[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/RdiO8EF0QmE Horse Women part 2 came out today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: yes.gif (468 KB, 245x118) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
468 KB, 245x118
https://youtu.be/RdiO8EF0QmE
Horse Women part 2 came out today
>>
>>26021890
7.5/10 Made me watch the previous episodes.
>>
>>26021890
There was already a thread, but nice to see some positivity about the series.
>>26022246
I agree. 7.5/10, bretty gud.
>>
>>26021890
A thread died for this.
>>
>>26022246
>>26022261
Fuck it, I've been having a shitty week, might as well rewatch for the nostalgia and keks
>>
>>26022308
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n05DtYjPYAU
This relieves me. Maybe you will too.
>>
>>26022265
it was a Eqg thread
>>
>>26021890
>The episode was delayed for a year because they "couldn't finish the song."
>Meanwhile Griffin, the writer of the FiW music, has made five new songs and a handful of videos during this time on his other channel.

Griffin's a retard and a failure.
>>
>>26023785
No stupid ass. Do you even read?
>btw, no, it did not take us 2 years to make a 6 minute video. We've both been very busy doing other life stuff. This video has been done for over a year, just never published.
>>
>>26024167
Griffin explained that the reason they never published it is because they never finished the song.
>>
>>26024510
If you're referring to
>There was going to be an additional scene at the end; a musical sequence where the evil orange girl confronts the evil purple girl in the hallway, and they sing a reprise of "Princess of the Night."

It's not the song that delayed them. It's the scene. Regardless, as he had explained himself, it's not just one thing that delayed them. You would be daft to think that a song would cost them 2 years worth of production. That's pretty stupid thinking.
>>
>>26024614
Griffin explained on his livestreams and his blog that it was the song that delayed the video being released. He claimed that he couldnt finish the song for the musical sequence at the end and so he had no way of finishing the video until today when they finally decided to upload the video without that musical sequence.

Why else do you think the video wasnt uploaded for over a year despite the thing being "done for over a year?"

Saying they've been "really busy" is always bullshit for "we didnt want to do it." Both Jenny and Griffin have been doing other stuff in their free time besides fiw.
>>
>>26024705

I got the impression that the problem wasn't making the song, but making it WORK, like make sense and not suck, and logically integrating it into the episode. It's hard to make it look like he characters are singing when they're actually not. Making a Twilight-Sunset duo song out of EqG1 must have been a lot harder than they expected.
>>
File: 1438731703595.png (58 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1438731703595.png
58 KB, 300x169
>>26024755
You took the words right out of my mouth.
>>
>>26024791
Did you miss the part where I told you that Griffin said the song was never finished in the first place? Is that hard to understand?
>>
>24 seconds in
>fucking stupid wah wah trombone
Nah. I think I'll pass.
>>
Eh, like the rest of FiW not too great but good enough to watch for a laugh
>>
>>26024826
Well if you think about it.
The scenes are made firstly. That would mean the song comes in next. Therefore you have to make the song "fit in" to the scenes. By the nature of Griffin's goal, you can't finish the song, unless it blends well with the scenes, considering that the song must always change in favor of the scenes.

So to finish the song, that would mean, finishing the entire thing. I think that's what he means at least. Because it never really blended well with the scenes. I can't show proof or some shit, just logic, but I can tell you this, I don't believe that the main reason on why the thing was delayed was because of the song composition.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.