[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People constantly bitch that Spike gets no good episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1450423470094.jpg (10 KB, 263x152) Image search: [Google]
1450423470094.jpg
10 KB, 263x152
>People constantly bitch that Spike gets no good episodes
>Nitpick and dismiss any development he gets in Equestria Games, "cringe" scene aside, an episode with one of the series' best morals

Look, if you don't like a character, just say it. I think despite what people say, no one actually knows what they want for his character and just follow the memes of assuming that he's always been shit and will be.
>>
>>25923524
I had to pause every two minutes of Princess Spike so I wouldn't gouge my eyeballs out.
>>
>>25923539
>This
>>
>>25923539
I'm a Spikefag and even I had to do that. No argument defending Princess Spike here.
>>
>>25923524
I dont bitch about him not getting good episodes desu. I think he's a secondary/side character just a step above BG pone and I'm content with him working as such or as a foil for another character (usually Twilight's common sense/voice of reason)

I actually hate having "Spike episodes" because he's clearly not very good as a focus (or at least the writers clearly struggle/dont like doing it with him). Yet its the Spikefags who keep clamoring for him to have more of this...
>>
>>25923673
I think writers struggle so they half ass it a lot of the time. But there's definitely interesting shit to do and to call him a BG pony undersells him.
>>
>>25923524
How many times do we have to go over this?
Spike is the punching bag of the show, because little girls think boys are icky and dumb.
So obviously he is gonna be icky and dumb, to please them.
The show is feminist, it is about time you accept this stupid Spikefags.
Also the only reason I personally don't think he is shit is because I want to bone him.
>>
>>25923742
>Feminists have to write a helpless male child character just to feel empowered
>They lack self confidence so much that they have to make a child a punching bag
>>
>>25923806
Male oriented shows also make females look weak and helpless.
>>
>>25923869
Not as some sort of deluded sense of revenge that is cringy with how extreme it is.

Regardless people don't know what the fuck they want Spike's character to be.
>>
>>25923524
All of that "developement" you talk about went down the shitter thanks to Princess Spike.
>>
>>25923869
Would you say ALL male oriented shows do this?
>>
>>25923891
The hilarious thing is that it even undid established character traits for other characters too.
>>
Am I the only one still severely pissed off that Spike's pet Phoenix was written out of the show with a picture instead of given a dedicated episode to resolve said plotline? It could've worked as an actually unique life lesson with real development instead of Just For Sidekicks.
>>
>>25923890
>sense of revenge
But it isn't, faggot.
Little girls think like that and if the show is aimed at them, then they just do what they want.
What you are asking for is that if some guy in a bakery asked for strawberry cake and they gave him a pineapple cake because it is the one that most people order so he should like it too, instead of giving him what he wants.
>>
>>25923906
Not every show does this.
In fact, Lauren tried to do a show that appealed to little girls and men could watch, without pulling their hair out.
And she was successful to some degree.
Similarly, some shows that are mostly aimed for men don't always make them look inferior.
>>
>>25923919
Brought that up during a how to improve spike character thread a couple of weeks back, but no one else thought anything could be done with it.
>>
>>25923869
Well, most "male" oriented shows usually appeal to both sides. I can't think of any shows airing today that were vastly male in their viewership, except for maybe Star Wars and LOTR, and even then those have began putting "muh strong wymin characters" in them.
>>
>>25923921
Children don't know what they want. They're not as smart as Faust believed they were, but not also as dumb as Hasbro thinks.

>>25923956
I think Peewee was a mistake because he was just going to raise it to be a mess.
>>
>>25923524
>no one actually knows what they want for his character

I know what I want for spike, make him an actual helpful character like we see in abbridged series like MAS and Scootertrix and you're golden.
>>
>>25924420
But then they can't do >muh slapstick

I mean, expecting it every time he is on screen is funny, right?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.