[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what will you do after you get off the ride?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1430022477474.gif (497 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1430022477474.gif
497 KB, 200x200
I wonder, sometimes, what will happen when the ride ends.

I am not a "HOLY SHIT MLP TAUGHT ME HOW TO FUNCTION IN BASIC SOCIAL SITUATIONS" kind of autist, nor am I obsessing over new fanart on a daily basis; my contributions/participation in /mlp/ is relegated to occasionally observing meta threads and sometimes shit like write prompts, if only because I want to see what people come up with.

But I don't ever think that I will ever have anything close to the level of involvement for any IP ever again, if only because MLP happened to grab me right in my early college years, right when I was a single, responsibility-free youngun.

As the past five years have progressed, I made it through college, joined the military, and am now spending most of my time doing my job. It's only moments like now, when I'm on leave, where I can do shit like browse YouTube for cool new animations people made, or skim through all the fanart that I've missed.

But looking forward, I see myself becoming a normalfag with a wife and/or kids, probably (hopefully) all the more involved with my professional career as I'll probably (hopefully) be of higher rank/more responsibility, and I can't see any other fictional world having quite the same ability to engross me as much as this one has.

My only real question, is... will there be a hole in my heart? Not necessarily where MLP was, I could have been 10 years older and been all about fucking Power Rangers or something, but just... you know, the void where reading fanfics, checking out fanart, watching fan animations, etc. used to be? Will I still, ten years from now, occasionally pull up silly little pictures like .gif related and still chuckle at its source?

Or will this be a passing fancy that I will have forgotten as I become, you know, a normal fucking person?
>>
>>25976645
I will blow my brains out.
>>
No-one into MLP will ever be normal
>>
File: 1392753339303.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1392753339303.gif
1 MB, 540x540
>>25976729
Well. That escalated about as quickly as I anticipated.

Surprised it took more than 10 minutes to come about, to be frank.
>>
File: the kingsford grill of despair.jpg (11 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
the kingsford grill of despair.jpg
11 KB, 236x314
>>25976645
>ride
>ending
>ever
Holy shit, exemplary blog, my dude, how do I uplike it?
>>
>>25976645
>ride
>ending
>>
>>25976742
To a certain extent, this also extends to being a lurker.

Do you really foresee yourself doing this years from now? Posting comments on shit with repetitive "in jokes" that half the internet knows? Ditto with >>25976744 who just popped up -- yeah, great fucking joke, "LOL THE RIDE NEVER ENDS", but seriously, will this be anything other than a fondly (if that) remembered distraction of your young adulthood?
>>
File: 1450154269895.png (350 KB, 573x533) Image search: [Google]
1450154269895.png
350 KB, 573x533
>>25976645
I really don't think I'll ever get off the ride, but I'll transition to my interests in Scifi and shit like I was into before I got into mlp.
>>
>>25976765
You don't seem as attached to this whole thing as many people on /mlp/ are
>>
>>25976765
I'm just drying to have like a deep-ass meta conversation because it's like 1:30 in the morning here which means it's like hella early (or super late) for everyone else, hence repelling all the shitposting memetards who wanna be part of an ebin "LOL YEAH I WAS IN THAT THREAD WHERE LIKE 500 PEOPLE REPLIED TO ONE PERSON" screencap.

Just wondering if anyone really asks what in the fuck they're doing with their life, spending any amount of noticeable time absorbing this show beyond 22 minutes a week for a few months out of the year, if that.
>>
>>25976786
I guess that's part of the problem (if you consider it a problem) -- the height of my fandom was a few years ago when I was a lolsorandumb college kid. Now, other than very occasionally having a handful of the aforementioned interesting /mlp/ threads open, I don't really go out of my way -- or feel like I have the time to do so -- to absorb all things horse.

I guess I kind of have a sort of retroactive "man, I wish I were back in college with no responsibilities!" thing going on, and MLP will forever be cemented in my mind as one of my prime interests back then.

Wellp, guess I solved the underlying psychological question, GG, everyone can go home if they want I guess.
>>
>>25976645
Have you ever been a fan of a cartoon that ended? It'll probably be like that. You still love it and the characters that come from it, but you don't really watch it anymore or talk much about it. Maybe you'll still read fanfiction and enjoy fanart, and even contribute once in a while if you feel like it. Not a big deal, it just isn't as big a part of your life. The thing most likely to happen is that you'll find other things that interest you.

This is coming from a big fan of Powerpuff Girls and Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra. Trust me, you'll get over it.
>>
>>25976765
Yes. I'm going to kill myself when the show ends, because I had no life before getting on and I've nothing to go on for. Ta-da.
>>
>>25976863
See those shows really aren't anything like pony tho..
in fact, nothing can be compared to this show

It's truly magical
>>
>>25976888
See that's exactly what I thought about Powerpuff Girls. Yet here we are, like a decade since it ended, and I haven't killed myself yet. It's just a cartoon; don't let a cartoon rule your life.
>>
>>25976926
>don't
Some of us are beyond redemption and hope. It's a comfortable hell, thank you.
>>
>>25976926
I should take advice from you, as you have wisdom and experience

will I?
nope
I am as naive and cocky as you were in your youth
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.