[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's death metal anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (293 KB, 2862x2671) Image search: [Google]
image.png
293 KB, 2862x2671
What's death metal anon?
>>
>>25967446
> hand her album of Pierce the Veil.
>>
>>25967446
It's one of the lesser forms of music, angry men screaming and playing discordant tunes. literally a cancer on an enlightened society

Smooth jazz, now that's where it's at
>>
File: Dethklok.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dethklok.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
Oh boy.

Make some popcorn, Pinkie. This is going to be a long night.
>>
>>25967446
It's a kind of metal, dark and shiny, but it hurts when you touch it so you need to stay away and tell somepony!

Also, it is the anime of music
>>
>>25967446
it's"music" for edgy 14year old.
>>
>>25967463
>>
Pinkie Pie.
>>
>>25967446
Rubbish.
for 14 year olds who think they are superior for listening to annoying noise.
>>
>>25967527
Wait,I thought deadclock was black metal.
>>
Like classical music but with electric guitars.

Death Metal is an offshoot of heavy metal and has musical definitions sooner than merely aesthetic ones (ie, angry men shouting). Heavy metal is themetically 'heavy', dark, gothic, centred on a tragic-romantic worldview. It makes heavy use of tremolo picking and power chords, as well as variable tempo. Most metal tends to introduce disparate elements that sound chaotic or out of place on their own, and then build them together into a harmonious whole. Heavy metal in studies has shown to be cathartic to metal fans, as a way of subliminating aggression and frustration into joyfulness.

Death metal has aesthetics fag tier stuff like Slipknot or Children of Bodom, casual headbanger type aesthetics, all the way through to kvlt tier classics (none of which I can recall right now because I'm not as big metalhead as I was). Death metal is distinct from black metal, which has a heavier emphasis on atmospherics, thrash metal, and offshoots like doom metal. Metal as a genre has quite a well defined history and evolution, and most metalheads start out listening to contemporary things that catch their attention, and then going back and listening to the original albums that helped create and define that sound - as opposed to pop, where the format has never really changed or evolved (just become even more dumber and formulaic).

Death metal ranges from pure autism to really good, enjoyable listenable stuff. death metal dot org is run by the autist Brett Stevens, and has pretty much all the death metal in the world. It is also important to consider that Death Metal is an ideological genre, and things like "Christian Death Metal" are oxymoronic, the same way Christian Rock isn't really rock, just a rock type sound used to express anti-rock sentiments.
>>
>>25967463
Holy fuck i got cancer from reading this.
>>
>>25967446
The most boring subgenre of metal
>>
>>25967446
Here Pinkie, here's a death metal song about you. See if you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_LDNSI16q0
>>
>>25967463
>>25968074
>>25968083
>>25968109
>>25970337
Queers detected.

>>25968181
Thank you for the informative post, anon. Ur a cul gay.
>>
File: 65f.png (18 KB, 289x294) Image search: [Google]
65f.png
18 KB, 289x294
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.