[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Starlight Glimmer really a sociopath, or are people just using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: derpi_1037892.png (279 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
derpi_1037892.png
279 KB, 1280x722
Is Starlight Glimmer really a sociopath, or are people just using it as a buzzword to slander a cartoon horse?
>>
>>25794829
People overthink to much a show for little girls because they want drama and have nothing better to do with their lives.
>>
>>25794920
this, the show has no deep meaning that can be applied to the real world.
>>
>>25794829
You know we are all sociopaths to some varying degree right?
>>
>>25794992
eh not really.
>>
>>25794920
>>25794972
Are you normal or do you just hate fun.
>>
>>25795022
i dont hate fun
>>
>>25794829
Tumblr just wants to deflect criticism of their fascist marxism by saying the cartoon horse is a sociopath and doesn't represent them.
>>
File: 1398114178180.gif (63 KB, 333x260) Image search: [Google]
1398114178180.gif
63 KB, 333x260
>>25795022
For me ruining others people fun, is fun.
>>
>>25794992
That sounds like something an edgy teen would say when he wants all the edginess included in the "sociopath" label without actually being a bona fide sociopath. Just FYI, real sociopaths usually avoid the label because it's harder to manipulate people when you can't earn their trust. Also, real sociopaths don't spend good chunks of their mental energy wondering whether they're sociopathic, or trying to convince themselves that they are. Those are dead giveaways.
>>
>>25795081
I met a sociopath.
He never was able to hide it when he successfully manipulated me into doing something he wanted.
Needless to say, I got away from him really fucking fast.
>>
>>25795081
funny thing is people are all kinda sociopaths, they just care about some people and disregard the rest.
>>
>>25795210
>they just care about some people
Hence, not sociopaths. Sociopathy is characterized by extreme levels of selfishness, to the point where a lot of them begin believing that they are the only "real" person in the world.
>>
>>25795251
We have all thought that at some point.
>>
>>25795268
Sure, after watching 'The Matrix' for the first time.
>>
>>25795210
If by "the rest", you mean (for example) the hordes of faceless school/mall shooting victims, then that's completely normal. People can only empathize with things that have left an impression on them that they can empathise with. That's how you get people who go up in arms on message and image boards when one cartoon horse makes another cartoon horse cry by being obnoxious, and at the same time, not give hardly a shit about dozens of real life people being killed by a mentally disturbed man with a gun.

>>25795268
As children. Morality is internalised into people throughout the development process. Very young children function purely on a reward/punishment basis because they haven't internalised morality and they haven't developed empathy. Sociopaths are people who haven't developed empathy and haven't internalised any mode of morality that a normal person would recognize as such.
>>
>>25795334
you sir, your sir.
>>
>>25795251
on a technicality some sociopaths actually do care about some, but not in the same way as others do.
>>
>>25795099
He's not very good at it then
>>
She's just a badly written character. People tend to forget these fuckers are all fictional, she feels offbeat because the show staff simply fail at anything more complex than funny interaction.
>>
>>25797040
This.
>>
>>25797040
Who's better written though? Shimmers or Starlight?
>>
>>25797055

Both are honestly pretty bad, Sunset in particular barely has a personality in a way so baffling I consistently forget she even exists.

But I'll have to say Starlight is the less bad one because they atleast set up she had a beef with cutie marks before her bad redemption, while Sunset's "BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FRIENDS" gets dropped on your head fast and hard and you're just supposed to roll with it.
>>
File: 1428168093909.png (171 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1428168093909.png
171 KB, 640x640
>>25794829
>When you thought Starlight was just a greedy villain gathering cutie marks to increase her own power, but it turns out she actually BELIEVES her own philosophy

Maybe I was wrong about you Starlight...
>Am I finally getting through?
>I'll rid this world of pointless Cutie Marks Twilight
I was wrong, you're not greedy.
YOU'RE BATSHIT INSANE!
>>
>>25794829
I thought one of the traits of being a sociopath is disregard of everything and everybody else who doesn't factor into her plans.

By stepping down once she realize she's not only fucking up Twilight as intended, but all of Equestria, I'd say she's not that sick yet.
>>
>>25794829
She could be high-functioning. She's clearly willing to overlook hypocrisy and the consequences of her actions on others in favor of holding to her ideals, but only to a point. Seeing the potential future she created really broke her resolve.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.