[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AnimatedJames stops doing original animations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 18
File: James.png (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
James.png
5 KB, 225x225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m__BOebg7Hg

Let's keep it short - I like the animator and I don't care about the other people's opinions about him. So, inb4 "nothing of value is lost" - that's not what I want to discuss.

What people here think about his whole situation? Especially ones that are already 25+ years old. It's just that the more I live, the more stupid and insignificant other people's problems start to appear to me.
It's like he's in a deep depression, considers himself being a pile of shit, thinks his "artistic life" was ruined by people being aware of his fetish, etc. And I'm just sitting here and thinking "OK, so what?"
I can't even consider all this stuff being actual "problems" - it's some insignificant minor shit. Yet. people around me somehow manage to care about it so strongly, that I'm not even sure I am capable of emotions on that level.

Tell me, anon, - is it me who just doesn't get obvious things? Or is it just edgy teenagers who take too much time to grow up?

>inb4 that wasn't "short"
>>
>>25921634
Huh. Apparently I'm seriously out of the loop. What secret is he talking about. Fetish? What??

On the surface, though, it seems that this might be a good thing. I mean, if everything he says is true, and he wants to change and become a better person, then I respect that. More power to him. I just hope he's not being bullied into thinking something insignificant is a big deal.
>>
>>25921634
>brony artist quit doing autistic shit and actually do something for himself or his career.

Entire fandom should do this, especially people on this board.
>>
Isn't he the fart guy?
>>
>>25921634
the latter
he needs to grow up, and have some self-awareness
i mean, he needs to stop bitching, and grow some backbone. and more self-awareness to stop doing dumb shit, like complain like a bitch. also, depressed people are depressed because they want. think about: there's you (a guy alive, with a roof on his head, a meal on your table, a job which you can support yourself, and you didn't do something against your health/psycosis), and then there's the people of the thirld world, people living wars everyday, people dying of diseases/criminal acts.
and last one, we don't give a fuck about what turns you on.
some people find out, and mock you for that? fine, more power to them, but it's your fetish. no one is going to change that.
besides, i prefer a guy with a weird fetish than a psycho who needs gorefuck or beating childrens to get off
>>
He was a shitty animator, who had a shitty fetish (unrelated to his work), and had an ego far too big for how insignificant he was.

Honestly, I'd have more sympathy for the guy if he wasn't such a twatt. I had sort of looked past his idiocy and bloated head for a while, and enjoyed his cartoons for whatever they were. However, his DA Update where he basically insulted his fans, and then tried to pass it off as a drunken rant a few hours later, was the last straw for me. The constant supply of edgy shit he posted didn't help in the matter either.

Honestly, James is getting way too much support for the way he's been acting. Everyone on his DA is giving him the biggest asspat right now, and he really doesn't deserve it. And I get it, an artist needs an asspat every now and again, just as a little something to know that people still enjoy their work. But not to this degree. Everyone's just throwing him the biggest pitty party right now, and it's probably not doing him any favors. At best, people should be giving him a salute, and a "sorry it had to be this way" goodbye, instead of giving his ego a good stroke.

And yes, OP, it is just edgy teenagers who need to grow up. The only people who think his work is the best shit ever. And don't get me wrong, it's not absolutely terrible. There is a sliver of smartness in his jokes, and his animations aren't visually unappealing. It's just that he could be so much better, but he's sort of locked himself onto this one style for everything.

And that style is "keep it as simple as you can without being garbage."

>>25921782
He has a fart fetish.
>>
>>25921634
May ask you old are you, OP?

Keep in mind that adults/elder people can solve their emotional problems better than young people, mostly because they have 'tools' to manage said issues, earned by experiencie (being adult/old) or earned by raising.

That you can manage and solve your personal emotional problems, doesn't mean others can do as you can, OP.
And if you have way bigger problems than him, and most of the normalfags that surround you; doesn't mean they have the same big emotional problems as you do, OP; and since they never experienced a serious big emotional problem (like you do, OP), means the problems you see as little or irrelevant, they see it as a big deal; allow me to explain:

>One teenager kid complains about how her mother grounded him for trivial reason to his (also) teenager friend
>His friend lost her mother when he was a toddler, never had a real mother in his life; yet he's there, silently and quiet, listening to this faggot complain about how he got grounded

Also, I think people finding out your fetish can become a real problem; I totally understand him when it comes his family discovered he was a fart fetichist, that's some real embarassing shit right there.
Will you be 'cool' if the people close to you discover your more deep perverted fetishes, OP?
>>
>>25921634
and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>25921828
>depressed people are depressed because they want.
Thanks for your input there, doctor.
>>
File: 1389862067254.png (405 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1389862067254.png
405 KB, 878x900
>>25921634
>A bunch of shitty animations and MLP/Sonic crossovers
Sorry, OP, but this time "Nothing of value is lost" is the only correct reaction.
>>
tl;dr: the thread
>>
>>25921634
Okay sorry but this dude is fucking autistic.

"A secret got revealed", what? he posted his art online, publicly and in clear access for everyone. Not only that but he mentionned it multiple time about his harassment as if it was surprising to him that he was mocked for that.

Fuck, even his recent "truth about the brony fandom" video he mention it IN THE DESCRIPTION. AS IF THE FANDOM SHOULD ACCEPT HIM FOR THAT.

He should realize he fucked up and ignore it, and NOT except acceptance for it, but no he can't, and now he's going to leave and blame the fandom (even though the guy on the lolcow wiki probably harassed him more, since I saw he had a thread there).

So, sorry, I actually liked some of his animations, especially the most recent one, but this is a lot of his fault.
>>
>>25921828
>lololol if people are depressed it's because they want to !!! imma doctor i know what i'm saying i read everything about it on reddit and 9gag !!! if people want to go out of drepession they can !! doctors gives them medicine for no reason, just because it tastes good !!!!!!1!
>>
File: full.jpg (230 KB, 1650x1374) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
230 KB, 1650x1374
I am 29 and had many fuck ups growing up. I just stopped giving a fuck about others and do what I want and I do it for me.I don't give a shit what most other think anymore except when I ask for advice for criticism. He is acting like a whiny baby because the dirty laundry he sucked at hiding came out in the light. It is his own fault and I feel little pity for him.
>>
File: 1362266114935.png (1 MB, 603x800) Image search: [Google]
1362266114935.png
1 MB, 603x800
>>25922053
You seem pretty upset, friend. Maybe your should relax for a bit. There's no need to have your jimmies rustled.
>>
OP here
>>25921828
>depressed people are depressed because they want
I glad to see people share my point of view on this.
>>25921882
I'm 25 myself, hence I asked for advice from people of similar age/older than me.
I get the overall idea, but the problem is, I don't consider myself as a someone who had been throught a lot.

I had few major stresses in my life - switching living places several times, being bullied as a kid, having my only friend to die on me and a few others. Yet, I can't say I had ever been in a real depression that wasn't entirely caused by me.

By the age of I think sixteen I could completely honestly admit it to myself, that every time I cried or even just felt bad about myself was a case of self-digging and self-pitying. The only time I cried for real since pretty much being twelve years old, was when my relative died. To be honest, when I got over it, I was kinda glad I was still a sane human, that can cry for real.

I have a loving family. We had our high and lows, but we never starved, never had to deal with poverty. I've got an education, got my diploma, traveled quite a lot around my country and even went in another once. I can go on on how awesome is my life on hours. And if I want,
>if
I can go on, how terrible my life is on hours too. But I don't feel like it. There are people who are dying out there, while I am alive and healthy. So I don't get, when people want to focus only on the negative side of their life.
It isn't a good feeling, in my opinion - so why would you force it upon yourself?
>>
The fandom is driving away all its content creators and no one even cares anymore. Why am I not fucking surprised? Oh wait, yeah. /mlp/ is full of people that can't understand simple problems.
>>
>>25922362
How is it the fandom? it seems to be people not being able to cover up art they did in the past and trying to hide it when they do.
>>
>>25922396
when people do discover it(
>>
>>25921882
And about fetish part. On the one hand, I can't really relate to this, as my fetishes would be considered quite normal, as my strongest one would be just perfectly shaped butts (thus yoga pants/tight skirts or just really well-fit naked butt), yet whenever I had some "shameful" thing to admit, I not bothered that much to hide it.
When I served in an army, being 21 year old, I admitted to all people in my platoon (about 30 persons with age ranging from 18 to 24) that I am a virgin. I think that is considered pretty shameful, given I've been going to be stuck with these people for a year.
It's not a thing that I would be glad to admit, yet I don't see a reason to actually lie, when I'm asked about it.
>>
>>25922362
>people that can't understand simple problems
*underageb&
FTFY bro
>>
>>25922362
>boohoo some whiny artist faggot is gonna stop doing stuff

Newsflash - this is continually happening in every fandom everywhere, you stupid fuck. New people join fandoms every day as well, you dumb lout. People join and leave fandoms every day even when they *don't* cry about it like stupid fucks, like you, you ignorant twatbleeder.
>>
Fart joke.
>>
>>25922451
You've got a point, let's get rid of petirep and so great and powerful.

Oh wait, Newsflash. You already did.
>>
>>25922780
boo fucking hoo

never listened to them and give zero fucks
>>
>>25922802
Oh wow you sure convinced me with that hot attitude
>>
File: 19101819-5431-28_zps80efdf9f.jpg (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
19101819-5431-28_zps80efdf9f.jpg
127 KB, 600x600
>>25922818
>>
File: 123521412512.png (802 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
123521412512.png
802 KB, 1280x720
>>25922819
D'awww he's using baby images to get his message across

Look at the cute lil /b/tard twying to look all tough

Does someone need a huggle wuggle to feel better?
>>
>>25922838
I'm not the one crying about faggot artists throwing hissy fits

I think you need to console the other guy.
>>
>>25922848
Awww let me take you back to /b/ c'mon your fetish threads are waiting for you, are you lost and that's why you're so upset?
>>
>>25922853
Fetish threads in /b/, it's full of normies who only fap to vanilla
>>
>people actually cares about whiny attention whores
why?
>>
File: PinkieShrug.png (16 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
PinkieShrug.png
16 KB, 945x945
>>25921634
What a shame, I thought James had the most clever and humorous critiques of the fandom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_kn9scLU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCeJp33beKE

Despite his 'mediocre' animation, I thought he was one of the wittier animators. At the very least I enjoyed his works more than Egoraptor, who gets his humor from being obnoxious, Hotdiggydemon, with plenty of cheap grossout humor, or all those animators who try so hard to be either Egoraptor or Hotdiggydemon.

Yeah, James has some rather blunt/tacky/early2000's humor; but I always enjoyed his works.

Also considering the fetishes that wreak this board, like the fat and diaper GENERALS, I'm surprised we give him SO much shit for it
>>
File: 1444572158052.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444572158052.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>25923142
>Yeah, James has some rather blunt/tacky/early2000's humor; but I always enjoyed his works.
Since when has he been doing this stuff, because it seems like he would be in his prime in the bustling newgrounds days.

>Also considering the fetishes that wreak this board, like the fat and diaper GENERALS, I'm surprised we give him SO much shit for it

It's because he cares so much about it, if he just said, yeah it's a fetish and moved on, people would have stopped caring much faster. It's just like Preston's problem, really.
>>
>>25921831
>He has a fart fetish.
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>25921634
>boohoo my fart fetish is now out in the open, my life is RUIIIINEEED! baaaaaahhhh

No one gives a flying fuck about his fetish. What people do give a fuck about, however, is his whiny attitude and inflated ego. This depression shit just seems like a lot of attention whoring for me.

I seriously can't even tell at this point if I'm suffering from depression or not. When all that's left of you is a hollow shell, you just stop giving a fuck. I think I actually was kind of depressed in my teenage years (but never really suicidal), but I just learned to completely embrace it to the point that it just became part of my personality. If you can't feel anything, you can't be hurt. But then again, I don't have thousands of fans like he does, so who knows how I'd react if I were in his position? Frankly, I think I wouldn't act that much differently. Only my anonymity can keep my enormous ego in check and if I were to gain as much attention as AnimatedJames, I'm sure I would become much worse than him. As such, I am a nobody by my own choice because I know that gaining attention would be the end of me. Also, he is lucky to have such a harmless fetish as a fart fetish. If my fetishes got out into the open, then my life would be ruined to such an extent that there would be no reason for me to keep on living.

I guess I'll never understand depressed people whining about shit because ironically my own personal depression is so deeply rooted that if you took that "depression" away there would be nothing left of me. How can depression bring you down if it's all you've ever known? Thus, I can claim to be "immune" to depression in a sense, since I'm so utterly dead inside that it can't possibly affect me anymore.
>>
Dude needs to see a doctor or some shit, he's not acting healthily. I know he's been an ass but Im actually mildly worried about him.

kek
>>
Artist, weirdo fetishist, and "depressed". Yeah I've seen this a million times. There's no reasoning with these people.
>>
>>25923336
>boohoo my fart fetish is now out in the open, my life is RUIIIINEEED! baaaaaahhhh

Did you even watch the video? He's saying he's realized that he has been egocentric, selfish and closed-minded (and bitter), and he's decided to take some time to work on that. From his wording it seems like it's simply an indirect consequence of people hearing about his fetish.

Also, he doesn't mention depression once.
>>
>>25922099
Thanks for confirming you are retarded.
>inb4 stay mad, jimmies rustled again and other stupid bullshit because you are either trolling or really retarded
Also not that other anon.
>>
>>25923702
>being this mad
>b-but i'm not that anon, i swear!
kek
not that anon btw ^:)
>>
>>25923702
People are retarded because they want to.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 320x287
>>
>>25923782
So you're autistic because you want to?
Seems legit
>>
>>25921831
> He has a fart fetish.

You can't be serious, I thought it was a meme.
>>
Yeah James had a lot of growth to do.
Hes trying to better himself and think about others. This is equivalent of a child celeb finding out their "edgy teen persona" doesn't work in the real world.
Hopefully he doesn't give up entirely, cause james will be a better artist if he sticks with animation.
>>
>>25924772
There is no cure for autism.
>>
>>25924373
I have a small penis because I want to.
>>
Fart fetishes are less embarrassing than sonic/mlp crossovers.
>>
>>25925074
It's a good thing James didn't do those!

Oh, wait...
>>
File: image.png (163 KB, 879x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163 KB, 879x1024
>>25923336

>I'm so dead inside I can't feel pain
>>
So how this secret fetish of his was revealed? I can't imagine he just told someone and that single person started all that.
>>
>>25925190
Don't even remember. There IS a video of him at the most recent autism con, though.
>>
>>25925190
he draws his fetish
his drawstyle is "unique", o it was like 1+1
and besides, he wanted to be find out. everyone knows you don't post drawings about your fetish on DeviantArt
>>
>>25921828
>depressed people are depressed because they want. think about: there's you (a guy alive, with a roof on his head, a meal on your table, a job which you can support yourself, and you didn't do something against your health/psycosis), and then there's the people of the thirld world, people living wars everyday, people dying of diseases/criminal acts
Jesus fucking christ. Quit acting like you have any knowledge about this shit. You don't stop feeling depressed the moment you realize people you don't care about, probably hundreds of miles away, have it worse than you. A problem that causes depression isn't just solved by saying "b-but look at the african children!" Or else, everyone but the one person in the world who has the worst life would be a trotting sack of happiness.

Can people sometimes blow problems way out of proportion? Absolutely, but you have to work around that to make the person eventually realize that, not throw it on their face saying "lol quit being depressed about stupid shit" and expect everything to work out a second later.

And this is all unrelated to the OP's topic. I don't give a shit about that guy, whoever he is.
>>
>>25925187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCiFO7qV54E
>>
2bh that video was pretty edgy.
>>
who the heck cares

25 is the age where proper adulthood should have kicked in already

unless someone is michalangelo they should be focusing on improving isntead of whining
>>
>>25925368
Nothing is more annoying than the faggots who always say "it could be worse".
>>
>>25925542
Maybe so, but that doesn't make the statement any less true. I'd rather be depressed, homeless, and infested with syphilis than be a child soldier in Africa, for example.

It COULD be worse.
>>
>I'm feeling bad
>well kids in africa are starving
>OH WOW I FEEL PERFECTLY NOW
people can't be this retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1916x1073) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1916x1073
>>25925542
>>25925718
>>
>>25925542
The problem is, in vast majority of cases, it isn't even "it could be worse". It is "it is not even a problem". All these "depressions" are essentially self-digging and self-pitying without any actual legit ground under them.

I'm ok with fourteen years old teenager do not understanding this, as he hadn't even seen anything actually "bad" and worth to be depressed over, yet. He's sitting there in his parents house, after a good meal, made by his mom who took care of his ass for almost fifteen years already, while his father is busy staying overtime at work, so the kid could get a PS4 on his birthday. So the kid uses high speed internet to tell other kids how hard his life, how no one understands him, etc. He is depressed. He can seek a help from a doctor, drink some medicine to cure him from this depression.
Yes, it is technically a real "depression". Yet, sorry, but I can't consider it being something more than the kid's own stupidity.

And it works for everything. I think the simple truth all people have to (and eventually will) learn is that in 95% of cases no one gives a fuck about anything. And neither should they.
>>
>>25925794
>something stops being bad because someone has it worse
>>
>>25921634
he's a loser and the people who kiss his ass are losers too

this world is full of losers even though it is very easy to be a winner. but the large majority of all people are stupid, lack ambition, energy and focus, do not even try to be successful. they are the reason why our world is so messed up
>>
>>25925840
Something stops being a reason to cry a river over, when you know there is shitton of people, who have it much worse, yet just deal with it without whining.
>>
>>25925875
You including yourself in there? If not, why?
>>
>>25925880
>other people deals with it, why not everyone thinks similar?
>what are they, individuals?
>>
>>25925902
>You including yourself in there?
no
>If not, why?
because I am smart, very ambitious and competent and I am continuously imrpoving my energy and focus. I'm building up bigger and bigger momentum for a great career and exremely productive life
>>
>>25925924
There is a low probability of you contributing something meaningful to the world, and a hundred years after you die most of the world will not remember your name.

Not saying to give up, but don't get an inflated head, anon. You bleed the same color as everyone else at the end of the day.
>>
>>25922934
You're right let's not listen to you.
>>
>>25925962
>ignoring an anon
at least let me use a name, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 700x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 700x874
>>25925924

>I am smart, I am continuously imrpoving
>>
>>25925918
>talks in green
>doesn't realise he looks like a retard.

But "why can't everyone be not a whiny bitch" is a good question though.
>>
>>25926018
LOL SICK MEME BRO LET ME UPVOTE YOU ON INSTAGRAM XDDDD
>>
>>25925875
>>25925924
Conceited mongoloid who will never amount to anything detected.
>>
>>25925924
Tell me your age and achievements so far, then.
>>
>>25925951
>There is a low probability of you contributing something meaningful to the world, and a hundred years after you die most of the world will not remember your name.
I don't care about that

I am already rich and I am just at the beginning

wealth reflects contribution to society. so far I am contributing more than most people. that said, being successful in a balanced way is extremely satisfying

I don't want to brag, I am simply saying the truth. why don't you try to be successful too? everyone should try. the more successful, meaning productive people we have, the better life becomes for everyone
>>
>>25926051
Money where your mouth is. It's easy to say you're successful. Easy to make it seem like your opinion is actually worth listening to.

Prove it.
>>
>>25926029
Because not everyone deals the same thing the same way.
Nor they have to meet your/my standards.
>>
>>25921828
> there's you (a guy alive, with a roof on his head, a meal on your table, a job which you can support yourself, and you didn't do something against your health/psycosis), and then there's the people of the thirld world, people living wars everyday, people dying of diseases/criminal acts.

Oh boy, a fallacy of relative privation. Good work, horsefucker.
>>
>>25926051
>wealth reflects contribution to society
>price = value

Holy shit, this is hilarious!
>>
>>25926135
Oh boy, a fallacy fallacy. Good work, brony.
>>
>>25926081
I agree on that. It's just sometimes frustrating to see a person being bothered so much by some shit that is completely insignificant in my opinion.
This is where "depressed people want to be depressed" comes from. If me and them are in a similar situation when I don't give a fuck, and they think about suicide - it isn't about the situation we are in. It is about me and them.

And the important thing is, people can actually change their way of thinking. Most of the people actually do this while aging. So they "can" just stop caring about all this shit and be happy. Whether "will" they do it or not - it's a whole another question.
>>
File: rarepepefs.png (5 KB, 383x195) Image search: [Google]
rarepepefs.png
5 KB, 383x195
>>25926157
No where did I claim your conclusion was wrong - just your method of arguing. Don't try to game me, pleb.
>>
File: 7596082.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
7596082.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
>>25926229
>what are implications
I never actually saved any ebin Costanza maymays, so have a Debbie Downer.
>>
File: apresent4u.jpg (143 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
apresent4u.jpg
143 KB, 890x890
>>25926289
>>
>>25926341
'preciate the effort, but there's a reason I never downloaded any ebin Costanza maymays.
>>
>>25926185
except thats not how people work at all.
>>
File: top_kek_appuljeck.gif (469 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
top_kek_appuljeck.gif
469 KB, 480x270
>>25923142
>all those animators who try so hard to be either Egoraptor or Hotdiggydemon.
>>
>>25922353
>Why do people think differently than me?

Some people, believe it or not, actually can't get over the little things that happen in their lives because they never experienced something like this or have no one they can go to for help. Others have chemical imbalances in their brains that prevent them from "just not thinking about it, brah."
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.