[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glimmer's backstory wasn't tragic enough, it didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: medium.png (168 KB, 800x442) Image search: [Google]
medium.png
168 KB, 800x442
Glimmer's backstory wasn't tragic enough, it didn't go far beyond inconvenient.

What backstory would you give her to make her more sympathetic?
>>
File: medium-37.png (71 KB, 599x286) Image search: [Google]
medium-37.png
71 KB, 599x286
>>25772679
>>
>>25772679
she saw a pony she cared about life get worse instead of better after getting their cutie mark. they got relentlessly bullied or something and then ended up having to move away.
>>
>>25772679
Her parents are dead.
>>
>>25772679
They just made it softer because I am sure it was supposed to be that her friend died, instead of just going away because of his mark.
>>
>>25772679
>rape
>>
>>25772759
What would her friend dying have to do with wanting everypony to be equal? Death is inevitable, and equal because everyone dies eventually.
>>
>>25772679
Literally have it happen multiple times through her fillyhood. Once is unfortunate, twice is a coincidence, three times is the world fucking with you,
>>
>>25772679
The way she interacted with Fluttershy's bullies had me thinking her background was going to have bullies in it, bullies that made fun of her for being different or something.
>>
>>25772776
If a friend of yours dies because of his talent, wouldn't you start hating talents?
>>
>>25772679
She didnt get the D, so she raged on Tumblr, when that didn't work she thought everyone else was in the wrong
>>
>>25772679
She baneposts one too many times and gets banned by the mod, since she can't evade bans like the normie she is, she goes mad.
>>
>>25772792
We've only seen like three minutes of her back story, everything after whats-his-face left probably kept biting her in the ass. Being a shut in and your only friend leaving probably let a lot of bullying enter her life, and with no outlet she probably became the town's laughingstock until she eventually left for Our Town.
>>
File: yBGg3AJ.gif (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
yBGg3AJ.gif
3 MB, 720x404
>>25772734
>Mfw when this could've been Troubleshoes and then Twilight would introduce her to the cmc and tell her what they did for him and the true meaning of cutiemarks, giving season 5's emphasis of cutiemarks have a point
>>
>>25772679

I would have gone into more detail into why Starlight Glimmer believed the things she did (equality, you can't have nightmares if you never dream, etc.)

Instead of just losing one friend because they got a cutie mark soon, Starlight should have witnessed ponies being treated differently based on cutie marks throughout her entire life. Some ponies get to be garbage men, others get to be princesses of magic. She should have noticed in school that only ponies with similar cutie marks hung out with each other (all the food ponies, all the farmer ponies, etc.) and Glimmer and the other blank flanks would be bullied like the CMC. Except unlike the CMC they didn't bond together and drifted away just like Sunburst. Then, when Glimmer finally gets her cutie mark, she doesn't know what the fuck it means and lives in poverty for years, causing her to resent destiny and inequality.

I would have loved to have seen the formation of the commune. How she attracted members (and all of THEIR tragic backstories), how the rules were made, how she found the ipad cutie mark container, how she figured out how to make = cutie marks, how she learned magic so well. I would have loved to see a flashback showing that the commune was actually successful at first and it slowly deteriorated as Starlight became more possessive of her citizens, more controlling, more crazy. It would make the ponies in the commune forgiving her more realistic if we got to see that they really were happy at one point.

Some of this stuff I'm hoping we get to see in season 6.
>>
>>25772679
She finally got a cutie mark to join her BF, but some unicorn stole it and she went on an epic quest to retrieve it. After several years, she finally reaches him and he convinces her that ponies should be equal. The unicorn takes her under his wing, and soon teaches her the spell to remove cutie marks, and before passing away, returns her cutie mark. Except Starswirl just returned back to his time, knowing that by teaching her, her path would cross with Twilight and she would gain a new ally. /autism
>>
File: ds.jpg (245 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
245 KB, 1024x1024
Starlight and Sunburst were fuckbuddies
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.