[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this episode so polarizing on this board? I thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 23
File: 1430045784528[1].png (488 KB, 954x698) Image search: [Google]
1430045784528[1].png
488 KB, 954x698
Why is this episode so polarizing on this board?

I thought it was great.
>>
Tortoises are universally hated by the /mlp/ community, anon. Pones and Turtles don't fucking mix.
>>
>>26441893
I thought it was great too. Make up your own mind on an episode.
>>
>>26441893

I hate it because Dash fucked up all Cloudsale for nothing
I should not br surprised tho, Dash is a cunt since S1
>>
>>26441957
>I hate it because Dash fucked up all Cloudsale for nothing

But that was kinda the point of the episode, that all her endeavors was a futile struggle against nature itself.

>"I know it's wrong, but what does it matter?"
>>
File: 1452886676893.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1452886676893.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>26441893

Because instead of tackling the issue of real death, they just say "Mr. Turtle went night night for a long time"

Just man up like Sesame Street did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxlj4Tk83xQ
>>
>>26441957
>>26442002
People are fucking stupid for hating the episode because Rainbow Dash fucked up Cloudsdale, and I'm pretty confident when I say that literally nobody was bothered by that at all; they just have a bias against Rainbow Dash and this episode was totally perfect, but they needed a reason to justify their hate of the ep, so they just went with "she ruined the weather factory."

As if Rainbow Dash did that on purpose instead of on accident as clearly shown in the episode.
>>
File: Rainbow at Gala 2.png (483 KB, 876x623) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow at Gala 2.png
483 KB, 876x623
Anyone who says "Rainbow Dash is a dumb cunt," can be safely assumed to be a person who only says they dislike her because it's a trendy meme to do so. There are numerous examples of all the ponies being dumb cunts in various episodes. Faggots bein' jealous of Rainbow Dash's perfection.
>>
File: thumb[1].png (63 KB, 190x250) Image search: [Google]
thumb[1].png
63 KB, 190x250
>>26442041
Euphemisms are a totally legit storytelling tool, family.

Even the Bible does it.
>>
>>26442080
Hate to shatter your confidence but yeah I was bothered by it at all and I wouldn't be surprised if others were too.

It has nothing to do with character bias, it's about a major character causing a very important factory to be completely destroyed, seemingly irreparably.

It's little more than a side-detail in the central plot, but it sticks out like a sore thumb which is something a minimally important detail isn't supposed to do. The enormity of it, the total lack of consequences following it, even given the importance of the character and how much we can reasonably expect her to get away with it's sort of stupid.

Given context, a lot of the primary characters cover for each other when they get in trouble, but when it's that damn silly even when we accept it we don't have to like it.
>>
>>26442080

>they just have a bias against Rainbow Dash
>person who only says they dislike her because it's a trendy meme

Holy fuck, stop being so deluded
The episode was bad and you cant deny that, again, RD was a total bitch
>>
File: 46604.png (289 KB, 588x426) Image search: [Google]
46604.png
289 KB, 588x426
>>26441893
Because memes
>>
File: 11168971_ori[1].jpg (205 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
11168971_ori[1].jpg
205 KB, 800x1200
>>26442402
The protagonist behaving badly makes it a bad episode.

That's why pic related is a shit movie.
>>
>>26442080
She actually meant to do a lot worse. She was trying to permanently disable the factory, which would've meant no weather anywhere indefinitely
>>
>>26442041
Doesn't mean that'll automatically make it good. Just look at this shit, for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhjhAHjGcdI
>>
>>26442041
Giving Rainbow Dash any form of real consequence would go against the spirit of the episode
>>
>>26442091
I say that all the time and I don't even dislike her. In fact, I think she's an awesome pony.
But she's still a cunt. Think of her as the Australian shitposter pony.
>>
>>26442041
Made this feels pic about that after watching the ep.

>Because feels feel good.
>>
>>26442536
It makes no sense for her to harbor aggression against Cloudsdale for no reason. It was out of character even for Dash
>>
>>26442459
I liked that movie, excuse you.
>>
>>26442566
But she didn't display any aggression towards Cloudsdale. She didn't sabotage them out of malice, she did it out of conceived necessity.

>"I don't want to sabotage you, but you see I've got to try."
>"I know it's wrong, but what does it matter?"

No malice to be found there, family.
>>
>>26442590
I was being ironic, excuse both of us.
>>
>>26442601
Fabricated necessity. She already knew exactly what hibernation was because her friends told her
>>
>>26442666
Sure, Satan. Conceived, fabricated, both work.

The important thing is that her actions make sense from a storytelling perspective. She's completely distraught and irrational due to grief, so she acts irrationally and destructively.

There's nothing bad in terms of Dash's characterization regarding this. She does bad things, but it's not bad writing.
>>
>>26442712
She wasn't grieving for Tank, she was grieving for herself. This makes the episode bad writing right from the title which implies Tank is in danger or ever thought to be in danger.

The biggest conflict basically amounts to her having to cancel her ski trip
>>
>>26442560
this is how it should have been. they act like kids are fragile little shits, but i lost my first dog when i was 9 or 10 to parvo.
>>
>>26442858
They could've done it, but they wanted RD to have her cake and eat it too. Only villains deserve to be punished
>>
>>26442510
So fucking what? It's only the weather. It's not like she's pouring toxic waste into the river or some shit. She was doing it for her friend.
>>
>>26442903
The purpose of having a weatherpony breaking weather protocol was to show that she would've done ANYTHING. If it meant pouring chemicals into the river, she would've done that too
>>
>>26442272
>Enormity of it
Weather. That's it.

>total lack of consequences
She didn't even mean to destroy it. That was an accident. And she didn't do it out of malice; it was an act of love for her dear friend. Poor judgement and lack of intent to do evil means she deserves no consequences. I see a lot of people saying the same thing, that they wanted consequences for Rainow, and that only supports my claim that they don't like the ep because of their character bias. You just want something bad to happen to her.

Even someone like you, who claims it has nothing to do with character bias has nothing else to complain about the episode,
>>
>>26442947
The sort of incompetence she showed could've lead to a much greater fallout than what happened. It's just like with Clinton and the emails. She put many people in danger for personal gain and bypassed consequence because she believes herself above the law
>>
>>26442970
>not factoring in the point I made with why she didn't deserve consequences.
>>
File: 1450409429070.png (173 KB, 900x1048) Image search: [Google]
1450409429070.png
173 KB, 900x1048
Everyone's complaint about the episode has to do with Dash and the destruction of the weather factory, and NOTHING about how the other ponies treated Rainbow Dash's anguish about her "dying" friend with less sensitivity and sympathy than when Twilight was sad about her castle being too fancy in "Castle Sweet Castle."

pic related mfw.
>>
>>26443008
They told her the truth and she told them to go fuck themselves
>>
File: fluttershy eyeroll.gif (1 MB, 700x563) Image search: [Google]
fluttershy eyeroll.gif
1 MB, 700x563
>>26443031
A character has denial over hearing troubling news. Oh man how terrible. That's totally not a normal reaction. And definitely something that the other ponies have never done in other episodes.
>>
>>26442998
She handled that equipment with complete disregard for every pony in Equestria. It would be like me hijacking an airplane without a pilot's license, or breaking into a nuclear reactor and pressing random buttons. She's responsible especially in her capacity as the lead weatherpony
>>
>>26443057
That wasn't denial, she was lying to them.

If hibernation wasn't real, she would have no reason to destroy winter
>>
>>26443062
Are you implying in these hypothetical scenarios that you are hijacking an airplane or breaking into a nuclear reactor to help a friend and with no intent to do evil or hurt people or...

Also are you accidentally hijacking a plane or accidentally pressing buttons in this nuclear reactor like how Rainbow Dash accidentally fucked up the weather factory by being clumsy.

Oh.
>>
>>26443076
>Changing the subject away from the mane six and how they cared less about RD's anguish over losing her friend than they were about Twilight's sadness about her not liking her new castle.
>>
>>26443062
I love how your only examples purposely have to do with incredibly dangerous things like airplanes and nuclear power plants. As opposed to how harmless the weather is. psh nice try faggot.
>>
>>26443094
No I'm doing these things illegally even though I know there isn't any danger.

Also as I said before, I don't have a pilot's license. ANYTHING I do inside of that cockpit is an accident . Getting up for anything besides using the bathroom and getting more peanuts is a terrorist act and I'm knowingly putting anyone on the plane in danger
>>
>>26443146
RD accidentally fucked up the weather factory by being clumsy in the control room. Any of the pegasi could have fucked up the weather factory the same way. Your comparison is kind of shit and you're clearly reaching as hard as you can to justify your hate for the episode based on a character bias.
>>
>>26443131
The mane 6 almost died thanks to pegasi weather. It's hardly harmless, especially if you don't know what you're doing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ClveEHc_Fc
>>
>>26443177
>Knocking something over and saying "oops" while giggling is an accident
You must be part of Rainbow's PR team
>>
>>26443107
They offered solutions to Twilight for the castle, and they tried to offer solutions to RD. That's around the time she told them to shove it. Not to mention they were there for her at the end
>>
>>26443181
>>26443213
She was in the "winter lab," not the tornado room. And she DID know what she was doing; she was just clumsy. Your entire argument relies on "she had no idea what she was doing.

She knew exactly what she was doing. She drained the water in that room to prevent clouds and snow from being created and that worked. Things only went wrong because TANK wasn't properly secured. In fact if you watched the episode, which I doubt you did at all, nothing would have gone wrong if she didn't bring Tank with her. She had everything under control otherwise.
>>
File: 1452930098257.png (589 KB, 542x628) Image search: [Google]
1452930098257.png
589 KB, 542x628
>>26443240
Lol you really didn't watch the episode if the only parts you remember are the parts where they offer solutions. That still has nothing to do with how sympathetic they were about the situation.
>>
>>26443272
They told her the truth and she spat in their faces. Laws and common decency weren't going to stop her until she'd taken out all her frustrations. The important part is that they did offer solutions to her non-issue
>>
>>26443326
Did you know that you can offer solutions to things and people without caring about them or the situation?
>>
>>26443335
That's still an acknowledgement of the "situation" even after they'd told her there was none. They had to stoop down to her level
>>
File: Just- shut yer mouth.png (331 KB, 704x432) Image search: [Google]
Just- shut yer mouth.png
331 KB, 704x432
>>26443342
>That's still an acknowledgement of the situation.
>Implying acknowledging a situation means you are sympathetic of the situation.

Lol, oh you.
>>
>>26443364
They told her there was no situation, the truth, and she called them liars. If Tank was ever in any real danger, RD would've acted completely different, and her friends knew she was bullshitting them
>>
>>26443383
You're admitting that they ignored Rainbow Dash's feelings entirely. You're supporting my point that the other ponies cared less about RD's feelings about her friend than they did about Twilight's feelings about her castle being too fancy. You didn't watch the episode dude. You're done.
>>
>>26443402
Rainbow Dash was lying to them, of course they couldn't sympathize with her
>>
>>26443415
So now you're saying because they didn't agree with Rainbow Dash, then they couldn't feel bad for her or try to make her feel better.
>>
>>26443428
It wasn't a disagreement, she was lying to them. That isn't an argument, or a situation, or a conflict. It's one pony telling lies
>>
>>26443415
Remember in "Castle Sweet Castle" when Twilight was lying about her castle and instead of saying "oh well" they talked to her and got her to admit how she felt and then they sought to make her feel better?
>>
>>26443442
Twilight was lying to them in "Castle Sweet Castle" and look how differently they treated her in that episode.
>>
>>26443443
Except Twilight wasn't hostile to them, nor did she make it their problem. That's closer to a "denial" than what happened with RD
>>
>>26443479
Twilight's problem was their problem because she was sad, and friends tend to make it their problem when their friend is sad about something.
>>
>>26443474
And then she eventually came clean. Dash wasn't satisfied until she'd made it the problem of everypony in Equestria
>>26443498
but she didn't go for them for solutions and then reject their answers. She tried to ignore the problem itself, not her friends
>>
File: triggered dash.png (512 KB, 1270x706) Image search: [Google]
triggered dash.png
512 KB, 1270x706
>>26441906
>Tortoises
>Turtles
>>
>>26443514
>she ignored the problem herself, not her friends.
And her friends just sat there and left her alone instead of pursuing further action to help her feel better, which they could have done if they tried, like in "Castle Sweet Castle."

Is your entire concept of feeling bad for somebody or treating something with sensitivity limited to offering solutions to a problem and nothing more.
>>
>>26443256
Anything she did in that room was a liability, and she's responsible for all of it. Anything that went wrong could've been much worse because she was irresponsible
>>
>>26443542
No Rainbow Dash is the one who went to her friends for solutions, made it their problem, and then rejected their help after they revealed there was no problem. She was bullshitting everybody the whole time
>>
>>26443549
The only thing she did in the winter lab was draining the water, and everything else was an accident and not a result of her direct actions or intent. She doesn't deserve punishment for that accident.

>>26443571
Her friends still just let RD go along without going out of their way to help her feel better. Do you have any concept of emotions or being a good friend or what.
>>
>>26443606
She shouldn't have been in that room in the first place

Her friends also came to see her a few hours later. How were they supposed to know she'd gotten knee deep into terrorist actions in the interim?
>>
>>26443661
So should she have received punishment simply for being in that room at all?

Are her actions terrorist in nature if she only intended to stop the production of clouds and snow?

And do you think her friends should have come to see her a little earlier than "a few hours later" if they already knew she was sad way before? Do you think friends should never be there for you unless if they think you'll do something dangerous.
>>
>>26443678
Being a weather pony, it is her job to bring and help with the weather all over Equestria. Bastardizing her job by using her knowledge of weather systems to undermine the government is in direct violation of this, and it's a betrayal not only to her fellow ponies, but to Tank himself. She did it without need or cause, only to satisfy her selfish desires with disregard for ponies getting hurt.

Yes, she did all this just by being in that room and lying to everypony including the Equestrians waiting for winter, and all the weatherponies in charge of the facility

Her friends tried to help her, but she would not be helped. It was RD that decided that she wouldn't be satisfied until she destroyed something, and that she wouldn't be willing to listen to anypony until that time came
>>
File: REEEE.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>26441893
>Why is this episode so polarizing on this board?

>Allegory on /MLP/
>>
>>26443753
Yes, RD shouldn't have done what she was trying to do, but that still doesn't answer why exactly she deserved punishment, considering it was an accident after all.

Her friends made no attempt to help Dash after Dash didn't listen to them. They didn't go out of their way to help her at all until after a disaster happened. What great friends, huh.
>>
>>26443787
The only accident was the exact opposite of what RD intended to happen. Either way, she completely betrayed Equestria

Dash didn't just ignore her friends, she ignored everyone. Anyone with common sense who would've said infiltrating and sabotaging an Equestrian commodity is unfair. Anyone who was waiting for winter. Dash is the one who went out of her way to subvert them and everypony else for personal gain, and she would've lied straight to their faces just like she did to her friends
>>
>>26443822
So you're not going to address that her friends didn't go out of their way to help Dash until after the disaster huh, which kind of makes them shitty friends.
>>
>>26441893
Because anonymous is full of retards living a lie who can't judge. If they objectively judged the episodes then they'd notice the show went instantly to autism hell since season 2.

But this fanbase genuinely believes that parodying and making the characters stupid and autistic is the natural way the show was suppose to be written in. Because for 8 months theyncared more for the parody material produced by the fandom. They never appreciated cartoons and childrens cartoons.

Why do you hear less about Magical Mistery Cure and more about alicorn princess Twilight? Because horsefuckers are the dumbest and most unimaginstive pieces of shits. They can't egen come up with their oen criticism and insults.
Retard fandom honestly.
>>
>>26443840
Rainbow Dash herself was the disaster, and being willing to betray Equestria at the drop of a hat for something you later admit is bullshit makes you a shitty friend
>>
File: Pinkie 1274.png (474 KB, 776x720) Image search: [Google]
Pinkie 1274.png
474 KB, 776x720
>>26443853
>The show went instantly to autism hell since season 2.

Oh, you people again.
>>
>>26443867
The pony you posted was one of the worst casualties of that
>>
>>26443859
>Betray Equestria

Attempting to cancel winter for her friend is an act of betrayal like it's fucking treason. Dude now you have to be joking.
>>
>>26443871
Only in season 3.
>>
>>26443887
and beyond
>>
>>26443867
Go to hell and die. Fucking autist.
>>
>>26443874
>Equestrian citizens don't have a right to winter
She was infringing their rights, Tank or no Tank
>>
>>26443057
Quiet you dumb autist. No thst is not what intelligent people do. Not like a degenerate like you could ever understand about accepting defeat and admitting his wrongs.
>>
>>26443887
You're really this much of a retard with no thoughts of his own.
>>
>>26443901
I mean, if you want to make this about appeal to law fallacy, even though you don't know for certainty if such a law exists, then...
>>
File: 1425442545387.png (135 KB, 473x493) Image search: [Google]
1425442545387.png
135 KB, 473x493
>>26443853
>If they objectively judged the episodes then they'd notice the show went instantly to autism hell since season 2
>objectively
>nostalgiafag opinions are objective
>>
>>26443867
i'd rather have them than you hasdrone niggers shitty up this place desu senpai
>>
>>26443931
Yes she was infringing their rights, just like Nightmare Moon was attacking their rights to have day. It has nothing to do with law
>>
>>26443959
Except Nightmare Moon wasn't doing it for a friend and Nightmare Moon did it specifically with evil intent.
>>
>>26443971
Except Rainbow Dash admitted the hibernation thing was bullshit without coaxing from anypony. This means it wasn't ever for Tank, but for her own selfish desires. Just like Nightmare Moon
>>
>>26443989
She was doing it for herself, yes, and that still doesn't mean she deserved punishment; just that she made a poor decision. Not really an evil act. Nightmare Moon was specifically being evil and she knew it.
>>
>>26443942
Why are you scum? Why, why the fuck do you refuse to sit the fuck down and finally say "I'm autistic and wrong." For 5 long years. You stubborn immature prick.
>>
File: Derpy gonna bust a cap.png (105 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
Derpy gonna bust a cap.png
105 KB, 500x258
>>26444048
>>26443895
>>26443902

Troll detected.
>>
>polarizing
It's polarizing? I recall most people enjoying it and it's death allegory. Some were a little upset about the "domestic terrorism" thing, but if Twilight could mindrape a whole town and it be perfectly fine, Dash could blow up a room and get away with it.
>>
File: Luna swag.png (1 MB, 5000x5656) Image search: [Google]
Luna swag.png
1 MB, 5000x5656
>>26444058
This.
>>
>>26444048
fine.
youre autistic and wrong.
>>
>>26444033
She thought so little of her fellow pony that she was willing to push Equestria into the dirt for a cause that didn't exist, ultimately no reason, and she abused the power they entrusted to her as weatherpony to do it. It was a betrayal she fully consented to in and out
>>
>>26444072
It's just the weather.
>no reason
I don't think you know what that phrase means, considering there were several reasons established but okay.

And she even apologized. Also you're still only stating what she did wrong but not exactly why deserves punishment for her actions.
>>
>>26444048
>m-muh show went to shit since mommy left
Kill yourself.
>>
>>26444087
The only reason was for Tank, and Dash knew it was bullshit. Her first thought on the matter is to endanger Equestrian citizens and she did this on a whim. She lied and did her job incorrectly on purpose. They can't trust her to do her job or anything for that matter
>>
>>26444115
>endanger

Um, what? Is winter suddenly too deadly for Equestria to handle? Why did the pegasi make winter happen in the first place then?
>>
>>26444119
Her incompetence sent a snowball the size of an entire town into a populated area. Somepony who does things like that endangers everypony involved
>>
>>26444058
The threat of Celestia was very real to Twilight, as opposed to Rainbow Dash who knew Tank wasn't dying. It doesn't really work as an allegory "just for the sake of it"
>>
>>26444136
you mean that snowball that hit the entire town and nobody was injured by it? That danger?
>>
>>26444160
No the pony behind it is the danger. There's a reason the Cloudsdale ponies don't just bomb every town like that
>>
>>26444186
You realize, again, that she didn't intend for that to happen. Punishment would require intent of malice, for which there is none.
>>
>>26444191
There is no sort of contingency for what she did or didn't intend. It could've been 100x worse, and she willfully put all those ponies in danger by doing something she knew she shouldn't have been doing in a place she shouldn't have been. I could crash land that hijacked plane backwards, if everyone survives that doesn't make me any less responsible
>>
>>26444200
Except there's clearly more danger involved in flying a plane, especially if you don't know how to pilot it, than there is in draining water from a water tank to stop clouds and snow from being made.
>>
>>26444210
You are arguing that the net danger potential doesn't matter, as long as everyone survives. This isn't true
>>
>>26444216
Actually that's not what I'm arguing. Read it again.
>>
>>26444221
By downplaying the severity of an incompetent pony causing natural disasters, yes you are.
>>
>>26444247
She caused a disaster, but does not deserve punishment for it. and it was an accident. And it wasn't even a result of her direct actions. Dude I'll point out that you are now throwing accusations at me for things, and for things that aren't true. I encourage you to read.
>>
>>26444253
I apologize, but the weather is something that effects everypony in Equestria. If there were supposed to be 10 ponies in that room operating that equipment, then Dash being in there by herself puts everypony affected by the weather in 10x or more danger than normal. It's irresponsible, and she knows this. It's her job
>>
>>26444266
You don't know how many ponies actually need to be in that room operating the equipment. Besides, Dash accomplished the task she intended to do all by herself with no problem; she emptied the water tanks. It wasn't until tank got loose that shit hit the fan, and the was completely unrelated to her own actions or what she was trying to accomplish. The real mistake she made was bringing tank into that room because that's what fucked everything up.
>>
Oh look, it's this thread again
>inb4 "But she also sold Fluttershy to slavery! Muh cuuuunt"

Jesus you fuck can get so autistic.
>>
>>26441893
Because Anons were jelly of dash getting attached to a nonpony that wasnt them.
>>
>>26444344
>being jelous of a pet
Only dashfags can be this autistic
>>
>>26444344
>she'll never stop winter for you
>>
>>26444344
As a major Dashfag, that didn't bother me one bit and I don't think anybody was bothered by that at all. I think you just made that up lol. Seeing Dash care about her friend is something any dashfag can appreciate seeing.
>>
>ITT people forget that sometimes, ponies are written to overreact or do things they "should" know not to do just to make a conflict arise in the first place
>>
>>26444389
Or rather people goes overboard because it's fun.

It's not like this board is full of hypocritical assholes and the like, right?
>>
>>26442946
>pouring chemicals into the river
>what is she? Kefka?

https://youtu.be/84hFitTXfjs?t=318
>>
File: happy cute dash.png (99 KB, 437x538) Image search: [Google]
happy cute dash.png
99 KB, 437x538
>>26444410
>>26444389
>Episode was clearly a metaphor about death and going to great length to avoid it.
>BWAAH WHAT A CUNT!!!!1
>Meanwhile let's harass Sibsy because she's fat! And constantly mock BlackGryphon for having fun with the staff! And mock this vegetable kid! We are the "true" fans! Our waifu would LOVE our quirky and cynical personnality! Yessir!

Yeah, just ignore them and have a happy Dash.
>>
>>26444442
Shit this post should have gotten the 26444444 get. True words.
>>
>>26444463
>>26444444
>>
>>26444469
>tfw get happened on an NSFW thread.
>>
>>26441893
Cause some people took it a bit too seriously, when it actually was supposed to be half-parody
>>
>>26444157
Both believed there was a real thread, when in both case there was none, this argument is meaningless.
>>
>It's okay that RD went full retard over his pet tortoise going into hibernation for three months because the whole thing was actually a metaphor for death!
>>
>>26444442
But it wasn't actual death, Tank was explicitly said to be gone for only 3 months, so her behaviour was retarded and irrational from the show's perspective.
>>
>>26444807

Do you even understand the concept of a metaphor?

It's not *that* complex.
>>
>>26441893
>Why is this episode so polarizing on this board?

http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psychpedia/concrete-thinking
>>
>>26444833

A metaphor requires two things that are comparable in a particular aspect.
Since Tank is not gone forever from the show, the metaphor falls apart, as we can't compare what happened with him in the episode to dying.
>>
>>26444833
>it's ok to be a terrorist because hairless bipeds from a different dimension will try to mentally connect your unmotivated plight into something that almost resembles a metaphor for death
>>
>>26444552
Dash flat out admitted in the end of the episode that she knew her friends were right from the start
>>
Mainly because of this scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kSFJRmzCd0
>>
>>26444895
>Rainbow tells Tank goodnight
The actual title of the video
>>
>>26444895
I might not like the episode all that much, but that scene is 10/10 pure gold. Been waiting for a moment where Dash just completely breaks down.
>>
>>26441893
I hate that the pets are non existent unless its an episode focusing on pets
>>
>>26441893
The song RD sang in it was awful
>>
It was a decent "Ponies deal with death" episode presented in a way that didn't deal directly with death for the sake of keeping it kid-friendly, the five stages of grief are all very apparent.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68 KB, 1366x768
>>26444922
>"Raggedy pet...goodnight"
>>
File: latest[2].png (242 KB, 1280x931) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
242 KB, 1280x931
>>26444054
Are you sure you don't mean parasprite?
>>
>>26445080
Objectively wrong, family.
>>
>>26444389

>people forget that sometimes, ponies are written to overreact or do things they "should" know not to do just to make a conflict arise in the first place

In other words, be OOC, like Celestia in Reflections, and we all know that comic was crap
>>
>>26441893
I'm guessing it's because Rainbow is retarded the whole time, but it had great music and applejack cries on inside
>>
>>26445031
But Spike is in every episode.
>>
>>26445208

Yeah, or most of S1.
>>
File: 1453005478627.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1453005478627.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>26444889
For some additional context, ponies strictly control every other aspect of nature that's usually chaotically in flux. Even animal hibernation. Fluttershy is shown in Winter Wrap Up waking the animals and telling them Spring has come. When even something as unpredictable and chaotic as the weather is finely controlled down to the hour, it's not that unreasonable for Dash to latch onto the slightly un-reasonable idea that maybe Tank doesn't have to be involved. Also, damaging the Weather Factory wont end weather in Equestria. It will just vastly reduce p0ny control over it.
>>
>>26445236

Explain?
S1 created the characters so, hardly anything presented can be considered OOC
>>
>>26445255

Ponies overreact to stupid shit all the time in S1, just so conflict can arise. Episodes like Swarm of the Century for example.

As you say, it's very hard to argue that the characters were acting OOC back in S1, which leads us to the inevitable conclusion that RD overreacting for the sake of plot in Tanks for the memories is indeed the way the characters are supposed to be.
>>
>>26445275

I would be scared too if some little shits take down my house and I can do nothing to stop them

>RD overreacting for the sake of plot in Tanks for the memories is indeed the way the characters are supposed to be.
Thats wrong, because we have seen through seasons that RD has got more mature
Testing testing 123 is the best RD episode ever written, Read it and weep was good too
There Dash leaves her arrogance and accepts she needs help, which she didnt do in Tank for the memories, I expected better behavior from Dash
>>
File: invisiblespitfire.gif (487 KB, 700x540) Image search: [Google]
invisiblespitfire.gif
487 KB, 700x540
>>26445275
Reading into the song lyrics from the episode and how she acted when she got Tank in the first place gives a bit of insight. She was originally looking for a flight buddy like Gilda from the start. She wasn't looking for something to love and care for. Tank surprised her with how attached she became. She sings about not wanting to be alone, or say goodbye. She has friends, so that kinda indicates some serious abandonment issues. Also as a talented Pegasus she is used to having her whole world under control in ten seconds flat. There is no reason to think she would be acting rationally, and her friends might have been more sensitive to her underlying neurosis. Especially since she wasn't exactly subtle about it.
>>
File: 1448462780010.jpg (40 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1448462780010.jpg
40 KB, 400x402
People who hate Rainbow dash are far worse than the most autistic dashfag out there it seems. I remember when people shitposted and screamed about 'muh child abuse' after Foal Free Press. It was the most retarded argument on this Taiwanese Sewing Convention I've ever seen, which says a lot. Thus I instantly look down upon those who hold rabid hate for RD as sub human.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.