[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fans of MLP characters are the monkey's paw version of those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: das-ponk.jpg (259 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
das-ponk.jpg
259 KB, 774x1032
Fans of MLP characters are the monkey's paw version of those characters.

Ideal Ponk Fan: cheery, energetic, good cook, can eat forever without getting much fatter than everybody else
Real Ponk Fan: depressed, land whale, eats off-the-shelf trash and fast food instead of cooking

Ideal Twilight Fan: smart, high-achieving, sometimes callous but ultimately able to blend well with any crowd
Real Twilight Fan: autistic, achievements limited to mid-level academics or neckbread turf wars

Ideal Fluttershy Fan: calming, beautiful, compassionate
Real Fluttershy Fan: controlling, needs submissive partner, insufficient hygiene

Ideal Rarity Fan: dresses well while also making others feel cool and good about themselves
Real Rarity Fan: Kardashian

Never met any hardcore Applejack or Rainbow Dash fans. I know they're out there, just never had the chance to compare meatspace behavior. Does the pattern hold up?
>>
>>25798922
ok
>>
>>25798922
>Giving a fuck about any of this.

Get the fuck out.

5463'D
>>
Ideal Celestia fan: Solaire of Astora
Real Celestia fan: The only 3 people in the fandom who got sick of Luna.
>>
>>25798922
MMM delicious neckbread.
>>
File: neckbread.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
neckbread.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>25799300
It is worth fighting for.
>>
>>25798922

The only ones you list I feel really apply are Fluttershy and Twilight fans. To my experience Pinkie, Rarity and Dash fans care less about relating to their favorite or at least thinking they do so their fanbases are hard to peg down.
>>
>>25799919
There's a difference between liking a character and identifying with a character. OP trainwrecks are what happens when somebody tries to identify with a character and fails hard. Liking a character without wanting to be them will probably turn out better.

For example, I like Rarity, but I don't want to be Rarity. I like her the way I like watching someone watch tinfoil more than I like watching someone microwave a hot pocket. Not because it's better, but because it's more interesting to watch.
>>
>>25800489
>watch tinfoil
microwave tinfoil
>>
File: 1367493391161.png (196 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1367493391161.png
196 KB, 800x800
>>25798922
>Kardashian
Ha. You know Jack and Shit, and Jack left town last week, brony.
>>
>>25800509
True, Kardashians are rich and successful.
>>
>>25798922
Ideal RD fan:
Constantly striving to improve themselves, and a constant source of inspiration, both in words and action.
Actual RD fan: that fat dodgeball coach you probably had if you went to public school.
Ideal AJ fan: has their life in order, with minimal dramatic bullshit. Spends their life perfecting whatever passion they pursue, and is beneficial to their community at large.
Real AJ fans: not this, because those people are too busy being productive and contributing to society to be watching this show.
>>
>>25800564
>not this, because those people are too busy being productive and contributing to society to be watching this show.
this could be the description for every "real fan" desu
>>
File: 1393106512870.gif (86 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
1393106512870.gif
86 KB, 400x295
>>25800549
mfw broke
>>
>>25800489

Yeah Rarity fans are the ones I think I see the LEAST just go "I like this character because I relate to them!"

I don't know why Twilight and Fluttershy attract such a large proportion of those people, it's the laziest way of liking a character.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.