[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there will ever be a canon reason as to why Celestia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Do you think there will ever be a canon reason as to why Celestia is a princess and not a queen?
>>
>>25944824
She is not married
>>
/thread
>>
>>25944831
Probably this. The sisters were chosen to rule Equestria, so they're technically not of royal blood. President would actually be a better title.
>>
>>25944856
>Democracy
>In Equestria
Wat
>>
>>25944824
Faust secretly made herself queen of Equestria.
>>
>>25944831

She probably slept with many guys throughout her lifetime.

Hurricane and Scorpan are the most obvious ones. Not mention alternative Sombra.
>>
>>25944869
>Secret society of alicorns
>Celestia and Luna were chosen to rule equestria while the queen takes care of the society
>The queen is faustcorn
I would be okay with that
>>
>>25944824
Because the word "princess" resonates much better with little girls.

Princess = good and young
Queen = usually evil or old
>>
>>25944941
That's the marketing reason yes, but I'm talking about an in unviverse reason
>>
>>25944972
there is no "in universe" reason and thinking about it is pointless.
>>
Princess comes from the Middle French princesse, which in turn comes from prince + the suffix -esse.

Prince is in turn from the Latin princeps.

Princeps means

>> first, foremost
>> chief, distinguished

The idea that princess should refer to a second best title is linguistically nonsensical and historically incorrect if you go far enough backwards in time. Given Princess Sunbutt is over a thousand years old... You can work out the rest.
>>
>>25944831
>>25944856
Actually a landed chief authority of a Kingdom (which Equestria is) is a King/Queen regardless of their marital status. However, in certain regions, rankings like King or Duke were often replaced with 'Prince' instead (Russia had this for example), with those nations being Principalities.

I would like to think the "Alicorn King/Queen is called a Princess" thing is either cultural or as some sort of deference to a higher authority like >>25944869 suggested.
>>
>>25944824
Faust and several marketing administrators said it was because Queens are seen as evil by younger audiences and Princesses as just, good right etc. So yeah, Princess.
>>
>>25944824
>they believe in god and call him "king"
>stating they were queen would be implying they're married to him, but they're not
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.