[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Hey, Nonny!" >"Could you scratch my back?"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12
>"Hey, Nonny!"
>"Could you scratch my back?"
>"Pretty please with whipped cream and butterscotch on top?"
>>
File: 1451936322864.png (166 KB, 479x507) Image search: [Google]
1451936322864.png
166 KB, 479x507
Talking to your imaginary friends again Pinkie?
What happened this time.
>>
>>26097594
>butterscotch on top

Alright, slut. I get your male Fluttershy to mount you.
>>
File: smilesmilesmile.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
smilesmilesmile.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>26097622
>"But he's real!
>"...I swear..."
>>
>>26097636
Your tulpa will never be real.
Accept it.
>>
>>26097636
I want to hit Ponk
>>
>>26097721
No. Pony is for energetic cuddles only. Violence without reason is wrong.
>>
>>26097737
But I have a good reason.
She is annoying.
Also pony is very for sexual, hugboxer.
>>
>>26097743
Pony is also for sexual, but hitting her because you think she's annoying is not a good reason.
>>
File: 1426226776068.gif (755 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1426226776068.gif
755 KB, 500x281
>>26097764
Fuck you then.
>>
>>26097794
No :^)
>>
>>26097655
what is a tulpa?
>>
>>26097881
A mental disorder. Like Pinkie.
>>
>>26097881
Something beautiful. You should try it. Just don't come crying if you end up with a nightmarish hellspawn instead of pony.
>>
>>26097907
>mental disorder
Incorrect. People who have tulpas, barring other actual disorders, exhibit no chemical differences from those who do not, and are in fact aware that their tulpa is not part of reality.
It's a willful choice to see things that are not there to others, but it is not a "disorder" any more than liking mlp is.
If you must compare it to something, a willful delusion is more accurate.
>>
>>26097942
If that happens they could always fix it with a Jackie Chan tulpa
>>
>>26097952
It's fucking your mind up. It's harmful.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 214x235) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 214x235
>>26097622
>"Nonny, you're the only one who understands..."

>"Why can't they just see you like I do?"

>"B-but... Everypony thinks you're just imaginary..."

>"Why not? I can throw a party, and you can show everyone that you're real! It'll be super-duper fun! And w-"

>"..."

>"Oh... Okay..."

>"I understand..."
>>
>>26097881
A tulpa is basically an imaginary friend that you create via meditation. This concept started in Tibetan Buddhism, however modern tulpas are slightly different from the ones a Tibetan monk would make.

They are (if anonymous posts on the internet are to be believed) usually self-aware to some degree, and act independently from you.

If you really want to know more than that, go here: http://www.tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/

Inb4 "DON'T SPOONFEED THE NEWFAG!"
>>
>>26097952
A Tulpa is nothing more than self-induced schizophrenia.

You see, feel, and hear something that doesn't exist. You warp your own perception to make your brain believe that there's something that isn't.

Beyond that, you also give it independence, emotions, and awareness. You create a being, in your mind, with autonomy, emotions, and a personality of it's own.

That's fucking dangerous.
>>
>>26098080
>self induced schizophrenia
DYEKWYTA?
>>
>>26098115
Yes. You force yourself to see, feel, and hear something that isn't there.

Schizophrenia makes you see, hear, and feel things that aren't there.
>>
File: ponecry.jpg (86 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ponecry.jpg
86 KB, 1920x1080
>>26097996
>Your friends will never believe
>Your friends will never see him the way you do
>Your friends will never see him at all
>'Silly, crazy Ponk'
>'She's so funny, haha!'
>But you're not crazy
>Love isn't crazy
>They just don't understand
>That's okay
>You don't need them
>After all...
>You have Him
>>
>>26098080
>A Tulpa is nothing more than self-induced schizophrenia

Yes because comparing something that can be controlled to something that can't be controlled makes perfect sense. Just stop talking.
>>
File: 1448788400408.png (7 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1448788400408.png
7 KB, 645x773
>>26098183
>>
>>26097996
If this was posted on any other site it would've ended up in the cringe thread.
>>
>>26098146
How do you KNOW they aren't there?

Can you prove to me what is "real" and what isn't?
>>
>>26098146
One type of schizophrenia does that, and it is a SYMPTOM, not an all-inclusive definition, of schizophrenia.
There are none of the chemical differences that come with schizophrenia, DiD, or any other mental disorder with like symptoms.
It is an example of mind over matter, nothing more.
Now, would I recommend a schizophrenic to make a tulpa? Not without their meds, no.
>>
>>26098202
I was under the belief that neither could be controlled.
>>
>>26098244
How would one explain they made a tulpa to their doctor without exposing power levels then?
>>
>>26098237
This isn't some special snowflake bullshit of only you being the chosen one to see shit. You're deluding yourself into something that isn't anything more than a figment of your imagination you're letting run amok. Nobody else will hear it screaming. Nobody else will have sleepless nights from it yelling in pain if you 'fuck up the procedure' or whatever it is.
>>
>>26098244
>be schizo
>make fluttershy tulpa
>she spends all day knocking on doors, screaming bloody murder and whispering your name.
j..just like I always wanted.
>>
>>26098256
This is somewhat true, somewhat not. You always have ultimate say over what your tulpa does and does not do.
As the host, it is your job to make sure your tulpa is mentally sound from the ground up, and any problems they end up with are usually because, on some level, you wanted them to be that way.
A semblance of autonomy is, however, the most-sought goal of most tulpafriends. However, no tulpa can make you do something you don't want to do.
>>
>>26098284
>2016
>still believing that creepypasta

Regardless, how do you even know we aren't a figment of YOUR imagination?
>>
>>26098302
I thought it was possible for advanced tuppers to pass control of their body over to their tulpa?
>>
>>26098321
>meme arrows

Why would I make some as retarded as you?
>>
>>26098080
Technically, he's right.

At least, the tulpas that teenage and young adult faggots make.

The true spiritual tulpas are different. Internet tulpafags THINK they're capable of making true tulpas but they're wrong. A glorified imaginary friend is just that: an imaginary friend, not a tulpa.
>>
>>26098302
I buy that a tulpa can't make YOU do anything against your will, but I've read a lot of tales of tulpas going haywire and generally being a curse and a blight upon the creator.
>>
>>26097594
No, I don't want to catch your autism.
>>
>>26098352
Oh come on, don't make it that easy.
>>
>>26098267
Why would they? Tulpas have no effect on anything relevant to one's physical health.. There is absolutely no reason to divulge that information. If you're so weak-willed that you can't keep yourself from verbally acknowledging your tulpa in public, or in front of your doctor, then the fault lies in your choice not to control yourself, and you deserve to be treated like a lunatic.
And contrary to popular belief, doctors don't just immediately say "lol u hear things that aren't there u are schizo here meds". There is a lot of testing done to confirm it.
Just like how doctors no longer immediately suggest that someone with multiple personalities begin merging therapy, or whatever it's called (I am blanking on the name at this moment)
>>
>>26098381
Already lost your own argument. Nice.
>>
>>26098352

So they can be on your level?
>>
>>26098395
You lost when you started rejecting reality. Turn back now, there is nothing for you to be gained here, fleshling.
>>
>>26098348
With permission from the host that can be revoked in an instant.
>>
File: IMG_20151222_125554_085.jpg (10 KB, 165x185) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151222_125554_085.jpg
10 KB, 165x185
>>26098224
This post can apply to most of /mlp/

I hate to admit it but we're pretty autistic in here
>>
>>26098357
And?
People saying dumb shit on the internet is pretty commonplace. Either the hosts had underlying problems that made them want that, or they freaked out during the visualization process when their imagination did something demented, and assumed that was permanently part of their tulpa because they imagined it, meaning they were probably ill-informed on the subject in the first place.
A well-known example of this was the oguigi blog. The host assumed that everything he saw was real and out of his hands, and so he ended up in a state of beyond fucked up.
The moral of the story is get your facts right and really think before you go down this path. It requires a lot of dedication, and i daresay a decent understanding of yourself, but in the end, you won't find anyone on the planet that understands you as well as your tulpa, and the bond you end up with is definitely special.
>>
>>26098354
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Although I feel it has roots in psychology than anything paranormal, tulpas are definitely a spiritual thing, if one defines spirituality as the search for self enlightenment.
Fun fact, the concept of tulpas can loosely be traced to an old Buddhist tradition (though the end goal was vastly different for practitioners of that particular exercise, of course).
>>
>>26097594
Stop calling me nonny you fucking cow.
>>
>>26097594
Sure.
*skritcha skritcha*
>>
So is this a stealth /tulpa/ thread, then?
>>
>implying Ponk would even have to ask twice or say please
Scratch that back anyday, and maybe she'll scratch mine.
>>
File: ad5e71784a3c.jpg (221 KB, 913x1230) Image search: [Google]
ad5e71784a3c.jpg
221 KB, 913x1230
>>26097594
"But of course."
>>
>>26098587
Sure, why not?
Any experienced anons got advice for a new tulpafag?
>>
Make it pretty please with cum cream and BJ-scotch on top and we got a deal, ponks
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.