[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wtf? Twilight has a brother? What were the reactions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1448939233175.png (58 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
1448939233175.png
58 KB, 500x471
Wtf? Twilight has a brother?

What were the reactions?
>>
>>26061298
That it was a bit of an ass-pull but ultimately, the episode was great so no one cared that much.

http://hyperindex.mlpg.co/mlp1419847.html
Post 1421254 and down for Shining reaction.
>>
>>26061298
The episode itself had nice songs and introduced a very interesting race, but it wasn't great beyond that

I was REALLY disappointed in that huge asspull in Shining/Cadence's appearance, though.
The former was supposedly the only REAL friend she had in Canterlot, but we've never seen or heard of him despite her many visits there.

Same deal with Cadence, who was literally the "Alircorn outta nowhere" Princess while still being close to Twilight. You'd think we'd see or hear at least a little of them beforehand, but this show's pretty meh when it comes to coherency on certain things.

Both also have very little character and no real build up to the relationship they share, already having their "Happily Ever After" for the most part. Can't really say I care about them much at all. I honestly hope after their foal's born, that's the last we see of them.
>>
Asspullery - The episode. Fun, but don't think too much about the setting.
>>
>>26061349
>>26061376
>>26061388
don't forget how ridiculous it was that she didn't know they were getting married until she got the invitation

you'd think that at the end it would be explained by chrysalis wanting to avoid detection, but if you think back that doesn't really make sense, unless you believe that SA actually proposed to chrysalis disguised as cadance. and why would that be? her motivation for disguising as cadance WAS the marriage.

in other words, chrysalis, a sworn enemy of equestria, knew about shining armor's marriage before his sister did.

I'm not close to one of my brothers at all, in fact I probably see him once every couple of years, but when he got engaged, I knew the very next day. why didn't twilight's parents tell her? has she literally not spoken/written to them in the entire duration of her brother's engagement? what kind of shitty daughter is she?
>>
File: clip+(2015-04-05+at+11.58.36).jpg (106 KB, 509x720) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2015-04-05+at+11.58.36).jpg
106 KB, 509x720
DESU, all the complaints about asspullery, while legitimate, are an inherent part of any TV show, animated or not. It's either add new stuff on or run out of things to explore, and unless the exact run of the show is planned out beforehand, it's rather inescapable.
>>
>>26061712
Goddamn it 4chan

I wasn't even doing the t b h f a m thing
>>
>>26061388
>the setting.

I think you're misusing that word. The setting is Equestria/Canterlot Castle. Do you mean "premise?"
>>
>>26061701
All of this, but probably she didn't read the letters she's gotten over the years - which complies to your argument.
>>
>>26061298
>slowbro.jpeg
>>
>>26061349
This is pretty sweet, any more archive links for episode threads besides the stickies?
>>
>>26061964
That's not the sticky, anon (there weren't any IIRC).
Just MLPG's own archive dating back to 15th of December 2010.
Looking up the air dates and doing a bit of Ctrl-Fu should help you find any reaction 4chan had to the new episodes since Swarm of the Century to the end of S2.
By S3, /mlp/ actually segregated form MLPG culturally so you'd get different kind of reactions from these than what you're potentially looking for.

http://mlpg.co/hyperindex/
>>
>>26062168
>Looking up the air dates and doing a bit of Ctrl-Fu should help you find any reaction 4chan had to the new episodes since Swarm of the Century to the end of S2.
that's actually a good idea, thanks
>>
>>26062168
>By S3, /mlp/ actually segregated form MLPG culturally so you'd get different kind of reactions from these than what you're potentially looking for.
>all links are from 2013
Wew
>>
File: 1450442299539.png (341 KB, 1280x713) Image search: [Google]
1450442299539.png
341 KB, 1280x713
>>26061298
Anon did you just watch season two or something?
>>
File: 1398292450494.png (208 KB, 1010x589) Image search: [Google]
1398292450494.png
208 KB, 1010x589
>>26061298

it was
>>
>>26062830
>all links are from 2013

Bottom of the page, anon. You can change the year there.
It's a fuckton of thread, of course it's not all displayed on a single page.
>>
>>26061298
It was the first sign that the Faustian era had ended, giving way to the McCarthian era.
>>
>>26063165
The argument presented there is fine, except that most people seem to forget that Chrysalis actually tried to bait Twilight into taking out Cadence. If that had worked, there would have been no way to stop her.
>>
>>26064776
Queen Cheeselegs sabotaged her own plan by sending Twilight down to... whatever place that was.
>>
>>26063165
Don't forget the white princess behaved pretty shitty to her "most faithful" whateverwhat, and Purple even forgave her

leaves a bad taste for the assumed grandeur
>>
>>26061298
I said "fuck you" outloud.
>>
>>26063165
I forgive the whole thing because of the main song and more importantly Chrysalis and the changelings. I mean my god, how often do you see changelings in any form in modern media?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.