[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there will be an episode that revolves around drugs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: horse drugs.png (314 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
horse drugs.png
314 KB, 600x700
Do you think there will be an episode that revolves around drugs and addiction?

it used to be a pretty common plot point 10 or so years ago but i haven't seen it be used recently

i doubt they would actually have a character addicted to horse cocaine but maybe something that fits into canon
>>
>>25923550
Fluttershy found Experimental Treatment, I see.
>>
I imagine they could do something interesting if they invented something that alluded to drugs without actually saying "these are drugs". Like in pic related.
>>
>>25923550
>it'll be a zecora episode
>>
File: ThisNigger.gif (2 MB, 176x172) Image search: [Google]
ThisNigger.gif
2 MB, 176x172
>>25923599
>>
>>25923550
inspiration manifestation
>>
Next, on a very special My Little Pony.
>>
Probably, if they were to do it, it'd be a character obsessed with some brand of X super sugary treat or energy drink with horrible side effects.

>"Rainbow Dash! Stop with those Skittles! They're turning you into a monster! You're hurting your friends!"
>"Get out of my way Twi! I'm getting them no matter what! Pinkie, do you have 15 bits I could borrow?"

But I honestly hope they could better tackle the issue by also including the addict's side of the struggle. Show people how hard and gradual it really is to fall into that life where you must chase such highs, and pull yourself out of it.

Imo though, in today's society, there would be no way to touch the subject, no matter how sneaky, or well-done it gets without there being controversy. I think it's bullshit, personally, to have such censorship, to "shield away" and avoid the subject for muh childrens, but it's how it is.
>>
>>25923715
They could have done this with Spike and his "hoard addiction"...y'know, seeing that he actually became kinda monstrous.
>>
>>25923550
The addiction moral would be as fucked up as the self-harm moral in Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep:
Drug addiction is something that you would need professional help from ie a doctor. But, just like they did with DPDOMS, they'll have it be the mane 6 who talk whoever out of it.
You can't talk people out of addictions all too well, but just simply seeing a doctor would be anti-climatic for fictional entertainment.
>>
File: ponko sez.png (180 KB, 413x499) Image search: [Google]
ponko sez.png
180 KB, 413x499
>>25923550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjgcku27xIk
>>
>>25923839
was that self harm? i can kind of see it but i thought it was more of "dont be afraid to ask for help"
>>
>>25923550
Rewatch inspiration manifestation. Thats exactly what it was about. Rarity got addicted to the books power and Spike had to be the intervening friend. Owldelicious was his conscience telling him to do something.
>>
>>25923550
Something about dark magic would make for an interesting episode.
>>
>>25924431
...but Dark Magic is evil and the ponies who use it are either purified or broken into a million pieces.

Also, Alicorn magic looks very similar and we still have no fucking idea what it does.
>>
>>25923550
>forgetting about this guy
>>
>>25924075
I think they just simply wanted to do a "forgive yourself" story, and the Tantabus was merely a way to visualize her guilt. But, since it mentally totured her every night, it comes off as a form of self-harm.
She doesn't ask for help. Twilight just talks her out of it. That's not how self-harm and the mental state behind it work.
>>
>>25924535
I don't think it was really meant to be that.
>>
episode where fluttershy becomes addicted to horse meth when?
>>
File: 1449449664208.png (91 KB, 261x320) Image search: [Google]
1449449664208.png
91 KB, 261x320
>>25923616
>>25924204
This
It's been done or the closest we will ever get to it.
>>
>>25923550
No, and it actually has to do with how authority is handled in the series (or rather, how it isn't).

Simply put, hard drug addiction is not something your friends can talk you out of singlehandedly. It requires professional medical help, or at the very least the decision to seek such. Some people are lucky enough to have the mental fortitude to handle it on their own, but this is not a message they will want to send to kids.

This is why a lot of the "drug episodes" focused on the whole "admitting you have a problem is the first step" thing: It's a viable lesson, but you don't have to show the boring and frankly miserable treatment process.

So, why's this a problem in FiM?

It's because the M6 are, apparently by rule of writers, not allowed to have any authority higher than each other. If they can't accomplish it, nobody can; it takes an immutable law of nature (Tank's hibernating) to overrule their efforts.

And, that's severely limiting. Unfortunate - but that's how it is.
>>
>>25923550
Secret of my Excess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9GVpZWrpsg
>>
>>25925765
Maybe they could go the captain planet route and have someone just fucking die
>>
>>25925783
Pretty good song
>>
>>25924431
So a lot of people don't actually watch the show here huh?
>>
>>25924476
>Alicorn magic looks very similar
Don't sugarcoat things. "Alicorn" magic IS Dark magic.

Or at least, it god damn well should have been.
>>
>>25927048
you dont become immortal without some kind of dark magic
>>
>>25927155
Fun idea to consider, but it will never happen. Magic is only for making laser beams, now.
>>
File: who.jpg (9 KB, 468x263) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
9 KB, 468x263
>>25923550
I could see a Saved by the Bell-esque addiction episode. the one where Jessie gets addicted to caffeine pills to stay in her rock group. I could see Rarity get so stressed about meeting a deadline for a new clothing line she's making for some VIP that she would pop the Equestrian equivalent to caffeine pills to the point where she snaps at the mane six when they try to get Rarity to stop taking the pills.
>>
>>25923550
If we have an Anon working on a fan-episode around rape and molestation, I don't see why not.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.