[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Galloping Steel - Tank CYOA #12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 5
File: Cloudchaser&Flitter TOG II.png (2 MB, 9000x6000) Image search: [Google]
Cloudchaser&Flitter TOG II.png
2 MB, 9000x6000
>Your school, Compass Rose University in Fillydelphia, has assembled a tank combat squadron as one of its sports teams for the very first time this semester.
>You are Tread Softly, or just Treads, cool-headed and perceptive mechanical engineer in-training.
>You and your childhood friend Little Star have signed up for tank battle. You have since been named the commander of the school's tank squadron after you won the first practice battle.
>Your team is yourself (commander), Little Star (driver), Kimono (gunner), Mountain Ash (loader), and Fountain Pen (radio operator). Your team is named Liberators and your tank, a Panzer III Ausf. J, is named Sturmwind
>You stopped a pickpocket and a local news reporter gave you her business card.
>You have agreed to a weekly Monday-evening meeting with your team to discuss Tanksport and make plans for upcoming weeks.
>Several ponies in the squadron have advised you that the squadron needs a strong leader to challenge the bad decisions of Quiet Halls (AKA Halsey), the professor assigned to manage the university's new tanksport squadron. His ignorance of the repair needs of old tanks caused the demonstration of the squadron's Panzer III to be a disaster and his attitude thus far has been largely short-sighed, disinterested, and obstructive. You have chosen to wait for the right moment to confront him.
>Presently, you have three out of twenty squadron members assigned to side-projects.

>When we last left our protagonist, she and Little Star were looking for tank ice cream and other tank-shaped memorabilia. They had just found a promising ice cream parlour when a truck loaded up with an old FT-17 light tank drove past. Treads is currently in pursuit of the vehicle, leaving Star to tend to the ice cream.

Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/steel

Character List and side projects: http://pastebin.com/134pmyVE

Tank List: http://pastebin.com/ZAAKz8tj
>>
BULLYING
>>
>>25696743

>Chasing the truck through the busy city streets, you have discovered the name "Burnie's Disposal" written on the side. You figure three things. First, that judging from the name they're probably going to melt the FT-17 down for scrap metal. Second, that since you have the company name, you can probably get the phone number from a phonebook. And thirdly, that if you can get the FT for the university, you could either use it or sell it off to another university. Scrapping it for parts also occurs to you, but you know enough abut period tank to know that the parts aren't typically cross-compatible with other tanks (unless they're very similar machines, such as all the endless Fairweather variants).
>Concerned that said melting may be scheduled for today, you've decided to stay after the truck, but you keep an eye out for a telephone box so you can hopefully call ahead and tell them to keep the tank on reserve for you. You soon find that whilst there are phone boxes to be used, the truck (having pulled onto the main road now), has picked up enough speed that you'll definitely lose it if you stop to make a phone call.

What will you do, commander?
>>
>>25696788
Follow that tank mane
Also is it me or are the memes a little strong right now?
>>
/CYOA/ sent me, I'm here for some bullying. When do we bully Treads? And who is Treads?
>>
>>25696788
It would be more effective to call ahead.
>>
>>25696788
Follow the tank and if we get a chance see if you can find a phone number on the truck.
>>
>>25696976
Or an address.
>>
>>25696826
>>25696976
>>25696984

>You dither a bit, but ultimately decided to continue keeping pace with the target. It's a lot harder now and you have to strain yourself a bit to keep up, but whilst the traffic is only just starting to thicken in the lead up to rush hour, there are enough traffic lights that you're just able to keep up. It's a bit of a workout, though!
>The truck is pulling far enough ahead after each light that you aren't getting a chance to get close again. That will probably change if you can hold out long enough for it turn back onto side streets on the way to the junkyard, but you figure you'll tire yourself out pretty well by this rate. Still, you think you can probably do it if you push yourself.
>Whepw... it's been a while since you flew this fast... It's kind of exhilarating, actually. Like you're a real adventurer!

Stay in pursuit, commander?
>>
>>25697255
Sure, let's stretch our wings for once.
>>
>>25697255
Gotta work for the good things
This will be worth it
I am sure of it
>>
>>25697255
Go! Dump the cloud to be more aerodynamic.
>>
I'll be back in a bit
From my experience bad things can always happen
So try not to get hit by a car or get burned to ded ok?
>>
>>25697440
>>25697304
>>25697263
>>25697523

>Although it's always possible that bad things can happen, you feel that the good things are worth working for. It has served you well, but you dump your little nimbus for better aerodynamics and speed after the truck, really stretching your wings for once. It certainly helps, but it's still rather tough going. Before too long, you're panting and feel a subtle burning in your wing joints and lungs. You just aren't built for this kind of high-speed work.
>The universe, it seems, is content to take pity on you though, and by the time you're really flagging, that's when the truck decides to turn off and slow down. By this point, you can see the junkyard in the distance, separated from the buildings by a short stretch of open land and piled high with mountains of garbage just waiting to be gotten rid of. You can probably head straight there rather than continue dogging the heels of the truck, if you want. Ooof, you're sweating bullets, though. You desperately need to rest...

What'll it be, commander?
>>
>>25697830
See if you can land on the tank without being noticed.
>>
>>25697830
Finnd the nearest shady spot and fall over. If there's any way to get water nearby go for it.
>>
>>25697898
>>25697917

>You consider trying to land on the tank without being noticed, but it's unlikely you'll be able to keep yourself hidden from the other junkyard workers even if you manage to land without disturbing the driver. Looking around, you notice there's a public toilet you can refill your water bottle in, so that shouldn't be a problem. There are plenty of promising shady spots as well.

It's up to you, commander.
>>
>>25698344
The time we take to get a drink and drink it will be our break
Then get back to the tank
Wouldn't want our hard work be for nothing
>>
>>25698344
I doubt it's going to be melted down immediately, we can afford a rest.
>>
>>25698344
Lets get that phone number.
>>
>>25698402
>>25698427
>>25698484

>It doesn't seem likely that the tank will be melted down five minutes after it arrives, so you stop off to refill your water bottle and have a rest. Your ragged pants as your lean against a wall draw some weird looks, but no passersby actually question you. It's only when you've downed about half your refilled water bottled and filled it back up a second time that you feel recovered enough to go and get that phone number.
>By the time you dust back off and fly over the junkyard, you see that the truck has been parked and the driver is talking with one of the yard workers. He hands over a clipboard, which the worker signs, then he points the driver in a direction somewhere deeper within the yard. It looks like the FT-17 is about to get taken off the truck and shoved in with the other mountains of garbage.
>This is a prime opportunity to get a closer look at the truck, but you aren't entirely sure how the yard workers will react to an uninvited guest.

How do you want to approach this, commander?
>>
>>25699139
Head to the front gate.
>>
>>25699139
Look for the building that looks the most important and see who's there to ask them about the tank
>>
let's panzerfahren
>>
>>25696743

TOG is party tank. Everybody loves it when the Royal Navy shows up!
>>
>>25700470
There's been a distinct lack of tog lately.
Stupid WG, removing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 300x300
>>25700470
>>25701688
>WG pulled one of the most iconic tanks from the game in the merit of "pref mm is op"
>been replaced with nothing but shitty tier 8s
>>
>>25702043
Although it was an iconic tank, it was pretty shit, I didn't mind it being removed, and saw its removal as more of a ploy to get more people to buy it since it worked soo well when they removed the E25
>>
>>25702141
It's only shit when you drive it alone.

Triple TOG platoon is just astounding.
>>
>>25699139
Keep track of where the tank comes to rest.
>>
>>25702147
I missed out
>>
>>25705394
Keep watching the christmas sale. It might pop up as a special.
>>
>>25699139
Hey Panzer, you're on SEA. You drop the 200 dollars on a Type 59 (g)?
>>
>>25702141
If you play World of Warships, the Atlanta is basically the new memeship.

By itself, an Atlanta is garbage.
Three Atlantas all in a division? Insane AA that makes you immune to planes, great maneuverability, pretty good stealth, and torpedoes that people love to forget about.

14 guns in 7 turrets that each fire about every five seconds
That's 504 127mm High Explosive shots fired per minute. Who cares if it only has a 1-5% chance to set on fire?

That sheer rain of fire causes extreme panic to every ship when you focus fire. You can't not have fun in an Atlanta platoon.
>>
Standard bump
>>
Boop.
>>
So I've been thinking about the whole relationship thing
I know most of us said star but I just don't see that happening because of them being friends since forever
And treads being distant from everyone else kind of stops anybody else from working
Anybody have any thoughts?
>>
>>25707839
In my opinion, Treads wouldn't be the one to initiate a relationship. Star's the logical choice, but if it were to work, Star would probably have to be the one to make the push.

It probably wouldn't happen while Treads and Star are still in college, if I'm perfectly honest.

No one else would really work either. So no relationships for tiny tank commander.
>>
>>25707839
I am on the side that Star is not for sexual but I'm slowly changing my mind. All we need is someone who will punch through Treads' sturdy shell. It'll take a very certain individual to get through to her.
>>
>>25707885
I wonder who be strong enough to break a shell that sturdy
>>
>>25707867
I don't want tiny tank commander to be alone forever
>>
>>25708336
It's not forever. Just a few years.
>>
>>25708356
That's still to long familia
>>
>>25707955
Who knows? I'm willing to bet that someone will turn up that Treads will take a special liking to during the trials and tribulations of tanksport.

I can't help but wonder if Treads will become something of a mother duck to the squad.
>>
>>25708398
But Star's just a friend. I-it wouldn't feel right. Plus, there's the financial and time commitment, not to mention the emotional investment required from both parties.

And if it goes wrong, it could destroy the only meaningful friendship in our life.
>>
>>25708442
Who said anything about star?
I just don't want her to be alone
>>
>>25708753
So then get rid of the parts that relate to Star and add the extra barrier of our distant nature.
>>
>>25708425
I was thinking someone who could break the shell with an explosion
>>
>>25708805
I dunno. Pyrodex is a little clingy for my tastes. And very overbearing.
>>
>>25708818
>Google overbearing because why not
>one of the synonyms is bullying
He seems perfect
>>
>>25708902
I meant overbearing in the way you might describe a strong plug-in air freshener.

Oppressive, hard to stay in the same room as him for a long while, and when you're in his company, he's all you can think about because his presence is like a blanket constantly wearing down on your senses.
And you always leave with a headache.
>>
Sorry I'm late, everyone.

>>25701688
>>25702043

I agree that doing away with all preferential MM premiums is really quite stupid. A few of them were certainly OP, but that's entirely WG's fault, not the fault of preferential MM. And this is quite easy to prove when a number of normal MM premiums are also OP (Cromwell B, SU-122-44, T-54 mod. 1 etc.)

>>25705860

That tank's on the China server (yes, there's a dedicated Chinese server), not SEA. Also SEA is just called Asia now.

>>25704254
>>25699197
>>25699207

>You decide to avoid flying straight in, watching hawk-eyed from your aerial vantage point as the FT-17 is hauled deeper into the junkyard. Soon enough, the truck parks in a slightly less crowded space and the driver dismounts again, starting to take down the chains keeping the tank locked to the back of his vehicle. Once done, he returns to the cabin and begins tilting the fat bed up. You can't help but wince a little in sympathy for the near-physical pain you know Star would be feeling right now if he were here as the tank slides off the truck and clatters nosily onto its side, coming to rest at the bottom of a heap of garbage, some of which come loose and slides onto the tank. The driver hops out for a quick look and, apparently satisfied, dusts his forehooves and remounts his truck once more before driving away.
>Well at least you know where they're keeping the thing now. You return to the main entrance and trot inside, starting to look around for an office or any sort of important building. You spot a viable candidate pretty quickly, noticing that one of the buildings has an air conditioning unit on the roof that suggests regular habitation, but you are waylaid by a yard worker before you can even get halfway.
>"Err, hi. Can I help you?" the sturdy earth pony mare asks, flipping her surprisingly long red mane out of her eyes as she speaks.

Response, commander?
>>
>>25708946
Yes, I'm here to talk to you about that FT-17 you just hauled in.
>>
>>25708946
I am here to see if I can have your garbage
Preferably the tank shaped garbage
>>
>>25708946
We're here on business.
>>
>>25709111
>trips
This proves how important this business is
>>
>>25708940
The last time we were with him he seemed alright besides the whole kissing thing
But he was drinking when that happened so he most likely wasn't thinking straight
>>
>>25709186
I dunno though. We don't really have much in common, and being with him would be in a constant state of discomfort.

Especially given Thunder, Thistle, and Ace's descriptions of spending time with him.
>>
>>25709111
>>25709093
>>25708958

>Unable to choose whether you should come across serious or light-hearted, you decide to take a little from both columns.
"I'm here on business," you reply simply, a small smile coming to your face. "I am here to see if I can have your garbage, preferably the tank shaped garbage."
>"Err... what...?" the mare questions, apparently not having seen the tank being hauled in.
"I'm here to talk to you about that FT-17 you just hauled in," you explain.
>"Theeee... whaaat...?" the mare unhelpfully replies. "You said we just hauled this thing in? Well, I mean, we do offer resale for ponies who want it, so..."
>She looks over her shoulder and yells towards a deeper part of the junkyard.
>"Hey, Pig Iron!" she bellows. "Did you just bring something called an... "eff-tee seventeen" in!?"
>"You what!?" a stallion's voice bellows back. "I don't know what that is. The last thing I signed in was a really, really old tank nobody wants anymore... think it's like 80 years old or something! We're supposed to melt it down tomorrow!"
>"Thanks!" the mare shouts back before returning her attention to you. "I guess... is that what you're looking for? Why would you want something like that?"

Response, commander?
>>
>>25709423
I'm with the local university tanksport team. It would likely be a long-term project to help drum up some profits for the squad.
>>
>>25709423
We want it for our uni
Can never have to much tanks
>>25709238
Think of it like this
Treads can help pyro control himself more around others
While he can help her be more sociable
Always an upside to everything
>>
>>25709642
But then we'd have to go to a club.
And that sounds terrible.
>>
>>25709696
Maybe right now it does but like anything else you can learn to like it
>>
>>25709743
But clubs are pretty much the worst thing ever. That's from personal experience just as much as in-character.

I just really don't see how this theoretical relationship would work. It would be a lot of trying to look past annoyances and flaws on both sides and just hoping it works out.
>>
>>25709797
Here's how I imagine this would go:
>"Treads, you wanna go to a club?
"No"
>"Aww, come on, it'll be fun"
"Fine"

>Scene of Treads sitting at the bar nursing a drink, casting wary eyes to the dance floor and wishing she was at home with Little Star or working on a tank.
>"So, are you having fun?"
"No"
>>
>>25709797
I suppose that's correct, there is still a chance of course like in >>25709642 where they help each other with those flaws
But for now I'm too burnt and tired to continue
you win this time...
>>
>>25709906
While I think the adventure would be better without the burdens of a relationship, I'm not too vehemently opposed to the idea.

I'm just especially opposed to having a relationship with Pyrodex.
>>
>>25709940
Well who would you prefer?
>>
>>25709488
>>25709642

"I'm with the local university tanksport team," you explain.
>"Compass has a tanksport team?" the junkmare questions.
"Yes," you reply with a firm nod. "And we want that tank for our uni. Can never have too many tanks. It would likely be a long-term project to help drum up some profits for the squad."
>"Are you sure?" the junker questions, still uncertain. "I mean, any tank that gets passed along to us is probably in REALLY bad shape... I mean, like, really bad... And I'm not sure there's even time. Like Pig said, we're melting it tomorrow, so..."
>She scratches her head and dithers visibly.
>"Neeh, I dunno, I guess we could negotiate for a price," she shrugs. "You'd have to talk to the boss, though. She'll at least want the scrap metal value for it, if not more, and a tank is a LOT of scrap metal."
>The mare gives you a considering look.
>"You really don't look like you can afford it, if I'm honest," she admits.
>She seems reluctant to let you pursue this matter.

What say you now, commander?
>>
>>25709980
My preference is none. Pyro's just at the bottom of the pile.

>>25710093
And she's probably right. We have nothing for money, and going into debt over such a thing would be a stupid idea.

Unless we can convince her to make a donation as a sponsor, it would be crazy to purchase it.
>>
>>25710093
We've come this far
Let's see the boss
>>
>>25710119
If you have no preference then there is no pile to be at the bottom of
don't bother replying I'm officially burnt and I have no idea what I'm saying anymore
>>
>>25710192

I should point out that you can have a least favorite without having a most favorite.

>>25710119
>>25710146

>You figure that the junker is probably right. Going into debt over an FT-17 would be stupid, so unless you can convince the boss to also become a sponsor, this is a purchase you'd have to be a bit crazy to make.
>Still... you've come this far...
"Well, let's see the boss," you say, rather bluntly.
>"Mmm, I dunno..." the mare replies evasively, rubbing the back of her neck. "The boss doesn't like having her time wasted with ponies who say they want to buy something but aren't really serious. Especially when she could just scrap the thing and be done with it."
>She gives you a look. It's sympathetic, but also concerned. She seems to want to help you, but needs a reason.
"How do I know you're not just wasting our time?" she asks, matching your bluntness with her own.

Response, commander?
>>
bedtime bump
>>
>>25710453
To be blunt, I can't afford it. The squadron has next to no money as it is, and we can't afford to be buying new tanks. However, getting the tank would be quite helpful.
The most I could ask for is a donation to the squad, and if that's not doable, then so be it.
>>
>>25713244
>>
Bumparoo
>>
>>25712174
It's a shame but this is about the best argument we can muster. Let's hope this boss is the generous type...
>>
We've found a tank shaped thing! We can't lose it now!
>>
>>25716815
>>25710119
>>25712174
>>25715755

>This is the first actual tank-shaped thing you've found. You can't lose it now! But then on the other hoof, you don't actually have the money to make the transaction you wanna make. So what else could you use to barter with? Well, begging... that sometimes works... You just hope the boss is feeling generous today.
"To be blunt," you respond to the junker. "I can't afford it. The squadron has next to money as it is. And we can't afford to be buying new tanks.'
>The junker opens her mouth to speak, but you continue before she can show you out.
"However, getting the tank would be quite helpful," you explain. "The most I could ask for is a donation to the squad as a sponsor. And if that's not doable, then so be it."
>It's weak-sauce and you know it, but what else can you really do?
>"A... sponsor?" the mare responds, tilting her head in confusion. "W-what, you mean like... racing stickers and stuff? That's... umm..."
>She dithers visibly and then shakes her head.
>"Well, I'll be honest with you, I have absolutely no idea," she shrugs, chuckling in mild embarrassment. "I'm not sure if we even do that! I mean, you ask Burnie, but... like... don't be surprised if she says no, OK?"
>She sighs.
>"Alright, I guess you can follow me...?"
>With that, the uncertain looking junker starts leading you toward the important-looking building with the air conditioning unit on the roof.

Any further conversation you want to make on the way, commander?
>>
>>25718604
Nope
Slap on those puppy eyes and start the rolls
>>
>>25718656
Wonder if we can get a random event roll within a random event roll
>>
>>25718675

Yes. Random event rolls do in fact stack.
>>
>>25718709
What's the limit?
>>
>>25718726
>Infinite cycle of random events that ends in a cargo plane
>>
>>25718726

Probably three or four. It's highly unlikely you'll get more than three random events all at once, but if the near-impossible happens and ten 0s come up in a row I probably won't be able to come up with that many events that can happen all at the same time, so...
>>
>>25718656

>You follow the junkyard worker in silence, contemplating how to make your best puppy dog eyes ever. Soon enough, you trot into a functional but threadbare office space and are lead into a side room and up to the proverbial big desk (actually quite a small desk as the space, including Burnie's office, seems quite cramped). The large charcoal-colored earth pony mare sitting behind it has an orange and red mane that seems to have something of a flame pattern to it, but it's hard to tell with it done up in a tight ponytail like that. Her eyes, dull yellow and surprisingly a little bloodshot, swivel up from the paperwork littering the desk to regard you with a look of almost shriveling seriousness.
>"Alright," she says after a few seconds of awkward silence, her voice deep and heavily tainted with smoker's lung. "What's this about?"
>"Oh, err, this is, this is err... umm..." the worker stammers. "She... umm... didn't tell me her name."
>Burnie says nothing. She merely closes her eyes and rests her elbow against the armrest of her chair before settling her forehoof over her face. She lets out a long, aggravated sigh.
>"Fine," she eventually says, looking back to you again. "I'll bite. Who are you and what do you want?"

How do you want to introduce yourself and your desires, commander?
>>
>>25719191
I'm Treads Softly, commander of the tanksport battalion at Compass Rose university, and I noticed you brought in an FT-17 a few minutes ago.

I was wondering if you would be interested in being a sponsor to the underfunded team, possibly donating that tank to the university? We could certainly use the help.
>>
>>25719191
My name is Treads Softly, and I'm the commanding officer of the new Tanksport squadron at Compass Rose University. I'm here because I happened to see you bringing in an old tank, an FT-17.

I'm interested in taking this tank off of your hands, but I'll be blunt - the Compass Rose squadron is very cash-strapped, so we couldn't give you market value for it. However, we would be upset if such a historical tank were to be melted down for scrap - why, that tank was one of the most iconic of the inter-war periods, particularly with the unique trench-traversal sled along the back. So all I can ask would be to allow the tank to be donated to our university, as well as asking if you would be willing to sponsor our team. We could also give you any broken parts or equipment that are beyond repair and not worth holding on to, free of charge, so you wouldn't necessarily see no upside.

We could certainly use your help, but I understand if this is too much for me to ask of you. But please consider it.
>>
>>25718790
so GM fiat
>>
>>25719260
>>25720109

"My name is Tread Softly," you introduce yourself politely. "I'm the commander of the new Tanksport squadron at Compass rose University. I'm here because I happened to notice you brought in an old tank, an FT-17, a few minutes ago."
>Burnie looks at you and drums her hoof on the desk lightly, waiting to see where you're going with this.
"I'm interested in taking this tank off of your hooves," you explain. "But I'll be blunt - the Compass Rose squadron is a very cash-strapped, underfunded team, so we couldn't give you market value for it. However, we would be upset if such a historical tank were to be melted down for scrap - that tank was one of the most iconic of the inter-war period. So I was wondering if you would be interested in being to sponsor our team, and possibly allow the tank to be donated to the university? We could certainly use the help. We could also give you any broken parts or equipment that are beyond repair and not worth holding onto, so you wouldn't necessarily see no upside."
>She leans forwards over the desk a little and peers at you searchingly. She doesn't seem terribly impressed.
>"Alright. So... what's in it for me?" she questions. "I'm not sure how much metal this thing's got off the top of my head, haven't seen it, but at the going rate right now I'd be looking at... hmm, 70 to 80 bits in the tonne? Around that. If I sponsor you, I'd need to get more than that back to make it worth my time, and some stickers on the sides of your tanks and getting back whatever off-cuts you don't want won't cut it. What else, as a sports team I'll be sponsoring, would the Compass Rose squad do for me, in terms of promoting my business and such, to make sure I don't just lose money on this deal? Keep in mind, I could melt this thing down tomorrow, sell the metal, and that's a nice lump of guaranteed bits in my pocket right away." So you best hope I like what you're about to say..."

What will you offer to sweeten the deal, commander?
>>
>>25721337

Well alternatively, if there are too many random events all at once I suppose I could "store' some of them to unleash upon you later.
>>
>>25722216
got nothing
oh well
>>
>>25722216
God, I wish Starry were here.

An FT weighs about six tons in working order, and this thing's rusted, gutted, and dented as it is, so you'd probably be looking at 450 bits for the scrap.

To be frank, when compared to the cost of sponsoring any other university sports team, that's a steal. In terms of exploitable advertising space, we can sell area on our tanks and a place for an advertisement in the booklets printed out at our events. assuming we have them.

Any more than that and it's not worth the time and further investment it would take to bring the vehicle up to working order ourselves.
>>
>>25724516
>>
>>25722216
This feels like heresy to me, but we could also offer her our unused modules. And we have an excess in spent shell casings that she could use.
>>
>>25722525
I was thinking the FT-17 would but a sort of mascot and parade around all our sponsors while our other tanks remain clean. I feel Star would appreciate that.
>>
Not feeling up to running today. New posts early tomorrow.
>>
>>25728367
Sleep well, sleepytenk
>>
>>25728367
that's alright
>>
>>25731038
>>
TOG is best tank
>>
>>25732628
Agreed
>>
Soo... What tanks you lot got?
>>
>>25733766
IS-7 is my only tier 10
>>
>>25733766
M26 Pershing, T32, and T28. That's the best I got. Had those fuckin' things for about three years. Never buckled down and went for a tier 9, always dabbled in other nations.
>>
Should we be faggots and add each other on WoT?
>>
>>25733766
Yeah, I've unlocked a Black Prince as my highest, but slowly grinding up a few others. 's more 'Do I want another year long grind' that's been stopping me.
>>
free bump
>>
boop
>>
>>25722525
>>25726716
>>25727214

>Oh how you wish Starry were here...
"You'd probably be looking at 450 bits for the scrap," you ponder, figuring a tank that small would weigh somewhere between five to eight tonnes and that it'll have less salvageable metal in presently its rusted, gutted, and dented state. "To be frank, when comparing to the cost of sponsoring any other university sports team, that's a steal. In terms of exploitable advertising space, we can sell areas on our tanks and a place for an advertisement in the booklets and other printed material at our events."
>You figure more than that and it won't be worth the time and further investment to actually get the FT-17 operational.
>"Still not good enough," Burnie replies. "Three strikes and you're out, kid..."
>She's getting very impatient. This is your last chance... Time to commit some real heresy.
"I can also offer you our unused modules," you say. "We will be periodically replacing main cannons and other equipment on our tanks with superior modules and we have an excess in spent shell casing that you could use."
>Burnie is about to open her mouth to reply, but then you have a brainwave.
"Also," you add hastily. "I was thinking the FT-17 could be a sort of mascot and parade around all our sponsors."
>"You have other sponsors?" Burnie questions.
"Well... not yet..." you admit. "But..."
>"I see... I see..." Burnie nods in a 'say no more' kind of tone. "Hmmm, parading the streets in a tank covered in our brand name to advertise the business. You'd have to put the thing on the back of a truck because I'm pretty sure tanks aren't street legal, but... mmm... Yeah, that could work."
>She taps her hoof to her nose, picturing the scene of tankers and their tank spruiking the business.
>"Well, do you have any ponies with good megaphone lungs?" she asks. "If so, I'd want to meet them. I like to know who my shills are..."
>She chuckles very softly, and this is the first time you've seen Burnie smile.

(cont.)
>>
>>25737201

Feeling that you now have Burnie in the right frame of mind, you proceed to negotiate about putting stickers on your other tanks, feeling that Little Star would much prefer it if they were kept clean. Ultimately, Burnie insists that there is at least a small sticker on the back of each one, but will concede to allowing only the FT-17 to have bold, blatant advertisements as long as it has a large sticker emblazoned on at least two sides and at least some of it is painted up in the red and orange colors of her business. Maybe, she suggests, you could do them as racing stripes...
>"OK, that'll do," she finally says after what feels like several hours. "I suppose you'll want to come out and actually see the thing you wanna get up close, won't you?"

Take her up on the offer, commander? Also, who would you suggest from your squadron to serve as Burnie's "megaphone shill(s)"?
>>
>>25737244
You know, I'm not so sure this offer really sounds that good.

We could look at the tank, see how much work it needs, but as it is I'm not really convinced.

Also, come to America, Tanks are totally street legal here. Just gotta replace the tracks with rubber, deactivate the gun, get it registered, and boom, you could totally drive your M18 to work if you want.
>>
>>25737308

>Also, come to America, Tanks are totally street legal here. Just gotta replace the tracks with rubber, deactivate the gun, get it registered, and boom, you could totally drive your M18 to work if you want.

Is that so? Huh... Eh, well, not gonna retcon it now...
>>
>>25737386
Didn't expect you to.
>>
>>25737244
>Also, who would you suggest from your squadron to serve as Burnie's "megaphone shill(s)"?

Gusty.

Also, damn Burnie is demanding. Tell her we'll be back later today with a friend and get back to Star. We're going to need more than our usual triple-scoop cone to make up for our workout.
>>
>>25737386
Of course not, but what kinda GuP is this if we can't go rumbling through town?
>>
>>25737244
Teapot I think may have some skill in yelling. Also, Pyro.
>>
>>25737308

>You find yourself suspicious that the offer doesn't sound as good as it's being made out to be. You definitely need to look at the tank and see how much work it needs, because as it is you're not really convinced.
"Gusty and Teapot I think might have some skill in yelling," you ponder out loud. "Also Pyro."
>You wonder why he wasn't your first thought. Oh well...
"We'll be back later today with a friend," you decide, feeling you should get Star to look at the tank as well.
>"Alright," Burnie shrugs, writing down the three names you just listed. "Don't be too long, we close at six..."
>This Burnie is demanding... You're going to need more than your usual triple-scoop cone to make up for the workout. Still, now that there isn't a truck to chase you can set your own pace back to the ice cream shop. When you arrive, you find Little Star eagerly tucking in to a small slab of ice cream that, sure enough, has been (rather crudely) formed into the shape of what you think is supposed to be the Panzer III.
>"Hey Treads!" he beams with a mouthful of ice cream. "What took you so long? I had to convince them to make tank ice cream all by myself! Cost a bundle, but..."
>He spoons another mouthful into his mouth and his eyes glaze over with pleasure.
>"Soooo worth it..." he moans.

What now, commander?
>>
>>25738160
Our quest will only be complete after the consumption of the tank shaped ice cream
While we enjoy it lets tell star of the deal we made
>>
>>25738160
Good work, officer!

I have bad news, good news, and really bad news about that FT-17.

The bad news is that it's in a dump, slated to be scrapped tomorrow.
The good news is that I managed to strike a deal with the owner to get the tank donated to the university.
The really bad news is that the conditions for the sponsorship weren't very good at all. Small stickers on the backs of our tanks first, but the FT-17 would have to be a parade tank, basically only for advertising our future sponsors. It's awful, but it's that or have it be melted down for scrap.
>>
>>25738224

>only for advertising our future sponsors.

I should point out that Burnie never said you couldn't also use the FT on the battlefield.
>>
>>25738240
Even then, wimpy 37mm gun, specific power of about 5 hp/t, maximum historical speed of about 8 km/h.

Yeah no, let's get real here.
>>
>>25738257

Hey, if the I-Go contribute to the team's success in GUP, this thing can. You just need to get creative. :^)
>>
>>25738160
Eat ice cream lots of ice cream. Tell Star he's about to be a very happy pony.
>>
>>25738446
We should still be a bit light on the sugar. We do have more walking yet to do today.

And wouldn't want Little Star to overdo it either.
>>
>>25738460
Hey! We deserve this!
>>
>>25738472
Damn right we did, we found a tank-shaped thing and tank-ish shaped ice cream!
>>
>>25738460
>>25738472
>>25738519
>>25738446
>>25738201
>>25738224

>You dither a little bit on whether to hold back on the sugar, or to reward yourself and go all in. Ultimately, you can't help but decide you deserve this. After all, you completed your quest, finding yourself tank-shaped ice cream and another tank-shaped object that also happens to be a tank itself! Success!
>With that, then, you pick up a second spoon Star has thoughtfully laid out for when you got back and begin to dig in. The ice cream is very good, with layers of several flavors carefully molded in and a chocolate exterior. Whoever crafted this knows and loves their craft inside and out.
"Mmff... mmm!" you sigh pleasurably before swallowing a mouthful. "Good work, officer!"
>Star nods and playfully salutes.
"Star, you're about to be a very happy pony," you declare.
>"Happier than this?" he questions, momentarily having forgotten about the FT-17, it would seem.
"That FT-17 is in a dump, slated to be scrapped tomorrow," you explain. "But the good news is that I managed to strike a deal with the owner to get the tank donated to the university."
>Star nearly chokes on a mouthful of ice cream.
>"R-really!?" he splutters, his eyes lighting up in abject joy. "Oh Treads!"
>He's about to leap up to tacklehug you, but you raise your hoof for him to be still.
"The bad news is that the conditions for the sponsorship weren't very good at all," you sigh. "Small stickers on the backs of our tanks first, but the FT-17 would have to be a parade tank, basically only for advertising our future sponsors, since, let's get real, it's not any good for combat. It's awful, but it's that or have it be melted down for scrap."
>"You're right, that DOES suck," Star replies. He still looks pleased, but not elated as before. "You sure there wasn't another way of saving the tank? I disagree it's useless in battle, though. We only need to find two ponies to crew it and it's cannon fodder if nothing else."

Response, commander?
>>
>>25738977
I'd rather not have two poor ponies crew it into battle. Wouldn't exactly be fun for them, would it? Maybe Halls could use it as a sort of command vehicle? The rough ride might keep him... attentive. I also plan on speaking with Burnie about reconsidering having stickers on our other tanks. It seems dirty and otherwise pointless if displaying sponsors is going to be the FT's primary purpose. But at any rate, we did it Star. We found tank shaped things.
>>
>>25739113
Offer hoofbumps at this, and think about having Starry coming in to renegotiate.
>>
>>25739113
This is good
Maybe use it as training for the new guys
>>
>>25739113
>>25739138
>>25739146

"I'd rather not have two poor ponies crew it into battle," you decide. "Wouldn't exactly be fun for them, would it?"
>"Wellll... no, I suppose not," Star chuckles morbidly.
"Maybe Halls could use as a sort of command vehicle?" you muse. "The rough ride might keep him... attentive..."
>Star gives you a wicked grin, seeming to like that idea. A lot.
"I also plan on speaking with Burnie about reconsidering having stickers on our other tanks. It seems dirty and otherwise pointless if displaying sponsors is going to be the FT's primary purpose."
>He nods frankly.
"But at any rate, we did it Star. We found tank-shaped things!"
>You offer him a hoofbump, which he accepts with a flourish. You ponder having Starry come in to renegotiate.
>"Yeah! Mission accomplished!" Star grins brightly.
"Alternatively," you further ponder. "Maybe we could use it as training for the new guys."
>"Also sounds like a plan," Star agrees. "No reason we can't use it for both purposes. So when do I get to see the FT, huh?"
>His eyes sparkle with eagerness.

What say you, commander?
>>
>>25739304
Later today
We might have to bring teapot or pyro aswell
>>
>>25739513

"Later today," you reply with a smile. "We might have to bring Teapot or Pyro as well."
>"Huh? Why?" Star questions, tilting his head slightly.
>You explain about the shilling and the parading.
>"Ooooh..." Star nods slowly, dithering for a moment and clucking his tongue before speaking again. "Nee-ehh? Well... I suppose if it's supporting small business..."
>He clearly isn't 100% sold on the idea, but is willing to trust you and go along with it for the moment.
>"And if it's saving the FT from being melted down," he adds. "Well, I suppose I should tell you about the machine's specs, huh?"

Listen to Little Star ramble on while you finish your ice cream, commander?
>>
>>25739800
Why not? Just get ourselves ready for knowledge absorbtion
>>
>>25739814

>You nod and settle in for another lecture. Star proceeds to regale you with tales of the FT-17's historical significance and how it pioneered so many design ideas we take for granted in our tanks today. The fully traversable turret, the economic scale, the mass production... He also discusses the tank's in-sport performance (admittedly poor, though it is a small, easy to hide machine and the gun can have some success against lightly armored targets, and could still serve as a distracting "door-knocker" against more heavily armored ones) and the many, many variants of this machine whose upgrades might be applied to this machine to make it more combat capable if you decide to go that way (he is, it seems, still keen to see the FT actually fight). He'd need to talk to Starry to parse out what could be upgraded and for how much...

DATA ACQUIRED

FT-17 antique light tank:

City of origin: Le Manes
Gun: 37mm
Reload: 4 seconds
Penetration rating at 1/7/14 hexes: 6/5/3
Armour ratings, F/S/R (hull): 4/4/4
Armour ratings, F/S/R (turret): 5/5/4
Road speed: 2 hexes per minute
Off-road speed: 2 hexes per minute
Crew: 2 (gunner, driver)
Note: Very small and thus easy to conceal and a difficult target. Will generally always be able to maintain its top speed regardless of terrain.

Have any specific questions about the tank, commander?
>>
>>25740078
Nope
Let's finish our quest and head back to the uni
Let's see if we can find any of our loud members so we can take them for our deal
>>
>>25740078
If Star is done we're done. Feel slightly disappointed in ourselves for not negotiating better (cuz Star isn't hyped by the terms). Still, looks like it might be fun to work on.

After we've had lots more ice cream we should go make some calls. See if Starry and Jury are busy.
>>
>>25741025
Don't feel too depressed, commander. We got a tank, and tank-shaped ice cream.

Speaking of, go thank tank ice cream shapers and ask them if they'd be willing to help us with bake sales and put tank-shaped ice cream on the menu for hungry tankers and tankfans.
>>
>>25742346
Ice cream at a bake sale? Plus, Star already said it was expensive, and we'd have to rent out a freezer on top of that.

Doesn't seem like a worthy investment.
>>
File: tank-cakes-a.png (401 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
tank-cakes-a.png
401 KB, 800x450
>>25742368
Yes, but if they know that they're gonna have hungry tankers and tankerfans they may think 'Well, we can start making this a regular thing', and if we come here for celebratory ice cream, they may decide that selling their products at a bake sale may increase awareness of both themselves and tank shaped ice cream.

Eventually, I desire them to get enough popularity that we can get pic related
>>
Advanced bump
>>
>>25742446
Sounds pretty convoluted, but I do dig the cakes in the image.
>>
>>25696743
Have a bump
>>
>>25742446
those look good
>>
Regular bump
>>
>>25743680
Flanking bump
>>
Going to a playtest at a games shop today. Not sure if they'll have wi-fi. Will post again if they do.
>>
>>25748405
What sorta games, Panzermane?
>>
>>25748417
Game games
>>
>>25748417
World of Tanks Generals, of course
>>
>>25748434
Well, playtest normally means Tabletop. I was wondering what sort of tabletop game was it.

>>25748446
Best game.
>>
>>25748446
>>25748451
I didn't like generals very much tbqh f_am
>>
>>25748446
So, World of Tanks General. What is best tank to grind for money?
>>
>>25749420
Any tier 8 prem. I prefer the IS-6.
>>
Fucking sigh...

Welp! That was a waste of time. I've been trying for the last three months to find people to playtest the adventure module (this is for Pathfinder, for those wondering) my friend (the suicidal guy. Some of you may remember him) has been developing for Silver Games. Finally thought I'd found some people. Waited a week for them to e-mail me back, talked on the phone multiple times and was repeatedly assured that yes, I'd be fine to come in and playtest this material today.

Upon finally getting there? I was pretty much told, "fuck off, everyone's busy".

Four MILLION people in this fucking city and I can't find just four people willing to take four hours out of their day...

I hate my life sometimes...

Anyway! I know my personal problems aren't what any of you are here for, so to get back on topic: New posts will be tomorrow.
>>
>>25750150
How is he doing? Could you do it online?
>>
>>25750234

Better than he was. He's not suicidal anymore, but he's still barely keeping afloat financially.

I've already done an online playtest, but he still needs to know how long it takes for a normal around-the-table group to complete the adventure, since he wants the adventure to take 3-4 hours over one live session.
>>
>>25750283
ah jeez, man
>>
>>25750283
Shit, I hope you can find some face-to-face players then.
>>
so...
>>
>>25754664
Tog is best tank?
>>
>>25754703
Debatable
But I wouldn't say it is
>>
>>25754719
What is
>>
>>25755993
>>
>>25757351
Look at the post im replying to
>>
Paznermane REALLY wants us to use this FT-17, doesn't he? I have to admit that if I gave someone a free tank and did nothing with it I'd be dissapointed too.
>>
>>25760018
Well, like he said, we just have to be smart with it. If we have enough tankers, we could use ti to flank, sneak up, a lot of things.
>>
>>25760210
Still, like I said, doesn't seem fun for anyone who is going to operate it. I'm sure we'll figure out something if we get it running.
>>
>>25760018

>Paznermane REALLY wants us to use this FT-17, doesn't he?

Not gonna speak for myself, but Little Star certainly does. :^)

>>25741004
>>25741025
>>25742346
>>25742368
>>25742446
>>25744557
>>25746772

>Stowing the newfound information away on a piece of paper in your saddlebag, you and Star proceed to finish up the heavenly ice creams placed before you as you ponder how to get in touch with your "loud" squadmates, hoping they'll be reachable by phone this afternoon. It's slightly disappointing that you weren't able to negotiate better terms, but you suppose you shouldn't be too depressed. You got a tank AND tank-shaped ice cream, and the FT-17 might be fun to work on... although you imagine Jury will probably want to kill you when she sees how much extra work you've brought in for her...
>It also occurs to you to ask the owners of the ice cream parlor if they wouldn't mind making more tank ice creams for the bake sale. Star did say it was expensive and you'd have to rent out a freezer, but with enough exposure and hungry tankers and tankfans to buy it, you can easily see it becoming a viable side business for these ponies, especially if your team comes here regularly for celebratory ice creams.
>Besides... tank ice creams! No way you're gonna let this opportunity slip through your hooves...
>"Treads..." Star says slowly, noting well the scheming glint in your eye. "What are you planning now?"

Proceed to go about securing tank ice cream for the bake sale, commander? If so, how do you go about it?
>>
>>25761133
Don't see the point, myself.
>>
>>25761133
I'm still gonna say no, there's just too much opportunity to lose money.
>>
File: 82136513.jpg (205 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
82136513.jpg
205 KB, 1024x768
>>25761133
>been meaning to catch up for months
>FT-17 time is upon us.
>Still at least two threads behind

fug.

I need this though. the FT-17 is the cutest tank ever. We could use it as a mascot, or something! Plus think of the history!

Please, we have to.
>>
>>25761274
Binge read hard man. We've more-or-less secured the FT-17 for Compass Rose.
>>
>>25761153
>>25761160
How about if we just say 'there's gonna be tank fans coming in, this is probably a good idea to make for them'? I mean, we're basically bringing a new sport to town so letting people know is a good idea, right?

>>25761133
Panzer, does Fillydelphia have a Tanking team already? We're just a college level team, are there any major ones locally?
>>
>>25761467
We could tell them that they should advertise the tank shaped ice cream, but I'm not in love with the idea of having them on for the bake sale.
>>
>>25761479
Yeah, makes sense. Cultivate them as friends/people who sell tank-shaped sweets first.
>>
>>25761467

Tanksport isn't new to the city. Your university just hasn't had it before.
>>
>>25761581
What's the local team, and what are Star's thoughts on it?
>>
>>25761153
>>25761160
>>25761467
>>25761631
>>25761479
>>25761509

>Pondering the possibility further, you decide that as much fun as it may be, the chance of losing money if you try to have ice cream at the bake sale is just going to be too high to be worth it. But that doesn't mean you should abandon the concept entirely, right? You could suggest to the ice cream makers that they make tank ice cream a regular menu item. You ARE, after all, bringing Tanksport to town.
>There is, you recall, already a Tanksport team in the existing league (as opposed to the new minor league that was created for Compass Rose and the other newcomer schools piling in this semester) here in Fillydelphia, but they're clear across the other side of the city and, from what you recall from Little Star, are no great shakes at the best of times, being quite middle-of-the-road as far as success and prestige are concerned. Your efforts could, you reckon, be a great chance to get the northern end of the city properly engaged with the sport for what could well be the first time.
>Smiling at Little Star, then, you rise from your seat and trot over to the counter where a somewhat older bespectacled mare is just serving a double-dip rocky road cone to an eagerly bouncing foal, who immediately makes a huge mess of it as he shoves it into his face.
>"Oh, you must be tank boy's friend," she smiles. "He mentioned you. I hope you enjoyed your special ice cream. It... wasn't easy to put together on short notice.."
>You politely respond with your approval and then proceed to put your plan into motion.
"There's gonna be more tank fans coming in," you smile. "This is probably a good idea for a thing to make for them. You should advertise tank-shaped ice cream!"
>"Should I now?" she responds with a polite but disbelieving smile. "Bit of a niche market, isn't it? Why, I haven't heard anypony around here talk about Tanksport for years. I almost forgot it existed until your friend came in."

Response, commander?
>>
>>25762187
>tank boy's friend
Do not think about being Star's Boyfriend.

Inform her that we Tread Softly, commander of the tank sport squadron at Compass Rose University.
>>
>>25762258
Commander of Compass Rose's NEW tank squadron.

>>25762187
Anywho, it's just a suggestion let's not push it too hard. We should get going soon if we want to contact Starry and the rest.
>>
Sorry for the delay.

>>25762258
>>25762310

"I am Tread Softly, commander of the new Tanskport squadron at Compass Rose University," you introduce yourself with a flourish.
>"Compass Rose?" the mare questions. "Aww, my nephew went there. Well isn't that lovely? I'm still not sure it'll be big enough to put on the menu, though."
"Well it's just a suggestion," you respond, not wanting to push things too hard.
>"I'll tell you what," she offers. "I won't put it on the menu until you can show me how it'd be popular enough, but I'll make sure to keep a base or two spare for when you and your little tank friends come around! I wouldn't want anypony to walk out that door unhappy!"
>She's talking to you like you're much younger than you actually are, you suddenly realize...
>Seemingly having reached a compromise, it's looking to you like it might be time to get going. Can't hang around too long if you want to contact Starry and the others AND still make it back to the junkyard before they close.

Anything else you want to take care of here, commander?
>>
>>25763170
Such is life being the tiny horse
I think we are done here
Let us move, we have a tank to get
>>
>>25763170
We're too small to be taken seriously. We're hardly larger than a filly.
>>
>>25764730
I'd say she's at least a tad bigger than that.
>>
>>25764752
I can only imagine how small we are compared to Star or Pyro
>>
>>25764891
I know. That's why it's funny.
>>
>>25764752
Nice ice cream mare doesn't seem to think so.

>>25763170
So yes, onward, to junkyard and starry and Pyro. Do we have a a phone, or 's a phone booth near by we can use?
>>
>>25764730
>>25764752
If we're only a tad bit bigger than a filly now then how small were we when we were actually a filly?
>>
>>25764891
I imagining them cuddled up and treads inbetween still having room to move around in
>>
tiny tanks
>>
>>25765866
Really tiny
>>
>>25767679
I want to see
>>
>>25768721
no
>>
File: steelie sad.jpg (85 KB, 777x565) Image search: [Google]
steelie sad.jpg
85 KB, 777x565
>>25769888
Please?
>>
>>25769902
I think my trips speak for themselves
>>
Bumpity.
>>
>>25764441
>>25764730
>>25765782

>You sigh softly to yourself as you return to Star's table. Sometimes you can't help but think it's your lot in life as a tiny horse to never be taken seriously...
"I think we're done here," you announce, trying to hide your annoyance. "Let's move, we have a tank to get."
>"Oh..." Star exclaims, surprised by your sudden haste. "OK, coming!"
>He quickly dabs a few blobs of ice cream from his chin with a napkin and then takes off after you at a trot. Heading outside, you immediately begin looking for a phonebooth that is in the direction of the junkyard (may as well be efficient about things) and quickly spot one. You can only hope that at least one of your prospective hawkers is at home.

Who will you try to call first, commander?
>>
>>25771281
Starry. Hope Jury is with him.
>>
>>25771281
I second this. Basic run down, hope to Celestia that Starry doesn't get mad at us.
>>
>>25771292
>>25771370

>You pop in some change and dial the number you have listed for Starry, hoping both that Jury is with him and that he won't get mad at you for the deal you've struck. Unfortunately, after a dozen rings there is no answer.
>"You have reached the home and business number of Starry Silvershine," his prerecorded voice intones dispassionately. "Please leave your message and I shall return your call as soon as possible."

>BEEP!

You've probably got about thirty seconds. What do you want to say, commander?
>>
>>25771425
Yo i got you a tank mane
But i didnt get best deal
I understand if you are being the angry but it was for tank
Got to be going now
İm not sure how public phones work but i dont think you can call them
k bye
>>
>>25771425
"Starry, this is Treads. I negotiated to get a FT-17 and I was hoping you and Jury would be free to come down and review the find and back me up with better negotiating skills then the ones I used."
>>
>>25771521
This actually has a semblance of being in character.
>>
>>25771425
Starry, this is Treads. I have a tank. A new one and hopefully for free. I was hoping to have you look it over and talk business so please call back when you can. *end*

Try to call Gusty next. She's a good shill for Whistler.
>>
>>25771515

I'll admit, this did make me laugh...

>>25771521
>>25771539

"Starry, this is Treads," you announce quickly. "I have negotiated to get an FT-17... a new tank and hopefully for free... and I was hoping you and Jury would be free to come down and review the find. You know, look it over, talk business, and back me up with better negotiating skills than the ones I used? So please call me back when you can."
>You give your phone number and then click down the receiver, letting out another little sigh as you do so. Life isn't always as convenient as you would like it to be. You just hope Starry gets back to you when you're home, because otherwise it could easily turn into a back-and-forth answering machine relay. That would be embarrassing...

Who should you call next, commander?
>>
>>25772178
Gusty.
>>
>>25772178
İ forgot the other two people
Only person i can think of is pyro for right now
>>
>>25772210
Tea Pot, 'cause he actually has a job at a place known for social interaction and loudly talking.
>>
>>25772187
>>25772210
>>25772328

Err, gonna need a tiebreaker here, guys... Or I could just roll a dice...
>>
>>25772624
Just roll.
>>
>>25772689

Okey dokey.

>>25772187
>>25772210
>>25772328

>Each candidate has their pros and cons. Gusty has a grudging respect for you and is arguably the most "normal" of the three ponies, Teapot has connections to a place that's already known for social interaction and loud talking (in other words, he has work experience over the other two candidates), and Pyro is... well... he's very, VERY loud...
>With no clear indication of which is the best option, you pick one at random and start dialing Pyro's number. The phone rings a good eight times before somepony eventually picks up.
>"Hello?" a voice whispers.
>It's definitely Pyro. But he's... whispering...? What...?

What do you want to say, commander?
>>
>>25772778
"Hey Pyro, it's Treads. Is this a bad time?"
>>
>>25772778
Did he loose his voice?
>>
>>25772822
that'd be odd
>>
Blah. I dozed off...

>>25772822
>>25772797

>You have to wonder what's going on. Did Pyrodex lose his voice? What's going on here...?
"Hey Pyro," you none-the-less greet. "It's Treads. Is this a bad time?"
>"A bad...?" he whispers, slightly strained. "Oh no! No... not at all..."
>He seems to be struggling not to raise his voice.
>"Nothing's wrong," he insists. "In fact, I think I might be close to something. If I can just... ernnneeee..."
>He sounds like he's concentrating really, REALLY hard. He forgets to breathe, continuing to make that strange, teeth-clenched noise with his throat until finally something apparently happens that causes him to let out a loud sigh of relief...
>And then you hear an increasingly familiar kaboom...
>"GAAAH! DAMN IT!" Pyro screeches. "I was SO CLOSE this time...!"
>He sighs, and sounds aggravated for about half a second before turning his attention back to the phone.
>"Oh well! Not to worries!" he says cheerfully, booming loudly into the phone now in a way much more characteristic of the Pyrodex you're familiar with, forcing you to hold the receiver a little away from your ear.. "That eyebrow'll grow back. Haha, so wadda ya need, Treads?"

What say you, commander?
>>
>>25773760
İ need your help with a deal i made
She said she wanted loud ponies and you're the loudest one i know
>>
>>25773760
"What were you close...Never mind. Could you come to the junk yard, I sort of said that you'd help shill for them in exchange for a tank."
>>
>>25748404
Heavy bump
>>
Don't you die on me, tanksport
>>
>>25778823
replacing some treads
>>
Pike Nose
>>
>>25776061
>>25775203

"What were you close...?" you start to question. "...Nevermind. Could you come to the junk yard?"
>"For you? Sure!" Pyrodex replies enthusiastically. "What for?"
"I need your help with a deal I made," you explain. "The owner said she wanted loud ponies and you're the loudest one I know... so I sort of said that you'd help shill for them in exchange for a tank."
>"Heeey, I'm not that loud! C'mon!" Pyro insists with a laugh. "I just have a... naturally projected voice... Yeah, that's it!"
>If only you were in the same room you would be giving Pyrodex SUCH a look right now.
>"Anywho," he continues, apparently deciding to let it slide. "So all I gotta do is come around and carnival bark for a bit and they'll give us a free tank!?"
"Yes..." you reply simply.
"I'lllll DO IT!" he agrees, almost blowing your eardrums cleaning out of your head in the process. "I'll be right there!"
>He clicks the phone down before you can tell him the address. You just have to hope he gets the right junkyard and that he knows where it is...

Well, that went about how you'd expect. Who will you call next, commander?
>>
>>25781815
Teapot should be next if I remember correctly
>>
>>25781887

>You dial up Teapot's number and he answers swiftly, after only three rings.
"Greetings, you have the Baron!" he announces, his voice ever-so-slightly tinged with pomposity... not that that's anything new.

How do you introduce the plan to Teapot, commander?
>>
>>25782508
Same thing we told pyro
Only second loudest tho
>>
>>25782508
>>25782567
After we finish up our call we should start heading back to the yard
>>
>>25782508
"Hello Teapot, this Treads. If at all possible can you come to the junkyard? Owner said she needs ponies who'll shill well in exchange for a free tank for the squadron. What do you think?"
>>
>>25782636
Maybe a little less...blatant? I think he'll blanch a bit if we go with 'junkyard' and 'shill'.
>>
>>25782890

If you have a different suggestion, then by all means.
>>
>>25782890
Just being brutally honest. Ain't gonna sugarcoat it.
>>
>>25783385
Sure. We already have one shill, if we lose this one, not too much skin off our nose.
>>
>>25782636
>>25782890
>>25783385
>>25783400
>>25782604

>Seeing as you already have Pyrodex signed up for shilling duties, you decide against trying to sugarcoat things for Teapot's benefit. It won't matter so much if he doesn't agree, so why expend the extra effort for a pony you don't even like very much?
"Hello Teapot, this is Treads," you greet professionally. "If at all possible, can you come to the junkyard?"
"Why on Equestria would I go there?" he questions, confused and faintly insulted.
"Owner said she needs ponies who'll shill well in exchange for a free tank for the squadron," you explain. "What do you think?"
>"I think..." he responds pointedly. "That you may have the wrong pony. I won't just 'shill' for any old product or business... and certainly not for free... How do I know this 'junkyard' of yours is up to standard, Miss Softly?"

What say you, commander?
>>
>>25783938
I don't really want to push it. Don't like him much anyway.

"Shame, but thank you anyway."
>>
>>25783938
"...I can't honestly tell you this junkyard compares to any other, I'm just trying to get the squad a tank for next to nothing. If you don't want to you don't have to, it's fine."
>>
>>25783968
>>25784043

"I can't honestly tell you how this junkyard compares to any other," you admit. "I'm just trying to get the squad a tank for next to nothing. If you don't want to, you don't have to. It's fine."
>"Hrmm..." Teapot grumbles. "Well commander, I'll think about it."
>A typical bit of reverse psychology there, albeit unintentional. Seems like it worked a little bit. Still, you don't really want to push it with a pony you don't like much anyway.
"Thankyou anyway," you say, simple and polite.
>"Farewell then," Teapot responds simply.
>You click the phone down and, shaking your head, dial up Gusty's number. As with Starry's, it goes to answering machine.
"Hey heeey, you've got Gusty's phone!" she greets flamboyantly. "I'm probably out doing something fun, so leave a message!"

-BEEP!-

What's your message, commander?
>>
>>25784711
This is Treads, I'd appreciate if you could get back to me as soon as possible. If all goes well you can help get another tank for the squad for practically no cost.
>>
>>25784799
Dont forget to say please
>>
Does /mlp/ have its own World of Tanks clan? Or something that isn't completely autistic so that tank fans like me can fuck around with fellow anons?
>>
>>25786453
İ dont know
Probably not
You should check the gane thread if its up
>>
>>25786474
Oh well.

So, anyone up for making a World of Tanks clan? Might be fun if anybody is willing to spend the money on it.

>You will never drive your T-34-85 head on into battle whilst holding out your broadsword with pegasus flying by.
>You will never lead a tank regiment tasked with the liberation of Nazi-Occupied Equestria
>>
>>25786453
I'm in EDF, that's good enough for me.
>>
>>25786556
I thought you said you wanted something that wasn't completely autistic.
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.