[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >Kind of person who browses here and actively writes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Krillin_hiding_with_Gohan.png (384 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
Krillin_hiding_with_Gohan.png
384 KB, 600x439
>Be me
>Kind of person who browses here and actively writes and drawfags for /mlp/.
>It's Christmas eve.
>Drinking with family, having a good time.
>Younger cousin starts making fun of other cousin who is a complete autist.
>Autist cousin is about 14-16ish.
>Says something about pony stocking on hung on the fireplace. Then points out pony toys next to autist cousin's computer along with trades of the IDW comic.
>Autist cousin continues to sit in the room with family ignoring everyone and playing some stupid rouguelike.
>Autist cousin clearly doesn't know how to hide his power level.
>Eventually normal cousin takes book from autist cousin's desk and tells me to read it for some unknown reason.
>It's "The Journal of the Two Sisters."
>Read in funny voices like super mutant and Baby Cakes.
>Eventually get bored and stop.
>Learn later that autist cousin is homeschooled and does weird autistic shit like beeping when he talks.
>Don't really know autist cousin that well.

Can I or should I do anything to help my autistic cousin, or is it better that I just worry about my own power level?
>>
File: Pinkiegavemecavities.gif (651 KB, 645x576) Image search: [Google]
Pinkiegavemecavities.gif
651 KB, 645x576
>>25892474
I honestly stopped reading at "Be me".
Anyway, have a pony, whatever your problem might be.
>>
>>25892474
>Learn later that autist cousin is homeschooled and does weird autistic shit like beeping when he talks.
Beeping?
>>
>>25892523
Yeah, I didn't experience that first hand but according to one of my family members he makes beeping noises when you try to talk to him. It's fucking bizarre.
>>
>>25892474
Fuck that autist, just make fun of him. Don't try to teach him anything, it's not worth the nerves.
>>
>>25892562
Autists gonna be autists, man. If you think you've seen everything there's to see in the world, find an autist and he's sure to prove you wrong.
>>
File: 1443049739240.jpg (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1443049739240.jpg
63 KB, 800x600
>>25892474
Do the right thing anon.
Smother him with a pillow while he sleeps.
>>
File: 1450210581457.png (79 KB, 190x171) Image search: [Google]
1450210581457.png
79 KB, 190x171
Help him you shitface, let him discover the magic of /mlp/, dont let him die alone
>>
>>25892474
Alright, I'm gonna speak honestly here. I, myself, am a legit, diagnosed autist. I have Asperger's instead of one the more serious forms, but I've still got my quirks and difficulties and shit, and I was homeschooled myself for most from third grade till the end of high school . Now, one of the reasons I feel I turned out as well as I did, was that I had good friends who understood and helped me. I'm not saying you can anything to help your cousin, but what can it hurt to try?
>>
>>25892474
Leave him be. No matter how well meaning your intentions, it'll probably just make things worse.
>>
>>25892474
Hey, another Asperger's / HFA case here giving my two bits. Normally I'd try to hide that here, but given you're that rare breed of 4channer that isn't spouting "autistic" as an insult, I'm willing to give some advice on how to help.

You could privately express to his parents a desire to get a closer one-on-one relationship with said autistic cousin, and help reassure him he isn't alone in his interests. I assume that your cousin's social interactions are limited; but the thing is, isolation does not help autistic people develop so much as it protects them from the abusive piece-of-shit system that is public education for places like America. Thusly, having someone in the family that won't make him feel like shit for his interests will do him a world of good.

If you're concerned about your own power level, just make absolutely sure he and his parents know you want to keep it a secret from the rest of the family.

>>25892623
See, I'm glad OP isn't going to take a post like this seriously.

>>25892702
That might be an even worse idea than smothering him with a pillow, given how "autistic" and "nigger" are practically interchangeable here.
>>
>>25892788
God help the poor soul if he ever has to not take himself seriously.
>>
Yes

No

Do what you want to
>>
>>25892474
Poor kid.
>>
>>25892474
Find a way to get the other cousin to stop being a shit without exposing your power level
>>
>>25894094
Christmas is over anon, I don't need to tell him to stop. Also I'm not his dad, not my responsibility to tell him to stop being a shit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.