[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The unfortunate reality of these cutie marks is that they'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12
File: literal color diarrhea.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
literal color diarrhea.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
The unfortunate reality of these cutie marks is that they'll be around forever

They will never go away

They can never be undone
>>
>>25853516
Good?
>>
>>25853516
Acceptable
>>
File: shitpost.gif (648 KB, 1296x1173) Image search: [Google]
shitpost.gif
648 KB, 1296x1173
>>
>>25853516
I agree. They could have done better by the CMC. They SHOULD have done better. Instead, we get marks designed by a first-year graphic designer and no change to the status quo.

These marks accomplished nothing of value.
>>
File: 12321141241.png (163 KB, 900x845) Image search: [Google]
12321141241.png
163 KB, 900x845
>>25853516
M-maybe there will be another time-travel episode in which they retcon everything MMC-onwards out of existence.
But we all know it will never happen.
>>
>>25853516
What if a new strain of cutie pox appears, which doesn't add cutie marks but instead changes them, and if it's cured while you have the wrong cutie mark you're stuck with it until you catch cutie pox again?
>>
>>25853516
I agree OP, these cutie marks are the most disappointing thing since my son.
>>
File: Hilarious.png (1 MB, 1024x3071) Image search: [Google]
Hilarious.png
1 MB, 1024x3071
>>25853532
>>25853539
I don't really understand anons who defend the current show as being anything but a general letdown.

All the character stories are done and all the personality nuances are gone. We had an entire episode that was an ode to Lady Gaga, and it involved laser lights, pyrotechnics, and other modern bullshit you would NEVER see in season one. The show no longer really follows a theme or anything. It's just kind of going because it has momentum, but it's not going to anywhere. There's no real direction, and character stories end really abruptly like we've seen with the CMC.

I mean, this is it. It's over. CMC got their thing and it's done. What, you wanted the little girls to find themselves and grow as individuals? Man, they're just continuing a trajectory. Best case, they fly circles around the planet forever. Worst case, they're losing orbit and are on their way to a hard crash landing. There is no real mission.
>>
>>25853823
I have never been embarrassed I was watching MLP until that shitty Lady Gaga episode.
>>
>>25853516

Someone wanting cutie mark removal?
>>
File: Stalliongrad.png (281 KB, 1000x436) Image search: [Google]
Stalliongrad.png
281 KB, 1000x436
>>25853842
The show has had ups and downs and I don't believe it was ever an example of genius like some confused anons have wanted to say. They really pulled the rug out from under us with Luna, for example, but it's a kid's show so they get away with it. People adjusted.

But the characters have quit being flawed and everyone has their ending now if they were seeking one. Not only that, but Twilight is now the only relevant character, as she's the only one strong enough to fight their challenges by now.

Go back and watch season one again. Those little ponies are struggling to clean their yards. Raking the leaves is a big day for small horses.

Now flip forward and watch Twilight battling Tirek. They're VASTLY different shows with WILDLY conflicting tones.

I don't even dislike the Tirek stuff. It's just that it's not what pony used to be going for.
>>
>>25853823
I'll never understand millennials who always say everything now sucks and everything before now was 100% better.
>>
>>25853944
>Implying s1 and s2 were produced in the 2000's
Kill yourself with your stupid arguments.
>>
>>25853944
Seriously? You think the tone difference between season five and season one is somehow a generational perspective? Princess Twilight in the crystal palace trying to slice her adversary in half with a laser is totally the same tone as back when they nervously tried to negotiate with a dragon, and only Millenials would think otherwise?

I don't think they even animate the show the same way like they used to. I believe they've faced some budget cuts. The backgrounds are often more oversaturated now too. A lot's changed. If you're not trolling, you're delusional.
>>
File: 1354591006929.png (300 KB, 467x491) Image search: [Google]
1354591006929.png
300 KB, 467x491
>>25853823
>that comic
Brb, cropping Lyra and Ponka's faces for reaction images.
>>
>>25854047
>implying the tone change is a bad thing
The first season was a cringe inducing shit show, yo.
Need I remind you of shit like "Just like a boy, can't handle the least bit of sentiment."
Season 2 was better still only barely.
Season 1 and 2 has the most number of shit episodes compared to season 4 and 5.
The only thing that got me through season 1 was my person rule to watch every episode of a show before deciding if its shit or not.
You're the delusional one who thinks lord Faust was is the god of animation and created perfection.
>>
>>25853965
>implying I was implying that
>implying that I wasn't referring to how retardedly millennials cling to nostalgia in any form, even shit form 5 years ago.
>>
>>25854154
>Look I am so progressive liking whatever shit they put on my plate
>>
>>25853516
There's a number of issues with these cutie marks, the color scheme being the most obvious. There's far too much going on here, they're an eyesore and in later episodes these cutie marks become distracting because they clash so fiercely with the colors of the CMC.

Now I realize they were trying to symbolize the bond between the CMC by including all their mane colors in the mark, but it just comes off as ugly. Besides, the bond is already symbolized enough by each having the shield that is reminiscent of the ones on their old cloaks, just take a loot at even the layout alone.

Shield > Main image > Secondary image

That alone tells you everything you need to know without cluttering it up with so many different colors. Just take a look at any other cutie mark in the show, most don't clash with the rest of the color scheme of the ponies they belong to. Take pic related for example. Someone recolored these same cutie marks with more reasonable colors and it still gets the same message across without being an ugly cluttered distracting mess.

The next thing to talk about is how these are little more than cutie mark hunting cutie marks. It's basically a lameass excuse to keep the status quo without leaving the CMC as blankflanks for the rest of the series. Besides, there was a lot of build up to these kids getting their cutie marks, they couldn't just let it go on forever, but it was less about them getting their cutie marks and more about them developing as characters. We got to see them try different things and fail repeatedly and we even get a glimpse of what they might be good at, but they comically miss it completely. Hell, we even get to see them learning new skills, but all that goes out the window just so they can be Crusaders forever.
>>
>>25854313
>look I'm so much better than all you autistic faggots I like everything Faust put on my plate
>>
>>25854343
>these will never be the cutie marks instead
>people will take screenshots without editing them and draw art with the shitty cutie marks
>>
>>25853842
Hmmmm explain? I mean I felt that episode was pretty gud, there have definitely been alot more shitty episodes.
>>
>>25853823
People like you are the reason I hate S1 anymore. Holy fucking shit it's a cartoon, they do gags like this, the whole "Lady Gaga" thing was an episode, that's it. It wasn't even bad. But no, lets shit on it and put on our rose-colored glasses because "It was a better time, man."
>>
>>25855099
It was alien to rules of the setting so far.
>>
>>25855914
What rules did it break?
We were never told that magic can't explicitly record and play back things. In fact it makes the movie theater scene in bad seed make more sense.
We weren't told that magic can't alter someone's voice or make laser light shows.
There being a big celebrity isn't against any rules of the setting given Sapphire Shores was a thing. It isn't even a stretch to believe that different celebrities would rise up to the status of "biggest" over a period of time.
The only thing I can think of is the weird pulsating of her cutiemark when she sung and even then no one said anything about it so it came off as a visual thing for the audience.
>>
>>25853875
I was expecting the CMC to defeat her in the season finale.
>>
>>25856754
Honestly that's where I thought they were going with their cutiemarks too.
Would have been great.
>>
>>25856754
>>25857328
Those little girls can't even clean their fucking ass and you want them to save the day?
>>
>>25853516
Calm down, Plinkett. They're fine because the show has been shit for a long time now and nobody cares.
>>
>>25853516
>muh headcanon is ruined
>therefore its shit
>so i'll post the same thread three days in a row
>the whole time copying a much better reviewer
>>
>>25857612
>>
>>25853516
The major problem with this is the fact that none of the Mane 6 have any symbolic c... congruence? no thats not the word... fuck i can't think right now.

tl;dr 'same time cutie marks' phenomenon still needs to have unique reasons and factors but these are fucking gross. its literally a copy paste with no purpose.
>>
>>25857642
It is pretty clear that hasbro executives don't know shit about making sense.
>>
>>25857665
That, and they just don't care.
>>
>>25853516

We will never see them grow into their true talents.

They are destined to be cutie mark crusaders forever.
>>
They still have talents and personalities, you stupid fucks. Do any of you actually watch the show?
>>
>>25853516
Why do you keep remaking this thread?
>>
>>25857363
Twilight couldn't stop her either. The CMC would have been better qualified to talk her out of stealing cutie marks, honestly. And her argument about not having a cutie mark causing separation could have hit a lot closer to home on them as well.

Hell, in the end the goodness of having a cutie mark wasn't enough to change her mind. It may have finished things, but without the whole the world will suck with your fucking about with the timeline argument Twilight wouldn't have been able to stop her. And having three characters instead of just Twilight and Spike hanging around would open more options.
>>
>>25858018
Well you see.
Its new and different.
Its automatically shit.
A show should never change from its first cringey and awkward episodes.
>>
>>25854091
>shit like "Just like a boy, can't handle the least bit of sentiment."
How is that "shit"? That's still the general opinion of most society's you'd care to name. Applejack saying that was meant as a crack at that mentality, not a support of it.

Subtlety, you dumb nigger. The show used to have it, and it doesn't anymore.
>>
>they could have discovered they all had very different talents, that could be used to solve a greater problem together, like the M6
>nah, CMC forever XD
Glimmer was right. =
>>
>>25858140
>Applejack saying that was meant as a crack at that mentality
>taking a crack at that mentality
>spouting it word for word with complete seriousness and absolutely no sign of not being serious
>crack at that mentality
Wow, you're really deep into your delusions of season 1 and 2 being the best thing ever aren't you?
>>
>>25858018
No, they don't. Their whole lives are now the endless status quo of being CMC.
>what is MMC
>what is S5 opening
>>
>>25853823
I agree with this, it's not to say I didn't enjoy S5, but it certainly doesn't feel like season 1 or 2 and it's lost almost all the luster that pulled me in in the first place
>inb4 nostalgia
I just rewatched some of S1 yesterday and I'm going to do some more tonight
>>
>>25858158
You probably think "Art of the Dress" was just a song about dresses, and nothing else, don't you?
>>
>>25858018
Since when did the CMC have personality or talent?
Scootaloo has her dude scooter lmao gimmick and that's all that comes to mind.
>>
>>25858183
I'll explain it for you in detail so you can understand since you are clearly retarded.
In order to "take a crack at something" you have to subvert it in some way shape or form.
Where was the subversion here?
Applejack said it with compete earnestness.
You can't just do something verbatim and retroactively claim you're trying to point out how shit it is to do it.
Its the exact same pretentious retarded shit that the 3 oz mouse show tries to do and is stupid for the same reason.
>>
>>25858183
>dude scooter lmao
To be honest, though, this formula can be used to describe personalities of literally every pony in the show
>dude apples lmao
>dude so randum lmao
>dude mary sue lmao
>dude dresses lmao
etc
>>
>>25858222
For all those horses, multiple descriptors come to mind.
I can think of scooters and Rainbow Dash worship for Scootaloo.
Name a trait for Sweetie Belle or Apple Bloom.
Protip: you can't.
>>
>>25853516
>all that sweet filly ass.

does it mean that scootaloo is legal to fuck now?

in case you didn't notice, shes my fav
>>
File: 1447178924628.jpg (68 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1447178924628.jpg
68 KB, 600x800
>>25854091
Don't worry, anon. We understand that you prefer ponified DBZ with flashy lazors and deathbeams over the stale old slice of life formula.
Innocent ponies doing cute thing just doesn't appeal to everyone, I guess.
But that's completely okay. As long as you're having fun on the ride that's all that matters
>>
>>25853516
Just tattoo over it lol, or replace it with a sick scar, for the chicks yeah?
>>
File: 1427255648310.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1427255648310.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>25858040
Butthurt autist or /b/tard stripping mining all the keks from this joke of a show.

Most likely both.
>>
>>25853823
>>25853842
I guess if there's one thing bronies have a hard time grasping, it's parody.
>>
>>25858703
>parody is immunity to criticism
Epic. :^)
>>
>>25858742
Eh, maybe I was a little unfair to the second guy because he didn't specifically say why it was embarrassing, but >>25853823 is autistic to the max if he thinks The Mane Attraction was "an entire episode that was an ode to Lady Gaga".
>>
>>25858798
Did you want him to point out how rushed and forced the entire episode was, too?
>>
>>25858870
I don't really care what he has to say about the episode since he obviously didn't understand it and almost everything in his post was wrong or made no sense.
>>
>>25854091
>The first season was a cringe inducing shit show
Are you fucking retarded or just an outright newfag? The first season is what made the fandom and got the popularity in the first place faggot.
>Season 2 was better still only barely.
It's okay to have shit tastes, but I'm still going to call you a faggot.
>Season 1 and 2 has the most number of shit episodes compared to season 4 and 5.
List em faggot, lets see how autistic you really are.
>You're the delusional one who thinks lord Faust was is the god of animation and created perfection
>immediately going to faustard
Yes anon, clearly he must be a faustard because he liked the seasons she managed.

>Castlemania
>Flight to the Finish
>Daring Don't
>Simple Ways
>It ain't easy being breezies
>Leap of Faith
>Trade Ya
>Equestria Games
>The Finale
There, all the shit episodes of Season 4, the finale was alright in some regards and Tirek was decent, but as an episode it was trash. That's 10 episodes out of a 26 episode season that are crap, this is ignoring the mediocre to average episodes that decline from enjoyment as well

>>25858900
>didn't understand it
Nah he was spot on, but go ahead and plug your ears to criticism
>>
>>25858964
>The first season is what made the fandom and got the popularity in the first place faggot.
And the fandom is also a cringe-inducing shitshow, how about that.

You are a prime example btw.
>>
>>25858987
I dunno. The fandom seems to love the same seasons you seem to love. Slice of Life, eh?
>>
>>25858987
And the fandom is also a cringe-inducing shitshow, how about that
Look where you are right now faggot. Next you're going to tell me you discovered the show on your own and never had any interaction with the fandom
>>
>>25859039
Forgot to meme text
>And the fandom is also a cringe-inducing shitshow, how about that
>>
>>25853516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-adzJYcALdQ
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.