[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Based Writers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: starlight_the_dirty_commie.jpg (23 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
starlight_the_dirty_commie.jpg
23 KB, 320x180
So I'm watching the 5th season for the first time, and it looks like the writers had the testicles to do a two-part anti-communism episode as the season opener. Is the whole 5th season this good? Or does it go downhill from here?
>>
>>25865235
It gets better, but to each his own.
>>
>>25865314
If you suck hasbro cock.
>>
>>25865235
I'd say it goes up and down. There are some bad episodes (like Princess Spike), but overall, I'd call it the best season yet.
>>
>>25865235
I have to say it's the most roller-coastery season of all, when it's good, it's real good, but when it's bad, it's real bad. But there's one episode I know you'll love, and it even tops The Return of Harmony for many people. So I suggest you watch it.
>>
File: good_god_why.gif (978 KB, 308x289) Image search: [Google]
good_god_why.gif
978 KB, 308x289
>>25865370
>princess spike

Well I'm still gonna watch it, but I don't have high hopes for it based on the title.
>>
>>25865477
I was maybe being a little harsh. It's not that bad. Worst of the season, but the season's been great.
There are several real winners. Slice of Life, Amending Fences, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Cutie Remark...
You're in for a treat, anon.
>>
>>25865518
>Spoiler
Reddit called.
>>
>>25865370
Princess Spike wasn't bad as much as unoriginal. I've seen the whole Freaky Friday scenario too much, but I didn't think it was bad at all.
>>
>>25865564
Not reddit. I just honestly enjoyed the episode. Was a fun one, and I was cheering the whole way through, but it shouldn't happen often.
>>
>>25865235
Communism is an economic system. This was more about forced conformity.
>>
>>25865652
Yeah, more about cults than communism. Though she did have some SJW lines.
>>
>>25865652
>reference made to citizens of Our Town being 'eastern' ponies
>promises of equality and a classless lifestyle
>dissent is ruthlessly crushed
>autocratic figurehead doesn't actually believe in revolutionary ideals, and gives themself special privileges
>the goods they produce are all shit
>they live in a wintery environment
>there's secret police to help catch dissidents

Seems like a pretty obvious satire of the USSR from where I'm sitting.
>>
>>25865625
It was pointless and didn't fit with a lot of stuff. No one gave a shit about Twi being a princess before.
>>
File: 1450117813336.jpg (111 KB, 1280x713) Image search: [Google]
1450117813336.jpg
111 KB, 1280x713
>>25865652
Forced conformity that they could leave from at any time? Face it. Starlight was the good guy.
>>
File: sicilian donkey11.jpg (484 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
sicilian donkey11.jpg
484 KB, 600x881
Just wait til you see the finale. Made me cry really now that certain things aren't allowed to exist for what should.

I can't handle thinking about shit like that, even if it wasn't ideal.
>>
>>25865752
>could leave from at any time
>one pony talks about just getting his mark back and gets thrown in a brainwashing chamber

Well memed.
>>
>>25865769

that's a cute ass
>>
>>25865477
>high hopes
>spike episode

if only i had tyour optimism
>>
>>25865833
You misread. I said I don't have high hopes. Spike episodes are mostly shit.
>>
File: Mammoth donkey15.jpg (118 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth donkey15.jpg
118 KB, 400x387
>>25865828
Should see the hairy ones.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.