[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mazes and Medusas CYOA Part18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: M&M poster by Nips.png (48 KB, 840x1800) Image search: [Google]
M&M poster by Nips.png
48 KB, 840x1800
You're in a tavern. Suddenly, the door bursts open and everyone is frozen in place. Everything goes silent. The air is stagnant and your food is rotten. An old stallion tells you years have past, and you've been brought back from stone to fight the medusa that caused this mess.

Previously on Mazes and Medusas,
>You fought a gelatinous cube
>You got the last of the harmony weapons
>Weapon upgrades and beating a turtle

Last we left off, you went to bed in the middle of a snuggle sandwich.

>Archive
http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/mazes
>>
>>25736386
B-bottoms up.
You lift the spoon to your mouth and blow on the hot liquid, Eve doing the same.
You offer each other a wary glance and a comforting smile before taking the soup into your mouths.
Well, the broth is really good at least.
But you're not a fan of that algae.
You sort of just push as much of it as you can off to the side as you munch on the shallots, scallions, and celery, using your spoon as a filter whenever you drink the broth.
Eve seems to be doing the same.
It's really not so bad.
You were expecting to have to block out the world around you and just push through it.
Part of you really wanted an excuse to go to your happy place, but it really isn't needed here.
You don't know what Flashbang would have done, but it would have been nice to have Carver be a respectful maid, or butler Gis laughing at your puns.
Maybe in your dreams.
Besides...
You take another look around the room at your friends, lingering on Jet and Eve.
You're already in a happy place.
Gis and Carver finish cooking the turtle soup proper and the others get their fill.
Gisela is the only on actually eating the meat, but the others seem to enjoy the added turtle flavor.
You and Eve focus on your bowls.
Soon enough, everyone finishes eating and Softshell gets some blankets for the rest of you.
He's got his own room and bed, but the living room is the only one with enough space for the rest of you.
He wishes you a good night and retreats to his room while the rest of you get settled in the sheets.
Eve takes one side of you while Jet takes the other, both snuggling into you closely.
~
>>
I'M
>>
>>25736392
You awake from an incredibly comfy rest, nestled in between the warm fur of your lovers.
They both breathe quietly into your neck and chest, their limbs wrapped around yours.
Pressed so tightly against each other, you can feel their synced up heartbeats.
You raise your head just enough to scout the room.
No one else is around. Just you, and a sleeping Jet and Eve.
Gisela, Carver, and Flashbang must be out somewhere, and you're not too sure about Softshell.
He could be in his room, or maybe out with the others.
His alchemy set is live and bubbling as it works on some concoction. Either he was working on it recently or it's just always up.
>>
>>25736402
FUCKING
>>
>>25736406
Let's just stay like this forever.

Alright, maybe at least five more minutes.
>>
>>25736406
>wanting to break cuddle sandwich
>>
>>25736406
Maybe just a little longer. Not like there's a big rush on.
>>
>>25736406
Check out where everyone else is.
>>
>>25736406
>Jet, Eve and Blitz are the last up again.

What a bunch of lazy ponies.
>>
>>25736466
>>25736481
>>25736490
>>25736557
Actually, you're comfy where you are now.
You lower your head and snuggle back into the two ponies beside you.
Yeah, you can stay like this for just a little longer.
You'll have to get up eventually, but there's never anything wrong with enjoying the little things in life.
Not to say that cuddling up with your two ponies is a little thing.
It comes to you that you find yourself in this position all too often, actually, where it's just you, Eve, and Jet still lying in bed while the others are up and about.
You blame the ponies beside you.
You're sure Gis, Carver, and Flashbang would sleep in too if they had company to share their warmth with every night.
Speaking of, you feel Eve shiver in her sleep before pressing herself even closer to you.
You try to lift her just enough to squeeze your wing under her, wrapping her up in your feathers.
Sure to not leave Jet out, you do the same for him and he sighs contentedly in his sleep, deeply breathing in your scent.
Yeah. This is nice. Real comfy.
But that comfy is interrupted by the sound of the front door opening.
You tilt your head up and see Gisela standing in the doorway, dripping wet and carrying a small netted bag of fish in one talon and what looks like more turtle parts in the other.
>>
Reminder that Gis and Flash totally cuddled it up the other night.

>>25736719
Well looks like someone had some fun.
>>
>>25736719
Oh good, more soup.
Say hi.
>>
>>25736742
>>25736755
You try to keep your voice low, mindful of the two sleepers.
"Hey there."
>"Oh, hey, you're up. About time."
Gisela steps around the sleeping area and drops the turtle parts onto Softshell's desk right next to the alchemy station.
"I am. So what were you up to? Looks like you had some fun."
She carries the bag of fish over to the pile of everyone's belongings, water dripping onto the floor as she walks.
She ties the sack of fish onto her own bag as she speaks.
>"Yeah, I took a dip in the lake. Softshell asked me to grab some of the submerged parts for him and I took the opportunity to go fishing."
"You went in the lake?"
>"I stayed by the shallows, but yeah. Guess the bigger, actually scary stuff stays towards the middle of the lake where there's more room. And if there are dangerous things that hang out by the shore, I guess I just didn't come across them."
"I would hope you didn't come across any of the actually dangerous stuff. So what are the others up to?"
Once she's satisfied that the bag of fish is secured, she takes a nearby seat, soaking it with her wet cat butt.
>"Softie should still be out there and Carver and Flash are playing with their new toys. Carver still has no idea what hers does. She was complaining about it not doing jack shit yesterday. And Flash is trying to figure out the cannon. It's still hit or miss. Sometimes it fires, sometimes it doesn't, and plenty of times it doesn't fire what Flash says she was trying to make it fire."
"Like what?"
>"Ehh. She was trying to launch cannonballs or that taser thing at the turtle again. All that came out were bubbles and balloon snakes. Anyway, you ready to go? We're all waiting on you and the other sleepyheads."
>>
>>25737127
Eh, guess it's time to get up. Wake the other two with kisses.
>>
>>25737127
I still think the greaves do internal damage, so we'd have to test them on a live target.
>>
>>25737127
What better way to try out Applejack's weapon than by kicking a tree?
>>
>>25737181
Yeah, pretty sure they ignore armor.
>>
>>25737127
Damn, guess we gotta get up then.
Use the nuzzles.
>>
>>25737127
I'd guess the cannon only fires what it wants to and when it has a valid target.

The boots where totally doing something! They were stunning the turtle by making vibrate, or something like that. They were designed for apple bucking.
>>
>>25737194
>>25737194
>>25737338
>>25737170
>>25737266
"Well, what better way to test something than to use it on a tree? That plan seems to have never failed us before."
>"I guess so. Town does have a jungle treeline right there. But yeah, Carve was just using on the turtle shell some more. She wanted to try it out on me, but fuck that."
"I'm pretty sure those greaves do internal damage or something."
>"Yeah, that's what I figured too. I'm pretty sure everyone figured that it does internal damage. Except Carver. Carver's just an idiot who wants her weapon to do something really cool and flashy."
"Speaking of, what do you think about Flashbang's weapon?"
>"Cool but unreliable. You can't fire it when you want, you can't pick what comes out of it."
"I dunno. Maybe it fires what it wants and when there's an actual target."
>"A context sensitive cannon?"
"Sure why not? Isn't comedy all about the timing? And then something something armor-piercing truth or whatever?"
Gisela blinks and shakes her head.
>"You getting up or what?"
"Yeah, yeah."
You turn your head to Eve and nuzzle her neck and cheek, gently rousing her from her sleep.
When she starts stirring and lets out that sort of internal yawn squeak, you go in for the kill.
You press you lips against hers, turning that little squeak into a quiet moan.
You can feel her smile as she pushes back against you.
Finally, you break the kiss and she blinks her eyes open in a state of bliss.
"Morning. Come on, time to get up."
She starts stretching under the covers and you turn to face Jet.
You give him the same treatment, a nuzzle before a kiss to his lips.
His heart beats faster against your chest and you can faintly feel him pressing back into the kiss, but when you break, he remains still and his eyes remain closed.
This close up though, you can see his still pursed lips quiver just so, trying to hide a smile.
>>
>>25737615
Nice try Jet, but you only get one, you lazy pony.
Now lets go show Carver how her boots work.
>>
>>25737615
I was more thinking "honesty comes from within" but whatever.
>>
>>25737615
Well, since Jet's dead, might as well use the halberd on his body, to make sure his ghost doesn't fuck with us
>>
>>25737935
Well, I wouldn't use the halberd, but we'll definitely have to cut him open. After all, with him dead we'll have to be the new team doctor, and doctors perform autopsies. Oh, and all the lolly pops are ours too!
>>
>>25737646
>>25737935
"Welp. Jet's dead. I guess we need to cut him open and do an autopsy on him now."
You watch him carefully.
Nope, no reaction to that.
He's calling that bluff.
Or maybe he'd be okay with you actually doing it. It's actually not something you would put past him.
>"Oh, if he's gone, does that mean we can have as many lollipops as we want?"
Eve winks at you, but she struggles with it, clearly not used to the motion. Still, you smile at the cuteness of the gesture.
"But that would be stealing!" you mock shout at her.
>"It's not stealing if it's from the deceased. Besides, don't you think he would entrust us with his belongings?"
>"Hey, if you're taking his lollipops, toss me a few."
Jet's lips tighten but still he doesn't give.
Wow, even the thought of losing his lollipops isn't gonna do it?
"Alright, Jet, come on. Nice try, really, but you only get one, you lazy pony."
He pouts and opens his eyes.
>"Next time you get hurt, you're only getting one lollipop."
O-oh.
You three untangle yourselves from each other and start stretching.
Once you finish, Gisela gets up off her seat.
>"Let's get going. The others already have their things and Softshell has his huge backpack ready and with him."
Eve and Jet pick up their things and you gather yours.
As soon as you pick up you halberd, the cutie mark starts glowing and it's instantly charged to a healthy weight.
Gisela leads you out the door and you follow.
As you pass by her seat, you can't help but notice the butt-shaped imprint from her wet fur.
She leads you to the lake shore where Carver, Flashbang and Softshell are milling about.
>"Hey, hey, there they are! So, we're going to Canterlot, yeah?"
>>
>>25738500
I think that was the plan.
>>
>>25738500
I honestly don't remember.
>>
>>25738500
I think so. We're looking for a medusa right? for potions?
>>
>>25738500
Let's say it was, yeah.
>>
>>25738500
Griffons get Cutie Marks confirmed.
>>
b
>>
>>25738500
Don't we still have to register the quest complete with Cloudsdale? But then on to Canterlot, sure!
>>
>>25739742
>>
>>25738508
>>25738529
>>25738543
>>25740538
"That was the plan, yes."
>"Excellent, excellent! Let's get going then!"
Softshell crawls under his backpack and stands, wobbling a bit as he gets to his hooves.
Once he steadies himself, he starts walking away from the town.
"Wait, right now?"
He looks back at you.
>"Why? Is there something you wanted to do?"
"What about the quest? Shouldn't we go to Cloudsdale and mark the quest complete?"
>"You already paid all the fees, right?"
"Yeah"
>"Then we can take care of that right now. No need to go to Cloudsdale. Go on, pull out your slip and flame."
You dig through your bag and pull out the items while Softshell does the same.
>"Alright, like the Guildmare should have told you: tear your slip and burn the half with the quest information. I'll burn mine to confirm it's done, and we'll be good to go."
You tear your paper in two and uncork the flame vial. Amazingly, the flame stays where it is. Softshell gestures to you to turn the vial over and when you do so, the flame pours out downward onto the slip of paper.
Once yours burns away in a cloud of green smoke, Softshell uncorks his vial and burns away his slip.
>"There we are. We can start moving and any minute the courier will have us tracked down to deliver your goods."
"Alright then. If everyone's ready, I guess we're good to move on out towards Canterlot."
All around you, the rest of your party nods and you begin your journey.
Really, Canterlot is just about as far away from Neighagra Falls as Cloudsdale. Sure, there's a mountain to scale, but with steady enough progress, you should be in the city sometime tomorrow.
You take the same path leaving the Falls as you did going in, sticking to the shore, and soon enough you break past the thick tree line and start following the river south.
Softshell and Gis are plodding along as normal, but the others seem preoccupied.
Flashbang, Carver, Jet, and Eve are fiddling about with their new weapons.
Curious or antsy, you're not sure.
>>
>>25741298
You guys havin fun back there?
>>
>>25741298
Its training time again!
>>
>>25741264
>>
>>25741298
We should really talk to Carver about those boots.
>>
>>25741298
We should have a training session before we actually reach Canterlot so we can figure out what the newest weapons actually do, I'm hoping we'll have the opportunity as we travel.
>>
>>25743281
>''Just imagine that every time you kick someone in the face, their skull breaks into pieces!''
>''And that your boots harden in response to physical trauma!''
>>
>>25743895
Nanomachines son
>>
>>25742701
>>
>>25745802
>>
>>25741307
>>25741745
>>25743281
>>25743874
"You guys doing okay back there?"
>"Hm?" Eve moves her gaze from the dagger to meet you.
"You seem distracted. The rest of you, too."
>"Sorry. I'm just starting to get cold hooves. I mean, we're finally going back to Canterlot. We're reaching that final stretch. I can't help but get nervous about it all."
"We'll be fine," you reassure her. "We've got the harmony weapons and we've got someone who can make petrification cures. Remember, our first goal is to take on something small and get those cures. We're not going straight to the castle to whatever it is we need to fight to end all this."
>"I know I said I wanted to help, and I do!" Flashbang starts, "but I'm starting to worry too."
>"Me and her both," Carver says. She floats up into the air for a bit to do a little kick. "We didn't learn a whole lot when we were trying them out this morning."
Jet twirls the rapier with his magic.
>"I'm just curious about how we could bring these weapons to their fullest potential."
"What do you mean? They already got upgraded during the turtle fight. You think they can do even more?"
>"Possibly. I wouldn't be surprised. But mostly I was alluding to how we could better use them, take advantage of what they can do."
"We're still a ways away from Canterlot. We could hold a training session."
>"What did you have in mind?"
>>
>>25747053
lel I dunno
>>
>>25747053
Just some sparring at first. I also want to see if the weapons can be combined in any way. Like putting rapier blades in the cannon or something.
>>
>>25747309
Very useful reply
>>
>>25747361
"Uhh... I can't actually think of anything right now."
>"Hmm, hopefully we can come up with something later then."
You all continue marching alongside the river until a thought pops into your head.
"Oh! I've got an idea! I don't think we can spar with each other using the weapons - we don't want to really hurt each other after all - but I was wondering if any of the weapons can be combined."
>"Combined? Like how?" Flashbang asks.
"Well, what if we put some rapier blades into the cannon or something?"
Carver looks at you like you must be stupid.
>"Blitz, you really think that'll work?"
"Hey! We fired the blade from a crossbow, and that cannon shoots anything from balloon snakes to harpoon tasers. It's worth a try."
Jet has a maniacal grin.
>"I'm willing to try. Flashbang?"
>"S-Sure, I guess?"
>"Everyone should stand back to a safe distance, just in case," Eve ushers.
The rest of you back away while Jet snaps a few blades on the ground.
He dumps about five of them into the barrel of the cannon and gestures for Flashbang to do her thing.
With a shaky nod, she points the cannon towards the river.
The cutie marks on both the cannon and the rapier glow steadily, just like your halberd, and with a boom, the cannon fires.
The screech of metal grinding on metal sings through the air as the cannon fires what you would describe as a whirling dervish of blades out into the river.
Like a machine crossbow, dozens of rapier blades shoot out from the cannon.
Finally, the one-cannon hail of rapier arrows ceases its firing, leaving everyone speechless.
>>
>>25747646
Holy shit
>>
>>25747646
S-see, I have good ideas too.
>>
>>25747646
So, we /fuckinginvincible/ now?
>>
>>25747646
So, we should definitely try some other stuff. Gis's sword has an after effect right? What happens if she slashes something and then Carver bucks it as the effect happens?
>>
>>25747646
Yeah, we're totally not prepared for Canterlot, huh?
>>
>>25747671
>>25747683
>>25747737
Gisela is the first to break the stunned silence.
>"Holy shit."
"Yeah." Another beat passes. "See? I have good ideas too!"
>"You have any more good ideas for the rest of us?"
Where before Carver looked at you like you were an idiot, now she's looking at you like foal waiting for a Hearth's Warming present.
Hmm...
Working with the rapier blades and cannon is pretty easy. Use the discarded remains or dump something in the barrel.
But how do you go about combining the other weapons?
"How about Gis slashes at something and you buck its after effect as it's going on?"
You're not sure how safe that is or if it'll even work, but all the same, Carver turns to Gisela as if you told her she had the present.
>"I'm not the one in danger of getting cut up and she's the one who wants it, so sure, she can knock herself out."
Carver excitedly runs up to a particularly thick-looking tree.
>"We'll use this one! Come on, come on! Hit it!"
>"Calm down, you little shit."
Despite her words, you can see that Gisela looks excited to see what would happen, though you can't tell if she wants something cool to happen or if she wants Carver to just get hurt and shut up.
Once by the tree, they give each other a nod to signal that they're ready.
Gisela hacks at the tree once and pushes herself away with a flap of her wings.
You watch as the upgraded effect takes hold and several invisible slashes cut into the bark.
Carver hops into place and bucks the tree where the slashes are taking place.
The kick does as much damage to the bark as you would expect an ordinary kick would, but with a crunch, the bark on the opposite side of the tree breaks into splinters.
The ghost slashes stop cutting away at the bark, but you can still hear the thunk thunk thunk of them hitting something.
Then the sound becomes clear once again as the last of the after-slashes hack away at the bark on the other side of the tree.
>>
>>25747983
Uh, tell Carver to get away from the tree.
>>
File: Whoa.png (44 KB, 623x430) Image search: [Google]
Whoa.png
44 KB, 623x430
>>25747983
>>
>>25747983
It's fucking cutting all the way through it.

Brutal, yet totally awesome.
>>
>>25748043
>>25748048
>>25748063
"Carver, you wanna back away from the tree?"
>"What?"
She turns to look at you, but the crackle of splintering wood catches her attention.
>"Oh. Oh yeah."
With a flap of her wings, she rises off the ground up to a higher part of the tree.
She places her hind legs against the trunk and kicks off, launching herself away from the tree towards the rest of the party.
She comes rushing towards you and pivots when he touches the ground, turning in time to watch the tree fall over in the opposite direction.
The air fills with the sound of breaking wood before it crashes to the ground, its leaves and branches cushioning its own fall.
The tree splits where Gisela and Carver hit it, revealing the damage done within.
It almost looks like a log went through a really bad and messy chop job, then got thrown into some sort of compressor.
No, compressor isn't right. But it does look like part of it got shifted, unaligned with the rest of the wood.
Like kicking into a block of wet sand.
>"Neat," Carver says simply.
>"Yeah..." Gisela breathes.
You hear hoofsteps approach and find Eve looking at you expectantly.
>>
>>25748622
...what the hell does the dagger even do now?
>>
>>25748622
Do the same thing again but with Blitz instead of carver.

Explosions everywhere.
>>
>>25748622
Not really sure about the dagger. What were you doing with it during the fight?
>>
>>25748622

Yeah, what exactly did the dagger do when it was powered up?
>>
>>25748622
The dagger was quite a bit different from normal wasn't it? What exactly does it do now?
>>
>>25748703
Sounds pretty explosive
>>
>>25748703
What is it you actually want to do? I'm not sure Carver can kick an explosion. I doubt she wants to go near the halberd at all really.
>>
>>25748819
no Gis does the ghost thing like before and Blitz uses his halberd with it. Multiple explosions!
>>
>>25748707
All I can think of is it got longer
>>
>>25748696
>>25748705
>>25748707
>>25748727
"Sorry, Eve, but you're gonna have to explain this one to me. I'm not sure what the dagger does now."
>"If you need a test subject, I'll volunteer myself," Jet offers.
>"Wait, Jet, are you sure?"
>"Yeah sure, why not? I'll be fine. Really, Eve, don't worry about me."
>"If you say so... As long as I have your consent."
>"Go for it."
>"Okay. Just stand right there."
Eve flies away about 30 feet and makes sure both you and Jet are watching.
She holds the dagger with her mouth and does a small flick of her head in Jet's direction.
Nothing visible through the air...
You look at Jet. He has a curious look, wondering what happened, and starts searching himself.
On his forehoof, you see a small cut that wasn't there before.
Ranged, painless cuts?
Then you watch as Jet's eyes begin to droop, but he blinks it away rapidly.
"Jet, you okay there?"
>"Yeah, yeah," he says, wiping his eyes. "Just felt a little drowsy for a moment there. I'm good now though."
>>
>>25749140
Thats good and all but I don't see how we can combo it.
>>
File: 1416149835990.png (46 KB, 161x130) Image search: [Google]
1416149835990.png
46 KB, 161x130
>>25749140
>>
>>25749140
Still voting on doing >>25748885
>>
>>25749140
Wow that's brutal. Try holding the halberd up and having her attack its head at range.
>>
>>25749140
Maybe we could do a knockout punch with the knife+greaves?
>>
>>25749140
We've seen that the halberd can be comboed, maybe she can hit the halberd, and we can do a sleep grenade blast?
>>
>>25749140
OK, so, the dagger's now like a sleeping-dart blowgun. Ranged, small painess injury, sleep. Perfect for disabling guards at gates and such.

I'd be curious if repeated attacks with it have a stronger sleeping effect? And more experiments with combos should be tried too.
>>
>>25749182
I agree with this idea
>>
>>25749140
we Winds Of Destruction now?
>>
>>25749182
>>25749228
>>25749403
First things first, you point out the cut on Jet's leg and he uses his personal knife to pave it away.
"Thanks, buddy, but you can sit out now. Eve!" you call out to her. "Stay where you are. Let's run some more tests."
She nods and you make some space between yourself and the others.
"Alright Eve, let's see what happens if you hit the head of the halberd from where you're at."
You duck low to the ground but hold your halberd erect, waiting for Eve to strike it.
Eve looks at you and you nod back to her, giving her the okay.
She eyes the tip of your halberd before flicking her head.
You hear the clash of metal on metal, and then magic erupts from your weapon explosively, as if it hit a solid object.
And just like when used normally, you're caught in the blast radius but the magical explosion does nothing to you.
The magic dissipates and you're left there unharmed, the grass around you burning lightly from the blast.
Hmm...
It doesn't seem like anything special happened. You didn't have to strike your weapon against anything, but that seems to have been it.
You didn't feel sleepy when the explosion caught you, but you never feel anything from it anyway.
You also doubt anyone would be willing to volunteer getting caught in the blast to see if there are any additional effects.
>"Well that seemed like a whole load of nothing," Gisela comments.
>"Sorry," Eve says, walking back to you with a disappointed expression.
>>
>>25749811

I guess Eve can trigger our halberd at range at no harm to us in an emergency...
>>
>>25749811
I want to know what happens if she touches the actual blade to the halberd when she's trying to strike something at a distance, but only if it's safe. Can we control the halberd going off?
>>
>>25749811
What happens if we load a whole weapon into a weapon, like dagger into cannon?

What happens if we load the cannon with a handful of rocks?

Can the halbred be propelled via a gauntlet-kick? Canon-shot? Would it become a distance mortar?

One of the weapons is a bow, isnt it? I think we determined it won't chamber a generosity's rapier blade but can it chamber the dagger? How about a bow-shot during the repeating strike of the sword?
>>
>>25749899
>One of the weapons is a bow, isnt it?

Magic's Halberd
Loyalty's Rapier
Kindness' Dagger
Generosity's Longsword
Magic's Cannon
Honesty's Greaves
>>
>>25749811
Wait, have her try striking it multiple times in a row.
>>
>>25749906
Laughter's Cannon*

My bad
>>
File: tfw no spear.png (437 KB, 600x719) Image search: [Google]
tfw no spear.png
437 KB, 600x719
>>25749917
>still pining for that cannon
>>
>>25749811
Hit Gisela's sword effect with Blitz's Halberd.
>>
File: 1433295500735.jpg (103 KB, 486x810) Image search: [Google]
1433295500735.jpg
103 KB, 486x810
>>25749811
Wait a fucking second

At one moment, Jet enchanted our halberd and, instead of a normal explosion, a fucking ice blast came out of it

WHAT IF, HE ENCHANTS ALL OF OUR WEAPONS!? AND WE TEST IT ON SOMETHING ALL AT ONCE!?
>>
>>25749811
Maybe we can try hitting the ground between Eve and a target, then she attacks though the explosion.
>>
>>25749910
>>25750348
>>25750053
>>25749899
>>25750053
You rest a hoof on her shoulder.
"Hey, don't worry about it. It just means we get to run more tests."
You grin at her and her expression shifts into one of appreciation.
"It's still too dangerous for you to hit my halberd directly - we don't want anyone caught in the blast - but we can still try out other stuff. Come on, let's make some space and try again."
Eve moves away and you call out.
"Alright, let's see what happens if you hit it a bunch of times in a row."
Eve whips her head and you hear the strike against your halberd.
The explosion goes off normally just like last time.
Then before it dissipates, it discharges again, and again as Eve hits it multiple times.
Eve stops and the third explosion runs its course.
Nothing special seemed to have happened. Even the area of burnt grass doesn't seem to be any larger or anything.
"Hey Eve, I'm gonna set it off, and you try to hit the tree through the explosion, okay?"
>"I'll try."
You slam the blade against the ground, setting off another explosion.
When it dissipates, you check the tree on the other side.
It has a cut from the ranged slash, but that's about it.
That's disappointing, and Eve is starting to look downtrodden again.
Jet calls out.
>"It's a weapon where the victim doesn't realize what happened. If we can't tell what it did, I'd call it a success. We'll just have to wait for something that isn't one of us if we want to see what it really does."
Eve smiles at him.
Thanks, Jet.
>"So how about some more playing around?" Carver asks. "What happens if we load the cannon with the dagger?"
>"I don't know, but I'm not willing to find out," Eve answers.
"What about loading it with rocks?"
>"We tried that this morning. It fired a pie at the turtle."
>"Hold on!" Carver stops everyone. "I wanna try kicking the halberd."

[cont]
>>
>>25751105
Everyone looks at her.
"Y-You sure about that?"
>"These ones aren't as big as the one that got me ages ago. I'll be fiiiine. Now come on, let's set up by that tree."
If she says so...
You get by a tree and duck low, holding up the halberd for her.
Carver starts several paces away and flies in to pick up speed for her escape.
As she passes, she kicks the blade of the halberd and hurriedly flies away out of the potential blast radius.
But instead of an all-encompassing blast, a more controlled, directed blast shoots toward the tree.
And when the blast dissipates, you're shocked to find the tree intact.
No burn marks, no blasted away bits of bark, nothing.
But still you hear the crackling of burning wood.
Thoughtlessly, you walk around to the other side of the tree.
And see that a huge chunk of trunk has been either burned or blasted away, and looking into the wound of the tree, you find more charred wood.
"Oh..."
>"Oh is right."
You jump at the sound of Gisela's voice, and it seems the others have come to check out the damage.
>"Hey, Blitz."
You look up at her and with one look in her eyes, you know what she wants to try.
You usher everyone but Gis out of the way as you prepare another test.
Once you're both ready, you nod to each other.
Gisela flies up and drags her sword along the length of the tree before escaping.
Chips of wood and bark fly as her extra hits mar the tree.
You bring your halberd closer and let it get hit by the oncoming slashes.
One of them connects, and like a traveling cluster bomb, a series of smaller explosions climbs the tree, effectively replacing the magic slashes with magic explosions.
Chunks of burning tree fly through the air as it's blown to bits.
There's no danger of it right now, but part of you worries that you might start a forest fire with all these experiments.
>>
>>25751109
Maybe hold off on the explosions. We can practice some more later.
>>
>>25751109
Perhaps that should mark the end of our experiments, unless anyone's come up with any more ideas. Make camp?
>>
>>25751419
It's not that late. We should keep going.
>>
beb
>>
>>25751109
only other combos I can think of are maybe smacking the back of the canon with the halberd or Carver using the boots on the canon.
>>
bum
>>
>>25751109
Ask if anyone else has any ideas.
>>
4chan eats my formatting, so here's a doc with current Harmony weapon combos.
http://pastebin.com/6qrkWzfZ
>>
>>25752195
>>
Oh no. not page 10
>>
>>25756388
Oh no
>>
>>25751191
>>25751419
>>25751454
"We... I think we should call it on the experiments for now."
>"Yeah, that's probably a good idea," Gisela says beside you, looking at the burning refuse.
>"Laaame! I wanted to try out more stuff!" Carver exclaims.
>"While it's good to learn as much as we can about these weapons, I don't want to ruin the rest of the forest in the process," Eve says.
>"It would likely be just a few more trees, it's not that big of a deal," Jet says. "I'm sure we can learn a few more things even if explosions are out of the equation."
>"I think we should stop, too."
You look up at the midday sky.
"It's still really early. We can keep going. We can build camp and maybe do more practice later. I don't expect to reach Canterlot tonight, but even if we do, it's not a place I want to explore at night."
The others nod, Jet and Eve more hesitantly so.
Jet has a criminal background and is probably used to night dealings.
It probably doesn't sit well with Eve that she can't do what Night Guards do.
Nonetheless, you all continue marching.

~

A few more hours pass.
You're still following the river but you've since left the lake shore and the forest wall, now traveling on open plains once again.
Very soon you should reach the railroad leading to and up Canterlot Mountain.
In the distance to the south you can make out the ridges of Foal Mountain.
But to the west, you see an approaching speck in the air.
It's hard to make out details, but it does look vaguely pony-shaped.
There's only the one, but it appears to be heading straight towards you.
The hills block your view of any land-based creatures potentially coming from that direction.
>>
>>25758196
It's probably the courier.
>>
>>25758261
this
>>
>>25758196
MONEY
>>
>>25758196
DOSH!
>>
File: 1402409628608.gif (3 MB, 257x210) Image search: [Google]
1402409628608.gif
3 MB, 257x210
>>25758196
WONGA
>>
>>25758310
>>25758345
>>25758413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc
>>
>>25758261
>>25758307
>>25758310
>>25758345
No need to worry. Actually, you should be getting excited!
You're willing to bet that's the courier with your loads of money.
Betting that you're going to use your newly acquired money on!
The party continues marching as you wait for the figure to come to you.
You reach the railroads on the east side of the river by the time the flying figure is near enough to see more clearly.
It's a pegasus alright, and it's carrying some hefty saddlebags.
You halt the party and hail the pegasus, waiting for it to come touching down in front of you, panting lightly.
>"Cloudsdale Guild Courier here to deliver your reward!"
The voice is that of a quite young stallion, possibly just around Carver or Flashbang's age.
He wears a bomber jacket over his cloudy gray coat, aviator goggles over his lightning yellow eyes, and an aviator hat hides most of his matching blonde mane.
>"Hey, hey! Check it out! Go on, collect your reward!"
>"Blitz Wind and company?" the stallion asks.
You nod.
"That's me. And us."
He digs around in his bags and hands you a heavy pouch.
>"275 bits! Congratulations on the successful quest!" He turns to leave, but before he does, he stops himself. "Hey, I couldn't help but notice it looks like you're heading to Canterlot too."
"Wait, 'too'?"
>"Yeah, for some reason the Guild got a bunch of adventurers wanting to go out there. I'm not sure what's there that's got everyone so excited, but whatever it is, you might have some competition."
>>
>>25758824
Thanks for the info friend.
>>
>>25758824
Interesting. They're not getting our book.
>>
>>25758824
Someone probably grabbed the Canterlot quest.
>>
>>25758876
>>25758887
>>25758890
>"The only Canterlot quest I know of is to get a copy of Equestrian Psycho that's rumored to be there. Ponies are taking that?" Gisela asks.
"They're not getting that book before me," you utter.
The courier shakes his head.
>"No, not that quest. A new one just mysteriously popped up. No client, no listed reward even. Just go to Canterlot. And for whatever reason, ponies are taking it. The guild's not taking it down either. Something about it just... feels right to a lot of ponies, I guess."
>"When did the quest pop up? It wasn't there when we were at the Guildhall a few days ago," Eve asks.
>"Sometime between yesterday and today. If Canterlot is where you're actually heading, you're in luck. I think you're ahead of the curve in when you'll get there."
"Huh... Well, thanks for the info, buddy. And the delivery."
>"No problem! Only doing my job! And good luck on whatever's going down in Canterlot!'
"Yeah, thanks."
He readjusts his goggles and spreads his wings, taking off back in the direction of Cloudsdale.
>"That was odd," Jet muses.
>"What do you think it is?" Eve asks.
Gisela shrugs.
>"No idea."
>"Maybe it has to do with fighting the medusa?" Carver suggests.
>"Come on, there's no way the guild would just suddenly allow that, much less everyone taking it."
Hmm.
"In any case, we got our reward money. We should keep going."
There's a round of consent and you all start moving again.
Reminiscent of the bridge you crossed to Las Pegas, this time you're crossing it to Canterlot.
More hours pass and you follow the tracks to the base of Canterlot Mountain.
The sun approaches late afternoon as you look up to the final stretch before you reach Canterlot proper.
The lonely tracks climb the desolate mountain ridges.
At the end of it is the ghost capital of Canterlot.
>"I doubt there's a point on the tracks we can really rest. We can call it a day here and make the rest of the trip in the morning, or we can start climbing and rest at the top."
>>
>>25759405
Let's rest near the top. I want to be as far ahead of this group as possible.
>>
>>25759405
How long's the climb? I'd rather not be traveling in the dark.
>>
>>25759405
So the Quest was handed out around the time we fully activated the weapons.

Could be trap.
>>
File: admiralackbar1_2_845df144.jpg (60 KB, 480x240) Image search: [Google]
admiralackbar1_2_845df144.jpg
60 KB, 480x240
>>25759405
>literally nothing other than "go here"
>this quest just mysteriously appeared
>something with the ability to do literally anything on a whim was there last time we saw
>>
>>25759405
With how we have practically tripped over every harmony weapon and now this quest coming out right after we got them all.

Someone is playing us big time.
>>
>Inb4 we find out Discord has been helping us the entire time
>>
>>25759578
>Inb4 the medusa has been helping us the entire time
>>
File: 1420118386548.gif (4 MB, 499x366) Image search: [Google]
1420118386548.gif
4 MB, 499x366
>>25759596
>the mane 6 were actually the bad ones
>>
>>25759422
>>25759452
>>25759472
>>25759482
>>25759542
"We'll rest near the top. It should be dark by the time we get there, but we should be good to travel until then. I also want to be as far ahead of this other group as possible."
>"Why do you say that?" Eve asks.
"It's fishy! This quest mysteriously appears with no information other than 'go here', and right after we fully activating the weapons no less. Something's going on. I think this is some sort of huge trap."
>"When you say it that way, I can see that a little bit, but... I don't think that's the case here."
"Really?"
>"It's just... it doesn't sound bad to me."
>"I'm with Eve on this one actually," Jet admits. "It doesn't feel malicious to me. I can't help but feel like it's a good thing."
>"The only negative vibes I'm getting are from Canterlot, but that's probably some PTSD stuff coming at my nerves," Gisela says.
"You guys seriously don't think this is suspicious?"
>"It's suspicious, sure," Carver says, "but not bad suspicious."
>"I'm... I'm actually feeling excited," Flashbang says. "I'm nervous about what we'll have to fight, but I have this feeling like... I don't know. I just have a good feeling about that news."
Each and every one of them is saying that it's actually something good?
Maybe something, someone is playing everyone for a fool, controlling them, but maybe they're right.
They're all saying they've got a good feeling about what's to come, and even the courier said both the adventurers and the guild said that quest just felt right.
You're not quite sure what to think. Hopefully your friends are right though.
You begin climbing up the old, forgotten tracks winding up Canterlot Mountain.
Every step you near, you feel positive energies fighting against the oppressive ones.
But still you march on.
The sun is low on the horizon by the time you approach Canterlot Train Station.
Compared the liveliness you saw decades ago, everything just seems dead and still.
>>
File: Face of displeasure.jpg (26 KB, 317x310) Image search: [Google]
Face of displeasure.jpg
26 KB, 317x310
>>25760055
Fuck this
>>
>>25760055
Guess we set up camp and watches.
>>
>>25760055
>right after we fully activating the weapons
This was my first thought.

Almost think the Elements put it up there when we activated them.
>>
>>25760055
I can't wait for the massive stoner party that the Medusa invited everyone to.
>>
>>25760055
You guys realize it's kinda suspicious that you and a bunch of others in Cloudsdale all feel like going to Canterlot is a good idea?
>>
>>25760055
Train station seems about right.
This shit is going full railroad.
>>
>>25760055
how the fuck do you counter Magic bait.
>>
>>25760142
>>25760125
>>25760319
>>25760339
You all walk the rest of the way to the station proper.
There are no ponies, creatures, or statues.
Just crumbled bits of rock scattered about.
Even the clock on the station wall is broken as if it itself is frozen in time.
The station windows are smashed in and the entire building looks as abandoned as can be.
You feel tense, but still you issue your commands.
"Everyone, set up camp here. We're setting up watches too. And this time, we take every warning seriously," you say with an edge.
>"Hey, I learned my lesson the first time," Carver says, a bit more subdued. "You don't have to tell me twice. We're not even in the city and I'm already on edge."
Flashbang sets up her sleeping arrangement stiffly and shakily and you're reminded that this is probably the first time in those two's lives that they've been to Canterlot.
You wish it was under better conditions.
All they've heard their entire lives were the stories, good or bad.
A fire is started and you all huddle around it.
Here, the fire and each other are the only live things you know.
"I don't like this. I'm still convinced everything is a trap," you start.
>"Listen, Blitz," Jet says, "I know things aren't looking great right now, but things will get better."
"You realize it's suspicious that you guys and a whole bunch of others from Cloudsdale all feel like going to Canterlot is a good idea, right?"
>"Blitz, please," Eve begs. "I know it doesn't sound right. I KNOW, but... you told me that when everything is wrong in the world, you have to jump at anything that isn't. That's what I'm doing now. That's what I hope-- what I think this is."
>>
>>25760387
The same way you counter attack bait on 4chan: Ignore
>>
>>25760683
Literally how is any of this considered "good"
>>
>>25760319
thank you. This made me chuckle
>>
>>25760683
We can trust our friends, but there's still sense in being extra careful in the location we know the medusa should be around.
>>
>>25760683
I trust you guys, but I don't trust whatever is causing this.
>>
>>25760683
[X] Doubt

Dont like the way this sounds
>>
Wow, we're a paranoid pone.
>>
>>25760683
"Now, the first thing we're going to need is a lesser petrifying creature, if we're to make some de-petrifiation potions. In the morning, we'll need to recon the area. I hear that reflective surfaces block you from being turned to stone, so we'll need mirrors. Then our fliers will need to set out and have a look around."
>>
This feels more like 'plot device' everyone is happy than 'its a trap'. If it was a compulsion we wouldn't be immune.
>>
>>25760711
>>25760871
>>25760845
>>25760855
>>25761572
"What's good about this? I'm sorry, but I just... don't like the way everything sounds right now."
Eve presses herself against your side.
>"I'm sorry too. I know what we're saying isn't what you want to hear, but please, just trust us."
You press back against her, letting soaking in her warmth while the fire crackles in front of you.
The others sit around it watching you, though Gisela breaks guard duty to glance at you as well.
"I do trust you. All of you. I just don't trust whatever's causing this. Causing you guys to feel that way, causing Cloudsdale to just start making their way to what's basically a quarantined city. Even if you guys have a good feeling about what's going on, we should still be on extra guard. We are in Canterlot after all."
>"No one's saying that nothing bad is going to happen," Jet says. "I don't like being in this Canterlot and I fully expect to run into troubles."
>"We're all on guard, but we're on guard for whatever's in this city," Gisela says.
Carver nods.
>"I don't trust anything we happen to find in there. What I do trust, for whatever reason, is that quest that happened to pop up."
>"Yeah," Flashbang says, "same here. I really think it's on our side. And I feel like there's more coming to help."
Eve shifts beside you.
>"I understand that you're worried. And as much as it pains me to say it, Canterlot is not a pleasant place right now. But trusting us also means trusting that we're not under the control of something that wants to hurt us. Let's just go to bed, okay? Gisela's taking the first watch and I'll take the second until morning. We'll be sure to wake everyone in case anything at all happens."
>>
>>25761877
I hope you're right.
>>
>>25761877
O-okay
>>
>>25761877
Best to trust our group in this case. Hug our chosen pones tight, and get some sleep.
>>
>>25762461
and sleep well
>>
alcohol
>>
>>25761877
We should read our cheesy romance novel for a bit before going to sleep.
>>
>>25764442
>>
birb
>>
>>25764451
How long has it been since we last read that book?
We should read it or chuck it.
>>
cheesy smut bump
>>
eugenics
>>
>>25768880
butts
>>
File: COME ON.jpg (65 KB, 950x502) Image search: [Google]
COME ON.jpg
65 KB, 950x502
>We fight the medusa
>Her skin becomes stone almost instantly in response to any type of damage
>>
>>25761905
>>25761931
>>25762461
>>25764451
>>25766897
"Okay... I hope you're right."
>"Me too."
Eve gives you a peck on the cheek before settling into her bedroll.
Around you, Carver and Flashbang settle in themselves while Jet scooches closer. Gisela takes up her guard position.
>"We'll be safe. I'll make sure of it. I'll pick anyone up if they need it."
"I know you will, Jet. Get some sleep."
He kisses your lips before settling into his bedroll on your other side.
You lay down in between them, and close your eyes.
You toss and turn, searching for that comfortable position, but try as you might, your paranoia isn't letting you sleep.
Eventually, you sit up.
>"You okay there, Blitz? What's up?" Gisela asks.
"Trouble sleeping. Don't worry about it."
Gisela shrugs and continues her watch.
You shuffle over to your bag and dig through it, searching in its deepest and more hidden spaces until you find what you're looking for.
>Fly Free With Me
It's been a while since you looked through it.
Settling back into your bedroll you open up the book and you're suddenly reminded that you never got past the prologue.
What kind of horrible pony would you be if you skipped ahead?
You plan on reading the entire thing and getting to those smutty bits the legitimate way.
You'll hide the book away once you're feeling sleepy.
>Chapter 1

~

>"Blitz, get up. Carver, Jet, you too."
A hoof shakes your shoulder and wakes you from your sleep.
"Wha- What's going on? Are we under attack?"
You open your eyes to see Eve waking the others.
>"No, but the sun is coming up and I don't want us asleep any longer than we should be."
Gisela yawns.
>"So what's the plan? Where do we start?"
>>
>>25770506
You guys said something felt right about coming to Canterlot, is there anywhere that's feeling right to you?

Maybe the castle again?
>>
Did Gis watch all night? silly bird.
>>
>>25770506
you are such a tease Hero
>>
>>25770537
>You open your eyes to see Eve waking the others.
Assuming she took her shift
>>
>>25770506
Always start with places of importance
Like libraries, government buildings, squares etc.
>>
>>25770506
We should do a fly over. See if we can spot any activity.
>>
>>25770506
Scout out Canterlot.
>>
>>25770526
>>25770548
>>25770559
>>25770576
"You guys said something felt right about coming to Canterlot. Any place in particular feel especially right to you? The castle, maybe?"
>"No," Gisela says firmly. "Definitely not the castle. Not now. Something about it just screams final area, and I'm not ready to face whatever's in there yet."
>"Also, I didn't say anything about going to Canterlot feeling right," Eve says. "It was more, don't feel bad about that quest or the adventurers making their way here."
Jet nods.
>"Same here. Nowhere in Canterlot is giving me a 'go here' feeling. We're here because we have to be. The others, I don't know but I trust them."
>"So where do we start?" Flashbang asks.
"I could do a fly over, just scout around until I spot any activity."
>"Blitz, you can't be serious," Jet says.
>"Canterlot is huge! You can't just fly around and expect to find something," Eve confirms.
"O-okay then. Then we'll start at the nearest square and check government buildings. Maybe a library."
And you're not just saying that because it might have your book.
>"You guys are going to have to lead the way then," Carver says.
"What happened to your tough mare act?" you tease.
She glares at you.
>"First of all, it's not an act. Second of all..." Carver trails off.
>"We don't know anything about Canterlot," Flashbang continues for her. "All we know is that it's a city of statues that were ponies once."
"And we're going to free them. Let's go."
Eve and Jet lead the way down the first major street.
All around, you see frozen statues of ponies and other species celebrating Harmony Week without a care.
Eve stops in front of a large, two-story building.
>"This is the Southern District's library, the main one in this part of Canterlot."
Peeking through the aged window, you can see that the inside is largely intact, save for the piles of thick dust coating the floor.
The building is large enough that you can only see the entrance lobby area.
>>
>>25770998
Man Blitz's plans get shot down all the time.
>>
>>25771042
I agree. I know they're shit, but I can't think of the last time the party actually agreed with our plans.
>>
>>25770998
Man how the hell are we gonna find anything without a librarian?
>>
>>25771042
Yeah I don't see how having a quick look at Canterlot means we are going around the entire city.
>>
>>25771042
>"Well, what do you think?"
"Why don't we do..."
>"Blitz no!"
>>
>>25770998
>Aerial recon of the immediate area is a bad idea
>>
>>25771076
Well yeah, it wasn't what I was suggesting. I just meant look around the area.
>>
>>25771077
I honestly think our team thinks we are retarded and only asks us out of politeness.
>>
>>25771113
>"Blitz dear, I know you want to be helpful, but just leave the thinking to us."
"B-but..."
>>
>>25770998
I guess look at some books?
Aren't we looking for a lesser medusa?
>>
>>25770998
>using out cutiemark ability is a dumb Idea when we are searching for something.

What?
>>
>>25771042
>>25771076
>>25771096
>>25771099
>>25771250
Standing outside the desolate-looking library, you can't help but grumble.
After that time in the fields, walking through the tall grass, you're trying to get better.
You're trying to prove that you're not a silly pony.
>"You know, when I said 'scout around' I meant just do some aerial recon of the immediate area, not look around the entire city."
>"O-oh. Sorry." Eve blushes.
>"Y-yeah." Jet looks away. "Listen, if you still want to do that, you can."
>"You want anyone to come with you, or are you good on your own?" Gisela asks.
>"And what about us?" Flashbang asks.
>"Yeah, do you whoever isn't with you to just sit around until you get back or do you want us to do something?"
>"The library's right here. I'm not sure what sort of things to be on the lookout for."
You glance back inside.
It's possible your book is in there. They might be able to find other information in there too.
Then again, who knows if there's anything in there.
There's was that explosive spider in one of the firework storehouses. It wouldn't be too surprising to find something else in there.
You look back at the ground of the library.
Twenty years of stillness. Even then, that's an absurd amount of dust build up.
>"Well? What do you want to do?"
>>
>>25771323
That's kind of what scouting is though.

Have someone go on ahead, gather what information we can, then report back.
>>
>>25771323
Eve should come
A buddy system so we aren't jumped by something that can fly
>>
>>25771323
We already know the book is real and have it in our party, We don't really need to look for another one.

I don't really see what we could get from the library that we don't already know besides maybe some more info on the medusa.
>>
>>25771323
Maybe Blitz, Gis and Eve do a quick scout while the rest wait there.
They shouldn't be gone long.
>>
>>25771323
Beats blindly stumbling into dark buildings.
>>
>>25771323
DESOLATION
DEVASTATION

WHAT A MESS WE MADE!
WHEN DID ALL WENT WRONG?
>>
>>25771397
>>25771412
>>25771470
>>25771498
"I want Eve and Gis to come with me to look around real quick. I'm not going out alone just in case I come across something hostile while out, and I want a buddy system in place. No one goes anywhere alone."
Eve and Gis nod to each other and the other three nod to themselves.
"What about us?" Jet asks.
"Just stay out here and keep your guard up."
>"You don't want us to check the library out?"
"I doubt there's anything in there that would be worth bumbling around in the dark for. Just wait for us to get back, we shouldn't be gone long."
>"Alright, alright."
"Eve, Gis, you two ready?"
>"Yeah, let's take that look around."
>"Remember to watch out for each other too," Eve tells her. "We don't want something ambushing us."
"You guys be careful too," you tell the three staying behind.
With that, you, Eve, and Gisela take to the sky, well above the serrated skyline of buildings and rooftops.
In the distance, on the complete other side of the city stands Canterlot Castle, just as you remember it during your first trip there.
But that's for later. For now, you check out the neighboring areas.
So far, everything is as desolate and frozen as you remember.
Littering the streets, you spot statues of ponies, batponies, diamond dogs, griffons, undisguised changelings here and there, a few minotaurs.
Really, it reminds you of what you saw when you were here for Harmony week.
Except everything has turned to stone. Passing by more streets and alleys, you even spot some broken statues, toppled over and scattered across the ground.
You're actually nearing that district where you started your journey. And somewhere in there is where that tavern is where you woke up.
But that's a bit far for a brief scouting mission.
With all this nothing, you're about to turn around and call it when a bit of movement catches your eye.
Focusing on the ground in that area, it's all still, but you could have sworn you saw something run inside a souvenir shop.
>>
File: 142489312594.jpg (66 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
142489312594.jpg
66 KB, 540x540
>>25772039
Umm...
>>
>>25772039
Check in with the others
>>
>>25772039
cal it out to the others
>>
>>25772101
>>25772196
You stop where you are and motion to the others.
>"What's up?"
"I saw something go in there."
You point to the souvenir shop.
It's nestled between a bakery and jewelry store. There are no alleys between any of the buildings.
Also somewhat odd is that you don't see any statues at all outside nearby.
Further down the block and on adjacent streets, statues litter the city, but in this small area, the road is devoid of any rubble.
>"What did you see?" Eve asks.
"I don't know. I didn't get a good look at it. But I thought I saw something move in there from the corner of my eye."
>"A rat maybe? We know spiders managed to survive, even if they got some upgrades over the years."
"No. Or at least, I doubt it. It seemed too big to be a rat. It was around pony-sized."
>"I believe you. After the zombies and especially now in Canterlot, just assuming it was nothing could cost our lives."
Gisela feels the grip of her crossbow.
>"What do you want to do? Go down there and check it out? Grab the others and come back here?"
>"What if it leaves by then? Blitz said it ran in there. That sounds like it was taking cover or hiding."
They both look at you.
>>
>>25772504
Take a closer at the store.
Have everyone keep their guard up.
>>
>>25772504
Head back to the library, inform the rest of the party that you've spotted movement a ways off. LOCATE REFLECTIVE MIRRORED SURFACES to use against medusoid monsters. Then set out to the souvenir shop.
>>
We're gonna get fucked bump
>>
>>25772504
We are still pretty close to our group right?
Have Eve and Gis go back to the team and get them over to the shop while we keep an eye on it from high above.
>>
>>25774531
good luck
>>
hndat
>>
B
>>
>>25777722
>>
>>25772504
Gather the rest, lets head towards that strangely empty section.
>>
>>25773031
>>25773236
>>25774574
>>25779540
"You two go back and get the others. See if you can find mirrors or anything reflective on the way."
>"What about you?"
"I'll stay here and make sure whatever's in there doesn't go anywhere. Don't worry, I don't plan on starting a fight," you add. "I'll just stay high in the air and watch for if it leaves."
>"Alright, gotcha. Come on, let's go."
Gisela leads the charge back and Eve offers you one more look before chasing after her.
Once they've gone, you return your attention to the shop.
You make sure to stay up high, well out of reach of anything that might come at you.
With your keen vision, you can still easily spot if anything exits the building.
As far as you can tell, the only entrance is the shop's front.
Several minutes pass. Eve and Gisela should be meeting with them about now.
There's no movement around the shop until eventually, you do see something creep out from the edge of a window.
You can't make out details this far away, but it did look like a pony's head taking a peek.
Whatever it is, it's trying to stay as hidden as possible.
It's only there for a moment before ducking away back inside.
There's no further movement until you see Gisela approaching from down the block, flying above the rooftops while Eve and the others travel on hoof just below her.
The sun glints in your eyes as it reflects off three buckler-sized mirrors they're carrying.
You motion for them to stop before getting too close to the shop.
Gisela flies in beside you while the others wait below.
>"What's up?"
"There's definitely something in there. I didn't get a very good look at it, but I saw a pony's head peeking out the window for just a moment. It's still in there."
>"So how do you want to approach it?"
>>
>>25780319
SURROUND THEM WITH MIRRORS
THEY WON'T EVEN SEE WHAT'S OUT HERE PAST THEM
>>
>>25780319
I kinda doubt it's a medusa if it's acting like that. We should knock on the door.
>>
>>25780522
Maybe she's a scared medusa.
Maybe she's tsundere.
>>
>>25780319
I'll say we approach and try to talk to them as if they are indeed a pony first. One of the others can watch the window, and the rest can monitor if anything else might come along or keep an eye on us as we approach the door and try calling out to them. They seem to be hiding from something, so try not to be too noisy.
>>
>>25780546
Another one for __Eve's harem.
>>
>>25780560
this
>>
>>25780522
>>25780560
>>25780754
"If it is a pony, I want to treat it like one. I'll just knock on the door and see if I can get its attention. The rest of you keep an eye on me, the window, or the streets just in case."
Gisela nods.
>"We'll be right behind you."
She flies down to the others and relays the information while you also drop to street level.
As you pass by the neighboring jewelry store, you notice that it's been stripped clean.
Whether robbed by ponies sometime on that fateful day or by anyone fool enough to come to Canterlot after the fact, you don't know.
You approach the souvenir shop and take a passing glance through the windows.
You can't find the figure at first glance, but what you do see sends a chill down your spine.
Inside, you see several statues, definitely more than you'd expect to be naturally caught frozen in there.
They're all arranged like mannequins, and if it wasn't so disturbing, you'd almost call it a well-crafted scene.
What would normally just be a passing traveler instead looks like it's locked in battle with another.
Several of them are placed in circles or paths to outline certain aspects of the shop.
Some are even used to cleverly hide back areas and rooms.
You'd be willing to hazard a guess that the statues that would normally be outside were moved in here and artificially arranged.
Nonetheless, you walk up to the door and give it a knock, careful not to be too noisy lest you attract unwanted attention.
"Hello? Anypony in there?"
There's no answer.
>>
>>25780822
Look, we know you're in there. We just want to talk.
>>
>>25780822
We don't want to hurt you.
>>
>>25780822
Alright, so whoever's in here has been really bored all this time/insane. We're probably still going to need to get any info they might have though.
With all the time they must have had, the place could be trapped or something, so I'd rather not try to enter just yet.
>>25780850
>>
>>25780822
Compliment the shop and statue arrangement.
Seriously, people love someone who can appreciate their work.
>>
>>25780850
>>25780877
>>25780878
>>25780964
You try again.
"Listen, we know you're in there. We don't want to hurt you."
>"..."
"Hello? We just want to talk."
>"..."
Still nothing?
You look back at your party.
Eve, Carver, and Flashbang each hold up a mirror in front of them defensively.
Jet and Gisela have their weapons at their sides, ready to spring to action just in case.
Hmm...
You turn back to the door.
"Uhh, nice place you have here. It's a really pretty shop, and I think what you did with the statues is really creative. The way you arranged them really brings out the beauty of the entire place."
After a moment, you see movement behind a small wall of statues.
The figure is pony-like in size and shape, but it has its back to you and is completely covered up by a cloak, hood pulled over its head.
Its voice is somewhat gravelly but feminine.
>"Really? You actually like it?"
There's a hint of genuine curiosity in her question, but also what sounds like a testing tone.
>>
>>25781122
Yeah, it's a vary creative use of the statues here.
Quite artistic, really.
>>
>>25781122
Yes. I think it looks better than just having them scattered everywhere.
>>
>>25781122
Of course. It's a nice contrast to everywhere else, really.
>>
>>25781122
Looks like a cool Battle is going on with them.
>>
>>25781150
>>25781161
>>25781176
>>25781204
"I do. At the very least, what you have going on here is better than just having them scattered everywhere outside."
The figure nods. You keep talking.
"It's a very nice contrast to the rest of the city, that's for sure. I find it very artistic. It's a very creative use of the statues here. I especially like those ones that look engaged in combat. They have a very lively look to them, which I think takes a lot of skill to make work."
She hums to herself before speaking.
>"The door is unlocked. You may come inside if you like. Make yourself at home. Get comfortable."
"What about my friends?"
It takes her a moment to respond.
>"They can come in if they have the same amount of taste, respect, and appreciation for beauty as yourself. I ask that none of you sully my space."
She moves behind her wall and takes a seat upon a macabre throne made up of petrified bodies.
She's facing you now, awaiting your entrance, but still you can't make out any features.
She's careful not to let any part of her body show past her cloak, and her face is doubly covered up by both a theater mask and a veil.
You look through the windows and the transparent door for any possible traps laid about, but you spot none.
There are no tripwires or suspicious clutter that could hide a trap.
The place is very clean and well-kept.
>"If you would like to speak, please come in. It is very rude to hold a conversation when one party is outside."
>>
>>25781524
Yay, new friend!
Head on in!
>>
>>25781524
Ey, if any of you guys like art you're free to come in.
>>
>>25781524
Sure, go inside.
>>
>>25781524
Have Jet, Eve or Gisela join us.
I don't trust Carver or Flashbang not to do something stupid and Softshell is needed in case we get petrified.
Make sure to quietly tell them not to freak out and hide the mirrors for now.
>>
>>25781524
inb4 zebra
inb4 V for Vendetta
>>
>>25781540
>>25781543
>>25781558
>>25781702
You address the others behind you.
"She says you can come in if you like art. Jet? Eve? Gis?"
>"Uhh, I'm good. Art's not my thing."
>"I don't care for art either."
>"I'll go," Eve says. "I used to visit museums and galleries when I was younger."
>"Suit yourself. You two have fun talking about art. In a souvenir store," Gisela says, trying to hold back laughter.
>"Hush! I'm sure it's nice."
Eve breaks away from the group and makes her way towards you. As she passes, you whisper to her.
"Try not to freak out. And stow the mirror away."
Eve puts away the mirror and you push open the door for her, following closely behind.
>"The others are not coming in?"
"No, just us. I don't think they have the same appreciation for art as us and so for everyone's benefit, I thought it would be best if they stayed outside."
She nods slowly.
You hope she's not too upset by Jet and Gis.
>"Again, make yourself comfortable. Standing there all tense is so forced and unsightly. If you are going to be in here, I don't want your presence to clash with the rest of the decor."
You and Eve take a seat on the floor a few paces away from her.
>"There... much better. None of these statues were in a sitting position, so it's nice to finally see that in here. Such beautiful weapons and armor as well. Yes, you two pull off a very regal look quite well. Sit tall, chest out. I don't want your appearance marred by slouching and bad posture. It looks terrible."
You and Eve sit up, pushing your chests out.
>"Excellent. You two look wonderful. Make sure to hold that pose. Was there anything you wanted to talk about? Or did you just want to compliment my work?"
>>
>>25781996
>Posing for the medusa
I have the feeling that Hero thinks that we don't know.
>>
>>25781996
You're very bad at hiding your intentions you know that?
>>
>>25781996
We were wondering you were doing here.
Canterlot ain't exactly a hive of activity these days.
>>
>>25781996
Why are you out here all by yourself?
>>
>>25781996
You aren't fooling anyone you know.
>>
>>25782060
>>25782221
>>25782030
>>25782708
"I just happened to spot you, and I was wondering what you were doing here. Canterlot isn't exactly a hive of activity these days."
>"I live here," she simply states.
"Th-that's it?"
>"Yes."
>"All by yourself?" Eve asks.
>"Yes."
"Why? Why stay here? Why not go live someplace with other ponies where it's safer?"
She pauses again.
>"I -loathe- ponies. I find great satisfaction living in a pony city where everyone is turned to stone. I find it all... gorgeous."
>"Gorgeous?! These statues all used to be somepony! Or some griffon, or diamond dog, or changeling! It's a terrible fate and they have to be turned back!"
The figure is silent.
You wish you could see whatever expression it was making.
Eve continues.
>"It's... nice... what you've done with the place, but it can't stay like this forever. We have to save everyone from this curse."
Eve moves to get up, but as soon as she does, the figure pulls a hoof crossbow out from under her cloak and fires.
The bolt digs itself into the ground right beside Eve's hoof.
>"Sit and stay," the figure commands as she reloads. "Back straight, chest out, and head high."
Eve obeys, lest another bolt come flying.
You glare at the figure.
"You're very bad at hiding your intentions, you know that?"
>"I don't know what you're talking about. I have made my intentions very clear. I want you both in prime positions that do not clash with the rest of my arrangement."
>>
>>25782749
>DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>25782749
good thing we brought the guy with the petrification cure.
>>
>>25782749
why would you listen to someone who threatened you by firing a crossbow? it'd be like 10 seconds for her to reload, we coulda just left.
>>
>>25782818
Still hasn't reloaded. We could just leave
>>
>>25782841
even if she has reloaded there's two of us and we fly, she gets one shot. Why are our characters suffering from a case of the stupid? We have a crossbow user, they should have known to bounce the second she missed.
>>
Okay so she isn't tsun.
She's really fucking yandere.
>>
>>25782749
We're armored flying types, just fucking move. sitting here and waiting for her to petrify us is stupid. watching her reload was stupid.
>>
>>25782749
>Literally sat and watched a reload.
Amazing.

Just leave and trust our armor.
>>
>>25782749
I say we distract her, and Eve subdues her with a few slashes of the dagger.
>>
>>25782749
Move. As soon as she takes another crossbow shot, go in for the attack while she reloads.

>>25783022 Sounds fine too.
>>
>>25782749
If we see anything shady going on with that mask, close the fucking eyes.
>>
>>25783022
>>25783066
do we want to be getting close to a medusa?
maybe we should rush her and pull the mirrors rather than the daggers.
>>
>>25783141
I didn't say get close. I said distract. We can just run to the side or something.
>>
>>25783161
That works. Draw fire and Eve takes the shot with the ranged dagger
>>
>>25783161
How is a bat pony going to distract with a dagger without being close?
>>
>>25783191
Eve's not distracting, we are.
>>
>>25783191
The dagger works at range, remember? Upgraded and all.
>>
File: CARLOS.png (272 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
CARLOS.png
272 KB, 560x560
>>25782749

You know what they say about statues, they stay harder for a longer time
>>
>>25783616
I dunno, I'd say her plan is rock solid.
>>
>>25783632
Yeah but we're a stone cold monster killer
>>
>>25783632
>>25783713
Makes me wonder if Rocky Balboa is somewhere around this shop
>>
>>25783616
That kind of endurance isn't something you should take for granite.
>>
We're gonna rock her like a hurricane.
>>
File: dwayne-johnson-net-worth1.jpg (48 KB, 472x650) Image search: [Google]
dwayne-johnson-net-worth1.jpg
48 KB, 472x650
>>25784282
>Queen - We Will Rock You starts playing
>>
File: Carlos_Luna.jpg (191 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
Carlos_Luna.jpg
191 KB, 800x585
>>25783616
We need to keep moving, this is no time to sit down and get stoned. We have concrete evidence that there are medusoid creatures in Canterlot, and we should be rocking the house not sitting around like a bunch of statues. After all, a rolling stone gathers no moss.
>>
>>25782749
If this IS a real medusa of one variety or another, we'll be needing one of those mirrors once she uncloaks or we'll be fighting blind.
>>
>>25784970
Eve can fight blind no problem. You don't need your eyes open to echolocate.

We're the ones that'll be in trouble.
>>
>>25785113
>Blitz just helicoptering around the shop with his halberd held out and his eyes closed
>>
>>25782749
You aren't being a very good host you know.
>>
Ask I "Why are you threatening us with a crossbow" loudly.
Don't shout it but try to make is so that everyone outside can hear.
>>
>>25785148
>Blitz just helicoptering around the shop
Go on...

>with his halberd held out and his eyes closed
o-oh, right.
with his halberd.
of course.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.