[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is "not canon" considered a legitimate criticism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Why is "not canon" considered a legitimate criticism around here? No, this not a defense of the EqG movies and the idw comics, it's just that "not canon" is usually the first thing someone says about why they're bad. Whether or not you consider them canon is a whole other discussion, all I'm asking is why something not being canon somehow hinders your enjoyment of it?
>>
Bad bait, EG-faggot
>>
File: 1451336890378.png (205 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451336890378.png
205 KB, 400x400
>>26115787
I guess it's not /mlp/ without someone completely missing the point
>>
>>26115746
>>26115834
t. non-canon eqgfag
>>
>>26115746
Because anything non-canon is definitionally irrelevant to the show.
>>
>>26115834
Your thread is not canon.
Aka nobody has to acknowledge that it even was made in the first place.
>>
>>26116215
>>26116229
So? Other franchises have tons of stuff that aren't canon yet are still enjoyed. Most of the Star Wars EU isn't canon anymore, but didn't stop people from enjoying it
>>
>>26116243
You are so dense that you don't get that the people that say it isn't canon are just disregarding it as the putrid shit it is? I hope that's clear now and you GTFO.
>>
>>26115746
It's not the FIRST thing someone says.

It's the last thing.

"Oh, EqG completely threw away most of what's good about MLP, but it's noncanon so it doesn't matter."

"Oh, IDW comics are headed by a bunch of tumblrfags with agendas, but it's noncanon so it doesn't matter"

It's a self defense mechanism. Just because EqG and IDW are shit doesn't mean they can bring down our enjoyment of the actual show.

If "non canon" was considered a criticism, then there wouldn't be greentext.

>And that would be sad.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-10-17-58-33.png (567 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-10-17-58-33.png
567 KB, 1080x1920
>>26115746
>Why is "not canon" considered a legitimate criticism around here?
Why would anyone want to type an essay explaining why they dislike something when they can just spam >no hooves, underage, >not canon, he's mad, newfag, bait, and other memes to express their distaste?
>>
>>26115746

Valid question. It's not legitimate criticism, but it is frequent criticism, certainly. Likely because people who obsess over things like continuity and logic (rather than just good storytelling) enjoy the feeling of superiority they get from having a platform, however flimsy, from which they can belittle writefriends and drawfriends when they don't conform precisely to their own headcanon.

But then that's none of my business. And I'm too lazy at the moment to hunt up a picture of Kermit the Frog drinking tea.
>>
>>26116326
Don't forget that when you post serious shit then you are slapped with a UTOOKDABAIT pic.
>>
>>26116322
/thread
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.