[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought Season 5 overall was really good, but why were the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
I thought Season 5 overall was really good, but why were the songs all so terrible?

They were entirely "this is the situation, here is an extremely simple and clear rhyming pattern while we describe exactly what is happening". Why?
>>
Really? I've felt that way before with some songs in previous seasons, but I don't remember feeling like that very often this season. Maybe I'm just forgetting those.
>>
>>26103523
Honestly don't think there was a single one in S5 that wasn't that way. I'd like to be reminded of one that isn't, though.
>>
>>
File: puncess carlostia.jpg (61 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
puncess carlostia.jpg
61 KB, 1024x723
Puncess Carlostia: 'So, Fluts: cosplaying as Nei Ayanami, then?'
>>
>>26103335
you described Art of the Dress and This Day Aria pretty well
>>
I will not (You) the bait, I will not (You) the bait, I will not (You) the bait...
>>
>>26103335
I'd say lets wrap up winter guize, dressesdressesdressesdresses, and we gala now falls under that description.
>>
File: ranma-chan.jpg (162 KB, 619x600) Image search: [Google]
ranma-chan.jpg
162 KB, 619x600
>>26103335

Would Flutters prefer Ranmare-chan?
>>
>>26103534
In Our Town was an anthem of sorts for the village. The Pony I Want To Be would have been awkward as a soliloquy due to the use of metaphors. We'll Make Our Mark reprise is warranted due to it being such a huge moment. All songs in the Rara episode except The Magic Inside are not talking about the current situation.
>>
>>26103648
Oh yeah, I guess they were pretty good.
>>
>>26103335
Apparently they got halfway through the season and Ingram said to the crew that there were hardly any songs.

So they probably just hamfisted them in. And like 4 or 5 songs are from a musical episode, musicals are basically "this is the situation, here is an extremely simple and clear rhyming pattern while we describe exactly what is happening" by design.
>>
>>26103335
I thought s5 had some excellent songs. It was the s4 songs I didn't like.
>>
>>26103335
>all

Careful with those absolutes, OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5b9xLj3YDU
>>
File: 1430861708281.png (243 KB, 638x585) Image search: [Google]
1430861708281.png
243 KB, 638x585
In Our Town
Rules Of Rarity
Wel'll Make Our Mark
Vote For Pip
Light Of Your Cutie Mark
Pony I Wanna Be
The Spectacle
The Magic Inside
the Equestria Anthem or whatever
And I'll Fly

That's almost all the songs in the season and I love all of them

The only one I love but do feel is a bit of a guilty pleasure is Make this Castle a home, I love it and it gets stuck in my head every other day but I can see why some don't think it's "good", but to me it sounds good
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.