[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should the males get more development?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: 19d.gif (898 KB, 564x470) Image search: [Google]
19d.gif
898 KB, 564x470
Should the males get more development?
>>
>>25817904
Should Op stop making the same shit thread? Yes, imo
>>
File: bonbon tired of your shit.png (27 KB, 241x339) Image search: [Google]
bonbon tired of your shit.png
27 KB, 241x339
The males should go back to the fields
>>
>>25817904
Alright, who let OP out of the penis dungeon again?
>>
>>25817930
we ran out of dicks for him to suck
>>
What males? Spike? Big Mac had enough development for a side character already. If you want some background stallions to get development just to fill up the imaginary quota you made up in your head that orders you to have a certain male/female character ratio then you honestly need to get out.
>>
>>25817936
OP can never run out of dicks to suck
>>
>>25817948

Shining Armor, Soarin, Braeburn.
>>
>>25817904
I don't need to see more of them.

It's funny but it always seems like the people who want more boy ponies are either MRAs or grills.
>>
>>25817984
>Shining needing more development
>Soarin needing any
>Braeburn being relevant at all

Three strikes. >>out
>>
>>25817984
We will probably have more SA now that the Skyla situation is on, Braeburn and Soarin had episodes in S5 so considering their minor role they're playing in MLP I think they've had more than enough.
>>
>>25818056

But wouldn't you like more male development?
>>
>>25818064
Not really.
>>
>>25818064
I would like more pony development.
>>
>>25818065

Why not?
>>
>>25818068
Why?
>>
>>25818068
There are no male ponies I'm interested in.
>>
Does anyone think Flim & Flam would be appropiate for a rehabilitation ark? Where they would learn to use their skills with machinery for poverty rather than greed, or something
>>
>>25818084
>not being interested in male ponies
>>
>>25818218
Whatever, fag.
>>
>>25818084
What are you, a fucking dyke?
>>
>>25817948
Sadly this. All the male characters, save for Discord who is Meghans veritable boy toy that it's a surprise she doesn't ship him with PRINCESS Spergle are secondary characters at best. The Yamchas of the series.
>>
>>25818245

In other words, no.
>>
>>25817904
Spike should, as he's a semi-main character who hasn't had a lot of worthwhile development. All the rest of the male characters aren't important enough to get more than they have already gotten. And since Spike's development always sucks he shouldn't get any more either.

So no.
>>
>>25817904
the females don't even have as much development as they need to be effective mane characters over anything other than an episodic show. (rather than one with an overall story like mlp is trying and failing at)
>>
>>25818451
>Spike
>important
>>
>>25818769
Without Spike, Twilight would have to do all the cooking and cleaning herself.

Or get the royal guard now, but she didn't used to have that option.
>>
>>25818245
Meghan MCCarthy removed her title as "headrwiter of MLP" on her twitter account. Since Thiesson left the series to work on Movies, Meghan probably did the same. There is going to be a new headwriter for S6. Either Larson, Haber or Vogel. Larson is the fan favurite, Haber already took over Equestria Girls and Vogel is Meghan best pal from Hasbro and recently joind writing crew.
>>
>>25817904
They should develop Soarin and ship him with Dash.
>>
>>25818820
>showing a gay couple on a kids show
>>
But why shouldn't they?
>>
>>25818820
This is a show about friendship, they will hopefully never introduce a relationship with one of the main characters
>>
>>25819113

I mean, does the show need to have romantic relationships?
>>
>>25819117
We've had over a 100 episodes without it and I'm sure we can go for another hundred before even considering that idea.
>>
>>25819117
I say no. Romance pretty much always leads to shit. Just look at Disney/Pixar/Drwamworks movies. First movie was good, then suddenly second one has a forced romance and it only becomes more shit from there on.

And it also takes away from their friendship.
>>
>>25819113
One of the characters gets a coltfriend and the other characters feel like her coltfriend is challenging their friendship by taking up too much of her time.

There, friendship problem.

I think that by the end of the series, all of the mane six should have coltfriends, and that said coltfriends should be main characters, effectively making them the mane 12.
>>
File: 1449064489331.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449064489331.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
>>25819441
I'd have to disagree there. We've got enough shows about romance, and I don't feel that this fits within the theme of the show. The friendship problem you described doesn't need to be caused by romance, and the first appearance of Gilda proved that.
I'm not against romance in this universe, and in the future I can definately see them creating families with others. I just don't think this is what the show's about.
>>
>>25819484
I tried to make it fairly clear I was being facetious, but oh well.
>mane 12
>>
>>25819117
I'd like it if they had at least references to the fact that they have a life outside of each other. The show's getting better at that, but Pinkie is still the only one to have been shown to have friends outside of the mane six. Rainbow Dash is the really weird one about that since she doesn't even live in Ponyville. The princess of friendship and maybe Fluttershy are the only ones who it really makes sense for them to not have friends outside of each other. This leaves Spike in a really bad position in that he doesn't have any friends of his own, just Twilight's friends. I can't believe that Rarity and Applejack didn't have any friends in town before Twilight got there.

Dating is just one of the big holes in their life, but I think that including it in the background a bit would make them look more realistic as characters. I feel like it should be more of a background thing, but acknowledged. Kinda like the pets, with maybe a pet focused episode once a season, and one where they have a group date and set up the one missing a date (could be a fun Fluttershy/random pony/Discord episode, especially if Fluttershy wanted to be with Discord or just no one at all). Or all their friends that aren't each other get together and deal with a friendship problem while they're at somewhere else, like the Spike taking care of pets to make a gem cake episode.
>>
>>25819659

>Spike doesn't have any friends of his own

Big Mac?
>>
File: 1446404156792_en.png (169 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446404156792_en.png
169 KB, 400x400
>Stallions want rights
>>
>>25817904
I'd give them more deveopment if you know what I mean :^)
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.