[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War never changes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: medium-51.jpg (56 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
medium-51.jpg
56 KB, 500x523
Writefags, do your best to provide a story for this picture.
>>
>>25905680
>Be Anonymous, bottom-level soldier
>Literally cannon fodder
>Captured by ponies
>USA disavows you
>Fug
>Sitting in prison waiting to die
>Starving asf
>tfw hungry
>Beg the guardmare for food
>She agrees, on one condition
>You get one meal a day, she comes in and screws you whenever she feels like it
>Waits for you to finish eating
>Comes in and rapes you
>Such is life
>>
>>25905680
>They told me that I wouldn't be here long....
>They said the war would be over soon...
>Well, "they" are dead.
>But you know what?
>I'm still here, in the tall fields.
>Waiting it out.
>Hoping to Celestia that this war truly will be over soon...
>>
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>25905680
Dash is going Trick-or-Treating dressed as Private Joker from Full Metal Flank Jacket.
>>
>>25905680
>war happened
>it didnt change
>>
>>25905680
Give me a few minutes, maybe an hour. I'll cook something up.
>>
>>25905928
MOAR
>>
>>25906841
Make sure to come up with a name so I can know what story I'm reading
>>
>>25905680
>Be Rainbow Dash
>You shift your helmet
>And Rarity sighs
>"No, no. Hmm. How about, ooh, dear, hold up that dog tag in your mouth will you?"
>You teeter side to side uncomfortably
"Is this war fashion stuff just a liiiitle insensitive to our soldiers?"
>"War fashion? It's war chic, my dear, and it looks positively..."
>She winks
>"Dashing on you."
>That was gay as fuck
>You pick up the beads of the dog tag
>And she works her magic on the scene behind you
>Or not really
>She said there would be a scene but all you see is a green piece of paper
"Ugh, I'll never understand this stuff."
>"Just hang on for a little longer. You did make a promise after all."
>You roll your eyes
>But it was worth it
>The wonderbolt costume, real, authentic, was resting at your house
>It's going to be so awesome, you're going to invite everyone and show it off
>And people will praise the awesome-
>"Can you step a little bit to the left?"
>You shuffle.
>She waves her hoof to the other side
>And you move
>And back
>And forth
>And perfect
>"Now look like you've been to war, look stunned, look tortured."
>She snaps a picture
>You didn't really put on a facial expression, just grabbing the necklace in your mouth
>She squeals
>"You look so adorable!"
>You spit out the necklace and cross your hooves, flying back up
>It feels much more natural in the air
"Do not."
>She ignores you
>"Oh, I'll be the talk of Canterlot with this idea."
>You groan
>"War chic takes canterlot by storm! Imagine the headlines!"
"Are we done here?"
>"Well, I see one of us here doesn't appreciate-"
"Okay, bye!"
>You zoom out
>Through a window
>And miss
>The helmet messes a little with your sight
>And you break her window
>You look back as you soar away, the wind rushing through your mane
"Sorry!"
>>
>>25906841
This is going to take longer than expected. If the thread dies, oh well.
>>
>>25907075
Pretty good
>>
The rotors beat a regular rhythm as the choppers hug the sea on their way in. The pegasus leans out, one hoof hooked around the handrail staring at the rapidly approaching coast. 5 minutes. She sits back down, double checking her rifle and her gear.

3 minutes. The voice of the Captain crackles through her headphones.

"Listen up! Intel says Zebra guerillas have been moving weapons and ammo through this shit hole of a village! Dumb ziggers think that hiding under the skirts of their civvies will save them! First Cav is gonna show them how wrong they are!"

The pegasus checks her gear again, desperate to keep her nerves under control.
>>
>>25908988
1 minute. If she leaned out, the pegasus could start making out the structures that made up the small sea side village. If she really tried, she could make out the zebra watchmen shouting warnings about the Equestrian heloes. The Captain cues the music, and the speakers on the underside of his bird begin blaring "Flight of Commander Hurricane".

30 seconds. The Shrikes streak overhead, so low the sonic boom rattles the pegasus's teeth. The two in the rear split slightly, tumbling containers of drakesfire onto the main roads. The remaining two blanket the rear of the village, where it meets the jungle. The village is surrounded by green flame.
>>
>>25909000
10 seconds. There's a constant chatter from the spotting Mayflies, directing the heavy firepower of the lead Heavy Coursers. They begin to break formation, hounds on a scent.

"Give 'em hell!” One last exhalation from the Captain.

Contact. The pegasus scans for targets on the ground. Small arms rattle off the bottom of the Courser. She sprays fire back. Out in front the Heavies are lighting off their banks of rockets. Explosions blow craters in the earth, sending up giant fountains of dirt and dust. Some of the fountains are tinged red. The pegasus can hear the chatter of their miniguns through her headphones.
>>
>>25909010
Contact + 1 minute. "Village square is open enough for landing! 1st Platoon, secure that area!" At the Captain's order, the pegasus pulls off her headphones and kicks out of the Courser, spreading her wings low to the ground to keep as much speed as possible. The rest of the pegasi in her chopper form on her.

Contact + 1 minute, 15 seconds. 4 groups of pegasi are already converging on the center of the village. The roar of the wind makes communication impossible, and the blurring landscape makes navigation difficult, but the pegasus already knows her squad is flying top cover. As she closes on the square, she flares her wings to slow to a speed she can actually see below her. She begins scanning for targets as the rest of the platoon lands and fans out.

Contact + 5 minutes. The pegasus is on the ground. She watches 2nd and 3rd Platoon spill from their choppers to count the bodies and check for intelligence. The earth ponies' heavy battle plate makes it safer to poke around the wreckage. The pegasus lights a cigarette, trying to block out the smell of burning flesh, and stares into the setting sun. She wishes she was on a different kind of crusade.
>>
>>25905680
>Since the war started, the skies have turned red with the blood of the
>Army hat
>Infinite Pain
> iINFd
>Can't
>>
>>25907477

>the tall grass in the field swayed gently in the breeze
>the green of their blades started to turn yellow with the season
>the sun was setting behind us; it's color turning from yellow to red

>the shadow of myself and my troops behind me start to become taller with time as we march on
>but that patch of peaceful grass caught my eye again; this time, I can't resist it any longer
>I turn to the soldiers behind me

"We'll rest here for a few minutes."

>the relief on their faces is almost palpable, as some of them just fall onto the virgin grass accepting its temporary comfort
>but as I said that, I surprised myself
>it was my voice

>before, I had more of a girly voice that cracked some times,
>but now, my voice was gravely, and it wasn't cute when it cracked anymore
>it was sad
>my voice had changed so much that sometimes I scared myself when I spoke

>a reporter tagged along with my unit, hoping to get some good shots and good stories for the folks at home
>I was hesitant to bring him along with us but HQ made it an order
>in time, I didn't care if he was with us or not; the people needed to see what was happening here

>he races over and sits next to me
>pulling out a pen and notepad; pushing up his glasses, he asks,
>"Sgt. Dash, since we have a few minutes can I ask you a few questions?"
>>
>>25909153

>I wave a hoof at him and shrug my shoulders
"Go ahead."

>giddily, he uses his unicorn magic and starts to write things down on his pad
>"Thank you so much. A lot of ponies back home aren't getting a lot of news about the war. Do you think there is government censorship involved in this, or is the information actually that hard to come by?"

>my body is weak; my head is heavy
>his questions serve a purpose, but I'm too tired to filter what I say
"Who knows, kid? My job isn't about information."

>he presses on, unwilling to move to another question before bugging me some more
>"But surely you have seen some action! Shouldn't the citizens of Equestria know what you're going through?"

>I shake my head
>he's so young and naive

"I don't know. This isn't for everyone."
>"If Princess Celestia was found to be censoring information to the public, would this make you upset?"
"That's something I would worry about when I get back.."

>I look at where I sit; in the midst of the patch of peaceful grass
>then I look around the patch of grass
>the place is war-torn
>dirt and plants up-heaved all over
>puddles of water tainted brown by dirt and mud,
>or red from blood

>ponies have died only feet away from where I sit; yet I am sitting in a small patch of paradise
"... if... I make it back."
>>
>>25909177

>he scribbles for a bit, then looks back up to me
>"Where are we right now?"
>I take a look around then pull out my map
>after studying it for a minute, I bury my face in the map
"Shreinge-Tu..."
>a long, sad sigh escapes my lungs
"We're still only in Shreinge-Tu.."

>away from my vision, he looks worried
>"Is.. that a problem..?"
>I don't acknowledge his hesitant question, though I did understand it

>the face of a terrified zebra flashes in my mind, if only for second
>I've seen it before, a thousand too many times

>the problem was something far more important than a reporter's question, but I still answer out loud

"I'm.. I'm still only in Shreinge-Tu."
>I put the map up and slowly look forward
>less than a 3 hour march ahead of me is our destination

>where it all started

>a tall wall of trees; behind them, only darkness
>I can feel the emotions draining out of me and sinking to my hooves
>around me, the world gets darker as my past claws its way into my head again

"Every time I wake up, I think I'm going to be there again."
>I know my face is blank... empty, but I don't care
>how I look is the least of my worries right now
>>
>>25909191

>he thinks for a moment, calculating his words carefully
>"You said 'be there again' so am I to understand that this is your second tour of duty?"

>my shoulders drop; the memories starting to reawaken in my mind
"One day I'm training for the Wonderbolts; the next, I'm in a private emergency meeting with the other Elements. Celestia is talking about war and how me must lead the fight as the Elements. I zone out after that, too excited about what was to come."

>I don't look at him while I say this; I only look forward

"On the way over to the fight, Twilight filled us in on our orders. The plan was to stick together and spearhead past a weak part of the enemy's lines."

>I shake my head and blink my eyes
"But plans have a way of not working out. Our forces were spread too thin and we had to split up. I took my forces into the mess charging.."

"That would be my first mistake, but it wouldn't be my last."

>the kid is furiously writing at this point
>"What happened after that?"

"It was awful. They were dug in there so deep that it turned into a lost cause. Neither side was gaining ground but the ground itself was gaining blood."

>in a flash, I can feel myself there again
>the muck on my hooves and legs from the marsh
>the eyes in the dark approaching
>my squad all over the place, panicking, yelling out in fear
>the sounds of choking and the smell of death around me
>>
>>25909022

More please. This is good stuff.
>>
>>25909205

>I relive the moment for far too long before the reporter asks
>"Sgt. Dash, are you alright?"

>I snap out of it and take a moment to try and put it behind me
"After a few months, my unit got replaced and we got some R&R. I told the XO that I needed to do something else. I needed to be more useful. I had seen too much to just go home after all of that. I asked for hell."

>I breathe in
"And hell is what they gave me; in the form of a mission. I wasn't a regular soldier any more; I was Special Ops."

>"What happened after that?"
"I can't tell you what happened. It's classified."

>"Ah, well... did you go home after that?"
"Yeah. Yeah I did."

"..sort of. I was never so glad to see my own place again. "

>I look forward again, smoke in the horizon
"But the feeling didn't last long. The girls dealt with it in their own way but we never talked about what happened. The family wanted me to talk to them about it but they couldn't understand why I didn't want to tell them what it was like. Eventually, they got tired of waiting for me to be 'normal' again."

"All this time, I couldn't sleep well. When I was here, I wanted to be home. When I finally got home, I could only think about being here. Before I could say 'no' to visiting family again, I said 'yes' to another tour."

>"But.. why? If it was so awful, why come back? Are you that loyal to our country?"

"I stopped caring about my country when I stopped being able to sleep."

>hearing what I said, he stops for a moment
>he never expected me to say that
>"What do you miss the most?"

>It's a simple enough question

"I feel like some ponies might say apple pie, or their jobs, or their families and friends..."
>>
>>25909289

>but it's also something I haven't let myself think about for a long time
"But I.."

>the overwhelming sadness starts to envelope me again as I feel my jaw quiver
"I miss smiling.."

>my eyes are starting to wet,
>but I squint them together and shake my head
>standing back up, I bark out
"Time to move out!"

>the troops behind me stand immediately and follow me in formation
>the reporter quickly scampers off into formation as well

>and we march...

>towards the trees

>later, as we approach the trees,
>the sky has grown dark as the sun disappeared
>I get the radio call to pass the trees and expect heavy resistance

>the reporter runs up to me again before we move and asks
>"What are you going to do when you get back?"

"I'll.."
>the fighting rages on only a few clicks inside the marsh
>a swarm of thoughts enter my mind as I steel myself for the fight to come

"I'll look myself in the mirror and try to come to terms with the fact that it's all ogre now."

Namefagging because I want you to know who did this to you.
>>
File: the fappening.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
the fappening.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>25905928
The thread is already off to a great start
>>
>>25909317

>"I'll look myself in the mirror and try to come to terms with the fact that it's all ogre now."

I almost forgot I was on 4-chan.
>>
File: YFYIbtL.jpg (20 KB, 456x297) Image search: [Google]
YFYIbtL.jpg
20 KB, 456x297
>>25910346
>4-chan.
>>
>>25909317
hello R3tarD
>>
>>25909022
Need more of this.
>>
File: 1431321784847.png (90 KB, 700x333) Image search: [Google]
1431321784847.png
90 KB, 700x333
>>25905680
Final Log 25468:
My name is Lt Rainbow Dash of the 08th Aerial Assault Unit, and I'm a dead mare.

You would think, that knowing this, I would be scared, or angry, or sad. Fearing my own end, or how painful it will be.

But in all honestly? Its liberating, knowing I will have a release from this hell soon.

We were enlisted by Twilight herself who naive thought this matter could be settled with friendship. We just needed to talk it out, sing a song, bake a cake, or if worst came to worst get into a hoof fight, and laugh it off after we worked off our stress.

Our first red flag should have been when we were happily recruited, but Twilight was refused because of her status. Too important they said. We didnt really pay much mind to this though, since we were used to ponies paying more attention to twilight's status, it wasn't exactly anything new.

<cont>
>>
File: 1436347486326.png (133 KB, 266x265) Image search: [Google]
1436347486326.png
133 KB, 266x265
>>25911515
They never did tell her what she signed us up for, or about the conflict in the east. I was fairly certain Celestia herself didn't know what was going on. Since this wasn't a cataclysmic daemon barging his way out of a eons old jail cell to kill us all, It may have just flown under her radar, cause frankly, ponies fight and die everyday and she doesn't care.
Not that I blame her... The hugbox she constructed around us was lovely, the innocent idea that friendship saves us all, and good always wins the day, is far more preferable to this blood drenched reality I found myself in.
I was so stupid. Fresh out of boot, they wasted no time shipping me off, to join up with my squad mates of the 08th aerial squad, at least that's what they told me it was.
The way my CO spun it, I was just gonna go out there, fly around a bit, scout out things for our ground ponies to explore, and be back in no time. Quick and easy. And I bought it.
In reality, we airbornes got to kickback and do nothing. Months worth of nothing, while Aj's unit, who just so happened to be the 07th Assault Unit, did most of the grunt work.
From fuck oclock, to dusk they were out, in the shit, clearing out wherever the COs pointed them. And I watched them, day by day, dwindle in number.
AJ somehow, managed to always come back, she was always the mare helping another hobble back, or she was one of the mares carrying the stretcher, offering words of comfort to the poor scared torn up thing.
She came to me on a balmy summer evening, right up to the airborne tents, and straight up to my CO, Requesting permission to speak with me. It was so blunt, and curt, I was allowed to take her back to my tent so we could speak privately.
The best way to describe her, was tired, she had slight bags under her eyes, the deep emerald green she used to have had turned dull and flat, her gorgeous mane, was now down and caked with mud leaves, and oil from being unable to bathe.
<cont>
>>
>>25911687
I sat across from her, looking into those tired, ancient eyes when she spoke. She told me about the mission she was taking, about how her unit tactician had giving her unit a .01% survival rate, and how every mare was terrified, how some had tired to go awol and were shot to try to inspire moral, and how that made the rest hide in their bunks.
I want to say I was outraged, or mad, or something, I however was simply dumbstruck, and It only got worse when my tired friend wrapped her arms around me and buried her face in my shoulder, and began trembling. There was a time where I would mock her, call her a wuss, playfully of course, but now, now I wanted to join her in helplessness, but something inside me refused.
We sat together until AJ simply rose, she looked down at me, with that haunting expression, and whispered her goodbye, before trotting off towards her camp. I was compelled to follow. I watched her join up with her formation, I watched her salute, I watched her pick her gear up and suit up, I watched her trot out past the barbwire covered gates, and Into a blood red sunset hued jungle. And I was alone in a camp that was full of life before. Even the tactician who had given such horrid odds had gone along, since she had no choice, they needed every hoof on a rifle.

<cont>
>>
File: 1428468874429.png (885 KB, 900x524) Image search: [Google]
1428468874429.png
885 KB, 900x524
>>25911776
I don't know how long I sat there in front of those gates. Had it been a few seconds, or a few hours? A week? three? Who knew.
I was snapped out of my stupor by my CO barking my name, by sheer muscle memory I turned to her, Barked out a 'Yes Mam?" and snapped up a salute, and was met with soft pitying eyes, and a sigh.
She told me many things, about why we were here, what we hopped to accomplish, and what exactly the 07th had been up to all this time.
Turns out there was this unbreakable bunker just a few trots north of us, and someone way the fuck up in the brass thought it was an amazing idea to throw the entirety of the 07th at them, and not use the 08th as support, like we were supposed to be used. And last nights late night assault had been a catastrophic failure. The words hung in the air, and buzzed around in my brain. I looked at her, and she seemed to be able to read me like a daring do book. Turns out AJ had been In front, and they marched into a machine gun nest. And If that wasn't bad enough, the same bonehead decided he wanted the 08th to work In conjunction with a sniper unit, to somehow clear the bunker, And that was exactly why she was here telling me all of this. She quietly handed me a requisition form receipt, and Informed my my new rifle was on my bunk, and the entirety of the 08th was due out at 0500.

Its 0459, and countless silhouettes of the 08th nearly blot out the blood red dawn. The terrified tactician, the last to fall in formation, she wouldn't even share what odds we had of anyone of us coming back.

I took to the air falling in a distance behind the unit, taking to the treeline as instructed, the smell of smoke teasing my nostrils. I should be terrified, but I feel strangely at peace.

I'm coming for you AJ.
>>
>>25911892
Noice.
>>
>>25905928
Bumping for more like this
>>
bumpo
>>
bimp
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.