[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, since an outlier tends to skew these S5 polls, here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: derp.png (222 KB, 762x626) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
222 KB, 762x626
Alright, since an outlier tends to skew these S5 polls, here's a question for you /mlp/. Worst S5 episode that is NOT Princess Spike.

http://strawpoll.me/6454012
>>
>>25998248
Great job OP, you forgot to exclude What About Discord!
You know what this means right?
>>
>>25998248
Brotherhooves social was utter shit.
>>
>>25998299
That episode? I see a lot more mixed opinions about it than I do Princess Spike.
>>
File: new.png (45 KB, 483x499) Image search: [Google]
new.png
45 KB, 483x499
>>25998311
Reminder that even if it had a decent moral, Big Mac's VA is a SJW retard who completely got it wrong.
>>
>>25998358
My only real problem with it is that watching it was about as enjoyable as drinking malted battery acid.
>>
>>25998320
>I see a lot more mixed opinions
The hell are you talking about? The only nice thing I heard anyone say about that epsiode was that they liked was the Bob Ross reference
>>
>>25998418
As opposed to Princess Spike, where I know many people who stopped watching it halfway through.
>>
>>25998248
After Princess Spike? Slice of Life.
>>
>>25998435
I see the no fun patrol has arrived in full force. You really have to be a bitter and nasty crone not to enjoy slice of life.
>>
File: 1376162978450.png (117 KB, 421x338) Image search: [Google]
1376162978450.png
117 KB, 421x338
>I'm the only one who voted for The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows?
Literally how
It was so fucking bad
>>
>>25998448
This. Slice of Life was great.
>B-but muh headcannons!
Literally the only thing that almost comes close to being a terrible argument.
>>
>>25998435
I'd say it's
What about Discord, Party Pooped, and then SoL

>>25998448
>if you don't find memes funny you're a nasty crone
lmao, is this what redditors actually believe?
>>
>>25998248

What About Discord, for sure. Other than the Bob Ross gag, there was nothing redeemable about the episode; it was a two minute joke dragged out to a miserable twenty, and felt nothing like MLP. It was more like Johnny Test or SpongeBob, than anything.

Neal Dusedau is basically the new Merriweather Williams.
>>
>>25998358
This almost put me off the episode. I couldn't stop imagining how much of a faggot Peter New is.

Found it great that everyone didn't give Mac special treatment for dressing up like a mare though. Some ponies even seemed angry about it.
>>
>>25998453
It's probably going to seem less bad in hindsight because it was designed to make sure Cadance/SA having a kid wasn't another "oh hey Twilight has a brother" scenario.
>>
>>25998448
I'm all for fun but that episode gave me mixed feelings. The Vinyl Scratch and Octavia bit was cool as hell, but the part with Bon Bon being a secret agent was too "out there".
>>
AMW
>>
>>25998510
They were angry that he became a fucking asshole when he was going to win. There was nothing about gender or the idea of that Big Mac can only talk when he wears a dress. New is just a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1433899933478.gif (777 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1433899933478.gif
777 KB, 500x476
>>25998248
I'm glad it was a hard choice to make.
>>
File: spooky blini cat.gif (156 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
spooky blini cat.gif
156 KB, 400x400
>>25998248
Already knew What About Discord was going to be far ahead of the others.
Don't you know it's a fucking meme to hate that one also?
>>
>>25998537
That's right, he's a total idiot. I was referring to the general attitude of the ponies before he screwed the competition, though. Everyone gave him odd looks while Applebloom and RD immediately seemed offput by the whole thing.
>>
>>25998607
I thought Appleoosa's Most Wanted would be higher. Personally I don't see the hate for that one. What About Discord? is partially because the writer is kind of a dick I think.
>>
>>25998661
It's implied that they were thinking "Why is that stallion in a dress, does he think you have to do that if you want to compete with your sibling? Whatever, let him be."

The only thing that's weird is that none of the judges said "You know Big Mac, you don't have to be an actual sister to compete with this."
>>
>>25998695
That's riight, yes. That's even explicitly stated at the beginning of the episode shortly before Big Mac devises his plan. Can't imagine why he would forget that important detail. Rewatching this has to suck.

As much as I believe there's been good examples of the "exposition > !problem! > solution" format this season, it also means this shit can get through. Peter wanted a man in a dress and he went through a hoop to get it done for almost no reason.
>>
>>25998777
Nah, I don't think any of that got through in the writing. Peter New just insists that it was despite it clearly not being that.
>>
File: shit.png (408 KB, 1380x765) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
408 KB, 1380x765
>>25998792
Shit, my bad. Forgot he's not even to do with the writing. He's just spouting bullshit to seem important.
>>
File: Jayson Thiessen.png (545 KB, 934x818) Image search: [Google]
Jayson Thiessen.png
545 KB, 934x818
>>25998320
I can't imagine why someone would find merit in this episode to the same degree of any other. It felt like everything in this episode was spelled out for you, and after that you had to sit there and watch boring shit happen for twenty minutes.

I was legitimately hoping that Discord DID cast a spell because everyone was so out of character. Neal needs to look at pic related, it's actually sort of impressive.
>>
>>25998803
He just is very upset that the biggest thing in his career is a show where he won't get many speaking roles.

Honestly kind of pisses me off when VAs like him complain about not getting enough fame, the amount of time they put in has to be miniscule compared to the amount of time the art/animation/writing/production staff does and 90% of the time they have no clue.
>>
>>25998860
Nah, the IDW staff needs that. Neal needs another page that just says "This isn't Spongebob, Johnny Test, or Fish Hooks. It's a different kind of show that's written in a different way.
>>
>>25998320
I just can't get past how none of the jokes are jokes, but the ponies are laughing like it's the funniest thing they've ever seen/heard, and then the second they realize Discord had fun with them to make Twilight feel bad, they stop finding the jokes funny completely on a dime. I just don't get it at all. It's meme humor and it makes me want to strangle someone.
>>
>>25999029
I get what they were trying to do, but if they were trying to imply that they gave Discord a taste of his own medicine when they realized why he was pushing the jokes so hard, why didn't they realize that when he was clearly hamming it up especially when Twilight was around?

They couldn't tell that Discord was doing it all to fuck with Twilight until he fucking spelled it out that he was? Are you kidding me? He was super obvious.
>>
>>25999106
There's a point to suspension of disbelief that what may be obvious to the audience for a variety of reasons might not be so obvious to the characters in the story. In this case, they had all spent what was apparently a pretty great weekend getting close to Discord and had little reason to suspect him, coupled with Twilight having overreacted to things before. If anything Twilight's suspicions not rubbing off was much more suspect because it's happened before when she was right. I guess that's just how the rest of the main six are now; "Oh Twilight's overreacting to some potential threat? How silly of her being so paranoid!"
>>
>>25999192
If one of my friends constantly kept bringing up shit that I did with them around another friend not with us and did it whenever I was around them, I'd suspect something odd.

It was just weird how oblivious the rest of the characters were about how Twilight and Discord were acting. Suspension of disbelief is the right word. There's no conceivable way that I can really believe they wouldn't see Twilight being so stressed or Discord clearly trying to push something so much.
>>
>>25999249
Well, they have done that before about disregarding Twilight's feelings multiple times. ACW and LZ for instance. That seems to be a general weakness of the overall show rather than the episode specifically.
>>
>>25999296
No, this episode went to an extreme. Even disregarding Twilight's feeling doesn't explain them seeing Discord, whose entire thing is unpredictable chaos, pulling the same joke again and again, and ALWAYS around Twilight.

It's suspicious. Even if they had a weekend that was fun it just seems weird. And then the way that they just drop it at the end makes you wonder if they were just playing along to fuck with Twi too.
>>
>>25999337
Convenient coincidences, I'm guessing. Again suspension of disbelief here that maybe the characters didn't find it suspicious just because it only ever happened while an audience was watching the scene.

And why wouldn't they have turned on Discord after finding out he was using them? I'd certainly expect them to stop laughing at a joke after knowing the reason behind it.
>>
>>25999431
Because stupidly they couldn't put two and two together until Discord told them.
>>
I'm glad somebody else was able to see how shit Party Pooped was
>>
>>25998358
>trying to make some profound social statement
>on a fucking episode of My Little Pony
>>
I don't think WAD? was great, but it wasn't bad either. It was at least a little cute to see Twilight get so jealous.
>>
>>25998248
Am I the only one getting this shit for strawpoll?
>>
File: grin.png (432 KB, 1055x1057) Image search: [Google]
grin.png
432 KB, 1055x1057
>>25999512
>This is the biggest thing he'll do in his career
>>
>>25998453
I was gonna vote for that one too.
BS how exaggerated and childish they made Pinkie's behavior in trying to keep a simple secret.

Other than her acting like she's holding her piss for days, nothing happened in that episode.

Also, I don't understand how having a baby is so special enough that Shining Armor and Cadence made a retarded scavenger hunt. Literally the whitest thing.

I ended up wanting to change my answer to Scare Master because of how shitty and useless Fluttershy was written again.

But then I settled on What About Discord. That shit was bad. Every character sucked in this ep.
>>
>>25999755
It wasn't just any secret. It was a Pinkie Promise.
>>
>>25998248
I don't think that this season had any episodes that were really THAT bad (except for Princess Spike, of course). Not every episode was necessarily a hit, but none of them really sucked.
>>
The 100th episode was almost as bad as Double Rainboom and EqG.
But the 100th episode is actually canon, so it's that much worse.
>>
>>25999798
Neal Dusedau should probably be fired.
>>
>>25999296
At least ACW and LZ tried to give reasons for the scenario, while in What About Discord the situation is tied together with literally nothing

Lesson Zero may have been memetastic but
>follows up on Twilight's S1 anxiety
>the characters show concern once Twilight became distraught enough
>The (spoken!) moral at the end even addressed that it's important to pay attention
>Introduces the new episode moral system well while not being a forced-event episode

ACW isn't exactly innocent but Twi's suspicions were much easier to deflect since it's almost akin to a conspiracy in a city/background they didn't live in. Twilight is even commended at the end. If anything we need the spoken morals back desu, what happened to writing in the S4 diary?
>>
>>26000181
Again, Dusedau probably got a vague idea of something but no idea how to implement it.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.