[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Celestia, being over 1000 years old and having fought in numerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 19
File: image.gif (483 KB, 360x271) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
483 KB, 360x271
Celestia, being over 1000 years old and having fought in numerous wars, obviously must spar with someone to maintain her skill.
Who is the Princess's sparring partner, /mlp/?
Hard mode: Write some green along with your choice about a round in the ring with Celestia.
>>
File: Chuck-norris-002.jpg (18 KB, 400x498) Image search: [Google]
Chuck-norris-002.jpg
18 KB, 400x498
>>25987566
>Who is the Princess's sparring partner, /mlp/?
Pic related
>Write some green along with your choice about a round in the ring with Celestia.
No fuck you and your greentext shit
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
>>25987566
Carlos the PUNisher.
Doesn't even need green.
>>
File: image.jpg (297 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
297 KB, 1131x707
>>25987566
>RD decides to try her luck against Celestia after an offer of a fun fight.
>Gets tossed around like a ragdoll.
Not bothering with too much more green for this.
>>
File: 1451766083185.jpg (274 KB, 800x826) Image search: [Google]
1451766083185.jpg
274 KB, 800x826
>>25987566
The only one worthy is Sapph obviously
>>
File: image.png (99 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99 KB, 400x400
>>25987566
Little Pony
Little Mac
>>
>>25987566
Saitama vs Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Twilight and Discord.
>>
She doesn't fight with anyone to maintain shit. Every time there is a problem in Equestria, Celestia proves time and time again that she has practically no ability to do anything to help anything. Luna shows up and she disappears. Discord fucks shit up and she disappears. She's forced into a confrontation with Chrysalis and she straight up fucking loses. Honestly, why do we even need a Celestia? What does she actually do?
>>
>>25988303
Why do I like the idea of Mac being Celestia's favorite challenger.
>>
>>25988891
>can mantain herself in power despite her lack of prowess to protect her frightful, short-sighted citizenry
Well, we have to give her that; she's a good politician.
>>
File: 1451782458463.png (2 MB, 8000x6990) Image search: [Google]
1451782458463.png
2 MB, 8000x6990
>>25987643
>says fuck green
>writes in green anyway
>>
>>25987566
>having fought in numerous wars
What?
>must spar with someone to maintain her skill
Nigga she's a magical sun horse, why would she need to spar?
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 625x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 625x374
>>25988898
Because it's a good one. One of few crossovers I would welcome green of.
>>
>>25987566
she spars with bugbutt :^)
>>
File: image.gif (447 KB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
447 KB, 245x175
>>25989053
Well, she fought Sombra the first time, Tirek, and it's implied she and Luna both went up against Discord at least once before using the Elements.
>>
>>25989026
Maybe if she had some competition, that would be true. The reason Celestia has stayed in power as long as she has is probably just because the ponies are just too passive to want a change in leadership. None of them are exceptionally ambitious, and none of them question whether or not Celestia is actually needed for the sun to rise and set even after it was proven that we don't need Luna for the moon. Whatever problems the ponies can fix for themselves, they do so. Whatever they can't fix just stays unfixed. There are still diamond dogs just in the outskirts of Ponyville. There is still a goddamn HYDRA right outside Ponyville. Celestia isn't doing shit about it, and yet the ponies don't feel the need to complain. Ponies have to be the most easily placated beings ever to be conceived, and Celestia doesn't deserve any goddamn praise for being able to rule for as long as she has.
>>
>>25989132
Name one thing other than Sombra that the ponies have had to defeat with anything other than love and toleration or some silly antics that really just makes the threat itself look like a childish mockery. Give a reason why this entity is even worth Celestia's time.

>inb4 omg the everfree even thought it doesn't seem to ever cause any real problems.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 500x530
>>25989132
Yeah, and the Hydra and Dogs never do jack to anyone unless they're stupid enough to wander directly into their territory.
Celestia's doing better than most human world leaders did in a similar time period by not straight up telling her people to hunt them to extinction.
That, and she's held her rule because she was the only Alicorn in the world for just under 1000 years. Even existing under that kind of pressure and still maintaining a stable kingdom and rule shows major leadership skills.
>>
File: john-cena-thumbsup.png (120 KB, 356x325) Image search: [Google]
john-cena-thumbsup.png
120 KB, 356x325
>>25987566
"Alright Anon, which one of your pathetic ape champions have you brought to me in a pathetic attempt stop me"
>"oh no one special just a former marine and wwe champion who happens to be named JOHN CENA!"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WHWmOEVd63E
John Cena runs into the ring as he clotheslines celestia causing her to fall flat on her back
As celestia gets up she stumbles right into John Cenas waiting hands as he lifts her up and does the attitude adjustment on her through the portal she came from with so much power that when she hits the floor on the other side, the impact causes a explosion so big it vaporizes half of equestria and kills celestia but one thing is for certain....the champ is still here
>>
File: street luna.jpg (136 KB, 822x973) Image search: [Google]
street luna.jpg
136 KB, 822x973
Luna.
>>
File: 1450192223087.jpg (59 KB, 625x595) Image search: [Google]
1450192223087.jpg
59 KB, 625x595
>>25988303
>>25989078
Why not?

>Little Mac shrugs off his running hoodie, tossing it to the side as he sidles up to the bag in the corner.
>He throws a few halfhearted jabs, but keeps one eye on the door.
>After he's been at it for about five minutes, the wooden floor creaks behind him and he spins around, grinning.
>"How've you been, Mac?"
>He strolls past the Princess after a quick bow, swinging himself up into the ring.
>"Oh, right down to business, hm?"
>Celestia gives a single flap of her majestic wings, landing gracefully in the other corner.
>Her horn sparks once and the bell on the side of the ring dings, cuing Mac to step out of his corner, still grinning smugly.
>The two square off in the center of the ring, dancing for a few moments before Mac initiates the real fight with a right jab.
>His glove glances off of Celestia's jawbone, allowing her to bring one hoof up and plow it into his stomach.
>abs.exe
>Mac wraps an arm around Celestia's hoof, pushing her backward into the corner and burying his face between her front hooves as he shoves.
>Once she's up against the corner, he goes to town, pumping fist after fist into her abdomen.
>She pounds downward onto his back with her hooves, but to no avail, as the little man is just a bit too strong.
>Her horn sparks, and Mac is thrown back, skidding across the floor for a few feet as Celestia regains her posture.
>"Well, Mac. That was certainly something new. Of course, you do realize they don't call it the Solar plexus for nothing, right?"
>She rears up, showing off the utter lack of damage his chain of attacks dealt to her.
>Mac shrugs, a new fire in his eyes now, one shared by Celestia.
>"Well, ready for round two already? An impressive stamina boost you've gotten, Mac. I like it."

More if it's wanted, none if not.

pic related is mfw both Mac and Celestia see fighting as foreplay. No wonder they're perfect sparring partners.
>>
File: bowser.jpg (21 KB, 448x469) Image search: [Google]
bowser.jpg
21 KB, 448x469
>>25987566
Pony Princess VS. Koopa King
>>
>>25989406
Just write, stupid.
>>
>>25987566
No, she doesn't spar with anyone, that's why she's so soft and jobs all the time.

I mean seriously, she jobbed at least 5 times off-screen in the Season 5 finale
>Losing the war against Sombra
>Lost to Chrysalis
>Lost to NMM
>Lost to Tirek
>Lost to Discord

Old Celly needs to train, but since she's a ruler/role model she doesn't have the time (also she can't really afford to be seen as violent during peace-times, she's supposed to be a BENEVOLENT ruler and has to preserve her image).
>>
Alright fuckers, brace for autism.

>>25989179
I wasn't thinking of Everfree, but that it is a pretty good example of pony passiveness. The only reason it's not a problem is because the ponies just don't care enough to expand into it. If population or some other reason ever compelled them to expand into it, it would become a problem. Whether or not Celestia could fix it, I don't know. She certainly doesn't have the best track record.

Anyway, the fact that the ponies have to rely on nonsense friendship magic time and time again to fix their problems is not a good thing. Every time they resort to it, shit falls a hair's width short of ruin. If Twilight had just said fuck it the first time Discord showed up, Ponyville would be swirling pit of nonsense until something worked up a plan to deal with it. The same is true about pretty much every problem solved this way, and all things considered, it's a miracle the Equestria isn't just a big, smoldering crater.
>>25989199
Both the hydra and dogs starkly inhibit expansion. Again, the ponies are so passive that they don't need to expand. Still, the fact of the matter is that if the ponies needed to expand, they could not because of those aforementioned things. Nobody, least of all Celestia, seems to have any plan to deal with that. That's also arguing as if it were acceptable to let ponies wander onto those territories and to get eaten or enslaved. I mean, it's their own fault, but ponies are stupid, and those territories and dangers to them.
Also the necessity of an alicorn is kind of dubious. According to the Equestira history play thing, they got by well enough without one.
>>
File: 1451476886405.jpg (66 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451476886405.jpg
66 KB, 400x400
>>25988174
>glowing colour
It always bugs me.
Why should magic glow ?
It gives away information of what you use to the enemy, and energy obviously need to be used to generate the light.

I think wizards that use glowing spells are clueless morons that don't understand what they use. I don't care how many years you lived, glowy spell = drooling retard.
>>
File: 1450665023321.gif (1 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
1450665023321.gif
1 MB, 294x233
>>25989429
Fine, then.

>Mac steps back into the center of the ring this time, but his posture is different, more defensive.
>Celestia comes in low, sweeping under him with a kick, knowing Mac usually skips leg day.
>Unfortunately, her slender legs are just small enough for him to jump, casting a right cross downward as he goes.
>His fist smashes perfectly into Celestia's cheek, causing her to spin on one hoof for a second.
>As she recovers, Mac steps in for a left uppercut, but is taken by surprise when Celestia flaps her wings straight out, propelling herself a quarter of the way across the ring and landing behind him.
>He spins around just in time to catch two golden-shod hooves in the stomach, throwing him across the arena and landing him on his back, gasping to replace the air that's been forcibly ejected from his lungs.
>Celestia steps over him, leaning down next to his ear and whispering.
>"Looks like I win round two. You had better pick up your game, Mac."
>The boxer plants his fists beneath him, pushing up and regaining his feet with a slight grunt and an even slighter grin.
>If she wanted a climactic round three, that was exactly what he was going to give her.
>>
>>25989469
>they got by well enough without one
They literally turned their first country and very nearly their next country into Siberia. Did we watch the same play?
>>
>>25989099
Those really aren't "wars" as much as they are individual brawls or confrontations, but whatever. Regardless they used magic
>>
>>25987566
Actually, I always had this headcanon that Luna was the fighter and was stronger in terms of magical ability because of it.

It just generally fits her personality better, Celestia is too passive to be combative generally speaking. Luna being the military one would also contribute to explaining why she was shunned in the past, everyone respects a strong ruler but only kind, approachable and diplomatic rulers are loved.

Also in the S5 finale the few ponies we saw generally had a more militaristic attitude than usual and Luna(NMM) was taking an active role in ensuring that powerful magic could never be used against her. Since it was technically NMM and not normal Luna I guess it's kind of difficult to say if she leans that way when she isn't evil but I like to think that NMM is still basically Luna except with her negative personality traits more exaggerated.
>>
>>25989505
They fixed that problem though. Okay, maybe it was through the same nonsense friendship magic that I was complaining about earlier, but it also certainly wasn't with the help of an alicorn. A better solution than friendship magic is still definitely needed, but an alicorn? Really, what problem has Equestria ever had that was fixed by an alicorn?
>>
>>25989548
Discord the first time, Sombra the first time, and they apparently hadn't been taken over by Changelings before then. Chrysalis needed a pretty big battery in order to worf Sunbutt, remember?
>>
>>25989099
Luna and Celestia fought Sombra and Tirek together (this was before Luna's banishment). Also it's more than implied that they fought discord, we straight up see it in the show.

Pre-show villain order goes like this
>Tirek = Sombra (there's no solid dates so either one could have been first, but they were the earliest)
>Discord
>NMM
>>
File: 1450076789154.jpg (13 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1450076789154.jpg
13 KB, 260x194
>>25989577
See, this guy gets it.
They generally do fight together, but we know Celestia is at least semi-swole, at least on a magical scale.
>>
>>25989470
Not all magic is used, like in our world some energy is lost during the process, radiated as heat or light.
>>
>>25989572
Maybe alicorns solved these problems, but what is it about alicorns that made it so they could solve the problems better than any other type of pony? I don't remember how they dealt with Sombra and I don't know how they kept the changelings at bay. Discord, though, I'm pretty sure was just nonsense friendship magic that happened to be done by alicorns.
>>
>>25989653
I have a better question. Where did the alicorns touch you?
>>
>>25989678
Well, they don't call her Princess Molestia for nothing.
>>
File: 1352811099767.jpg (81 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
1352811099767.jpg
81 KB, 400x380
>>25989639
It's fine where low to high level spells are concerned, but what you gotta do when 5% of the magic used to make that fortress float is continuously pouring out ?
I tell you what you gotta do : continuously pour magic into that spell, like a drooling retard.

Why do you think artefacts not only do not glow, but do not give away any magic aura ?
Simple : drooling retards can't make artefacts.
>>
File: 1437280538696.png (200 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1437280538696.png
200 KB, 500x422
>>25989695
stop avatarfagging

I don't know what shithole board you came from, but go back.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.