[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summary: You are Etherbreeze, a unicorn born to Pegasi nobles.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 13
File: Yougettonamethe logo.png (225 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Yougettonamethe logo.png
225 KB, 500x500
Summary: You are Etherbreeze, a unicorn born to Pegasi nobles. You got an invitation by Princess Twilight to some sort of clandestine meeting, and you need to leave in two days BY THE LATEST.

For now though you're returning home to do things.
>>
File: Mansion layout.png (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Mansion layout.png
64 KB, 800x600
Sorry I passed out yesterday after my christmas party.

>>25827084
>I like that slight hint of neurosis Etherbreeze always seems to have. I want her to have a sickly sweet, melodic singsong voice to go along with it.
Well, practice makes perfect... It's just a lot more practice and less perfect-per-hour when its not related to your cutie-mark.

>>25818364
>>25823756
> Please give us a look at what the mansion is like.

Ok please enjoy the first floor of the mansion
>>
File: Mansion Layout 2nd.png (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Mansion Layout 2nd.png
63 KB, 800x600
>>25832687
Also have a second floor. Realize that some of the rooms extend two stories high, while some parts of the mansion are just one story tall.
>>
>>25832687
Oh, I guess I should point out, that dark grey strip is compacted clouds so that non-pegasus visitors can not die (since so much of the Hayseed airstate's money is made in rain and storms, they get a lot of earth-pony visitors. Also why they have so many guest rooms: where else would visitors stay?_.
>>
>>25832677
>Unicorn born to Pegasi
Well that's something new
>>
>>25832687
That's a big fucking house we have.
>>
>>25832677
You should post links to the last two threads. They've been discussing the CYOA in /cyoag/ and we might have new players who want to catch up.

Do we have any guests staying here right now?
>>
The thumbnail just looks a little bit like a dick
>>
>>25832677
Let's go to the library and write Twilight a letter asking who will be in attendance of the upcoming political summit.

>>25833179
We rolled noble rank twice during character creation. We're an important as hell baroness whose only immediate superior is Princess Luna.

>>25833345
Can't unsee.
>>
>>25833481
> only immediate superior is Princess Luna.

Oddly enough, the ranking goes like

> Etherbreeze > Duke Luna > Princess Luna.

>>25833345
I hate you so much. Why would you ruin what I spent a good forty-five minutes drawing by mouse for you all.

Note: I'm note sure if there was any cannon name for the teleportation paper they use in the show. I'm gonna call it Greenflame Parchment, but I'll retcon if someone finds out there is a canon name.

>>25833481

> You enter your mansion and head upstairs to the library.
> The building completely empty, and the only sounds you hear is the 'poff' of your feet on the carpet under your feet.
> It's entirely too creepy, and hastens your trot to the library.

> There was a time when this library was kept full stocked and up-to-date.
> Now its almost empty.
> Maybe of the books were sold off by your father to pay the fines and debts your cousin had accrued in the later, ill years of his life.
> What was left were rearranged onto a single shelf on the second floor.
> Thinking back to one of the socials Twilight had invited you to after the practicum incident, you shudder to think what would happen if the library had been brought up in conversation.

[Success - Etiquette]
[Success - Academics]
> Most of the desks are dusty too, except for one near the one filled bookshelf.
> You sit down there and pull out a piece of Greenflame from the desk drawer.
> An inquiry on the names of those attending is a simple enough letter to write.
> You of course mentally note to use discretion in asking; you already know that the meeting is secretive, so you write the letter in a way that won't be misconstrued as demanding or suspicious.
> You also address it to her assistant Spike's inbox; directly sending pieces of paper to the faces of ponies was a good way to annoying others.
> You also note in the letter that it be addressed to you personally.
> Giving the letter one last look over for errors, you find none and burn the parchment.
>>
>>25833337
Whoops, sorry I didn't see this post.

There are not guests in the house, it is completely empty, even lacks servants.

http://pastebin.com/QM9LjHMz

Here is a list of the threads, I'll start posting it in the first post from now on
>>
>>25833743
I guess we should prepare for the trip to Canterlot.
>>
>>25833949
Agreed. We should leave early, either today or first thing in the morning. We just need to make sure our barony is taken care of in our absence. Do we have a steward or sibling or something who will be holding down the fort for a few days?
>>
>>25834029
from the sounds of I all we have are Paperbloom. Either that or... whoever that was on the gondola we're kin to.
>>
>>25834071
>>25834029

> A few moments after sending the letter off, you lean back into your chair and think with your eyes closed.
> You very graciously thank yourself for dealing with the paperwork earlier.
> Any official business has been taken care of, so for the administration side of things the Airstates will run themselves just fine until the spring rain brings spring frenzies.
> It'd be nice to have someone sunside for the sake of having SOMEBODY in the Mansion, and to extend hospitality to visitors.
> Sadly that wouldn't be possible.

> All the servants are gone, so you have no head-of-house to greet, extend hospitality to, and gracefully turn away guests.
> The are the people of All-Weather, one of whom you could hire.
> But as surprising literate and educated as they are, their social skills would probably rub any visitors you might get the wrong way.
> Paperbloom ofcourse you would trust to stay watch, but you need him with you for your trip.
> It'd probably be torturous since he would be so close yet far away from his wife (she has a fear of heights).
> Separating them like that for whatever that Wintergrass holiday would put a bad taste in your mouth.
> Thankfully it'd be impossible for Etherwing, your loath to call twin, to stay and watch.

> That meant you'd just have to send a letter upriver to let people know you won't be accepting any visitors and unable to offer hospitality.
> How you went about making that letter though...

> You could just be honest and say you were attending official business, but that could damage the secret.
> You could come up with some more defined but less honest reason, but could lead to being revealed.
> You could also just not give a reason at all, but that might raise suspicion.
>>
>>25834350
God damnit, it's even worse that I imagined. She's our fucking twin! She's everything we've ever wanted to be and we will never have.

Anyways... Now, I'm not exactly experienced in how being a political bigwig is but I don't see any problems in just saying we're going to Canterlot for a few days.
>>
>>25834350
Surely there's some sort of event in Canterlot we could also attend while we're there as cover.

Or maybe we rent a lab at Canterlot University for some totally legit experiments.
>>
>>25834657
Best to keep it vague so we neither lie nor compromise state secrets. We are "visiting Canterlot for a few days". No mention of official business or meetings or anything. Let people draw their own conclusions.
>>
>>25834350
Why can't Etherwing make herself available? I want to know.
>>
>>25834787
Something's taking her to Catnerlot too, soon.
>>
>>25834810
Oh god damn it.
>>
>>25834350
We really need to appoint an alderman for situations like this. At some point we should start vetting someone for the position, so we have someone on staff to report on the state of things and talk to our constituents when we can't.
>>
>>25832687
Why is so much of our mansion off of the cloud? Isn't that dangerous?
>>
>>25834951
The mansion IS cloud, isn't it?
>>
>>25834973
It is made of cloud, and below the entire Mansion is a layer of hardened cloud (its like compacted cloud but more resilient to wind).

Etherbreeze has yet to hire a cloud-sculpting (like land-sculpting) outfit to restore the regular cloud area around it.
>>
>>25835024
Is this fan conjecture or are you GM?
>>
I'm not comfortable leaving the house completely unattended. Ask Paperbloom for the name of a reliable local pegasus, and hire him to be caretaker of the manor for a few days.
>>
File: 1305300435084_645.png (176 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
1305300435084_645.png
176 KB, 200x300
>>25835067
Whoops, yea >>25835024 was me. I forgot my tag haha. Silly me.
>>
Maybe we should actually name the CYOA. Ya'know, so it won't be such a mouthful?
>>
File: etherbreezeclearsky.jpg (182 KB, 1017x929) Image search: [Google]
etherbreezeclearsky.jpg
182 KB, 1017x929
>>25835183
IWTCIEC
>>
>>25835183
It is named. It's called "You Get To Name The", and its name is delightfully meta. You can call it YGTNT if you want. It even works with the logo: Yig TNT.

Or just call it the Etherbreeze CYOA.
>>
>>25835157
Do you want to see him right now or wait til tommorow and ask him at your office in the morning?

>>25834558
>>25834756
Just say you're going to Canterlot
>>25834657
Make up something (and back it up)
>>
>>25835365
Well, majority says "Just say you're going to Canterlot" right? I say we speak to Paper in the morning.
>>
>>25835365
We can talk to him later in the day, we just got up here. Worst case scenerio, we'll ask him first thing tomorrow morning. Then we can talk to our house-sitter, and then head off to Canterlot.

That still gives us a day and a half extra travel time in case of unforseen complications.

If we arrive early we can visit old Academy buddies.
>>
>>25835528
I gotta go again for more holiday fun times (picking up parents at the airport). When I get back we'll be writing the letter to send forward, possibly doing more with the rest of our day, and then the next morning asking about any competent pegasi in the area.
>>
File: 1445816325860.png (64 KB, 331x320) Image search: [Google]
1445816325860.png
64 KB, 331x320
>>25835680
GOD DAMN IT
>>
File: image.jpg (378 KB, 1479x1150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378 KB, 1479x1150
I trust Paperbloom to steer us towards someone competent to watch the house. If they prove themselves, we might even consider hiring them on full time. We need a staff, and money is one thing that we are NOT in short supply of.

And I guess we get to write more letters too. Pic related.
>>
Bump.

>>25836003
Etherbreeze a cute.
>>
>>25836508
Etherbump.
>>
Ehterbump
>>
Ehterbmup.
>>
Metheburp.
>>
Magikarp.
>>
> You sit back up and begin writing another letter, this time for the post office to pass on.
> It's the typical stuffy introduction, apology for inconvenience, and general flowery text.
> Not that it mattered; few people of any importance would ever read it, their aides or assistants would.
> Once you got more established in your position you might consider getting a postage service so you could have your current whereabouts posted in THE (there was only one for the region) Rainfall Journal of Noble Affairs.
> For now though the old fashion way would have to work.
> Which was make lots of copies of the same letter and then send them out to your most important contacts.
----

> It isn't until you put down your ink pen for the final time that you realize the sun is setting.
> Getting the hundred and so letters neatly stacked for tomorrow, you retreat from the library and find yourself in the hall.
> You can hear the clouds beneath your house and around you rumble gentle, their rain falling to the earth below.

> No doubt the ponies down there are gathering in the the local spot (every town in Hayseed has one), you could mingle with them for some no-holds-bar socialization.
> Then again, you could pursue a hobby.
> Or you could poor over the numbers again and plan for spring some more.
> You might just retire early too.
> but you've been indoors for a while, maybe taking a gallop would help clear your mind.
>>
>>25838006
Socialize.

But briefly, so we can still turn in a bit early and wake up at a reasonable time. I want to leave for Canterlot tomorrow morning.

Wait, what do the locals think of us? If it's negative, we don't have time to worry about fixing that before our meeting tomorrow, and we should skip it.
>>
>>25838006
Grab a bite to eat and go outside to watch the sun set.
>>
>>25838006
Time to rev up those mad social skills.
>>
>>25838006
Find a cute pegasus to take home.
>>
>>25839395
This is probably the safest bet. While we clearly have a 10/10 charisma, right before our big trip isn't the time to be trying to wine and dine the populace.

Head out onto the grand patio and watch the pegasi flying home to their families against the slowly setting sun.

>>25839603
We have a reputation to maintain.
We do this in our head only.
>>
Wouldn't there be a spell to give a non-pegasus pony wings? Even if you can't go full ali/pegasus, you could atleast use the wings spell from Rainboom.
>>
>>25840267
We're in an AU, but it might still exist. I doubt there would be as great a need to research and develop such a spell in a universe where cloudwalking magic can be etched into tattoos.

At any rate, Twilight said the spell was really hard. I bet we only got to use it for special occasions, like our cuteceanera and stuff.
>>
Etherbump.
>>
I know there must be plenty reasons for Etherbreeze to hate her sister but to the point of refusing to acknowledge her? That's pretty damn cold.
>>
>>25840897
We had to pass a composure skill check just to keep from losing our cool at her very presence. Either she was awful to us growing up, or we're not the kind to forgive anything.

Why was a pegasus riding the gondola up to the clouds, anyway? Was she just taunting us?
>>
>>25840708
>>
>>25840897
>>25841512
Yeah, I think her sister might have been the type to tease her over being a unicorn and not a pegasus. And considering how Ether is very sensitive about that...
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1343x573) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1343x573
>>25842479
That definitely seems like the most likely explanation. I hope we get more information on what our family was like growing up, since there's so much about Etherbreeze that we still don't know.
>>
>>25841512
She wasn't in the Gondola, she was outside of it flying around.
Le smug Rainbow Dash backstroke style.
And yes, she was just there to make your life miserable, as per usual.

>>25838792
All the locals know is someone reopened the office and presumably moved into the mansion.

Etherbreeze has only been here two weeks, and most of that was spent doing all the paper work your cousin didn't do when he was dying.

>>25838792
>>25839410
Socialize earth side.

>>25839395
>>25839698
Stay sunside and watch the sunset.

We may have a problem here. Time for a poll http://www.strawpoll.me/6331723
>>
>>25842773
What, she got a peice of airstate nearby or something or just waiting for a chance to gloat about being a Pegasus?
>>
>>25842836
She's probably just passing through on the way to Canterlot.

>>25834787
>>25834810
>>25834824
>>
>>25842773
Gotta vote for hitting up the local forum and seeing if there's any interesting characters around that could help us out in the future.
>>
>>25842773
Fuckit, I change my vote to socialize.
>>
Ech, I'll change my vote to socialize too, but only because we're deadlocked.
>>
Okay, so we broke the deadlock in the thread. We're going to go into town, and pray that our charisma and speechcraft will see us through.

Well, that and the research on the town we did.
>>
Oh fucking hell BUMP, dammit.
>>
I'm going to bump this quest until candy falls out.
>>
>>25843374
Eh, you could be someone who already voted socialize, and then said you were switching to it. But you know what, I'm gonna tie break and say socialization because it's more interesting.
--

> For the next week at least, you'll be surrounded by nobility.
> You'll play their games
> You'll speak their talk
> Dance their steps.

> It'll be a nice return to what you're used to.
> But it might be nice to enjoy to the relative obscurity before you go back.
> You toss a raincoat over your back and head back to the gondola for a ride earth-side.

> Passing through the clouds is turbulent, though the thick cables of the gondola remain unstressed despite the slight shaking.
> Once you're through the clouds proper, you see the town mostly dark.
> Except for a large building in the center of town, which cast long streaks of light from its windows.
> Given its shape it may have once been a barn, though lean-tos have been added.
> Despite the heavy rain, ponies continue to trickle in.

[Success - Athletics]

> When the Gondola reaches ground, you realize why they would trickle.
> Even with your raincoat on, the raindrops threaten to give you a tan.
> You quickly hurry down the raised wood streets of town to get to the bar.
> Raising the roads kept ponies out of the mud, but created the problem of slick surfaces.
> Your footing isn't troubled in the least however.
> Having to navigate Cloudsdale without wings has made athletic.

> Actually getting infront of the town center, you spot a sign next to the door.
> It reads "Thousand Islands' Board and Board house"
> You enter.
>>
>>25845332
Observe surroundings.
>>
>>25845332
Would you mind telling us more about our "athletics"? I image it is more speed and coordination based, rather than strength and endurance based.
>>
>>25845569
Speed, Coordination, AND endurance. In Canterlot you couldn't just float down, you had to run the long way around just to get from point A to B. You also had to learn how to jump high and do it repeatedly . Cloud climbing was also something you got used to.
---

> The inside of the once-barn is bustling with ponies.
> From the inside you can only see two rooms; the main room in front, and a room that's behind a half-height swinging door in the back.
> One side of the room however is set apart by another half-wall and full of coats and umbrellas, as well as some bags.
> The front room is full of square tables, some of which are left by themselves to sit a few while others are pushed together to fit more.
> Two ponies flit between the tables, delivering baked dishes on wooden planks and retrieving empty planks.
> A third pony has dedicated himself to managing wooden steins.

> There are slightly less than forty ponies in the place, stragglers still coming in.
> Given that the town is barely over thirty ponies, that means that people from outside the town proper are responsible for the numbers.
> Plenty of seats and tables are still open.
> You notice though that no one is sitting at a table alone.
> There are just empty tables, half-full tables, and full tables.
> You should probably find a seat...
> Or you could just stand around and wait to be noticed.
>>
>>25845819
>Jump good

Let's sit at an empty table and wait to be waited on. Standing around like ain't gonna accomplish anything.
>>
>>25845819
Let's try waiting to be noticed, but only briefly. These are friendly rural folk, and when they see a new pony someone is bound to flag us down with a friendly waving hoof.

Of course, if nobody notices us after a minute or so, I say we pick a table and sit rather than continuing to stand there looking awkward.
>>
>>25845819
Sit at an empty table, look around the room in slight yet apparent awe, and respond to eye contact with a pleasant smile.
>>
>>25845819
Fish for a table invite by looking nervous. It shouldn't be too hard. Try to catch the eye of a table full of pegusi.
>>
>>25845819
> You trot over to the corner section to deposit you coat, and then set yourself at one of the small and unoccupied tables.
> Almost immediately, you notice some eyeballing and murmurs being thrown in you direction.
> Across the room, a pegasus gets up.
> Then someone from behind clears there throat.
> It's an earth pony from the table next to you.

"Can't help but notice you're all alone. A friend had to leave early and there's a spot at our table for another. Care to join us?"

> The stallion gestures to a seat on the other side of his table, that is indeed vacant.
> The Pegasus that was looking at you earlier has already returned to his seat and is engrossed in whatever his friends are talking about.
>>
>>25847369
Well, yeah.
>>
>>25847369
I knew they were friendly.
Now we schmooze.
>>
>>25847369
Lez mingle. Say thanks, and ask his name while we're changing tables.
>>
One last bump before I go to sleep. Hopefully I don't wake up to find out that we embarrassed ourselves horribly.

Now it's all up to the insomniacs and Australians.
>>
File: 1449729985110.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449729985110.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>25847799
>Now it's all up to the insomniacs and Australians
And even we have our time, anon.Which is no time soon. Fucking bump.
>>
File: 1445795540515.png (130 KB, 196x388) Image search: [Google]
1445795540515.png
130 KB, 196x388
>>25848928
> That face when you lose the entire post right before you're about to post, due to accidentally hitting some shortcut that takes you back a page that you didn't even know existed.
>>
File: rarity_shock.gif (465 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
rarity_shock.gif
465 KB, 500x309
>>25849061
>>
>>25849061
Since I lost shit, I lost my shit, that means this shit might not be as high quality because my shit is currently being lost.

>>25847369

[Astounding Success - Etiquette]

> The earth pony doesn't put a hoof on your chair to help you up out of your seat.
> His expression though makes you think HE thinks he is being polite.
> You react to the information like the well-oiled socialite you are.

"Sure. Thanks."

> As you get up and round his table to find the offered seat, he returns to his own and begins talking with the pony on his right.
> You don't get a chance to get his name, but another pony at the table picks up for him
> A youngish looking Earthpony, green coat with white mane and sleek figure.
> She starts talking to before you've even sat down.

"Always nice to meet a new face. My name's Leaf Rack."

> Once you sit down proper one of the other earth ponies speaks up, pointing at her.
> He's a fairly large earth pony stallion, dark brown coat with an unkempt white mane.

"I should point out right now, despite my name we're not related."

> Leaf Rack laughs and then retorts "You know, it might be more helpful if you gave your name first, Rum Rack."

"Why? I knew you'd do it for me"

> The conversation continues as an erratic back and forth, and even as introductions are being made ponies are having side conversations or making quips at each other.
> You do eventually find out everyone's name.

> Sitting to your right is Greenleaves, a grass green unicorn with brown/blue hair.
> To their right is Rum Rack.
> Then comes Flamberge, a dark orange earthpony stallion with bright red mane.
> After him is the pony that invited you to the table, Alamint: a cream colored earth pony mare with a light green and white mane.
> To her right is one of the largest Pegasus you've ever seen, Featherweight: she's blue with a long flowing blonde mane.
> Finally there's Chloria, a rust red earth pony mare with dark green mane.
>>
File: celestia28.gif (315 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
celestia28.gif
315 KB, 400x225
>>25849197
>To her right is one of the largest Pegasus you've ever seen, Featherweight: she's blue with a long flowing blonde mane.

So what's their deal? What do they do? We should keep an eye out for pones that would make for good staff.
>>
>>25849197

[Minor Failure - Savvy (What's she asking)]
[Astounding Success - Etiquette (Not being akward about not knowing)]

> Eventually the introductory festivities wear thin.
> Chloria changes the subject with a question.

"Since you're new to the group, do you want to choose first?"

" Pardon?" You say reflexively.

> Chloria eyes you oddly, and repeats the question slowly a second time.
> While she's talking, you suddenly realize what she's talking about.
> Laid out in the middle of the table, past everyone's ceder planks of food, is a large board.
> It looks to be some sort of map of the Griffon territories, and a small box to the side of the board is filled with little pieces, tokens, and cards.
> Suddenly the "Board and Board" part of the name made sense: food on 'boards' and board-games.
> You mentally kick yourself for not realizing that sooner, you already knew about the 'eccentric' nature of gathering places in Hayseed after all.

> You make a 'oh man I derped' face.

"Right. Well, I'd be fine with taking first pick but I'm not really acquainted with this game." You admit.

> To that, Flamberge sighs.

"Well, the game is played in three teams, and we try to score objective points while stopping the other team from getting points." Alamint explains after shushing Flamberge.

"It'll be easier to understand once we start playing. Just start by picking one of those cards from the pile there. Don't show anyone though, just tell us if it says rebel or loyalist".

> Alamint points to a pile of cards next to the box with the miscellany in it.
> You draw a card from the pile and look at it.
> It says 'Rebel' on it, as well as the name "Featherstone".
> There's also some text on it that talk about dice.

"It says Rebel on it, that mean I'm on a 'rebel' team?"

"Exactly" Greensleeve chimes in this time.

> Eventually everyone picks their cards, and begins setting up the board.
> Rum Rack suggest you order something while they prepare the game.
> Do you order?
>>
Sorry, I gotta go. I wasted a lot of time losing that post, and now its too late to go on. I'mma pass out on my bed now
>>
>>25849406
Yes, we order. We haven't had dinner after all, and we don't exactly have to worry about bits.

No fancy unicorn food, though. We want a hearty pegusi-style meal.

Are we over-emphasizing this aspect of her personality?

Nah.
>>
Emergency page nine bump.
>>
Slightly less emergency page eight bump.
>>
Non-emergency page something bump
>>
I'm going to bump this thread like it owes me money.
>>
>>25849406
Get food.

Also, if this game is pony Risk, then I say we try to hole up in Australia. It always works well for me.
>>
>>25849406
Get eats. Rek scrubs.
>>
>>25852333
Trips confirm that we must rek scrubs. We have above average intelligence and off the charts charisma, so we might have a chance, even though we've never played this game before.
>>
>>25849518
>spoiler

Maybe a tad. She has an interesting story and flaws but her general personality and attitude seems dull. I feel like she's talking in a flat monotone. Right now it feels like she speaks in a cold calculated way (which I'm sure she's pick up from being nobility) but I don't really like that. Etherbreeze needs to be just a little more relatable if you ask me.
>>
>>25852791
>Etherbreeze comes across as really reserved

I actually kind of like that, because it comes across as affected behavior. On the outside she is the ever stoic Maud, to hide the fact that on the inside she is the self-doubting Pinkie.
>>
>>25853515
Eh, I can buy that. Maud may be an extreme example though.
>>
>>25853766
True, but you still get the idea. She's putting on a brave front because she's been bullied and overlooked her whole life for being the wrong race.
>>
>>25853822
Etherbreeze... Etherbreeze had a hard life.
>>
I AM BUMPING THIS THREAD AS HARD AS I CAN.
>>
>>25852791
>>25853515
To me it seems less like she is reserved, and more that she is calculating.

>>25853822
For someone with a persecution complex, she seems pretty full of herself. It's like she's full of Pride and Prejudice
>>
>>25854903
I could see calculating too. Weighing every response, trying to avoid showing any weaknesses because of her past.

It's all overcompensation. You get told you're inferior enough times, and eventually you start to claim the opposite just to shut people up.
>>
BUMP
UMP
MP
P
>>
>>25855553
So close
>>
>>25855810
And now we have to wait another seven hours for an update because I missed the holy quints.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 125x53) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 125x53
Small bump.
>>
>>25849406

"'Ay, sis!" Rumrack bellows after you agree to ordering something.

> The mare you saw dashing about refilling steins trots up to you and opens her mouth to speak, but then closes it and gives you a 'one moment' gesture.
> She then smacks Rumrack over the back of the head.
> Then she returns her attention to you despite her brother's complaining.

"Welcome to Thousand Island's Board and Board. My name is Toptap, and I'm the one who'll be serving you drinks tonight. If you want a board of food, just yell out for Broomstick or Slider and they'll take your order. Oh, and ofcourse a menu to make your decisions with."

> She reaches into her saddle pack and presents a menu to you, which you take with your telekinesis.

"Have fun and buy lots of food." Toptap says before giving a flutter of her wings and returning to her busy task of filling drinks.

> The menu is hand written, with a small but varied selection of food and drink.
> You decide quickly and call over Broomhandle with your food order.
> You also wave down Toptap when she returns to refill Chloria's for your drink.
> Your food comes shortly after.

> Its's a ceader plank with a rather exotic pizza on it.
> Exotic to you atleast, because its mostly made of locally grown produce.
> The scent of the wood and pizza are mouthwater.
> For once, you let your saliva glands indulge themselves and lick your lips before eating
>>
>>25857405

[Minor Failure - Savvy (Play historical board game)]

> You continue to eat and drink as the game begins.
> Your in a team with Greenleaves and Chloria, supposedly representing a rebel faction trying to overthrow the current King
> Rumrack, Flamberge, and Alamint are also in a team as the establishment.
> Featherweight is on his own, and is playing as the guilds who are trying to get points by profiting from the war by making each battle profit them more than they wreck the cities.

> The game very in depth, involving steps between turns to represent various mechanics like war exhaustion.
> The game starts poorly for your team, as the established nobles got a series of good rolls and draws that let them crack down on your troops.
> Chloria starts making trades with Featherweight to get more troops to make up for the losses, and while she's doing that you spend your turn inciting riots.
> The game continues on and eventually it looks like the rebels will ahistorically win.
> Durring the last turn though, Featherweight plays a plot he had been putting points into for half the game, and your team is forced to either let him take a gold token from the supply, or turn over a soldier token to the establishment.
> That's a choice that repeats for every territory that had been pillaged (Which you had been doing to try and prevent him from getting lots of gold).

> His ploy paid off, and he won by a hair.
> Rebel victory points: 122
> Establishment victory points: 93
> Merchant victory points: 126
> Despite the loss, the others were in fairly good mood.
> You made some mistakes but most of it came from being unfamiliar with some of the less obvious scenarios, they explained.
> Greenselves said that she was honestly expecting you to completely lose the game for them like Rumrack did when they first played the game.
> This devolves into a humorous story about how Rumrack ruined the game.
>>
>>25857415

> As they talk, they start putting the pieces away, and you help by reorganizing the plot cards.
> What surprises you is that the game took four hours.
> They ask if you want to join the next game they have, as Chloria pulls out a different box and sets it on the table.
> It's titled "Secret of Horsehead Pass", and has a fantastical portrait of ponies adventuring through a montage of mystical places.
>>
>>25857432
As much as I want to see what that game is about, it's already late and we have to get up early tomorrow for appointing a housesitter and leaving for Canterlot.

Thank everyone for the game, say you look forward to another at some point, but we have early business tomorrow.
>>
>>25857432
>>25857530
Naw son, it's time for an all-night bender where we put off tomorrow's troubles for some fun today, and partake in the local culture.

We can sleep on the way to Canterlot, it's not we're going to be flying here.
>>
>>25857988
We still need to be awake enough to hire a house-sitter, even if we sleep on the train.
>>
Reposting because I left my name on like an idiot from the Equestrian Dungeon thread.

>>25857432
> It's titled "Secret of Horsehead Pass", and has a fantastical portrait of ponies adventuring through a montage of mystical places.
Are we being invited to play pony D&D? Ask what kind of game this is.
>>
>>25858294
I KNOW YOUR SECRETS
>>
>>25858625
Oh, were you in that CYOA too?
>>
>>25858294
Not the only one.

>>25858607
>>25858614
>>25858619
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.