[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who would rather have slice of life episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13
File: 1449168909043.png (154 KB, 307x250) Image search: [Google]
1449168909043.png
154 KB, 307x250
>there are people who would rather have slice of life episodes over action and adventure episodes
>there are people who don't want to see a world with magic and mythical creatures used to its full extent
>not wanting body swap, transformation, ect episodes
Just watch Clarence or something.
>>
>>25714644
But how will I show people that my show is cool if we don't have wuvvy duvvy episodes filled with nothing but the same old recycled reformation plot :O?
>>
>>25714644
>Implying manchildren decide what is put on the show
>>
>>25714744
What are you talking about? I said nothing about who decides what goes into the show.
>>
>>25714644
I'd be fine with everything but the last one. Wouldn't that be slice of life?
>>
>>25714752
If we can't decide whether you should live or die then what is your fucking point? Faggots just want more cute ponies, they don't care about anything else.
>>
File: 1446377487407.png (70 KB, 276x313) Image search: [Google]
1446377487407.png
70 KB, 276x313
>>25714644
>there are people who want the show about little ponies doing cute things to become DBZ with flashy lazors
>implying body swap, transformation, ect episodes don't belong to the "slice of life" part of the show
>>
File: somerandom.png (802 KB, 945x548) Image search: [Google]
somerandom.png
802 KB, 945x548
>>25714771
>people still pretend it's just "cute ponies doing cute things"
>ignore the level of autistic detail that even the show staff put in and even admit makes them sound crazy
>>
>>25714644
>implying I don't like slice of life and action
I don't give a shit, I just want cute ponies
>>
>>25714644
>there are people here who think horsefucking and
>no hooves
>is just a meme
>>
File: my soul when.png (651 KB, 907x649) Image search: [Google]
my soul when.png
651 KB, 907x649
>>25714644
Idgaf, though I prefer any episodes over the hiatus.

Switched over to watching matsus and not regretting it.
>>
>>25714791
>implying it's not a meme
It's a necessary meme, dirty apefuckers do not belong on /mlp/
>>
>>25714644
>there are people who don't want a good balance of both
>>
>watching the show
lmao
>>
>>25714644
A large part of what makes MLP so great is the combination of ordinary life with adventure and magic. Without slice of life stories, it'd be just another action show. Without adventure stories, it'd be a standard drama/sitcom that largely wasted the potential of its setting. By doing both types of stories and having them affect each other, though, it creates a universe with far more depth than either would have alone. It gives a sense that the characters we see live extraordinary lives, but still have to deal with day-to-day troubles and overcome their own flaws when they're not saving Equestria. And when they are saving Equestria, we know what's at risk well enough to care about the outcome.

Personally, my favorite episodes are the ones with a mix of both- ones where some kind of extraordinary magic helps a character overcome a personal problem or where a threat is defeated with the help of the lessons the characters have learned.
>>
>>25714843
Like the finale?
>>
File: absolutely disgusting man.gif (1 MB, 200x190) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting man.gif
1 MB, 200x190
>>25714644
>not wanting body swap, transformation, ect episodes

fetish pandering is by far the worst kind of pandering
>>
>>25714856
>"Like the finale"
>angsty teenager throwing a magic-fueled hissy fit just to get revenge and then being friendship-talked out of it

shiggity
>>
>>25714856
It's not the best example of how to do that, but yes, that sort of idea. One could also look at Sleepless in Ponyville for an example of the first episode type or at Return of Harmony and The Cutie Map for the latter one.
>>
>>25714644

Let me remind you that S1 was full of SoL episodes (not the shit one meme called SoL in S5)
And those episodes made me fall in love with the show, yet they are the reason why your making this crap thread on /mlp/
Fuck off

>action
Go watch max steel already
>>
File: 1431804020247.png (255 KB, 455x536) Image search: [Google]
1431804020247.png
255 KB, 455x536
>>25714644
>implying slice of life means completely mundane
>implying the show can actually write good adventure
>not wanting SoL with magic elements
>>
>>25714909

Anon, I want to let you know something. Anons with our opinion on the matter are dying out on this board and throughout the fandom in general. It's sad to see that most who agree with us have already jumped ship.
>>
File: There's a Light Ahead.png (32 KB, 663x462) Image search: [Google]
There's a Light Ahead.png
32 KB, 663x462
>>25714945
Why should you have to fight what makes others happy in order to have the parts you enjoy be appreciated? Can we not have both?
>>
>>25714644
There are "people" who would watch a show full of hateable, ridiculouse autistic characters. Remember back in season 1 when the characters had a concept of subtlety, reputation, standards and acting intelligent and charming?

Now if I took control of an original horse show. I would make 3 shows with different genres.

Story-mode where it's focused on story arcs, backstory, character development, world design.
Parody/Comedy All your ponies are buffed up men drinking tea in a manly way.
Slice of Life. A preschool show where the characters aren't allowed to act mean, stupid, disgracious to one another. A much comfier, cuter, charming and magical version of season 1 attempting to recreate that pony drug feel. "But it would be boring" no it would be fun as hell to see everyone finally playing in an optimistic positive manner as opposed to breaking everything and failing at the grand galloping gala like any shitty canadian production ever gave us.
>>
>>25714755
How are body swap and transformation slice of life?
>>
>>25714977
those are fucking horrible ideas
>>
>>25714982
It happens inside a mundane real-life plot like Rarity and Rainbow Dash have the most important job application in their life and they don't need to screw it up.

As such Dan Vs is still considered Slice of Life despite there being a fucking werwolf in that show and an actual super villain dentist.
Same deal with The Simpsons and Addam's Family.
>>
>>25714838
fan of the fucking fandom
>>25714802
i said JUST a meme, some people think it's just a meme to fit in, i hate when apefucking faggots get in here
>>
>>25714996
Says the autistic hasdrone who can't even capitalise and punctuate.
>>
>>25714644
>the show should cater to my fetishes and use tired cliches
>you should just watch something else but i won't watch other shows that cater to what i want
Was exposing your autism part of your plan?
>>
I want more map episodes.
>>
>>25714843
He means like: Boast Busters, Swarm of the Century, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Stare Master, Owl's That Ends Well.

Unfortunately that's all of them. Season 2 got rid of that formula along with the mane6 individuality formulamand many other things which made the show unique.
>>
>>25715026
Well, the map is still around, surprisingly enough. We may very well have more episodes featuring it in season 6.
>>
File: why don't we have both.gif (485 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
why don't we have both.gif
485 KB, 340x255
>>25714644
Why can't we just have both?

Slice of life episodes for comfiness and silly poni poni stuff and action and adventure episodes for when stuff gets too boring.
>>
>>25715008
>caring about capitalizing and punctuation
>calling others autistic
>>
>>25715029
Almost forgot: The 2parter premiere episode with Nightmare Moon and Twilight meeting the main 5 individually.
>>
>>25714644
>slice of life
a few EPs like that are okay. i'd love to see one of Celly and her everyday life, duties, problems etc. maybe some silly comedy with her in the center
>>
>>25715026
map episode were nice in theory but with the exception of griffonstone they were borefests

I really hope will get better map ep next season
>>
>>25715029
> Season 2 got rid of that formula
>what is Its about time
>what is Lesson Zero
>what is Hurricane Fluttershy
>>
>>25714945

Its really sad nothing will ever be the same
But I still stay, because for some minutes I still see cute ponies doing cute things
>>
>>25715029
I don't believe that. Even in season 5, we have some episodes that focus entirely on ordinary life, ones like Brotherhooves Social, Hearthbreakers, and Scare Master. And there are far more slice of life episodes in season 1 than you listed. What about Look Before You Sleep, Fall Weather Friends, and The Show Stoppers? You claim season 2 removed them, but what about Sisterhooves Social, Family Appreciation Day, Baby Cakes, A Friend In Deed, and Ponyville Confidential? Slice of life stories have always been a part of this show. I think they always will be.
>>
>>25715078

Meme episodes (psycho twilight ) and another fluttershy is shy episodes
>>
S1 was better and the new season are shit:the weekly thread
>>
>>25714644
Body swap is mostly slice of life you retard.
>>
>>25715056
This
>>
File: 1429419785263.jpg (18 KB, 168x318) Image search: [Google]
1429419785263.jpg
18 KB, 168x318
>>25715103
>Meme episodes
>>
>>25714644
WOW, imagine that anon, different people like different things!!!
>>
>>25715103
You do understand that at that point Fluttershy is shy wasn't as overused. Also, it was mostly about every little effort helping the cause, not her shyness.
>>
File: mlp-canterlot.jpg (393 KB, 1159x1600) Image search: [Google]
mlp-canterlot.jpg
393 KB, 1159x1600
>>25714644
Tbh I always hoped the show would be something like this ever since I saw the premiere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97QkO7nAn68

But along the way, instead of a fantasy world we got pop culture and real world analogies out of the wazoo.
>>
>>25714644
>wanting body swap and transformation
Sounds more like you want the show to cater to your shitty fetishes. What does that 'et cetera' entail? Inflation? Futa?
>>
>>25715078
Are you genuinely this stupid that you don't know what they are or you're being contrarian on purpose?
>greentexting what is
I'll go with lack of intelligence for 500.
>>
Mlp only need to follow the same formula of "Wander Over Yonder" without the space shit. After all WOY is the best show that combines SoL and action perfectly
>>
>>25715130
Yes Lesson Zero was a meme episode similar to Double Rainboom and Slice ofnLife, you got a problem with calling them for what they are, faggot?
>>
>>25715250
The word has lost it's meaning.
>>
>>25714644
this show doesn't do action and adventure as well as shows that are actually more about action and adventure. I'm one that believes that you can have a shitty setting, a shitty plot, and still have a good show, as long as the characters and their interactions are entertaining and interesting. Take away the interesting and entertaining character interactions from the focus, especially from a show that thrives on this theme, and that show is much more likely to suck.

Like for me, Cutie Re-mark was really good because of Twilight and Glimmers character interaction, not because of the dumb alternate timelines, or the "action" scenes. They offer fleeting enjoyment, and some value of course, but that's not what really makes that episode good in my eyes.
>>
>>25714644
slice of life episodes tend to be more highly rated by anons here than worldbuilding episodes. Surprise surprise, we watch MLP for cute characters, and not mythos and worldbuilding. Who could have guessed.
>>
>>25715234
Wander Over Yander is another comedy action short.
El Tigre and many other shows did it before then.
FIM was unique and mature for not beinf comedy or action. Albeit I woukdn't mind seeing a spin-off show with that genre.
>>
>>25715250
>episode done before the fandom existed
>comparing it to slice of life
>>
>>25715250
this is a meme post on a meme board of a meme website in the meme-net
>>
>>25715265
no, it's just newfaggotry doing a faux pas
>>
File: map_of_equestria.jpg (148 KB, 1232x648) Image search: [Google]
map_of_equestria.jpg
148 KB, 1232x648
Remember when we first got this new map, and we were all excited about the interesting new places.

And then we visited only like three of them. One very briefly (Frozen North).
>>
Would you say the show is bad at adventure episodes and worldbuilding?
>>
>>25715097
This board continously proves me how autistic and dumb it is as the years pass by.
>>
>>25715305
Teach it better. Not by telling it to improve, but by improving yourself and giving it an example to follow.
>>
>>25715299
What is that? Right below Las Pegasus.
>>
>>25715299
I want to see macintosh hills
>>
>>25715305
>I won't response to the post I'll just call it dumb
nice to see you fit in this board then
>>
>all the final episodes of the seasons are epic shit

S6 finale should be like the best night ever.
>>
>>25715319
That's beyond our borders. We must never go there, Simba.
>>
Next season I hope we see manticores and mountain dragons/batponies.
>>
>>25715319
that's where i met your mum
>>
>>25715299
The actual map of Equestria doesn't match this. There's no undiscovered West.
>>
>>25715335
If you're planning on a response that continues the post then you failed.
But if it's a reply about how he ignored the context and made a wrong unrelated post to the previous one then you helped him understand why his post was bad.
>>
>>25715340
But it looks magical and the most interesting.
It has golden roads and snowflake stars on it.
>>
>>25715344
I'd rather make new memories here than hang onto the old ones somewhere else.
>>
Anyone have the full labeled map of Equestria from that book?
>>
>>25715335
Respond* you illiterate moron.
>>
>>25715413
>new memories
>new
it's all pasta now
>>
>>25715428
It doesn't have to be. I've had a pretty good time discussing the show on /mlp/ just this morning. Sure, not everyone agrees, but that doesn't mean we can't learn anything.
>>
>>25715426
>I know I'll just correct a grammar mistake, that will make me look smart
>>
Gotta think about power creep too, like notice how each finale keeps trying to up the stakes and shit, it's because our main cast is becoming too powerful, eventually we might be facing off against gods of Equestria (Perhaps that's the movie). This is an unfortunate consequence of any show where the main cast progresses in terms of like raw power. Perhaps this will make adventure fags happy, because the cast will have to keep expanding around the world to keep things feeling fresh and interesting for the audience.

I did really like the S5 finale though, instead of having another villain who tries to get his way with like raw strength, we had this cunning, intellectual who really isn't all that bad, but completely misguided and irrational. Hopefully they do more of this kind of stuff.

That said I did prefer the show when it was more idyllic, but hey, it's still a show I really enjoy to this day.
>>
File: 1414157449660.png (34 KB, 450x367) Image search: [Google]
1414157449660.png
34 KB, 450x367
>>25715435
for now because there's fresh content. but it will get old and collapse sooner or later. it's inevitable
>>
>>25715482
As long as it can keep going, I'll be here to take part. Nothing lasts forever. I'm okay with that.
>>
>>25714771
... I liked the episode where Goku and Piccolo went to get driver's licenses...
>>
>>25716355
>>
Bumps
>>
The show is still mostly slice of life you fucking faggots
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.