[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this book a few days back, and I wanted to know what /mlp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: twibuk.jpg (1012 KB, 2244x1888) Image search: [Google]
twibuk.jpg
1012 KB, 2244x1888
I got this book a few days back, and I wanted to know what /mlp/ thinks of it.
>>
Personally I don't think it was as good as The Elements of Harmony book or the Journal of the Two Sisters. Only the map was really interesting.
>>
>>25737925
>cum inside it
>>
>>25737925
I saw that at a bookstore. It was over $30. Not worth it, man.
>>
>>25737925
>Mary Jane Begin
Well it's 4:20 somewhere
>>
>>25737925
It's a good look inside the inner workings of the art and production team at DHX.

In my opinion, if you're an artist or interested in how the visuals are made for a major cartoon the book is totally worth the money. There's lots of concept sketches and looks into behind-the-scenes shit.
>>
>>25738644
It's $17 on amazon
>>
File: behind.png (319 KB, 565x747) Image search: [Google]
behind.png
319 KB, 565x747
>>25738759
I enjoyed this tidbit. Between this and various interviews you can tell that there's actually passion behind this show.
>>
>>25737925
It was okay. I expected a bit more from it, but I still enjoyed reading it anyway. Concept art always puts a smile on my face. I thought the storyboards of the Twilight vs Tirek fight were pretty interesting to see, especially the moments the cut from the final version.
>>
Just got it from amazon for $15. Only went through the first few pages but am impressed so far. I think the concept drawings will actually help me drawpony because I am bad at it.
>>
>>25737925
Scans first nigger.
>>
>>25737925
I got that book too, it's totally worth getting a hard copy.
>>
>>25738772
>>25738644
I got it for $14 on Black Friday at barns and noble. (it was 50% off)
>>
>>25738759
>sometimes Rainbow Dash is aloof and brooding

Looks like some things didn't make the cut.
Reminds me of Fluttershy's hidden anger and how that nearly compeltely disappeared since S2.
>>
>>25738759
>Sometimes she disappears for days at a time
>sometimes rainbow dash is aloof and brooding - no one knows why

God damn this makes her sound like her friends barely know her for real, all mysterious like. Is she living some kind of double life?
>>
>>25738759
>disappears for days at a time
I wish they had kept that actually. It would have introduced an interesting dynamic to her character
>>
>>25740437
>>25740510
It can still fit in her character, maybe on episodes she doesn't appear is when she's gone.
>>
>>25737925

>I got
>I want to know what /mlp/ thinks of

Too late anon, money already wasted on a book for just the cool backgrounds
>>
>>25738695
Mary Jane ends in S6.
>>
>>25740437
It almost sounds like she has some big regret eating away at her, or some kind of secret that she's trying to keep buried.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.