[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We'll never get an episode where Spike grows up permanently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: dreamworks.png (431 KB, 821x1016) Image search: [Google]
dreamworks.png
431 KB, 821x1016
>We'll never get an episode where Spike grows up permanently after realizing that his "hoard" is the love and affection of all of his friends

Why?
>>
>>26076172
because they don't love him
>>
Feminism: Male characters must be bumbling, annoying, useless crybabies. No Exceptions.
>>
File: coy.png (341 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
coy.png
341 KB, 1280x720
>>26076218
>Women are so weak emotionally that media targeted towards them has to be filled with unrealistic depictions of males
>Women can only compete when the men are reduced to stereotypes
>>
>>26076245
>Implying the mane 6 aren't reduced to stereotypes
Although they are made to look better invariably than males.
>>
He's an Asian dragon.
>>
S6 will be a timeskip and you know it
>>
>>26076261
Is that where the ride ends?
>>
>>26076258
How?
>>
>>26076279
Because it's not weird for him to have a mustache, and because he has no wings.
>>
>>26076270
Hasbro already paid for s7, so I doubt it.
They are gonna milk this shit for as much as they can.
>>
File: here.png (369 KB, 474x364) Image search: [Google]
here.png
369 KB, 474x364
>>26076307
Maybe he's a hybrid.
>>
>>26076333
Checked
Also, how much bullshit do you think they will stuff in, using the timeskip to handwave all of the writing normally required to make said bullshit happen?
>>
>>26076333
>s7
is that a typo or are we getting another two seasons?
>>
>>26076377
No more bullshit than they try to pull whenever Discord shows up.
>>
>>26076381
There is a picture with a chart that shows they paid for s7, I didn't save it.
>>
>>26076394
>millions of memes and references
>They somehow think this makes up for shitty writing
>>
>>26076417
Discord basically exists for shitty writers like Neal Dusedau that don't give a fuck.

>>26076405
They paid for something G4 related until 2019 and it isn't EqG.
>>
>>26076339
Maybe he's a changeling who turned into a dragon egg, acquired amnesia, and kept on growing himself subconsciously, but it forgot wings when it originally designed itself?
>>
>>26076218
unfortunately this
>>
Tbh I recently watched Pokemon XY Episode 38 and its exactly what the writers need to do for Spike.

Bonnie the childish kid sister who is often the source of conflict gets her own episode where they show off her best qualities: her sense of adventure, her empathy while caring for others as well as using playful cunning and misdirection to avoid combat.

If only they could make an episode celebrating what makes Spike a likable character instead of making every episode that stars him about how he suddenly turns into a dangerous incompetence brat for no apparent reason.
>>
File: tumblr_lfguj6hUqB1qgytero1_400.gif (305 KB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lfguj6hUqB1qgytero1_400.gif
305 KB, 320x176
>>
>>26076509
That's a great headcanon!
>>
>>26076394
I mean, yeah, this happens, but the damage potential of a timeskip is, in my opinion, a thousand times worse.
I'm hoping that they just stick to pairing off all the waifus just to piss the neckbeards off
>>
>>26076518
You can't even come up with a Spike episode that celebrates his good qualities without people bitching that we want a perfect character who can do no wrong.

It's like, if anything he needs more episodes like that to balance out the extreme opposite depictions he gets.
>>
>>26076691
Spike does plenty of good in the background or off camera but when ever hes made to focus of the episode not only does his worst qualities get cranked up to Flash Sentry fanfic levels but all his good qualities and skills vanish, I mean in spike at your service HE FORGETS HOW TO COOK AND CLEAN, ya know, HIS FUCKING JOB.

It would be ok for him to be a flawed character in his own episodes so long as their was SOMETHING redeemable and worthy about him at the same time.
>>
>>26076509
David X. Cohen get the fuck back to Futurama with your insanely clever writing.
>>
>>26076780
Part of the reason why I want Spike episodes to celebrate his positives so much is that we have a character pretty much entirely defined by his negative behavior and he very rarely has a good depiction.

It's like they don't know how to show a negative character trait with him without making him into fucking Satan or something. It's worse when he doesn't even do anything wrong. There's a difference between Just for Sidekicks and Princess Spike.

At this point doing something absolutely and completely amazing that literally no one else could do that would normally be "Sue-ish" with anyone else would just be throwing him a bone. Imagine him saving the Crystal Empire twice, but way more important.
>>
>>26076509
>>
File: disgust and shock.jpg (48 KB, 537x539) Image search: [Google]
disgust and shock.jpg
48 KB, 537x539
>>26076339
YOU MEAN LIKE A HYBRID?!
>Scottish accent intensifies
>>
>>26076831
If I became god emperor of all MLP I'd do one episode showing off how good he is at helping others and another episode showing off how determined and hard working he is.

Then in the series finale I'd show off his resoluteness and strength of ideals where he chooses to remain a baby dragon over becoming full grown even though it would solve the immediate crisis because it would mean him giving up on his noble dragon code and he'd be no better than the monster he was facing. In the end he would take the supportive role in helping other save the day while staying true to his principles.
>>
>>26076952
Jeez, I'd be happy with him getting dragons and ponies to stop fighting and being crowned prince/future king of all dragons.
>>
>>26076255
Archetypes are not stereotypes, anon.
>>
>>26076906
A mix of East and West.
>>
>>26077142
But he's also part Mayan dragon and, like, a wyrm I guess. The number of different races of dragons he is must be a power of two for them to be balanced.
>>
>>26077418
Of course we've never seen a dragon his age so maybe they grow wings later if they grow "naturally."
>>
File: satantemptingjesus.jpg (8 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
satantemptingjesus.jpg
8 KB, 191x264
>>26076952
From what I've read on the wiki (that's how I stay on top of things, cause fuck television) that's essentially the purpose of his character--the supporter, some Galahad, atypically pure type character, as he has always stuck by his friends despite his inherent greediness (a natural trait shared by dragons in the mlp universe). What would be interesting if he were to be enlightened (and possibly sacrificed) for the sake of the other six (seven? eight?) but ultimately be granted his wish (holy grail status) for his feat. Idk what sort of plot line would lead to this, but S6 should climax with Spike being given a choice of gaining some sort of power for sacrificing his friends or sacrificing himself so that his friends should be saved (pic related), ultimately choosing to sacrifice himself. The day is saved, the villain is defeated, and Spike is pulled from the rubble, injured but alive (the series is TV-Y after all). When he comes to, he is granted whatever the villain was offering him, but with the only string attached that he use his newfound ability for good.
>>
>>26078701
And instead we'll get one episode of a horribly juvenile character that's full retard and he won't say another word the entire season.
>>
>>26076979
They are with the power of Flanderization and an apathetic writing staff.
>>
>>26076172
Because that's a pretty crappy idea, OP.
>>
>>26076172
I'm okay with that.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.