[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she autistic? What do people with autism think of her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: Maud rocking out.gif (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Maud rocking out.gif
2 MB, 800x600
Is she autistic? What do people with autism think of her?
>>
>>26050150
It's funny how people forget there are different spectrums of autism.

-autist
>>
>>26050150
According to the only good"""brony"""reviewer, yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JygnNCvLgWM
>>
>>26050150

She just likes rocks and doesn't react much. Probably healthy as granite mentally.
>>
>>26050150
I dunno
What do you think OP
>>
>>26050162
But do you personally see her on the spectrum?
>>
>>26050197
No
>>
No OP, she's just stoned.
>>
>>26050210
And why's that?
>>
>>26050174
Excellent.
>>
>>26050150
no, she isn't
problem solved
>>
>>26050150

Yes she is
>>
>>26050229

She takes care of it
>>
She does share typical autistic features, most obviously the fact that she has difficulty showing emotion. But this and everything else about her was most certainly just character traits added together with no intention of allegory or even being similar to autists.
>>
>>26050174
Skip to 8:54 for the part where he talks about Maud being autistic.
>>
>>26050174
>constantly talks about himself
>"now I know what you're thinking"
>5 minutes later and he's still talking about himself.

This shit is awful anon.
>>
>>26050413
Yeah the beginning of this episode is really slow.

See >>26050409. It gets much better.
>>
>>26050150
As a legit autist, my opinion of her boils down to "meh". As for diagnosis, we don't have nearly enough data from so few appearances and there are any number of other possibilities. For one, she could just be weird, but neurotypical.
>>
>>26050150
Asspie here, and she definitely reminds me of an aut with her inability to express herself in the same way as normal ponies, her fascination with a specific topic over everything else, and her tendency to take phrases as literal things ("it doesn't speak, it's a dress").
>>
>>26050427
I did, I fast forwarded through his bullshit, but it was just more bullshit throughtout the whole 20 minutes.

Talking about how 4chan is shit and how i'm going to go blog about his opinions.

There was just 2 minutes of maud analysis among me me me and shit jokes.
>>
>>26050466
Wow, good job blogging about your opinions on 4chan. 4chan is shit.
>>
She's meant to be Pinkie's polar opposite. Adding irony to the fact that they are related. Nothing more nothing, less.

We can stop with the retarded, obsessive labeling now.
>>
>>26050150
I don't know you tell me
>>
>>26050150
>Is she autistic?
Most likely

>What do people with autism think of her?
potato
>>
>>26050150
People with autism are like animals, they don't really "think" in the sense that humans do.
>>
>>26050150
Who cares? I don't even think that's possible for them
>>
As a guy with autism I hated her and the plot.
Ok the guest character is a silent/deadpan type autist. And? And? Next? Nothing.
They don't fix her autism.
They don't address her personality.
They don't show what happens when an autist meets an asshole or a honest straight person, etc.
She doesn't smile with glee and excitement once. Her smile towards Pinkie is still emotionless, yes Mud Pie managed to make a smile as unenergetic as possible.

She comes off as an uncaring, depressed, moronic psychopath.
If we imply more she's smug, superior, princessy treats you with silence.

I have never seen such an insanely accurate depiction of autism for what they were making. Except that some, if not, most autists are less boring than the grey pony.

Most cartoons would rather go with the weird but quirky, eccentric but fun, autistic but a total normalfag at desires and mentality.
What's with Arnold for example.

Maud instead is a very 0 dimensional type of autist. As boring as a puddle.
Typical of the seasons 2+ writing. Which are anti-fun as possible. Yes Anti-fun. They aim to be as boring as humanly possible.
Hasbro loves doing everything ass-backwards. Instead of being a good toy company with fun-loving cartoons for children they instead hate progress, hate quality, hate everything.
Hasbro is nihilist.
>>
>>26051616
Nice novel, now what does it say?
>>
>>26051623
You lazy son of a gun.

Brony-pandering Hasbro Studios creates Maud Pie, a very boring autist who remains a boring autist by the end of the episode.
>>
>>26050150

I don't think she is autistic, she just has a flattened affect.
>>
>>26050197
m8 everyone is on the spectrum; it ranges from the most normal pf neurotypicals to barneyfag, hence the definition of the word spectrum.
>>
>>26051897
Most autists deliver their lines and emotions in a flat unresponsive way.
>>
File: 1299827572337.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1299827572337.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>26051955
>>
>>26051955
But at least they don't do it in an obnoxious self-absorbed way to drop also their spaghetti out of their pockets.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 736x686) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 736x686
>>26051616
Self-diagnosed autism isn't autism.
>>
>>26051444
Trips confirm
>>
>>26050368
I'm on a much different scale of the spectrum, where instead of having difficulty showing emotion, it comes out in a spray when I don't mean to, and I come off as bratty and overdramatic when I can't help it. Besides, they couldn't even do that, this show is for kids. FOR. KIDS. Slice of Life's mere existence is risky enough to set off conservative parents with the return of Derpy and the implications in the Lyra/Sweetie Drops story.
>>
>>26050150
She is a good example of how children with Asperger behave in general.
>>
>>26050150
Has trouble displaying emotion, often fails to understand social cues, has one particular interest which she relates everything to, demonstrates exceptional talent in her area of interest.

Yeah, she seems to be autistic. Leaning more toward the high-functioning end of the spectrum, though.
>>
>>26051444
I don't think you have much experience with autistic people.
>>
Autistic bump
>>
>>26052564
>conservative parents with the return of Derpy
It was never conservative parents to begin with. Just tumlrites posing as them to remove thing they don't like from the show.
>>
>>26050150
I think that Twilight Sparkle has Asperger's.
>>
Special needs bump
>>
>>26050150
Being schizoprehnic (but to a low degree, can almost function normally without meds) I would say she has low emotional intelligence and emotions like me.
People always ask me if I am mad when I feel like I am putting a totally neutral face, my face isn't expressive, like Maud's.
>>
>>26054897
Sperg here, got this too.
People think that the low emotional stuff comes from the low amount of oxytocin and a follow up in the hormonal balances and such.
>>
File: RavenMainPic.jpg (23 KB, 690x493) Image search: [Google]
RavenMainPic.jpg
23 KB, 690x493
you could argue for ponified teen titan, just minus the whole,"My dad's a demon" thing
>>
>>26057224
Don't we have goth pony from Canterlot Boutique for that?
>>
>>26057429

https://youtu.be/zzR1lJNFzCg
>>
>>26050150
She's a robot.
>>
File: Fallout 4 Synth.gif (467 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 Synth.gif
467 KB, 500x278
>>26059240
Shes a synth
>>
>>26050174
I think Brony Notion is good too.

>What do you guys think?
>>
>>26050150
I always liked to think she was bipolar, that she is constantly depressed but has the occational hypomanic episode which turns her into a bitch
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.