sludge, a villain who’s been hiding in the sewers for a long time
Let’s get to it.

Thanks to Alch and invert for the awesome art this week!
>>
>You snap back to reality, stuffing your completed bottle into your saddlebag.
”So, I take it this’ll do this job?”
>“It should. Bottles will never let you down.”
“Right.”
>Your containment device procured, you wait for Voltage to return.
>You don’t wait long, and soon hear a knock at the door.
>Opening it, you find High Voltage smiling.
>You motion towards the table and she falls into step, walking behind you.
>The two of you sit down next to Storm,
“So, good news I hope?”
>”Good news and bad news.”
“Bad news first.”
>”Okay…”
>High Voltage spreads a map out on the table.
>It looks like a huge mess of lines, creating masses of squares that stretch across the entire city.
>”The bad news is that this map is gigantic, without any more evidence, we’d never be able to find him.”
>”I agree. An area this large? We’d never find him.”
“So what’s the good news?”
>She taps her hoof on a circle near the east side of the map.
>You lean over to get a look, and find her hoof on a large circle of water with several sewer lines leading into and out of it.
>”This is the water treatment plant. All the gunk in the sewers flows in there, they treat it, and send the clean water back to the city.”
“But where does the shit go?”
>”Gets dumped into the ocean, I think.”
>>
>>26449974
>Ice speaks up.
>”So, what’s the point?”
>”I bet a really gross trash guy will be hanging out with all the other trash, so maybe we’d just have to find where all the solid trash goes.”
“Crawling through pipes? Disgusting.”
>”Maybe, but I think these sewers that flow east out of the treatment plant go to the ocean.”
“Well, that’s just fantastic. Head to the grossest part of the sewer and hope the gross dude is there.”
>”Hold on, there’s more evidence than that. From what I heard, that area of the sewers is closed off, and there’s rumors of alligators or other monsters down there among teens. How ponies adventure down there, sometimes don’t come back up.”
“Yikes.”
>”They’re rumors, didn’t look into them enough to see if they’re true.”
>”But how to we get down there?”
>”Any manhole we can find east of the plant, I think? Unless you want to sneak into the plant or crawl up the drainage pipe from the ocean.”
“No, I think I’m good.”
>Ice taps her hoof to her chin.
>”So, few more questions. Are we ready to go? How are we going to get to the east side of town? Can your motorcycle carry three? Is it even a good idea for us to take your motorcycle? Is there another bit of planning we’ve forgotten?”
“Jeez, I didn’t know we were playing twenty questions.”
>”They’re important, though.”
>>
>>26449988
I'd still like to find info on where those abductions were before we try anything.
>>
>>26449988

>>26450022
Yeah, maybe we can ask the police over the radio thing.
Pose as a super who is after Sludge.
>>
>>26450082
How about no. There are library archives, we should use that.
>>
>>26449988
Transportation is a point. A van would be ideal, but we're tight on cash here.
I guess we could also approach someone who does work relating to the treatment center. If there's been any problems then they'd know.
>>
>>26450113
And you want to go there with the trench coat?
Totally unsuspicious during the day.
>>
>>26450157
Nobody's confronted the strange pony with the trench coat yet, and we're not the only one who can go other places anyway.
>>
>>26450022
>>26450082
>>26450113
>>26450155
>>26450157
>>26450185
“I’d still like to find out a little bit of information on those abductions before we try anything.”
>Voltage raises a hoof in response.
>”Maybe they had something to do with those kids exploring in the closed sewers?”
“Maybe, but it’s not really evidence.”
>”But if you want more info, what are you going to do?”
“I’m waffling between asking the cops and going to the library and looking up news archives.”
>Ice opens her mouth.
>”I’m a bit wary of that librarian. Seems to have this unnatural power to see through alter egos. It’s frightening.”
“Never figured out why people are so clueless when it comes to identities. No one even confronts the strange pony in a trenchcoat. It’s kind of common sense.”
>Voltage’s eyes widen, staring at you dumbfounded.
>”You have that power too? Holy cow.”
“Would have found Boomerang too, if it weren’t for Recluse.”
>”Jeez, that’s scary.”
>You roll your eyes.
“Anyway, I’ll think about it a bit. Maybe we could ask a plant worker about it, they’d probably know. However, transportation is important. I wish we had the money for a van or something.”
>”We could always walk. The two of us could stuff our outfits in our saddlebags and change when we’re down in the sewers.”
“But what if we get stopped by a super?”
>”Bluff, fight back, run, you name it.”
“I dunno, doesn’t sound entirely safe.”
>”Call a cab? Ride a bus? It’s not glamorous, certainly, but when you’re strapped for cash, you settle.”
>You remind yourself that you have other ponies here that you could probably send on errands, if you wished.
>>
>>26450157
>>26450185
I wouldn't push it with the disguise, but in a city of supers, I can't imagine it's ever been a smart idea to pester someone in a trenchcoat.
>>
>>26449967
>using the version with the wrong name
You are a disgrace, Linkeh

>>26450259
How cheap would the bus be. I can't imagine too bad so I vote for that personally
>>
>>26450259
>Easy, in her trenchcoat, sat at the back with shifty eyes
>Ice, wearing a really big hat, sat strategically far away from Easy with shifty eyes
>Volt, sat at the front in her super suit, showing off her powers to some kids
Bus it is!
>>
>>26450321
Fuck off, Wolvan.
>>
>>26450259
I don't think ponies will really want someone to go jumping down a manhole. We should probably get there when there are few ponies about.
Public transport seems alright since it can get all three of us there and not take all day.
And we can probably bug Volt again or get Tink to check on the reports of missing ponies.
>>
>>26450321
>>26450324
>>26450346
“How cheap is the bus? How late do they run? Never had to ride one myself.”
>Volt speaks up.
>”I know that one. Bus costs one bit per pony, and they run until 10 at night.”
>You glance over to the clock, revealing that it’s 3 in the afternoon.
“Bus sounds good to me, but I don’t think ponies will like other ponies jumping down manholes. Seems a little suspicious. Think we should wait until later?”
>”Perhaps,” Ice says, “Less ponies will be around when it’s dark out, but it’s up to you, since you’re taking the biggest risk by going out.”
"Right, also, I'd still like that info. Think you could go to the library and look it up, Volt?"
>"Probably, might take me a while to get there and back, though."
>>
>>26450321
I bet you'd be less salty after a
n a p
a
p
>>
>>26450500
Fair enough
>>
>>26450500
Meh, worth the wait.
>>
>>26450526
>>26450557
“Fair enough. Seems like it’ll be worth it to me.”
>She sighs and throws her hooves up in mock frustration.
>”Guess I’m getting a workout today.”
>She hops out of her chair and onto the floor, and soon leaves once again, shutting the door behind her.
>An hour passes, and the two of you take the opportunity to make dinner.
>By the time it’s done, you have a couple steaming hot plates of greasy, unhealthy burgers, which you wolf down, saving a couple for Voltage.
>You also finish off the last of the cake.
>Poking at your stomach, you determine the status of your squishiness.
>Your stomach gives a little bit when you poke at it, you would describe it as average.
>You do the same to your flanks, and find that your ‘stuff your face full of as much food as possible’ diet seems to be working.
>Your backside squishes quite a bit, much more than it did a few days ago.
>Excellent progress all around.

>After another half hour, Voltage returns and grabs a burger off the plate.
>With a mouthful of food, she mumbles out.
>”So, according to the news, it was four kids missing, all of them teenagers.”
>She puts her hoof back on the map, drawing a circle around the east side.
>”The kids apparently all lived around here, like I expected, and they vanished a couple weeks ago.”
“So that’s a definite yes?”
>”Looks like a bunch of teens ran into a supervillain in the sewers.”
“And you’re sure they all lived in the east?”
>”Yep. All teens, all in the same school district, all the same age.”
>”Seems to corroborate our plans. Course, we’re just going off what the cops already suspect.”
>Voltage gulps down the last bite of her burger and wipes her mouth with a foreleg
>”Right, so we ready to do this? Anything else you need me to run and get?”
>>
>>26450794
Only what you need to bring for yourself.
>>
>>26450794
With primary squish factor achieved I think we can cut back a bit on eating so we don't get sick.
>>
“Only what you need to bring for yourself.”
>”Never had any of those superhero gadgets or utility belts. Seems like they’d be nice, but I could never afford them.”
“They can be neat sometimes. Haven’t used my gadgets much since I learned how to use my powers.”
>”Yeah, guess they would. Don’t even know if I’d end up using them if I had them.”
“Never know. Might be nice if you could get some constant range on your electricity.”
>”Yeah, using it on ponies is kinda fun though. Like a high-powered joy buzzer or something.”
“Hurts a little more than a joy buzzer, I’ll tell you that.”
>”Heh, I’d bet. Anyway, we good to go?”
“Yeah, just give me a second.”
>The three of you hop down from the table and push your chairs in, folding up the papers and maps laid out across it.
>You stretch the kinks out of your joints, not having moved much all day.
>That plus your unhealthy diet has left you restless and full of energy.
>You slip into your trench coat and super suit, making sure that your cutie mark is covered, and stuff the rest of your stuff into your saddlebags.
>It’s a tight fit every time, but everything minus the chain fits in there, barely.
>You don’t think you could carry anything else unless it was really small.
>Your stuff collected, the three of you wish Two-bit and Tinker farewell and head out to the nearest bus stop.
>The sun has begun to dip down below the buildings, and cars move at a snail’s pace.
>Horns blare, and angry drivers shout out their windows at cars in front of them.
>It’s a little late to still be rush hour.
>You figure some villain must be causing trouble somewhere in the city.
>You hope that you don’t get involved.
>Ice leans over to you and whispers in your ear.
>”Don’t sit together, it’ll draw too much attention to us.”
>You nod in understanding.
(cont.)
>>
>>26451145
>Eventually, the bus crawls up to the stop and the three of you hop onboard along with a couple other passengers, paying the toll.
>The bus is mildly crowded, filled about halfway with ponies looking to get home.
>You look through the crowd, looking for ponies who might be superheroes.
>You don’t see any suspicious ponies, and settle yourself in the rear next to a teal earth pony stallion with a yellow mane.
>Keeping your head down, you try to be unassuming.
>Ice sits near the middle, casting a glance back to you, and Voltage takes a seat near the front.
>Voltage immediately reaches to the pony next to her and offers a hoofshake.
>The pony doesn’t take it, and she looks quite disappointed.
>The earth pony next to you looks incredibly uncomfortable.
>He tries to keep his eyes forward, but takes nervous glances towards you and shifts his weight in his seat.
>>
>>26451150
Just don't say anything and look somewhere else.
>>
>>26451150
>inconspicuous horse whistling
>>
>>26451211
>>26451318
>Electing to ignore your seat partner, you cast your eyes to the other ponies on the bus, all the while whistling inconspicuously.
>Ice keeps her legs firmly planted to her seat while she looks at the floor.
>The unicorn next to her just finished asking something, but Ice does nothing to even acknowledge her.
>The mare gives her an awkward smile and turns her gaze out of the window.
>Voltage tries her little hoofshake trick again on the pony across the aisle, and she doesn’t fall for it either.
>Frustrated, she lifts her seat partner’s hoof with one leg and shakes it with the other, causing him to yank his foreleg away and yelp in shock.
>The resulting snap echoes through the bus.
>She covers his mouth in laughter and he nurses his hoof.
>The ride is slow-going with all the traffic, and you find yourself having to readily occupy your mind by looking out the window.
>Beyond the cars crawling by and pedestrians overtaking you, there’s not much going on.
>Your seatmate gets off at the next stop, the stallion walking away from you as quickly as possible.
>After a while, the sun has nearly sunk down below the horizon.
>The traffic begins to peter out and you arrive at your stop.
>The three of you disembark, looking out into the streets.
>A glance to the west reveals the water treatment facility a few streets down.
>A manhole cover sits in the middle of the street.
>The traffic’s lessened on this side of the city, leaving plenty of space between the cars.
>However, ponies still mingle on the sidewalk, you doubt you could get down there unseen.
>>
>>26451574
There has to be something around we can kill time with.
>>
>>26451574
Lets take a closer look at the facility.
>>
>>26451622
>>26451631
>Getting a little frustrated, you look around.
>Surely there’s something to do to kill time.
>Or maybe there are other options besides just sitting and doing nothing.
>You and your party head towards the water treatment plant.
>Coming upon the plant, a chain link fence separates you from a few small towers reaching from the ground.
>Catwalks extend between the towers, wrapping around the mouths of each.
>The sound of rushing water fills the air.
>Around the south is the actual entrance to the facility.
>Ice speaks up.
>”They’d have to have some way to reach their own pipes. A hatch or something.”
>>
>>26451873
Well let's have a walk around and see what there is.
>>
>>26451873
There any part of the fence that's out of sight?
We could go through it easy enough if we had to.
>>
>>26451898
>>26451928
“Well, let’s look around, see what we can find.”
>The three of you walk around the place, looking for anywhere that’s out of sight.
>While you don’t spot them, Voltage points towards a manhole cover in the cement between the first and second water tanks.
>”Think that’s what we’re looking for?”
>Ice follows her hoof, looking at the metal covering.
>”I think so, I can’t think of anything else it could be.”
>On the northern side of the plant, the fence meets with a building at a hard right angle.
>It’s a shaded area with very poor field of vision around you, and the street’s a good ways away.
>You glance up to the wall on the building and see no cameras.
>You feel pretty confident you could melt through the fence and get through the manhole without being spotted.
>>
>>26452038
Well if it can get us in quicker...
>>
>>26452038
Seems like a decent way in. They probably wouldn't discover the damage for a while either.
>>
>>26452066
>>26452076
>Seems like a decent enough way in to you.
>They probably won’t even discover the damage for a while, since it’s so out of the way.
“Stand back a second, I got this.”
>The two of them oblige, Voltage looking on in fascination.
>You rear up and place your front hooves on the fence, leaning against it.
>The metal glows read and melts away under your fiery touch, dripping little bits of molten metal on the concrete.
>You move your hooves downward, melting a semicircle just large enough to fit through
>The unmelted fencing clatters to the ground, and you slide your way through, pulling yourself forward with your front legs, little rounded bits of metal poking you in the back.
>Voltage and Ice slide through more easily.
>With all of you through, you make a beeline for the hatch.
>You pop it open and look down into the dark hole, the other two joining you at your side.
>It’s far too dark for you to see, so you drop a fireball down the hole.
>The fireball bathes the passage in a green light, revealing rushing water heading downwards.
>It really doesn’t smell as bad as you had feared.
>You remove your trenchcoat and dive in.
>Taking a deep breath, you dive in.
>You splash into the water, and it covers your coat, soaking you.
>Even though it’s not a downward slope, the water shoves you forwards, making you unable to stop or slow yourself.
>The water beats against your back, stinging your skin and matting your coat.
>You have to struggle to keep your head above the water.
>You try to set your flames so you can at least see where you’re going, but the water threatens to extinguish them, washing over your head.
>When it does so, it verges on the point of pain.
>You make a note to yourself to turn your flames off if you think they’re about to be put out.
>You thought it would be exhilarating, like a water slide, but it’s really just annoying and painful.
(Cont.)
>>
>>26452443
>Soon, your ride comes to an end and you fall from the pipe into a much larger, open area.
>You splash into the water flank first, and struggle to get to the surface before the next pony comes through.
>The rushing current churns the water and you have to swim away from it in order to surface.
>You manage pull yourself onto the walkway just before you hear a splash behind you.
>Voltage breaks the surface and swims over to you, and you help her onto the walkway.
>Ice comes last, the two of you pulling the blue pony onto the dry cement.
>The first thing you notice is the smell.
>You cover your nose, shielding yourself from the smell of fecal matter.
>You can’t hear anything over the rush of water behind you.
>For the benefit of the others, you turn up your flames to provide light.
>The sickly green light casts odd shadows over the sewer, and with your light, the water looks a sick, almost vomit color.
>Goes perfectly with the smell, you might add.
>Squinting your eyes down the hallway, you see a cross intersection far down, two pathways on the left, and one on the right.
>Voltage shouts over the roaring water.
>”The one on the right leads to two dead ends, the two on the left go straight through.”
>She points her hoof forward.
>”That way to the ocean, there are more passages down there too.”
>>
>>26452453
More towards the ocean I guess since that's where the gross stuff goes.
>>
and with that, I'm going to pause for today. Thank you all so much for playing, and I'll catch you next time.

Little meta frustration here:
Apologies for the crappy prompts. I didn't really want you to send Voltage to get more information, so I just had her look into 'rumors,' but then you sent her anyway to get the same information, which wasted some time.
Then, you neatly avoided everything else I had planned by taking the bus instead of the bike or walking.

Apologies for being a shit, I'll see you tomorrow.
>>
>>26452512
I blame Wolvan.
>>
beb
>>
>>26452512
ah, okay
>>
>>26450345
CHOOSIE NO

>>26450515
Sea, please

>>26452786
Guys please, I was asleep the entire time
>>
>>26454911
Fuck off Wolven
>>
File: Firefly the one and only.png (905 KB, 1024x843) Image search: [Google]
Firefly the one and only.png
905 KB, 1024x843
>>26449967

Who is that pegasus on the right and why is it Firefly?
>>
>>26455723
It's not firefly. It's Storm.
>>
>>26452512
Honestly, the whole bus bit is poor planning. If you give the audience an option, don't be surprised if they take it. You should've made something happen when we were on the bus, or perhaps some sort of discouragement for taking it as opposed to walking or biking.
>>
>>26456988
I planned for the bus as an option, my mistake was allowing the bus to be a way out without anything happening.

In fact, that seems to be a recurring problem. I put in one way to get past things without confrontation and you happen to find it every time.
>>
>>26457057
Well, either way, it's a great CYOA so far.

Also, page 8 bump
>>
>>26457057
I don't think there's anything wrong with a path of avoidance. It's not like there aren't obstacles we can't avoid i.e. Sludge and his magical sewer realm.
>>
File: consider the following.png (202 KB, 579x579) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
202 KB, 579x579
>>26457514
You forget what it's like from the GM's perspective.

Imagine you're a game designer. You lay out a carefully-crafted level. Then, day 1, everyone finds this glitch that completely skips half the level, and what's more, thinks that's the only way to play the game from then on (possibly because the game is only played once... like a CYOA)

Welp, now half the level is basically down the drain, unexperienced. You wasted your time making it.

That's the problem with a path of avoidance in a CYOA.
>>
>>26457571
That's nice and all, but hitting an arbitrary problem because 'Oh I have a cool idea for a problem' is wonky logic.
If there's content you want to use, you need to work it into the plot later or just learn to let go.
A CYOA is as much a story as a game, and while skipping levels might be bad, filler for the sake of filler is just as bad.
>>
eb
>>
>>26458482
>>
>>26458482
>>
B
>>
U
>>
>>26455723
Hit the nail right on the head there, friendo. Pretty much stole Firefly's design outright for Stormy.

>>26452500
>You shout back over the rushing water.
“Let’s head down farther. That’s where all the junk goes, right?”
>”Right, let’s move on!”
>You walk across the path, casting your eyes around the sewer.
>The roof of the sewer consists of old grey bricks, and stretches above you in a semicircle.
>Every thirty feet or so, a storm drain sits on the ceiling, reminding you that you’re underneath the streets.
>Red pipes run along the brick walls.
>Only the last flickers of daylight still trickle in.
>But as the party’s lantern, you have still see pretty far.
>A concrete walkway sits on either side of the water, each wide enough for about four ponies to walk side by side comfortably.
>The water stretches about 15 feet across.
>It’s be pretty tough for you to jump that far with the space you have to work with.
>It might barely be doable, though.
>As you tread onwards, the noise behind you dies down, and becomes more distant.
>You cross over two metal bridges leading to two pathways, and continue onward until you reach a four way intersection.
>Each of the bridges has a gate on the bottom.
>On the near wall, a ladder stretches upwards to a manhole cover.
>”So, what way now?” Voltage asks.
>You perk your ears, trying to catch any sounds.
>But other than the distant rush of the pipe and the murmur of the water beneath you, you don’t hear anything.
>Further down the main pipe, you catch one path on the left wall and one on the right, each meeting the main pipeline at T intersections.
>You look to the north and see a bridge and connecting path on the right wall.
>But Ice squints forwards.
“Did you see something?”
>”Thought I saw something moving. Might have been nothing, but it looked like it ducked into the left passage up ahead.”
>>
Fffffuck. I missed this thread for a day because I didn't recognize the OP.
>>
>>26462654
Meditate. See if there's any magic signatures ahead.
>>
>>26462654
Well then we go left.

>>26462690
>not having it on your filters
Git fucking gud
>>
>>26462711
try this
>>
>>26462711
This
>>
>>26462716
>>26462774
>>26462777
“Seems like we go left, then.”
>You close your eyes, trying to meditate.
>But you can’t see anything around the corner from here.
>What you do catch, though, is a few lumps of purple glowing in the darkness.
>They’re easy to spot, almost like a candle, and you lean down to investigate it.
>Holding a hoof close to one, it’s a mostly transparent lump of purple slime.
>Before you do anything else, you lean over to the corner and close your eyes, reaching into the darkness.
>More little globs litter the walkway on both sides, but you see no signs of any ponies.
>You poke it, and it jiggles slightly before sticking to your hoof.
>Shaking your hoof, it flies off, sticking to the wall.
“Disgusting, what is this crap?”
>”Sludge, if I had to guess.”
”You mean, like, part of him? Eugh.”
>”I’m with the walking torch here. Who leaves part of themselves just lying around?”
>”Somepony made of slime, I’d imagine.”
>>
>>26462997
I'm weary of this slime trail. Not only could it lead to a trap, but he could be observing us through them.
Try burning one.
>>
>>26462997
well whatever. This nasty little globs are the only way we can track him.
>>
>>26462997
Looks like we've found a trail to follow...I just wish the guy wasn't so disgusting.

Let's follow the purple slime trail if we can't catch up with him we might be able to find his nest.
>>
>>26463033
That might not be a good idea. If we can feel it when our flame gets put out he might be able to feel it if we boil his slime.

I'd rather not alert him.
>>
>>26463109
We just touched it, and we need to know if we can burn him.
>>
>>26463109
>I'd rather not alert him.
To what? He already knows we're here.
>>
>>26463033
>>26463048
>>26463059
>>26463109
>>26463128
>>26463144
>A bit wary of the slime trail, you realize that he could be keeping track of you through it.
>You walk towards the slime on the wall and bring your hoof up to it.
>It attempts to wriggle away, but you catch it on your hoof.
>It’s actually a little difficult to burn for its size.
>Annoyingly difficult, even.
>But soon, it boils under your touch, evaporating into a vapor which floats upwards.
>Ice tries the same, touching her hooves to another blob.
>It freezes over shortly after she makes contact.
>Then, she stamps a hoof over it, shattering it into many pieces, which quickly melt into much smaller glops of slime.
>Voltage, not one to be left out, touches one, and it convulses from the touch, rushing away from her hoof at a blinding speed.
>She engages the glob in a game, tapping the slime and watching it jolt away.
“Focus, Voltage.”
>She stands up, holding her hooves behind her back and giving an innocent smile.
>”Right, sorry.”
“Whatever, no matter how disgusting he is, these nasty little globs are all we have to track him. Let’s get moving.”
>The three of you round the corner, you with your eyes closed, following the trail.
>However, you see something bigger ahead in the shape of a pony.
>Scanning him with your magic, at first glance, it looks like a purple, shimmering pony, the same color as the goop from earlier.
>However, the goo doesn’t cover the face as well, which reveals a teenage unicorn stallion with a yellow aura, standing at the end of the hallway.
>The hall turns sharply left behind him, you can’t see around the corner.
>You open your eyes to see him standing right in front of you.
>The transparent liquid coats his body save his face.
>His hooves are planted firmly on the ground in a confident pose, but his voice shakes when he speaks.
>”Wh-what are you doing here? Leave, go!”
>There’s no malice in his voice at all.
>It almost sounds like he’s trying to warn you.
>>
>>26463482
You one of those kids that went missing? Where are the others?
>>
>>26463482
He's taking hostage, that asshole...
Just ask the kid where the guy is, we're the cavalry
>>
>>26463482
Tell him we can take him back to safety.
>>
>>26463482
Don't worry loves, the cavalry's here!
>>
>>26463541
>>26463587
>>26463609
>>26463613
"Bastard,"
>You mutter under your breath, appalled at his use of hostages.
“Are you one of those kids that went missing? Where are the others?”
>”I-I dunno. He already a-ate Dusk, and now he’s had us walking in circles nonstop for days. He knows you’re here, the others can’t be far away.”
“Well don’t worry kid, the cavalry’s here! We’ll make sure you’re safe.”
>”Oh thank Celestia, you’re supers?”
>You raise an eyebrow and wave a hoof around your obviously flaming head.
>”R-right, stupid question. But please, get me out of here!”
>He begins walking forward towards the three of you, body leaned down in menace.
>”I’m not doing this, I promise! H-help me!”
>>
>>26463681
Ice is probably the best suited to deal with this without harming him, better a cold and a forced epilation than a burn or a shock
Us and Voltage should try to get his atention so Ice can get a clear shot
>>
>>26463681
Get Ice to slow it down
>>
>>26463681
We can distract him and move to the side, then Ice hits him with a blast to freeze as much surface as possible. Then we shatter it off and repeat if necessary. Get the wrench out. We don't want the slime on us, and it seems to hate electricity.
>>
>>26463681
>>26463794
Hate to put your plans on ice, but we're freeing this kid.
>>
>>26464042
>wasting puns on something that probably can't talk back
>>
>>26464095
I'd agree but I don't want Easy to miss an opportunity to do and ice pun.
>>
>>26464095
>puns are a finite resource
>>
>>26463794
>>26463856
>>26463911
>>26464042
>The two of you rush in as if you were going to attack.
>In response, the stallions rears up, shooting a spray of goop in your direction.
>You dive to the side, and Voltage jumps the other way.
>You slide into the wall, and Voltage just barely avoids the spray while staying on the platform.
>She teeters on the edge of the platform, but maintains her balance.
>Ice takes the opportunity you’ve given her, and shoots a freezing at him.
>Thankfully, she doesn’t hit either of you, the cold air just barely nipping at your coat.
>The stallion’s liquid coat begins to freeze over, crackling as it hardens.
>His movement locks up, and he tumbles forwards due to the awkward position, clinking against the
>His teeth chatter, and his eyes widen.
>”C-c-cold. So c-c-cold.”
>You smirk, seizing the opportunity to shout at Sludge.
“Well, I hate to put your plans on ice, but I’m freeing this kid.”
>You cock your fetlock back and bring the wrench down hard on the ice.
>The ice shatters from the blow, and from what you can tell, no shock enters the stallion’s body.
>Thanking your luck, you help the stallion to his hooves, and he wraps his hooves around you.
>”Oh thank you so much!”
“Hey, don’t mention it. Now let’s get to finding your friends. “
>”Right, where do we start?
>Voltage speaks up.
>”Found ‘em.”
“What do you-“
>You look down the hallway to see two more ponies encroaching on your position. One rounding the corner just ahead and one from behind.
>One is a light green pegasus with a purple mane and the other a gray earth pony with a black mane.
>Another deep booming voice pops up, coming from deeper in the tunnel.
>It comes closer as it speaks.
>”Putting my plans on ice, huh? Not bad, but I’ve got one for you. Freeze.”
>The stallion ducks behind you, hugging the wall.
>”That’s him.”
>>
>>26464347
Get out of here kiddo.
>>
>>26464347
"or what, you'll shoot?"
-mare who got shot
>>
>>26464347
Okay, so I think Volt might be able to zap one into submission considering the blobs reaction.
Meanwhile, we should distract the other one. Try to meet and thrown goo with fireballs, and use the wrench if they get too close.
Buy Ice an opening to freeze them again, and keep an eye out for her, because she's probably his main target.
>>
>>26464446
Eh... I'd rather keep him with us or the guy may catch him again

>>26464347
Have Voltage occupy the one coming from teh front while you go for the on coming from behing, try to use your chain to paralyse him so that Ice can get a shot
Ask the kid to stay wary of attacks from the water of from above for you, he should recognize his kidnapper easily is he shows up
Also, put the frozen shards of sludge in the botttle as soon as you get the occasion, right now if possible
>>
>>26457571
Late to the party but nothing stops him from using said planning for a future mission... except now we might want to avoid Using the bike/walking to get it but I'm sure he can adapt, that's the part of being a GM.
>>26464347
Well shit, time to talk to the badguy while assessing the situation, Ice must be on full alert.
>>
>>26464595
>Also, put the frozen shards of sludge in the bottle as soon as you get the occasion, right now if possible. He can control that stuff.

>>26464347
Don't forget to monologue. Best way to catch your opponent off guard is to distract them with a monologue while the rest of your team attack.

Something along the lines of his being scum for using civvies to attack us and polluting the water supply.
>>
>>26464689
>messing with kids was bad, but your biggest mistake was fucking with my shower!
>>
>>26464347
Something something we probably should've gotten a pony who's experienced with soap to help something something.

Like, oh I dunno, Miss Incompetent Super Soap.

Seriously, this guy is the perfect arch nemesis for her.
>>
>>26464771
Meh, if he gets away maybe.
>>
>>26464446
>>26464504
>>26464568
>>26464595
>>26464646
>>26464689
>>26464730
>>26464771
“What are you going to do, shoot me?”
>Voltage hisses at you.
>”You never say that, you dumb horse.”
“I haven’t been shot yet, so I think I’m good.”
>”It’s just asking to get shot at.”
“Anyway, kid, you wanna get out of here?”
>He shakes his head vigorously, nervously glancing at his friends.
>”Hell no, I’m staying with you.”
“Fair enough, just watch out for anything that comes from the water. I don’t want to have to deal with you again.”
>”Got it.”
>You take a glance over to Ice, whose breathing has quickened considerably.
“Ice, I know this wasn’t part of the plan, but calm down, we’ll be fine.”
>”Then what do we do?”
“He’s a villain, right? I’ll get him monologuing. While he’s distracted, you go in.”
>You clear your throat, preparing to give a speech.
“Well, you must know that somepony had to stop you eventually, right? You’re the worst kind of scum, using civilians to fight for you, taking them hostage, and from what I’ve heard, you’ve killed one already.”
>While speaking, you take the time to uncork your bottle and gather up the frozen remains of Sludge, stuffing them inside.
“Not to mention polluting the whole town’s water supply, and the worst of it all, fucking with my goddamn shower!”
>As you hoped, you hear a low chuckle down the hallway, and a rush of water.
>The two advancing teenagers stop their advance.
(cont.)
>>
>>26464976
>A purple mass washes over the water next to you, and the gelatinous pony pops out.
>His legs merge with the top of the water, and he jeers at you.
>”Oh, heaven forbid your shower gets ruined, I’m such a terrible pony.”
>He throws a hoof over his forehead.
>You nod to Ice and Voltage, who begin walking towards their respective targets.
>”But seriously, I wouldn’t have to do this if little meddling shits like you would just leave me alone. I’m trying to stay out of the way, but it’s all ‘let’s go bug the supervillain in the sewers’ this, or ‘gee, we’d better stop the supervillain who’s in nobody’s way’ that. And then he’s the bad guy for trying to defend himself.”
“Yeah, when you use normal citizens to do it.”
>”Like I need your approval.”
>You chuckle lightly.
“You know, I met this really incompetent super a few months back. Her power was cleaning stuff, I think you two would be perfect for each other.”
>”Good, you can hope she comes to save you.”
>He leans a hoof back to thrust at you, but a shout from your right draws his attention.
>You follow his gaze, and see Voltage with her hoof against the pegasus mare.
>The slime convulses and shakes around her, but the mare convulses as well, shouting in pain.
>Seems that they still conduct electricity when it’s not frozen.
>You look to the right, and see that Ice has successfully frozen the earth stallion.
>Sludge looks back to you with a smug smile.
>”Ah, got me monologuing. Almost worked, too. Shame.”
>Sludge’s form slides down into the water.
>Moments later, a wave breaks from the surface, heading towards Voltage and pegasus, now lying on the ground.
>>
>>26464992
Have Ice grab the pegasus while Voltage shocks the incoming wave. Something tells me that he just threw himself at her.

You don't throw yourself at a toaster while you're in water.
>>
>>26464992
Tell Volt to hit the water with her biggest bolt.
>>
>>26465039
This.
Ice might be too far though, maybe we should be the one to grab the mare if we're close enough.
>>
>>26465079
Oh, and throw the wrench at the frozen one if Ice can't smash the ice, then call it back.
>>
>>26465039
>>26465079
>>26465095
>>26465105
”Voltage, shock the wave!”
>”On it!”
>Turning around, you throw the wrench at the frozen mare.
>You do make contact, but it doesn’t shatter fully, just taking a chunk off of the ice.
>Calling the wrench back, you rush in as fast as you can before the wave crashes.
>However, Voltage seems to be having trouble.
>She has one hoof stretched outwards, but no electricity jumps to the wave.
>”Shit.”
>Unfortunately, you don’t quite make it back in time, and the wave threatens to crash over you.
>Doing what you can, you kill your fire and wrap your hooves around the mare and tackle her, trying to protect her from the wave with your bigger form.
>The sludge washes over you, and you feel it attempting to wrap around you and stick to your fur.
>Then, a shock hits you and the mare in your hooves.
>You and the mare convulse as electricity washes over you, shocking you.
>It hurts, pain washing all over your body as both the shock from Voltage and the wrench hit you.
>You try to shout in pain, but you get some of the goop in your mouth.
>It tastes disgusting, like sour milk.
>After a few moments, the shock peters out, and the shaking liquid collapses to the concrete.
>The mare in your arms has gone limp from the shock, but you still feel her chest expanding and contracting.
>Luckily, you still have control of your legs.
>Most of the goop falls back into the water, but what remains on the platform begins inching back to the septic river.
>>
>>26465262
Have Ice start freezing barriers. Block his escape.

Basically dam that septic river.
>>
>>26465262
I really want to see if we can drag some of his magic out of him with the meditation.
Tell Ice to stop freeze him over and give it a try.
>>
>>26465310
Way too much action for us to do that right now, nigguh.

We should first shove the mare out of the way if we can and then be very careful with Voltag's magic as it seems to not faze him that much.
>>
>>26465351
We can throw the wrench into him and have her target that.
And we need to get a grip on what we can do at some point. Right now he's running, it's an opportunity to try it, and our fire is useless.
>>
>>26465403
Are we SURE he's running?

He got shocked like us too, but he just went back into the water, that doesn't mean he's running. You never fought one of those bosses that goes in the water and jumps backs on the other side?

We need to keep our attention focused on our surroundings in case of a leap.
>>
>>26465445
We can't see him in the water anyway.
We'd have a better chance seeing it coming via magic.
>>
>>26465445
He might not be. Remember, he's a slime.
If you're strongest in the water, it'd make more sense to be in the water, yes?
>>
>>26465262
Hey his slime appears differently to us from the rest of the water so maybe we can spot him for the others with our power.
>>
>>26465290
>>26465310
>>26465351
>>26465403
>>26465445
>>26465458
>>26465507
>>26465521
>You let the mare roll out of your grip and lift yourself to your hooves.
”Ice, do you think you can dam the gate up behind us?”
>”No, I don’t think so, but I can try.”
>She points her horn downwards towards the gate, shooting a beam of ice.
>The surface crackles, but nothing happens.
>You try meditating.
>They might not be able to tell where he’s coming from or be very useful with your fire, but maybe you can call out his attacks.
>Right now, he seems to be directly under the surface while the pieces of slime make their way towards him.
>You try getting a lock on him in order to exchange magic with him.
>Just like with the scorpions, you let a little of his magic flow into you while some of your magic flows into him.
>It’s a pretty slow process, and by the time he’s fully reconvened, you’ve taken only a small chunk of his magic.
>Also your already wet coat feels really slippery.
>It makes you feel uncomfortable.
>He makes his way over to Ice, who’s still focused on trying to freeze the gate.
“Ice, watch out, he’s gunning for you next!”
>Startled, Ice cuts her magic off and searches the water.
>The slimy super hops out of the water and sprays goop from his hoof.
>Somehow still surprised by the swiftness of the attack, she lowers her horn in an attempt to defend herself.
>While some of the slime freezes before it reaches her, the lion’s share washes over Ice, and freezes on contact.
>Most of her front half gets covered in frozen slime, freezing her to the ground.
>Through the ice, her face is locked in surprise, while her eyes frantically look around.
>Her free hind legs scrabble, trying to get herself enough purchase to free herself.
>Cocky, Sludge’s form pops out of the water and leans against the statue, running a slimy hoof under her chin.
>”Oh, why don’t you stick around? I’ll deal with your friends and get right back to you.”
>>
>>26465758
We should thaw out ice.

Also now that some of our magic is in this guy I wonder if it would make it easier to boil him?
Maybe we can cause a reaction with some of the magic that's inside him.
>>
>>26465758
Yeah taking his magic seems really stupid, and gross, let's not do that, only use meditation to locate him like that.

And yeah let's rush toward them. Maybe throw a mine into him, if only to distract him away from her while we unfreeze her or see the effect on it.
>>
>>26465758
Fireball her or smash her out with the wrench. Carefully.
We can't burn him well, but we can detonate flames near him to splatter him.
>>
>>26465758
Wrench time!
>>
>>26465865
>>26465906
>>26465935
>>26465951
>Finally feeling like you can be useful, you throw a bomb in Sludge’s direction.
>Distracted by his taunting, he doesn’t see it impact in his torso until it’s too late.
>He looks down at it, a drop of sweat forming on his brow.
>You detonate the grenade, completely destroying his cohesion and splattering slime all over the sewers.
>Some of it sticks to the ceiling, walls, and walkways, and again begins crawling or dripping back to the water.
>Seems he can’t be burned, but that works, at least.
>Now with a few seconds to spare, you and Voltage dash over to Ice, sticking together.
>You consider wrapping your hooves around her, but then think that she’s covered in slime and that would probably not work out favorably.
>So instead, you elect to use your wrench, carefully beating away at the ice.
>Soon, enough of the ice breaks off so that Ice can freely move again, and you add a few more chips into the jar.
>The jar looks depressingly empty, for how long you’ve been fighting.
>Looking behind you, the pegasus and unicorn take cover behind their still frozen friend, hugging as they watch the fight.
>Might as well give them a good show.
>The three of you stand confident at the edge of the water.
>Sludge pops out of the water, staring you down with malice in his goopy eyes.
“Well, that wasn’t half bad for a warm up, but I expect you to step it up if you want to show me a goo-d time from here on out.”
>”Oh, don’t worry, I expect you’ll find it sub-slime.”
>>
And with that rather cheesy fade to black, that’s where I’m going to break for the week. Middle of a scene, I know, but sometimes it works out like that. Thank you all so much for playing, and I’ll be seeing you all come next weekend.

If you have any questions for me or the characters, be sure to ask them.
>>
>>26466307
Night Link.
What a pun-ishing place to stop tho :^)
>>
>>26466307
>next weekend

Fuck, see ya then...then.
>>
>>26466287
Well, at least with the more we cork up the less he has to fight with.
>>
BRAMP
>>
>>26467517
Wai tho
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.