[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you go to Equestria >All the inhabitants are either scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 40
File: FUCK.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>you go to Equestria
>All the inhabitants are either scared or disgusted in you
>>
>>25888679
rape has that effect on all sentient beings
>>
>>25888679
>you go to Equestria
>either scared or disgusted in you
>or disgusted in you
>in you
I want the vore fags to remove their existence.
>>
>>25888679
>you go to Equestria
>All the inhabitants literally will not stop trying to smell you and to nose into your armpits
>>
>>25888679
Look at how they treat zebras, dragons, diamond dogs. Pretty much canon they'd treat an ayylien in a suit no different.
>>
>You go to equestria
>All the ponies talk in whinnies and neighs
>They shit everywhere
>They occationally bite you
>>
>>25888730
I would much rather be in them. I'm not a pred.
>>
>>25888679
>Spend some time living in town.
>get some help from the mane 6 to look good to the residents
>earn their trust after time passes
>live a life in a happy little town where everyone is kind
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>25888679
"It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both."
>>
>>25888679
>you go to Equestria
>guns and all other weapons are banned
>travel is heavily restricted
>free speech is nonexistent
>it's a police state
>nopony questions it
>you can't do anything because you will be reported imprisoned
>>
File: 1427936326682.jpg (118 KB, 792x550) Image search: [Google]
1427936326682.jpg
118 KB, 792x550
>>25888679
Who can blame them?
>>
>>25888679
Why would they be? Behave like a civilized person and share the advanced technological and scientific knowledge you will inevitably bring and they will have to grudgingly accept you at worst.
>>
>>25888931
>Try to share technology
>They already have quantum mechanics done because of their use of magic
>>
>>25888963
That raises some questions. Where are the computers? The airplanes? Why do they use spears and carriages instead of ARs and automobiles?
>>
>>25888975
I meant it more like that they are incredible advanced in some fields where it has to do with magic.
>>
>>25888975
Why would they need those things?
Pegasi can break the sound barrier fueled on hay. carriages would significantly out compete cars and planes.
>>
>>25888984
so basically like if a small amount of magic was introduced into our world. the overlap would make some aspects worthless, but others incredibly game changing.
>>
>>25888984
OK, but they don't have many of the luxuries of the first world, so we could still bring them.
>>
>>25888679
>go to equestria
>the ponies are nervous around you because of your height
>>
>>25888992
What if you're not one of the tiny fraction of ponies who can do that? What if you can't afford to employ a chauffeur to be waiting for you?
>>
>>25888856
That would be a bigger problem if they weren't so accommodating, forgiving, and pleasant. Free speech seems fine, no law came down on the foal free press in response to its slander. Travel seems more than fine, public trains that can take you into the capital and beyond in little to no time with what seems like no red tape at all. And of course there is tartarus to worry about, but if starlight glimmer can be forgiven for world ending terrorism just because she hugged it out with a princess then I am not worried about being imprisoned for wanting fewer royal guard.
>>
>>25888995
Thats the same in out world. If there's no need for something then no one will do it.
>>
>>25889020
every pegasus we've seen has been able to carry a load under flight and costs would be significantly depressed compared to any earth analogues.

Besides, equestria doesn't have the Civil engineering problems that cars solve. A pony can walk 20km to work.
>>
>>25889056
>costs would be significantly depressed compared to any earth analogues.
That's what the Luddites said about motor vehicles in 1900. You are vastly underestimating labor costs. Also, you can walk 20km to work, but do you want to?
>>
>>25888856
So Anon goes to Germany?
>>
>>25889085
Basically every Eurasian country besides Finland and the Czech republic
>>
>>25889073
They have helicopters. I'm sure they could have cars if they wanted them. They also reference tanks. So even if they aren't talking about something like a modern tank they still know about armored transport. And what really is a car beside poorly armored transport.

The simple answer is they don't have cars because they don't want them, because carts are fine.

Have a literal luddite horse though.
>>
>>25888679
They might be scared, but what would you expect? At the very least Twilight would probably approach you as something interesting from a scholarly point of view. And once they find out you're a nice person then you'd probably make some friends. There would be hard times at the beginning but I'm sure it would get better with time.
>>
>>25889133
So ponies are okay with a stagnant economy and inefficient travel? Carts are objectively inferior to cars and aircraft in any developed nation. I don't think you see what advantages modern transportation brought to our world. You can cross America by car in a week and go to anywhere in the world, from anywhere in the world, in under two days by plane. Remote cities in Equestria are clearly rarely visited and there are vast unexplored territories.
>>
>>25889148
Yeah, and that suits them just fine. They are simpler kinder folk. Or maybe they just don't know how to get gasoline or combustion engines yet.

Their economy is doing fine, they aren't griffonstone.

Sure we have better technology than them and it is in huge part to to transportation. But thats just not something they give a fuck about. They are content, and they sure as hell are happier than we are. So yeah they are totally okay with it.

have another luddite horse
>>
>>25889148
They do have an economy we had a few hundred years ago though. More local and not global. So the transportation is not that big of a problem.
>>
>>25889216
>>25889256
You are implying that unhappiness on earth is a result of globalization and advanced transportation. Consider how often the world is collectively in a good mood. The whole "simpler times" ideology is a foolish fallacy. Also, being happy with your current situation does not mean that it can't improve.
>>
>>25889324
I never said that. Just said that Equestria is more like us a few hundred years ago.

Though if you live a simpler life you probably have a higher overall change of being happy. Simply because you don't know as much.
>>
>>25889345
If you live a simple life, you lack amenities and spend most of your time working and little relaxation. It is possible to long for something you've never known or hasn't been created.
>>
>>25889324
And you are assuming that equestria will improve with cars. Which is silly. They are horses, some of which can fly, and some of which have magic. Whatever improvements then need im sure they can figure out. Like I said they have helicopters already, if some pony wanted to make a car they would have. And you are assuming that globalization would lead to happiness. Equestrias neighbors seem tenuous at best. The yaks were ready to go to war, the dragons are dicks, the griffons are dicks. The saddle Arabians are ok but we don't know much about that situation. Globailzation in equestria could be a bad thing for all we know. And I would say the world is very rarely in a good mood, but having access to more people in a badmood would lead to a greater overall bad mood.

I'm going to run out of luddite horses.
>>
File: file.png (213 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
213 KB, 640x360
>>25888679
Cool with me. I want to go there to live among the scary nighttime things anyway. With any luck I'd snag muh scary ass waifu.
>>
>>25889324
>unhappiness on earth is a result of globalization and advanced transportation
Globalization sure did elevate it, the modern world in general has not been tapered to the average individual. Most advancements have only changed perspective, rather than being net positives.

>"simpler times" ideology is a foolish fallacy
Not really, it depends on how you view it and when

>>25889369
>If you live a simple life, you lack amenities and spend most of your time working and little relaxation
Absolutely baseless and unverifiable. Don't make shitty generalizations when you know they aren't true.
>>
>>25889391
>if some pony wanted to make a car they would have
Correct me if I am wrong but they don't have advanced enough internal combustion engines or electric motors. A pedal powered vehicle defeats the purpose. While the effect of globalization is debatable, it wouldn't hurt to have advanced technology. Imagine world war 2 if only the allies had cars and aircraft.
>>
>>25889369
Wrong. they have plumbing and heat. They don't struggle with a lack of electricity to do things at night. The only ponies we see doing an abundance of work are the apples and rarity. rarity is a business owner who is completely self made, and apples run a fuck huge farm with no outside employees. And even they have plenty of time to foster strong friendships with many others. And yes it is possible to want things you don't have, durr. But they ponies don't seem to want them and thats the point im trying to make. You like cars. You know they are over all a good thing to have for a multitude of reasons. Ponies don't give a fuck about that and they don't want them, or they would have them by now, they have helicopters, presumably peddle powered or magic. They could make a car, they choose not to.

Maybe unicorns intentionally suppress technology so they can feel good about themselves?

Either way have your luddite horse.
>>
>>25889413
>it wouldn't hurt to have advanced technology
Industrialization was shit, shit for everyone except the already well established. Not to mention the necessity and motivation isn't there, there is no intense competition or war in Equestria and I doubt any protestant heretics will plunge the kingdom into civil war anytime soon.

Oh and need I remind everyone we're not dealing with a 1-1 universe compared to Earth, maybe they had different necessities or past events which caused them to develop different technology at different times. Cars aren't a necessity for ponies who don't give a shit about people outside their village
>>
>>25889396
Ok then, what is a simple life to you? Is it a world like 100 years ago? Will technology destroy it?
>>
File: 1364973812077.jpg (230 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1364973812077.jpg
230 KB, 1500x1500
>>25889413
I already said it might be because they don't have internal combustion.

Yeah but that would make it a rare thing and not a publicly available technology. Otherwise you would lose your advantage and your potential enemy would gain the car as well. So they couldn't use it to get around if they wanted to keep it to themselves.

The real question is how did spike heat a bubble bath that used up "all the water in ponyville" Do they burn oil? did he have some kind of pyre under it all? how did no one notice? or do they have running hot water systems? How?
>>
>>25888802
>>They shit everywhere
Why can't Equestria just
POO IN THE LOO
O
O

I
N

T
H
E

L
O
O
>>
>>25889451
There are toilets, you see them in an episode.
>>
File: file.png (1012 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1012 KB, 1920x1080
>>25889446
>The real question is how did spike heat a bubble bath
Gee. I wonder how a dragon could possibly produce heat.
>>
>>25889437
>Industrialization was shit, shit for everyone except the already well established.
Sure sucks to be able to buy food and clothes. I miss the times when I my family's life depended on my crop yield that I spent 15 hours a day on.
>>
File: 1441239680759.jpg (83 KB, 900x1148) Image search: [Google]
1441239680759.jpg
83 KB, 900x1148
>>25888776
no shit. the only reason anyone here thinks otherwise is because waifuisn and the shit filled trainwreck that is eqg.

The fringes of Equestria are cold and meat is worth its weight in gold. if equestrians played D&D we would be in their monster manual.
>>
File: cool shit.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cool shit.png
1 MB, 1280x720
For everyone arguing about Equestrian technology. It does exist, but what they don't have is massive marketing. When somepony invents something, it isn't immediately subjected to mass production in order to sell identical shit allover the place. Technology is mostly just a novelty, that's why we get bored of the vast majority of it so easily and constantly move onto the next "great" thing.
>>
>>25889427
>Maybe unicorns intentionally suppress technology so they can feel good about themselves?
Either that or Celestia is doing it.
I'm not just talking about cars here, I'm talking about all the technology their world apparently lacks. Computers, internet, phones.
>>
>>25889461
Nice memes, take a history class beyond high school then come back.
>>
>>25889475
>Technology is mostly just a novelty, that's why we get bored of the vast majority of it so easily and constantly move onto the next "great" thing.
I don't think you understand how many practical uses technology has.
>>
File: 1450058871115.gif (328 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
1450058871115.gif
328 KB, 1000x773
>>25889461
>>
File: jfeFsP1.png (502 KB, 485x723) Image search: [Google]
jfeFsP1.png
502 KB, 485x723
>>25889454
>implying subhumans and inhuman cretures are capable of rational thinking
>>
>>25889490
What's appealing about a world with high infant mortality rates and little running water? Please tell me how industrialization ruined the world by making goods cheaply for everyone.
>>
>>25889505
>>implying if all of india used water closets they wont be great britain circa 1830 with cholera outbreaks fucking everywhere.
>>
>>25889491
I think you underestimate just how impractical modern technology actually is. Do you honestly think ponies would be okay with sweatshops, wires/poles/antennas ruing their landscape, satellites ruing their night sky, massive mining operations, or outright pollution?

It's not like they outright ignore practical uses, though. They have buildings, dams, trains, some kind of waste disposal system since they have toilets, and I'm sure a bunch of other shit that isn't coming to mind.
>>
File: 12e.gif (1005 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
12e.gif
1005 KB, 320x240
>>25889216
that is the good shit.
>>
>>25889437
>Industrialization was shit, shit for everyone except the already well established.

Kid, the Industrial Revolution was one of if not greatest thing to happen to our species.
>>25889490
Oh I see. You're just retarded.
>>
>>25889514
it didn't provide those for everyone, it provided them for some, the rest lived in filth and crammed in a disease ridden city. they worked twice as long per day, and twice as much per year, for conditions that you would call inhuman where you forced to live in them, but you aren't. you are here obnoxiously shitposting on a website, unaware that the very privilage of you being able to do that instead of being forced to sell everything and move to a shit shack in a smog covered city so your family doesn't starve and can have the luxury of dying of disease and cholera is itself a supreme luxury undreamt of by the people who revolted.

The only reason things are different now is because workers revolted, protested, and fought for safety, regulation, and control on morally bankrupt corporations. and we've been doing it ever since. only now we've been so successful retards as old as you or me but as stupid and ignorant as you don't understand why they have it so good.
>>
>>25889528
Perhaps big business in Equestria would be better regulated than here. Radio has saved countless lives and mining has provided us with countless resources. It doesn't have to be hazardous or destroy the environment.
>>
File: 051111_darwin_portrait_02.jpg (72 KB, 630x885) Image search: [Google]
051111_darwin_portrait_02.jpg
72 KB, 630x885
>>25889520
>cholera outbreaks
>implying it wouldn't be for the best in the long run
>>
>>25889457
Enough for all the water in ponyville? We only ever see him do short little plums. And how would he heat all the water and take the bath for long enough to use all the water, if he has to keep breathing fire onto the bottom of the tub?

think for a fucking second anon c'mon.
>>
>>25888679
>you're in Equestria
>everyone pretty much has a disdain for you, even though you somewhat resemble a minotaur
>apparently, you're still too different from everything else in this world
>fancy that
>since 99% of Equestria kinda hates you, what else can you really do?
>join a caravan
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHnlLP4SnAE
>if could call this a caravan, anyway
>three different species in a wagon, going who knows where
>close enough
>you sit in the back, looking upon your surroundings
>a donkey is pulling the wagon
>he's slow, but consistent
>at least he almost never needs breaks
>there's an ever faithful friend sleeping next to you
>a changeling
>long story
>and then there's you
>a big guy with a sword you found in the middle of nowhere with armor from the world's smallest minotaur
>ponies just call this thing a hunk of iron
>show's what they know
>so far, everything's been pretty peaceful
for now

I'll continue this if people show interest
>>
>>25889548
>>having the people that run society and keep the economy afloat aren't important to my livelyhood, i have money after all!

the faggot pictured combined with how fucking retardedly racist central europe was (at the time) compared to neighboring countries is one of the biggest reason marxism failed. they hated evolution, because their simplistic world view and their fascist competators alike could not comprehend how empathy, teamwork, and compassion, could be evolutionaraly selected for. So of course they eschewed the scientific theory in its whole, ruining their ability to farm and exposing russia and their neighbors to famine.
>>
>>25889556
I don't want this to be continued, its fun, but with the state of the threads prompt it will only lead to circlejerking wank and pone rebel 12 year old fantasies as has infected pretty much all of Fimfiction
>>
>>25889541
No, you don't understand how tough life was before the industrial revolution. Yes, it sucked for the people who had to live through it, but the cities didn't go from a Paradise to Dystopia overnight because of the revolution. Do you really wish it never happened? Do you want to make and mend your own clothes and furniture? Besides, Equestria wouldn't necessarily go through it exactly the same.
>>
File: 1383018214923.png (1023 KB, 800x831) Image search: [Google]
1383018214923.png
1023 KB, 800x831
>>25889505
All your post proves is that ponies are superior to Indians.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (107 KB, 677x652) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
107 KB, 677x652
>>25889566
mind explaining that again?
>>
>>25889543
They can already teleport messages to each other without radio. Clearly they already mine for resources (gold, gems, etc), but just don't do it on an industrial scale that harms the environment. That's perfectly fine. Hell, people were using oil that seeped to the surface long before we had these massive oil fields and that wasn't hurting the environment like it is these days. Humans don't know how to control themselves. Ponies are just developing their technology at a much slower rate, because they see that massive growth isn't necessary and the bad much more often outweighs the good. That doesn't mean they don't know how to make use of technology.
>>
>>25889554
Why wouldn't he be able to head the water directly, why does it need to be under the tub? He doesn't seem to have a limit on how many short plumes he spits out, so at worst he'd just get tired while heating up the whole thing. Also, maybe it was just a normal size bath and Ponyville was going through a drought?
>>
>>25889514
>for everyone.
Yes, please tell the dirt poor, impoverished italian immigrants how great industrialization is, how working in shitty conditions for 12 hours was great, hey look we got cheap goods with quality to match. When the British style factory was first brought to America you wanna know why they had to hire women? Because the conditions were shit and they were the only ones they could convince to do it, men would rather move out west and have the ability to subsist on their own. Just because you have access to the luxuries now doesn't mean industrialization was a net positive, go tell the chink kid making iphones how great industrialization is, go tell the chinks in Beijing how great industrialization is, they probably wouldn't even be able to see you past the smog

Oh and I'd go ahead and advise you to actually read about the life of a medieval man, then go read about people in the Renaissance, and upward. Wells provided safe water, infant mortality rates is negligible since low population count can be a positive and Europeans had no trouble with recovering after the black death.

Industrialization brought a lot and made modern society, it's influential, but the overall positives, especially in an idyllic world like Equestria aren't worth it. As for the positives in our world, that's subjective as fuck, I'm not going to debate that.

>>25889530
>the Industrial Revolution was one of if not greatest thing to happen to our species
Ayy fuckign lmao. Are you gonna support that statement?
>Oh I see. You're just retarded
Hist statements are factually incorrect.
>>
>>25889576
So what's the problem with bringing them technology that's far more advanced so they can skip some steps and create more efficient machines and live an easier life?
>>
>>25889588
Industrialization doesn't have to be harmful a d inhumane, it was not regulated well enough. In Equestria it probably wouldn't turn out like it did here given the nature of the ponies.
>>
>>25889597
Fair enough. A moderate kind of industrialization with better implementation would be the best way. Still don't know why, they have no need or want
>>
>>25889602
People don't know what they want until it's presented to them.
>>
>>25889610
They clearly know manehatten exists and everyone in Ponyville seems perfectly content. And old habits die hard, it'd be pretty hard to change the simple ways of a society that is entirely based and centered towards specialism and individual tradesmen
>>
File: 1387609361848.png (146 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1387609361848.png
146 KB, 450x450
>>25889589
Go watch super speedy cider squeezy again. Ponies HATE whatever they don't like at the exact moment. The citizens panic all the time, at the drop of a hat. Being more effective is not something they give a fuck about. And thats the problem with it. They don't want it.

Sorry I couldn't find you anymore luddite horses. hmm I wonder why.
>>
>>25889589
Do you think it'd really be all that easy to just "skip some steps" in advancing technology? If you sent your laptop back in time to the ancient Romans, do you think they could just mass produce laptops for everyone?

Easy lives don't equate to good lives, anyway. Look at all the rich fucks killing themselves these days or just trying to make up "first world problems" to make their lives interesting.

Ponies have a nice balance of technology where they're at. Humans are so damn obsessed with constantly striving forward without taking in the sights and enjoying yourselves. Besides, the lack of digital technology is comfy as fuck. Why would you want to ruin that?

>>25889610
Then did they ever really want it? I'm sure cokeheads would be better off never knowing cocaine existed.
>>
>>25889589
m8, society and life only got complex with industrialization and urbanization.
>>
>>25889567
>>you don't understand how tough life was before the industrial revolution
no, I have a pretty damn clear picture of it actually. it sucked shit but the industrial revolution for the majority of lives it touched made things instantly worse, not better. about the only thing good it brought to EVERYONE was the ability to fuck off and try again somewhere else without being stuck in bumblefuck nowhere. for the people who didn't move, or moved to the wrong place, it was pure shit, often literally in their homes and in their water. they worked long days, went home dirty, woke up dirty, and otherwise lived in their own refuse.

compared to the way farms used to work, the extra free time available, the meriment. it was never enough to exuse the bullshit they went through at the expense of the nobility, but it was a far cry from their treatment by the rise of the upper middle class and the new non noble elite. on a farm there was space for people to exist. they could breath the air without the stink of smog and shit being omnipresent, there was water that didn't kill them with anywhere near as much frequency. there was room to sleep in a manner that isn't reminiscent of a pile of bodies left to rot ontop of eachother.

The farms may have been hard, there may have been war, disease, and poverty, but in the city squaler and filth was only outshone by disease and labor.
>>
>>25888679
good, i was worried things might be diffrent in questria
>>
>>25889588
>Are you gonna support that statement?
Yes I am.

Once we were able to mass manufacture steel and gained new understanding of mechanics we opened our world to unlimited possibility. With machines we are able to complete tasks that would take much man power at the flick of a switch.

For the first time in human history we were able to eradicate disease and create vaccines to protect our selves, extending our life expectancy.

The Industrial Revolution was the turning point for our species. In a huge burst we advanced at a rate greater than the collective of our entire history up to that point.

We freed our selves fron our physical limits and are now only bound to our ingenuity and creativity.

So fuck off you regressivism commie
>>
>>25889623
> If you sent your laptop back in time to the ancient Romans, do you think they could just mass produce laptops for everyone?

Give a man a fish he is fed for a day.
Teach a man to fish he his fed for life.

Same principle would apply.
You don't give them technology.
You teach them how it works.
>>
>>25889621
So they are irrational.
>>25889623
Send along the instructions and equipment to create the laptop, a team of engineers, and the raw materials needed to make it (yes I am aware of how much that would be) and convince the emperor to back it, and I could make laptops in Ancient Rome. You can make progress in technology and enjoy the sights at the same time.
>>
>>25889650
>>25889656
Could you make a laptop from scratch if you were sent back in time 1000 years? How about just 100 with the majority of advances already made for you? If not, how do you expect to teach other people how to do it?
>>
>>25889633
It didn't necessarily have to be so awful for the people involved. In Equestria it probably wouldn't. But look at the world today. Unless you want to go back to farm times, which you agree sucked shit, I would say it was a necessary evil. But it didn't even have to be.
>>
>>25889665
Gimme some books and I could expose them to the ideas of Newton, Euler, Einstein, Galileo, and other great thinkers. That alone could put them leaps and bounds ahead.
>>
>>25889686
Have fun on that cross, son. The Romans sure did love to torture people who spout such outrageous claims, whether they were right or wrong.
>>
>>25889642
>Once we were able to mass manufacture steel and gained new understanding of mechanics we opened our world to unlimited possibility. With machines we are able to complete tasks that would take much man power at the flick of a switch.
How does this make it the best thing to happen to our species? You're going full is/ought. Don't do this.
>eradicate disease and create vaccines to protect our selves
AIDs, stronger disease, cancer, etc. Outbreaks happen all the time, they're just more isolated since we can treat them faster
>extending our life expectancy.
People lived well into their 70's and 80's in the middle ages, life expectancy hasn't increased drastically and you're still assuming this is a positive. This is not a case of list all the things we did/can do.
>the turning point for our species
Turning point to what? Are you saying we were primitive before? Standing on the shoulders of giants. Anachronism. The mechanical genius of the Romans and Medieval men may pale in comparison to the industrial revolution but they were certainly adequate and advanced, they worked for their society.
>our physical limits
Literally incorrect.
>only bound to our ingenuity and creativity
We've always been. Archimedes, Da Vinci, all great inventors of their time which used what they had to make great things.
>regressivism commie
Don't be a nigger.

Stop listing shit and actually think. Look up the ought/is fallacy.
>>
File: 1388367470732.jpg (200 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1388367470732.jpg
200 KB, 1000x800
>>25889656
No they just have different priorities, and their world is a lot nicer than ours, so maybe you should reconsider yours.
>>
File: file.png (88 KB, 320x158) Image search: [Google]
file.png
88 KB, 320x158
Why do you people even want to introduce all this bullshit to Equestria? Clearly they're living their lives just fine and are enjoying themselves as they are.

What are you hoping to improve on? Disease isn't a problem, they can communicate by teleporting messages, live entertainment is better than watching it from a glowing box, they have heat/water/sewage, libraries provide a bountiful amount of information, their homes are sturdy, they grow plenty of food, traveling by hoof isn't an issue and they already have carriages/trains for long distances, plus they literally have magic for energy/electricity/cheat codes for life and anything else they want.
>>
>>25889675
>>backpeddling
you never said it was a necissary evil, you straight up picked up on a side that was arguing that the industrial revolution was a great force that made the world better for everyone, instead of being a giant disruptive animal ruining our shit that we basically tamed and started riding everywhere. but eventually that animal is going to die at the rate we are pushing it. in equestria, theres plenty of evidence to suggest their ecosystem already doesn't work without their intervention. compare that to ours.
>>
>>25889690
Because the ponies are known to crucify people who go against the grain with new ideas.
>>25889690
>Outbreaks happen all the time, they're just more isolated since we can treat them faster
>implying this isn't a huge improvement
Today, thanks largely to industrialization, advances in technology have enabled individuals to do more and make scientific advancements that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.
>>
File: file.png (124 KB, 337x175) Image search: [Google]
file.png
124 KB, 337x175
>>25889727
Ponies will only figuratively crucify you. The mane six might use their current deus ex machina on you if you keep being a dick to ponies who have no interest in your technology.
>>
File: 1450074075782.jpg (230 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1450074075782.jpg
230 KB, 720x960
>>25889727
>implying this isn't a huge improvement
You act as if people couldn't treat disease or would die immediately from sickness. The smaller population centers meant the spread of disease was reduced, industrial and urban areas were literally shitholes and packed with disease. Smaller societies can eliminate and isolate disease and afflicted individuals easier.
>thanks largely to industrialization
IScience had been functioning and developing perfectly fine in pre-industrial societies, notably in monasteries and urban cities.
Also
>implying scientific advancements equate to greatness or a positive
>positivism
Pic related
>>
>>25889722
>What are you hoping to improve on? Disease isn't a problem
Fair enough
> they can communicate by teleporting messages
Not everyone can teleport messages, plus radios are faster
>live entertainment is better than watching it from a glowing box
That's your opinion
>they have heat/water/sewage
Fair enough
>libraries provide a bountiful amount of information
The Internet lets everyone's voice be heard easier
>their homes are sturdy, they grow plenty of food
Not as sturdy as they could be. Almost certainly not up to code and made of flammable material.
More food never hurt.
>traveling by hoof isn't an issue and they already have carriages/trains for long distances
You could say that about humans 120 years ago, cars are just plain better when the infrastructure supports them
>plus they literally have magic for energy/electricity/cheat codes for life and anything else they want
So? If I were a unicorn I wouldn't want to spend all my time generating electricity
>>
>>25889755
>industrial and urban areas were literally shitholes and packed with disease
>were
And today we have vaccines and hygiene which help prevent disease even in crowded cities. Sure, science has been going along fine, but it's going even faster now.
>implying scientific advancements aren't purely neutral
>implying science is neither good nor evil
>>
>>25889773
Disgegard the last part, I meant to say that science is neither good nor evil.
>>
File: file.png (93 KB, 480x350) Image search: [Google]
file.png
93 KB, 480x350
>>25889762
>Not everyone can teleport messages, plus radios are faster
Not everyone needs to. Radio signals aren't faster than magic.
>That's your opinion
True, but it's certainly been shown that ponies enjoy interacting with their entertainers. Trixie, Iron Will, various musicians.
>The Internet lets everyone's voice be heard easier
Are you implying that's a positive thing? Do you find the average kikebook/twitter/4chan post to be useful, knowledgeable, or at least entertaining?
>Not as sturdy as they could be. Almost certainly not up to code and made of flammable material.
Who cares if it fits some arbitrary human building code? Are you implying houses aren't flammable?
>More food never hurt.
Obviously you haven't had a good look at our obesity epidemic.
>You could say that about humans 120 years ago, cars are just plain better when the infrastructure supports them
Any infrastructure that supports a large chunk of the population needing a vehicle like that is obviously going to be shit.
>So? If I were a unicorn I wouldn't want to spend all my time generating electricity
The point is that they have it if they need it. Obviously Equestria isn't so reliant on electricity like we are.
>>
>>25889773
>And today we have vaccines and hygiene which help prevent disease even in crowded cities
That's a fine point, but it's far from your original one of "eradicate disease." These were also developments of modern society, not industrial. Industrial society saw cramped and crowded, damp and disgusting conditions. Most developments of modern society were made to counter exactly what occurred in industrialization. The development of vaccines also predates industrial society.
>but it's going even faster now
And what does that mean, why does that matter? Are you once again implying science is a positive? Positivism is cancer.
>>implying scientific advancements aren't purely neutral
Going on this, it means you can't use them to classify the industrial revolution as the "greatest thing to happen to our species."
>>
>>25889694
Your head is so far up you ass it is fucking astounding.

>How does this make it the best thing to happen to our species?
Instead of having an army of men on a single project you can have just a few on said project. Now those that no longer have to be all on one project can now be placed on other projects thus uping productivity and advancement at an exponential rate.

>AIDs, stronger disease, cancer, etc. Outbreaks happen all the time, they're just more isolated since we can treat them faster
That really has no weight to my point.
Disease has always been around and always will.
But with better understanding we can prevent and sometimes complete eliminate many of them

>Turning point to what?
Turning point where we could grow and expand beyond what could ever be possible before. You might be content wih your mediocrity but it is the nature of almost all people to achieve more.

>Literally incorrect.
Lol no.
Say there is a task to move boxs. One side has a group of men that have definable physical limits to what they can do. The shape of the boxs, the weight ect.
With machines you can move any box. And if the machine can move it you improve the machine.
Men are limited. No matter how /fit/ they are there is a point they cant move certain boxes. You can build a machine to move any box.
That is going beyond your physical limits

>We've always been. Archimedes, Da Vinci, all great inventors of their time which used what they had to make great things.
Yeah but now we can have flying machine instead of Da Vinci's theoretical drawing.

But as I said before your head is so far up your ass no matter what I or and one else does to refute your points you will always be convinced of your own superiority.

What is even more amazing is why I am here at 4 am arguing with an psudeo intellectual autist like you about human progression on a anonymous board for adults on a little girls cartoon that I don't even watch.
>>
>>25888802
There was this one thread about an Anon who couldn't understand the ponies' whinnies and chaos followed him everywhere; hillarity ensued

Where there ever any real greens about an Anon learning a completely different language to speak to the ponies?
>>
>>25889762
>More food never hurt.
look at this fucking idiot.
7 billion people aren't hurting the planet, no suree.
>>
>>25888802
sounds like you aren't teaching your horses to respect and like you.
>>
>>25889832
>There was this one thread about an Anon who couldn't understand the ponies' whinnies and chaos followed him everywhere; hillarity ensued

I would very much like to read this one.
If someone recognizes it post the pastebin or something.
>>
>>25889816
>What is even more amazing is why I am here at 4 am arguing with an psudeo intellectual autist like you about human progression on a anonymous board for adults on a little girls cartoon that I don't even watch.
>cartoon that I don't even watch.

I'm actually curious why you are here. why are you here if you don't like the show? what part of all this is attracting you here? I mean I get not needing to like the show to still want to use the board, im just curious as to what you get out of it all.
>>
>>25889324
>implying that unhappiness on earth isn't a result of globalization and advanced transportation
Boy, you goota lot to learn
>often the world is collectively in a good mood
implying good mood > quality of life - worse: implying they're the same
>"simpler times" ideology is a foolish fallacy
Generally formulated, yes, yet it's highly relative, so it's a "it depends in what part of life or society". You can't deny that today's society is diseased
>being happy with your current situation does not mean that it can't improve
Agree wholeheartedly beware the tumblrite
>>
>>25889816
>Your head is so far up you ass it is fucking astounding
wew lad, don't get so mad
>uping productivity and advancement at an exponential rate
>productivity is what defines "greatest thing to happen to our species"
>the "greatest thing to happen to our species" isn't an increase in the well being of the individual or achieving a new peak in high culture, no it's becoming more "advanced"
>this is what positivists actually think
lmao
>with better understanding we can prevent and sometimes complete eliminate many of them
That's good, but the only problem is that isn't a part of the industrial revolution
>Turning point where we could grow and expand beyond what could ever be possible before
What a load of shit. Think outside of your limited view and realize your growth is only relative to you, people have been growing since the Romans. You're standing on the shoulders of giants, I've said it enough already, advancement is nothing new, you're just being anachronistic and assuming because you experience and are feeling this advancement, it must be better. Remember when the NASA had fuck huge computers that were top tier then? We sure lapsed that quickly.
>it is the nature of almost all people to achieve more
Ah, so you define nature. So what you're saying is that people have been striving to achieve more since the dawn of man. That diminishes the industrial revolution as being "greatest thing to happen to our species" if it was merely our nature manifesting.
>machine can move it you improve the machine.
Are you honestly implying the industrial revolution was the only period that saw machines? Holy hell dude, you need to read a book, people have had machines since forever.
>to refute your points you will always be convinced of your own superiority.
I'm refuting them back, dumbass. Why are you so fucking butthurt, go to sleep nigger
>I don't even watch
>being a fan of the fandom

Positivists are trash, end yourself
>>
>>25888679
So just like Earth then.
>>
>>25889816
>a little girls cartoon that I don't even watch
That seems to be why you don't understand why we're arguing that it's perfectly reasonable for ponies to not want to advance their technology to a human-level and they're perfectly happy as they are.
>>
>>25889468
>mfw humans are feared by pony and non-pony alike like >>25888679 because they're a mythological monstrosity and archeology finds heavily repressed "forbidden knowledge"

objectively the best race
>>
>>25889858

I use to be a fan of the show but I kinda just move on. The last episode I watched was the season 4 premiere. After that watching it didn't do much for me.

The reason why I'm on this board is because

1. For some reason this fandom produces the best fanfictions. I don't know why but it does. I really do enjoy reading greens and peoples pastebins, And before I left I was a really heavy reader on FimFiction.

And

2. My usual go to board, /vp/, has turned into a worse cancer than this board. Its become unbearable. So I have also been spending more time here and wandering onto other boards.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.png (513 KB, 911x1070) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.png
513 KB, 911x1070
>>25889863
>>
File: 1395024056360.png (39 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1395024056360.png
39 KB, 500x313
>>25889898
Are you retarded? Just a quick question.

Assuming you're the same idiot, I asked you to tend the position that the industrial revolution is the "greatest thing to happen to our species." All you did was list a bunch of achievements that occurred past the actual period and give me shitty positivist arguments, apparently science is the only thing that improves humanity and quantifies human achievement.

Suicide might be the only cure for you
>>
>>25889885
Thats fucking true and a half. /vp/ is a fucking mess, And this board is like a factory where erotic literature is made. and some non erotic too. But its like just all fucking hours of the day. a single green line of text grows into a 200+ page book about how applejack is the best princess.

hell this thread was a fucking /r9k/ thread that turned into what will probably be a few hundred posts arguing about industrialization, And the only reason there is no green in this thread is because thats not the prompt and the technology is magic people already have a general going on for months now.

im going to be its almost 8.
>>
>>25889916
>assuming you're the same idiot
but I'm not the same idiot. if anything, I did agree with some points you made, but on the other hand, you seemed to go on a tangent, trying desperately to insult the one you are arguing with, rather than just state the facts on how X is meaningful to Y.

He does have a point on how technology and such can benefit the lives of everyone, but at the same time, it can be abused to the point of causing negative side effects.

Besides, technology isn't the only way to provide happiness. They have clean water, food, and hell, control over the fucking weather. They don't even need technology all that much, except for mundane things like a music player or something, which I think they've shown ways of achieving this already.

I may be a different idiot, but at least I'm an idiot who somewhat agrees with you
>>
You people se to forget that ponies have fur, move on all fours, and can eat plants and grass. That alone helps a lot and makes things more easy.

Can't starve if you can eat everything around you.
>>
>>25889949
you can still starve if all the stuff around you ins't food.
>>
>>25888679
Of course, anon. We're to ponies what orks would be to us. Monsters. Of course ponies are also culturally exclusive, they had to fight a very long war before they even integrated from Unicorn/Pegasus/Earth tribes. They do diplomacy with other cultures but mix or even mingle much.
>>
>>25889947
I think you missed the point, his original claim as in >>25889530 is that "the Industrial Revolution was one of if not greatest thing to happen to our species." I staunchly object and wanted some backing, and that's how we got here now. This isn't about ponies, if you want to tie it into that, well I'm tired, maybe tomorrow.
>>
>>25889969
well then
yeah, he's acting dumb
>>
>>25889966
The best you could hope for is to fight your way to the top of a diamond dog clan, probably by outsmarting them, and then, I dunno, really. It's possible they eat gems like spike does, and that's why they're not snatching ponies constantly and stay underground all day. So even then you'd be screwed.
>>
>>25889963
Just imagine humans could live off of grass and hay. We could grow that stuff so easily and so much of it.
>>
lol funny horse
>>
>come to Equestria
>everybody worships anon
>cums in every species
>>
>>25889949
horses are actually damn near alergic to everything, so a huge part of preequestrian development was the evolution of the ponies ability to eat a scavanger life styel. they probably did hunt a bit here and there, mostly for salt than the need for protien, but the bulk of their journey would have relied on expanding their diet, which is strictly limited for horses, into something that can seek out fruit, tubers, and other foods that horses have trouble processing or are outright poisonous (like tomato and onions)
>>
>>25888679
> disgusted in you
mehh... so basically nothing has changed.
>>
>>25889842
this
>>
>>25889842
Please this. I would be so much fun to read it.
>>
>>25888679
>Study dark magic of necromancy.
>Create a catalyst, a wand, to use your magic.
>Create a custom that create dread but also curiosity and admiration, intimidating by it's panache but with soft colors, use a theater mask.
>Lurk cemetery and revive the recently diseased, discuss and learn their fate.
>Allow living ponies to make their final goodbye as you can only revive ponies relatives for so long without damaging their spirit.
>Become a bit famed but not too much, you are a discrete kind of person !

I just want some cute and fuzzy/warm story about a benevolent litch character...
>>
>>25890301
this
>>
>>25890510
wasn't there a cyoa prompt where anon could've been a lich, among other things like golems and skeletons?
>>
Happens all the time
>>
>>25888679
Imagine how ponies see humans compared to themselves
>each limb splits into little flexible but angular limbs at the tip
>dense patches of hair on some parts and almost none on others so that the skin beneath is visible
>beady little eyes pushed into the upper center of its face
>incredibly short neck
>towers overhead at double or triple the height of a normal pony
Now imagine a 12 foot tall creature with pinprick eyes where the nose should be, no neck, gangly 6 foot limbs and little tentacles coming off each fingertip.
Humans would be nightmare fuel to ponies.
>>
>>25888721
this
>>
>>25891563
Fuck
Yeah
Humanity
>>
>>25888679
>ponies more or less accepting of Discord
>ponies liked Gilda
>ponies accepting of Luna (Nightmare Moon)
>ponies fucking loved Iron Will
So far the only negative reaction the ponies have had to xenos is Zeccora, and given she's the Equestrian version of a nigger, that's a very understandable reaction. I have no reason to believe they'd be scared or disgusted by a human, especially if they went out of their way to help the Mane 6 save Equestria a few times.
>>
File: 1444620535230.png (1 MB, 6000x6367) Image search: [Google]
1444620535230.png
1 MB, 6000x6367
>>25891891

>tfw do evil dances
>tfw they'd hate me
>>
>>25889874
this
>>
>>25888679
This is probably the most realistic expectation of being in equestria.
>>
>>25892082
>"Hello, I am Anonymous, I bring you love."
>'IT'S BRINGING LOVE, BREAK IT'S LEGS!'
>>
>>25891563
they wouldnt be nightmare fuel. dragons have claws, they aren't retarded despite eqg and they know what hands are.

we would look weird, but we would not be in the abomination type at fucking all.

If they didn't have a humanoid subtype we'd probably be under either magical beasts or fey
>>
>>25888814
But Anon! What if human nature is the very thing that seperates us? That we can never be accepted into their lives, because we think completely differen? To note, differing human cultures can't get along just like liberals can't get along with reality
>>
File: psst hey kid.jpg (45 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
psst hey kid.jpg
45 KB, 640x960
>>25888679
This is what happens when Anon wears a cloak instead of his suit
>>
>>25888679
>You live on Earth
>All the inhabitants are either scared of Disgusted at you
>>
>>25889842
>>25890224
>>25890301
>>25891498
It was written by helianon, but he nuked part of his pastebin apparently.
>>
>>25889835
It's because of piss poor population control
>>
>>25895846
this
>>
>>25889045
There was some green about a Drill Sergeant Anon training the Royal Guard sometime ago; anyone have a pastebin link of that?
>>
File: 1449113120604.jpg (72 KB, 326x360) Image search: [Google]
1449113120604.jpg
72 KB, 326x360
>>25888679
>you go to Equestria
>tfw this is my fetish
>>
>>25888731
Wash your self and the dog will stop it
>>
>>25896373
how's it called?
just curiousha haha
>>
>>25889556
I'm interested
>>
>>25888802
i had an horse that would bite my jeans all the time, bucked me off once and dislocated my elbow, and one day when i was feeding her she bit down on my belt and threw me. still loved her though. fucking bitch.
>>
File: muh communism.jpg (241 KB, 1182x897) Image search: [Google]
muh communism.jpg
241 KB, 1182x897
>>25889085
Off to the gulags with you
>>
>>25889505
>dumb bitch motherfucker
whats with indians and haphazardly throwing insults together?
>>
File: e8b.png (28 KB, 318x465) Image search: [Google]
e8b.png
28 KB, 318x465
>>25888679
>>25888776
>>25889468
>>25889874
;_;7
>>
>>25889832
>Where there ever any real greens about an Anon learning a completely different language to speak to the ponies?

There was the lost in translation series, that was pretty cool: http://pastebin.com/EyzVnEUX
>>
>>25891768
>>25895846
Beardy the human need to return
>>
>>25894749
fuck off /pol/, you have your board alraedy
>>
>>25888975
>>25889005
They have though, its jut not distributed equally through the land, notice how while Ponyville and Canterlot initially seem like medieval villages while places like Manehattan are so much more advanced, but at the same time, we already saw video games and bulldozers being show, maybe its one of those situations where they purposely avoid bringing too much tech to these parts of Equestria for those who just want a peaceful, calm place where they can live, all while protecting the local culture by not demolishing old landmarks and houses
>>
File: 1451176927258.png (129 KB, 463x480) Image search: [Google]
1451176927258.png
129 KB, 463x480
>go to equestria
>All ponies act like you're subhuman
>they think you're just some trained monkey pretending to be a pony
>>
>>25900541
>go to equestria
>they don't deem you sentient and sapient
>like some animal they treat you like a pet
>no matter what you do they don't believe you can think
>whatever you do you get the water spray
>Fluttershy takes you in
>>
File: I am pone naw.png (72 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
I am pone naw.png
72 KB, 375x360
>>25889556
>>
File: 1450251063453.jpg (102 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
1450251063453.jpg
102 KB, 400x550
>>25889556
DO IT
>>
>>25889556
Go right ahead. I need some stupid adventuring story.
>>
bumping drama thread
>>
>>25891563
They would likely compare us like something of a naked mole rat against common rats, or those weird cats with no fur.
well, at least fluttershy might have some interest in us, if only as a new pet friend.
>>
File: P1010016.jpg (291 KB, 1288x778) Image search: [Google]
P1010016.jpg
291 KB, 1288x778
Humans are the naked mole rat of the ape family. We're weird and disgusting to furry ponies.
>>
>>25888802
>they shit everywhere
They're ponies anon, not Indians
>>
>>25888679
>Ponyville is dead quiet.
>Everyone is huddled up inside their houses, all save for one mare.
>A certain yellow pony with a dull red mane stands outside, shaking like a dead leaf ready to snap off its branch at any second.
>Ponies look outside through cracks in their shades.
>There's a strange sense of eagerness among them.
>Of course they all fear the creature, but there's just some sense of mystery that keeps them entertained in a way.
>Yes, it's that time of year again.
>Out from the tree wall of the Everfree Forest comes a massive creature.
>It is as tall as two ponies standing atop each other.
>Its entire body is covered in dirty brown rags, save for the face.
>On its face is a metallic green mask that shines in the afternoon sun.
>Those in Ponyville have affectionately named the thing Anonymous, as nobody knows its true name, or even what it looks like.
>All they know are rumors.
>All they know is that one night five years ago, a blinding light filled the sky.
>Suddenly, what looked like a giant metal carriage fell from above, leaving a trail of fire behind it.
>It crashed deep within the Everfree forest. Since then, on the same day every year, this creature exits the Everfree and buys a bouquet of flowers from the only florist in Ponyville.
>It's never shown the ponies any ill will.
>It merely places a few bits on a table, takes some flowers from the florist, and disappears back into the forest.
>Still though, given all the bad things that seem to pop out of that forest, it's better to be safe than sorry.
>Having completed its yearly mission, the masked creature retreats back into forest, and all the ponies cooped up in their houses go about their day like nothing had happened.
>>
>>25888802
I had a horse that would get excited in the dick whenever it saw a mare and would express himself by bucking and flinging shit everywhere
>>
>>25903610
Continue, i am interested
>>
>>25889690
No they didn't. The Romans loved scientific advancement; that's why they aped and co-opted Greek and Phoenician culture. You're thinking about the relatively modern Christians.
>>
>>25903610
but who does he buy the flowers for?
>>
>"RUN ITS ABLOBLAMOUS!"
>But it was too late, you had already shoved them inside your slimey erected anus.
>None could save the fair folk from you now.
>>
>>25905062
never change /mlp/, never change.
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.