[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real Friendship Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: yesnomaybe1.png (24 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
yesnomaybe1.png
24 KB, 945x945
Sup fags,

I've got a real problem here that I think might even be a tough one for the mane 6. I could use some advice, and our kind are surprisingly good at giving it.

I've got a friend. He's a year younger than I. When I went off to college, I left our high school town as did my friends. This guy, John, who was a year younger lost most of his friends when we left (a few of us were his best friends).

After we left and he started senior year, he got hard into drugs. We smoked pot so it was an easy group for him to fall into. So we do our college thing and see him once or twice that year. Soon he gets a girlfriend whos just a total bitch. I mean she broke his arm with a golf club and still went back to her.

Whatever

So we tell him to ditch the chick, which he doesn't. He ends up in jail along the way once or twice. We generally lose touch because none of us wanted him bringing us down with him and the predicaments he put himself in.

Fast forward to today, we're seniors in college just finished penultimate semester. He calls myself and 2 of my best friends up. We don't answer. He texts us about how he misses us and how he's doing and how hurt he is that we didn't answer. Turns out he's got a job and is living back with his parents. Not sure about the girlfriend.

Well we feel awful and are planning on going and talking to the kid now. But I just don't know how to act. I don't know if I should let the kid back into my life.

There's a point where you can't help someone until they make the effort to help themselves. It seems like he's put that effort forth, to get his life back on track. Is it my turn to return the effort and support him as a friend should?

What do yall think?
>>
>>>/adv/
>>
>>25853305
When you meet him silently pull down your pants and take a shit on his coffee table. This display works two fold, one it breaks the awkward tension and two it shows your dominance, he won't question what you say he'll just do it
>>
>>25853318
This board is my home though, I'd rather advice from fags like me rather than fag advice, you know?
>>
>>25853305
Give it a shot man.What do you have to lose

Worst case scenario you just ignore him and get on with your life, best case he's bettered himself and you regain a friend.
>>
>>25853347

>claiming /mlp/ is your home
>when you have friends like a fucking normie

Do this then >>25853342
>>
If you consider yourself as his TRUE friend, then give it a shot, maybe he actually changed and he really wants to get his life fixed after all that happened.

If i were you, i would support him however i could, and give him advices whenever he needs one.

Anyways, if he ignores all those advices and apreciation you give him, then just ignore him, if he doesnt wants help, then it'll be like that, but now that he wants and needs help, you should give him that.
>>
File: all-that-shit.jpg (404 KB, 544x750) Image search: [Google]
all-that-shit.jpg
404 KB, 544x750
>>25853305
>>
>>25853305
Anon, what would a true TRUE friend do in this situation. That's all you have to think about
>>
Didn't read but tell all parties involved to watch magic horse show. Tell them to take notes and use what they learn to become better people. If that doesn't work then obviously your friends are not worth saving.
>>
>>25853573
Fuck it, why not

I'll post results
>>
>>25853305
DETERMINATION, LOVE, USE IT!
>>
>>25853305
Well OP, I've been in a similar position and I know how hard it is to have to reconnect with a (past) friend, especially someone you don't know well anymore.
Look at it from John's point of view, though. Of everyone he's ever met in his life, he decided to contact YOU and your friend. You mean that much to him. And he's probably in a bad spot mentally, financially, etc. I think it would mean the world to him if you reconnected, and you should consider it.
Ultimately, however, the choice is yours. You know the situation better than I do and know what is best.
And doing the right thing is never easy, but it is rewarding.
>>
>>25853666
How can I know that I can trust you, Satan?

Thanks, I'll give it a shot
>>
>>25853655
>LOVE
>not love

GTFO Chara
>>
>>25854018
Fucking Frisk posters
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.