[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we getting S6 this Spring or are we waiting until October/November
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
Are we getting S6 this Spring or are we waiting until October/November again?

They announced S5 for April 2015 back in December 2014 so I'm worried by them not having announced anything yet.
>>
File: 1450130318639.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450130318639.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>Are we getting S6 this Spring

gotta need some sauce for that
>>
>>25981025
Seems to be the general expectation, what with a lot of the stuf they were working on back in 2014 being pushed back from S5 to S6, and hasbro telling their investors they don't want long hiatuses like the last one anymore, because it's bad for brand awareness.
>>
Discovery press release from before S5 said this spring.
>>
>>25981068
>>25981086
sauce of gtfo
>>
>>25980895
Judging from the previous hiatus I highly doubt we'll get it this Spring. Around November seems more realistic.
>>
>>25981139
http://lps.derpynews.com/discovery-family-upfront-lists-season-6-for-mlp-season-4-for-lps/
>>
File: 631595.jpg (33 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
631595.jpg
33 KB, 640x640
>>25981201
>Whether this ultimately means a shorter wait time between Seasons Five and Six is up in the air. Also up in the air is whether Season Five will go into a mid-season break like LPS did in its third season.

>up in the air
>>
DeLancie said they told him next Discord episode would air in a year's time. That was back in November.

So either S6 premieres in Spring and we don't get Discord episodes until the second half (with another break over the summer), or S6 premieres at the end of the year and one of the first epsiodes is a Discord episode.
>>
So... Any word on a season 7?
>>
Investor call transcript from a few months ago, reacting to MLP toy sales decline.
:

"I think in many ways it sort of reinforces our belief that programming support its over the full calendar year is essential as you look at content storytelling and that it's a little more challenging to put out a one-time per year special, although we do have lots of streaming short videos and other elements to support the EQUESTRIA GIRLS product line. It does impact our timing on that -- on that part of the business certainly."

"In MY LITTLE PONY, several new initiatives coming both in the core MY LITTLE PONY as well as EQUESTRIA GIRLS."
>>
>>25980895
>Waiting for S6
>Not waiting for the next EQG
What a faggot you are, OP
>>
>>25981329
the face of neo/mlp/, everyone

Look what you have done
>>
>>25981402
Worst part is, if >>25981309
bears any truth, we could be looking at multiple EqG shorts coming out until the next EqG film while the show gets nothing until S6 after another long hiatus.
>>
>>25981402
>Not admitting EQG is the only possible future for MLP
Fucking hasdrone
>>
>>25980895
There's been multiple hints for spring but no promises from the one source that matters.

>>25981451
Nigga do you even know what that means?
Becuase it sure doesn't apply to someone anti-EQG.
>>
>>25980895
>They announced S5 for April 2015 back in December 2014
No they didn't.
>>
>>25981025
It was a question. Not a statement.
>>
>>25981201
>http://lps.derpynews.com/discovery-family-upfront-lists-season-6-for-mlp-season-4-for-lps/
The actual press release from Discovery is gone. It was there yesterday though. What the fuck?
>>
>>25981932
Nope, still there.

https://press.discovery.com/us/dfc/programs/discovery-family-channel-2015-16/
>>
>>25981814
Season 5 was announced just as season 4 was ending, but we didn't get an actual date until March 2015, a month before it aired.
>>
>>25981963
Ah, I guess they had a mirror on their corporate site that got taken down.
>>
>>25981814
>>25981969
Huh. I guess I remember it wrong then.
In that case we'll just have to wait and see whether they announce anything before April.
>>
>>25982005
Season 4 got a premiere date announcement 4 months in advance.

Season 3, was only a few weeks before, but they announced the announcement a month before. Silly...

No idea how much press the first two seasons got, but there's no pattern. Every season Hasbro does whatever.

Hopefully things will start to become more consistent, mid-season hiatuses to spread things out and keep having one season per year is a good idea.
>>
>>25982140
They need to promote them better too though. Ever since S4 we got almsot nothin in the way of episode trailers and previews, and with S5 retarded schedule (not to mention it being on discovery family) ratings started dropping bad.

They should just put it on CN already.
>>
>>25982140
>Season 4 got a premiere date announcement 4 months in advance.
No, that only god a month in advanced too. It was the end of October because I remember October 2013 being completely dead in regards to news and then they sprung the air date for the premier on us. I think they did say a date at Comic Con that was some time in September, but later they said they were wrong.
>>
>>25982217
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/07/season-4-start-date-announced.html

This was posted in July.
>>
>>25982341
I stand corrected.
>>
>>25980895
Looking at average time between season premieres, May 2016 seems like a reasonable bet.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.