[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should the next villain be a technology based one? I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
Should the next villain be a technology based one? I feel like it would be a nice change of pace.
>>
>>26043357
Nah
>>
>>26043357
so a terminator?
>>
>>26043357
If this happens it will take place in EQG's and it will be a dude
>>
>>26043382
Not nesscarilly, I was thinking of maybe some kind of scientist who vaules technology over friendship. He would build robots and other stuff to overthrow the princessses.

>>26043386
I wish SciTwi was more of a mad scientist like we originally thought
>>
File: large.jpg (1 MB, 1280x765) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
1 MB, 1280x765
Only if technology is used to defeat the villain so it doesn't come off as being luddite and instead seems more like a lesson about responsible use of technology, like an homage to Casshern (the original, not the grimdark remake Casshern Sins) where a mad pony scientist makes a magitech robot that rather than the cliche of setting out to kill or enslave all ponies it would more realistically inadvertently bring harm to ponies while attempting to carry out its intended function in the most efficient way possible and the only way to stop it is to augment the Mane 6 with powered suits to defeat it.
>>
>>26043357
on the topic of villains, would a group of villain friends (common goal, can't be convinced wrong by twilight) pose a threat to the elements? it seems the power of the elements is really most useful when fighting friendless beings.
>>
>>26045290
I now want to see the Mane six in six varieties of power suits/armor from six different works of fiction. Which pony gets which suits, anons?
>>
>>26045367
So using friendship against friendship?
>>
>>26045290
OH!
YOU MEAN METAL GEAR RISING?!

I wanna see Twilight trying to destroy Excelsus
only to find out about the power of NANOMACHINES SON
>>
>>26043357
>more shitty out of place technology
Fuck no
>>
>>26045580
Really? I played Metal Gear Rising and it didn't have that in the main story. Is that from a DLC?
>>
>>26045541
yes, would the elements work against a group that was truly friends and believed their cause was the right thing to do?
>>
>>26045613
Well I know about the robot fight and the NANOMACHINES SON but what about the part about an out of control AI?
>>
>>26045600
Just replace ''mad pony scientist makes a robot'' with ''mad pony motherfucker hired people to make war as a business by building giant robots''
>>
File: SmoozeFIM.png (276 KB, 847x753) Image search: [Google]
SmoozeFIM.png
276 KB, 847x753
>>26043357
self-replicating nanomachines.
no pony or normal being can stop it, it feeds on mass and energy.
it consumes all.
they have to rely on the one thing that can do the same:
>pic related
>>
>>26045625
It's unclear, for one thing it could still work because they are imposing thier will and getting in the way other friendships. But if they truly don't mean any malice, then it might affect them. Honestly the rules of the elements are kinda made up as they go along

>>26045627
The AI stuff is more from the other mgs games, most notably from Peace Walker and mgs2
>>
>>26045627
>out of control AI
You mean...?

In the DLC, of course...?
>>
>>26045662
For such a joke charcter, he was actually pretty effective
>>
>>26045593
I think we're already at the point of no return with that. Hell since this would be the first time technology is plot point they might actually explain why they have the inconsistency
>>
>>26045769
I think the inconsistency is easily explained. If there is a magic spell that can replicate the functions of a modern tech device, it won't get invented. In fact, Doc Time Tuner said himself in Slice of Life that he spent a long time trying to figure out a technological means of time travel only to find out in an anticlimactic fashion that there is already a magic spell that can do that (from It's About Time). Based on that little tidbit, I suspect that ponies won't bother making advanced tech if magic can accomplish it more easily.

It's kind of like the reverse of how magecraft works in the Nasuverse.
>>
>>26045836
But don't you think they would still need to develop those technologies? Not everyone is a unicorn
>>
>>26045884
1/3 of the population would like to keep such an advantage. without it, they are just earth ponies with no strength.
>>
>>26045884
Don't they have like spell-in-a-can type magical items that can let non-unicorns cast spells like the scrolls and staffs from the Elder Scrolls games?
>>
>>26045978
All the scrolls and amulets in the show seam to only operate with unicorn/alicorn magic. At least pegsi get to control the weather and fly. Earth ponies get litrally nonthing. We're told they can grow food better, but I don't see why unicorns can't just magic food into existence. In fact, Twilight actually used a spell to turn things into oranges
>>
>>26045678
They'd likely go with a "battle of wills" and force the mane 6 to question enemies motives more in the future
>>
Next villain will be someone Twilight will have to befriend
>>
File: 1331261820158.jpg (31 KB, 350x361) Image search: [Google]
1331261820158.jpg
31 KB, 350x361
>>26046070
>befriend
>>
File: 1429479882199.jpg (135 KB, 1024x775) Image search: [Google]
1429479882199.jpg
135 KB, 1024x775
>>26043443
>SciTwi was more of a mad scientist

don't we all.
>>
>>26046063
>force the mane 6 to question enemies motives more in the future
I don't know, mlp almost always has a "person A is clearly wrong, so person X must teach them a lesson" narrative. There just isn't much nuance, especially in the big event epsiodes. Only Larson really likes to play with more heavyish stuff, but only to the extent Hasbro and Meghan allow. This is still a show for little girls in the end after all.
>>
>>26046158
understanding one another should be a core value in relationships, it would work if the writers cared for the extra complication.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.