[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"psst anon,I overheard you talking about something called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: cele.png (350 KB, 1600x1118) Image search: [Google]
cele.png
350 KB, 1600x1118
>"psst anon,I overheard you talking about something called a ...democracy, what is that?"
>>
>>25699528
Isn't it obvious?
It's a word made up of "demo" and "cracy", meaning rule.
Democracy is when your world is ruled by demons.
Literal, fire-spitting, stick-fire-pokers-up-your-ass demons.
No offense, Spike. Although are you sure you're not one of them?
>>
File: free.jpg (70 KB, 610x408) Image search: [Google]
free.jpg
70 KB, 610x408
>>
File: Spike.png (207 KB, 1820x2862) Image search: [Google]
Spike.png
207 KB, 1820x2862
>>25699587
Have I told you about my lord and savior satan?
>>
CELESTIA MY ALLEGIANCE IS TO THE REPUBLIC. TO DEMOCRACY.
>>
>>25699528
It's the absolute worst system of government my people have ever had, except for all of the other ones we've tried. Next question.
>>
>>25699587
Surprisingly accurate
>>
>>25699664
>off by two
>>
File: 1421741853635.png (84 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1421741853635.png
84 KB, 1200x1600
Democracy is a system where the ponies are asked to choose the best leader for them.
Of course, the leader, who has to lie a lot, tells the ponies who is the right leader and who are the wrong so it makes little or no difference every time.
>>
>>25699528

We don't get a lot of benevolent dictators on Earth, so we designed a system to make sure the megalomaniacs that wind up in charge are as tied up in bureaucracy as possible and nominally obliged to follow through on some of the wishes of the idiotic masses beneath them.

It's like slowing down a trainwreck just enough to get some of our baggage off.
>>
>>25699528
Democracy is a failure of a system.

What you really want to know more about is a Republic.
>>
>>25700665
This. Democracy is the majority crushing the minority.
>>
It's when you pretend that being alive means you have intelligent input to bring to the table.
>>
File: jKOC87Ub.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
jKOC87Ub.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
Another word for success
>>
File: Flag-and-eagle.jpg (250 KB, 1500x815) Image search: [Google]
Flag-and-eagle.jpg
250 KB, 1500x815
I could explain it to you...or I could show you this picture of an eagle in front of a flag.
>>
>>25700665
Democracy is the most spectacular failure we've found to date.

There are certianly better systems, the problem is finding them. If you can find one that is better, let us know. If we like it we'll hold some kind of referendum on it and see if the majority of people agree.

Even if it's stupid, Democracy is romantic as fuck so there's really nothing you can do about it once it becomes the majority system in the world.

Only thing that can really beat out a good Democracy is a Monarchy or a similar system where the ruler has been proven to be just to a fault and they also happen to be immortal.

That being said, Sun/Moon/Love/Smart horses have a pretty good system going. Would legitimately emigrate to Equestria on purely philosophical and political grounds if I could.

Provided they aren't complete and utter pansies, of course. Though that AU in the S5 finale with the whole Sombra thing shows that they can at least wage a losing war with no apparent support. That's better than a lot of countries can claim nowadays.
>>
File: 1449221183239.jpg (21 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1449221183239.jpg
21 KB, 500x333
>>25700719
kek
>>
>>25700944
commie detected
>>
>>25700892
Thinking USA has ever been a democray, Are you Cray-cray? We are a Republic, for which we stand.
>>
something about horsedicks in my ass, get on it bitchcakes.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.