[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Oh, anon. You realize science proves God doesn't exist,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 16
File: image.png (198 KB, 384x556) Image search: [Google]
image.png
198 KB, 384x556
>Oh, anon. You realize science proves God doesn't exist, right?
>>
File: Griffith tier of Bait.jpg (88 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
Griffith tier of Bait.jpg
88 KB, 680x989
>>25876570
>>
File: oppie_card.jpg (19 KB, 285x363) Image search: [Google]
oppie_card.jpg
19 KB, 285x363
>>25876570
You're correct, there is no god. That is because we killed it.
>>
File: 1448140413783.jpg (50 KB, 623x626) Image search: [Google]
1448140413783.jpg
50 KB, 623x626
>>25876570

In all seriousness, there's something really wrong with that statement.
>>
File: 1447958499268.jpg (129 KB, 1000x642) Image search: [Google]
1447958499268.jpg
129 KB, 1000x642
>>25876712
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 403x403
>>
>>25876570
"Citation needed."
>"What?"
"You said science proved that God isn't real."
>"That's what I just said."
"And I ask you to show me the proof."
>>
>>25876570
You're too cute to wear a fedora Twatlot. Come on.
>>
>>25876570
Well duhhhh... why do you think it's what I study?... now take off that fedora and lets fuck... eyyy bby want sum fuk?
>>
File: 1422663122088.jpg (27 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1422663122088.jpg
27 KB, 460x460
>>25876947
Bacon said it better
>>
>>25876947
>tfw you can't find the glass he had because you can't find God no matter how hard you try
>>
>>25876570
Don't you remember what you learned from trying to explain away Pinkie Sense?
>>
>>25876570
"You misheard me. I said science disproved god by most religions definitions."
>"That's the same thing."
"No it is not! You really think you can get something for nothing? If anything, science proves some form of god exists."
>"... Idiot."
"HEY! You've seen what science can do. How strong it is. What if science in and of itself is god?"
>"That's retarded."
"Is it?"
>Suddenly, Twilight's clothes disappear and she falls to her knees, her vagina leaking large amounts of sexual juices.
>"GAH-ha-a! Oh god! OH GOD!"
>She is resisting the urge to touch herself.
>Her legs cross and she begins to weakly hump the air beneath her.
>Looking to the sky, you give a thumbs up.
>Just as suddenly as Twilight's clothes vanished, a triple scoop ice cream cone appears in your hands.
"Awww, yeah. As soon as I'm done with this, I'ma fuck you so hard."
>Dry thunder goes off and you see a cloud make an open palmed shape.
>>
>>25878015
I think Anon has some mental issues.
>>
>>25878015
More
>>
File: ATyUbnF.jpg (666 KB, 700x6826) Image search: [Google]
ATyUbnF.jpg
666 KB, 700x6826
HE-HE-HERE I GOOOOOOO
>>
>>25876570
>science
science can't work with term with no definition, that's what pseudo science does.
>>
File: Abstract proofs.png (190 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
Abstract proofs.png
190 KB, 500x503
>>25876570
>>
No it doesn't and I'll show you why
*you take her hand and twilight immediately blushes as you slowly lay her on her back. She's so eager to learn. She spreads her legs awaiting your enlightenment.*

AND THEN DEY FUCKED
>>
>>25878015

Pls bby I demand more
>>
"Twily, you can't prove God isn't real,"
>"You're just trying to rationalize it so your beli-"
"Twilight, I'm an atheist."
>"Wh- why are you saying it's wrong, then?
"Because I'm not a liar."
>>
B-Butt Twilight, a beautiful creature as you proves God does exist.
>>
I went to church last night and the pastor said something that I could not get my head around.

"Something so big happened that the world decided to reset the clocks back to zero day and start over"

Ya no Mayan calendar no star charts any of that shit can be said about this. But someone decided to pick that date for some reason or another, ether 5,000 years ago or what ever.
>>
>>25880684
Jesus was born anon that's why they did that.
>>
>>25876570
I'm so atheist I wear a tactical cammo fedora and even I know science cannot disprove God because:

1) science can only operate on the natural world and therefore it's inapplicable to supernatural beings

2) science cannot disprove, only prove positive claims by backing them up whit evidence and a working, evidence based explanation ( a theory) of how a certain phenomenon occurs. This way you can prove there are no supernatural causes to phenomenons attributed to supernatural beings but there's no honest way to extrapolate this to the existence of such beings

3) the burden of proof on positive claims lies on the one making such claims. All science can do is prove theists their so called "evidence of God" has naturalistic causes, it cannot jump to claim this disproves the existence of God.

Therefore science cannot disprove God, but it can (and in practice, routinely does) prove theists are full of shit
>>
Science does not prove nor disprove God's existence. It should be objective by nature. Science disproves the bible, a book that has been revised by the clergy so many times that even if it was at one point the word of God, it isn't anymore. Not even close.
>>
>>25880721

The theoretical physicist who taught my science class at uni said that science cannot tell us what is true, only what isn't true. Truth is another matter entirely. Science can't tell us what is for sure true because science is inherently skeptical and doubtful. Any scientific theory is not necessarily true; it has simply never been proven wrong. For example, for thousands of years, people assumed that heavier objects fall faster than lighter objects. This was proven wrong by Galileo. This lead to Sir Isaac Newton's description of physics. And then Newton was proven wrong by Einstein. And who knows who will prove Einstein wrong.

Science can't tell us what is true. Science is a tool that can help us find the truth for ourselves.
>>
Bump because xmas
>>
>>25882037

NO WHY DIDNT YOU LET IT DIE
>>
>>25878075
>This chain cannot be infinitely long
Nice assertion
Potentially ice (water) can turn to actual ice. You're forgetting actual ice is potentially water, too. You know where this can go.
>>
>>25880684
MY brain hurts just reading that.
>>
File: 1451005365832.gif (1 MB, 400x305) Image search: [Google]
1451005365832.gif
1 MB, 400x305
The Bibles claims this:
>TheBibledescribes a line of descendants of Adam and Eve, and if we add ages of these people, this can lead to an estimate of the age of the earthof roughly 6000 years.

The oldest formation on Earth:
>Zircon crystalsfrom theJack Hillsof Australia, like the one above, reveal that continents arose just 160 million years after our solar system formed.

>Just your everyday scientific facts
>>
>>25883337
>implying genesis isn't poetry
>implying the gospel can only be read fully metaphorically or literally
>not knowing those who found that out were staunch christians
>not actually reading the gospel
shiggy diggy
>>
>>25883405
>He shows facts and science
B-but my gospels
>>
>>25883405
>Hey this part is wrong. Demonstrably so.
>We've discovered a new metaphor!
>>
File: Checkmate Atheists.png (11 KB, 530x286) Image search: [Google]
Checkmate Atheists.png
11 KB, 530x286
>>25876570
>>
>>25884621
HA HA! I HAVE YOU NOW ATHEISTS! YOU SHALL ALL WELCOME JESUS INTO YOUR HEART ONCE YOU'VE STRAINED TO READ MY SHITTY LOW RES TRANSBACKED IMAGE! HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
>>
>>25884865
>not knowing how to make a thumbnail larger
found the autist
>>
>equestria isn't real
Of course there is no god.
>>
File: 1448881503470.png (267 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448881503470.png
267 KB, 1280x1280
>>25876570
science doesn´t prove that god doesn´t exist.

you can´t make an absolute statement like that.

it just makes his existence highly unlikely
>>
>>25876712
We Antiocheanist now?
>>
>>25876570
Twilight you can't prove a negative, what you mean is there is a lack of evidence for a god.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 285x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 285x249
>>25883337
Funny enough, for the last fifteen or so years, scientists have been scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a dating method that is reliable past approximately 6000 years.
Carbon 14 was a bust, as was Potassium and Argon dating. I'm suuuuure they'll find one eventually, though.
>>
I'm not atheist. I'm actually agnostic, but I heard something interesting that makes me wonder every once in a while.

Someone stated that going under the assumption that God isn't real, we essentially created something stronger than a government, we created a concept to govern our ethnics and morals. Not that we wouldn't have them anyway but it enforces them too.
>>
File: the more you know star.jpg (20 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
the more you know star.jpg
20 KB, 640x360
>>25876570
Did you know the scientific method was developed by a muslim?

Hasan Ibn al-Haytham
(Alhazen) is considered in the scientific community as the father of the scientific method

As a matter of fact lots of the sciences was created by the religious
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_considered_father_or_mother_of_a_scientific_field

They were also the one that created universities and other places of high learning.

>European higher education took place for hundreds of years in Christian cathedral schools or monastic schools (Scholae monasticae), in which monks and nuns taught classes; evidence of these immediate forerunners of the later university at many places dates back to the 6th century.
>The earliest universities were developed under the aegis of the Latin Church by papal bull as studia generalia and perhaps from cathedral schools. It is possible, however, that the development of cathedral schools into universities was quite rare, with the University of Paris being an exception. (See Leff, Paris and Oxford Universities.) Later they were also founded by Kings (University of Naples Federico II, Charles University in Prague, Jagiellonian University in Kraków) or municipal administrations (University of Cologne, University of Erfurt).
>In the early medieval period, most new universities were founded from pre-existing schools, usually when these schools were deemed to have become primarily sites of higher education. Many historians state that universities and cathedral schools were a continuation of the interest in learning promoted by monasteries.

>The first universities in Europe with a form of corporate/guild structure were the University of Bologna (1088), the University of Paris (c. 1150, later associated with the Sorbonne), and the University of Oxford (1167).

the more you know
>>
>>25886538
That needs a big [citation needed].
>>
>>25886641

Next thing you're going to tell me is a Catholic invented modern science.
>>
>>25886744
Well, it's actually true. I'm an atheist, but I can't deny Muslims helped the sciences quite a lot. Past tense, of course. There are some Muslim scientists today, but they are few, and none of them have made that important of discoveries. Well, as far as I know.
>>
File: bait.jpg (14 KB, 480x339) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
14 KB, 480x339
>>25886498
>Funny enough, for the last fifteen or so years, scientists have been scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a dating method that is reliable past approximately 6000 years.
>>
>>25876570
Consider the following.
I buy a pet turtle.
The turtle exists, right?
So if I name the turtle God...
God exists.
>>
>>25880684
I believe that was the Roman Empire, they were pretty influential back then if I recall.
>>
>>25880684
Your pastor was trying to be poetic and failed. It's a common trait that stems from fucking niggers not paying attention to what they're writing.
>>
>>25886538
>I'm not atheist. I'm actually agnostic
Kill yourself.

Agnostics are atheists and mealy-mouthed faggots like you who pretend otherwise are a stain.
>>
>>25886641
>>25887840
Muslims copied the feats the then extremely religious ancient Greeks accomplished

>>25886744
Modern science in its whole is basically Christianity the Science with some specks of Greek and Roman, all in all European
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 960x831) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 960x831
>>25889536

You sound like a nice person
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.