[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't this fucker on Broadway yet? He's too good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: daniel ingram.jpg (108 KB, 555x832) Image search: [Google]
daniel ingram.jpg
108 KB, 555x832
Why isn't this fucker on Broadway yet? He's too good for children's animation. I mean, he could at least make MLP his day job while he pursues something greater. In fact, that's exactly what he should do.

Ingram thread.

Also, how long has "Anonymous" been replaced with = on this board?
>>
S5 was relatively weak song wise honestly. Everything went into the CMC ep which was fine. Still, the Christmas album was nice.
>>
>>25688396
DT's song and the CMC's song with DT in the CMC episode are literally within the Top 5 in the entire series
>>
>>25688360
There's a lot more to a job than skillset. Yeah, he probably does have what it takes to get more lucrative and glamorous job, but I watched an interview he did, and he said he loved cartoons, and always wanted to work on them. He's got his dream job, and on top of that, he's worked his ass off long enough. He's probably just in the last few years been able to not only make a comfortable living, but also not have stressful hours. Going into a new field like that means starting from scratch again. He wouldn't be making the money he's making now, and he probably would have a ton of added stress.
>>
>>25688360
DHX is probably paying him top dollar to keep him working for their cartoons because they know that they won't find anyone as good as Daniel Ingram to make the songs. If they lose him, they lose a major part of what makes the show good and memorable and keeps us coming back for more. Music is powerful like that, and Daniel's music is no exception.
>>
>>25688360
Sure, he's written the odd clanger but some of his stuff has been outstanding. It suffered from over-exposure of course, but when I first heard This Day Aria I was amazed by the amount of epic on offer. The Cranky episode is redeemed by The Smile Song. Remember how everyone was mental over the cupcake song?

Ingram's contribution to making this show into the phenomenon it became cannot be underestimated. I will now replace my spaghetti.
>>
>>25688360
>Why isn't this fucker on Broadway yet?
I'm pretty sure he's heterosexual. Just a guy who likes cartoons and music, like a lot of us horsefuckers.
>>
Thought this nigga was Keanu Reeves from the thumbnail.

>>25688396
I liked most of the songs, but yeah i agree with this. Still, The Pony I Want to Be and the Magic Inside are GOAT
>>
>>25688360
I feel like I've seen this guy's face before
>>
>>25688396
"More That's Out There" was Defying Gravity-tier.

>>25688481
Huh. I hadn't thought of it like that.

Do you remember who/what the interview was with? I'd love to listen to it.

>>25688532
I'd say this is gr8 b8, but I actually think you might believe this.
>>
>>25688911
What? Is he gay? I could have sworn he talked about having a girlfriend.
>>
>>25688360
Didn't he once say he wanted to work with Disney?
>>
>>25688970
#notallcomposers are gay. None of the three men involved with The Book of Mormon were. In fact, one of them went on to write the music for Frozen with his wife.
>>
File: DealWithIt.jpg (102 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
DealWithIt.jpg
102 KB, 1000x1000
>>25688360
>>
>>25688360

Cartoons is bigger than broadway.

You do a good broadway show, you get a couple hundred gay guys and a handful of women who remember you longer than a week.

You do a good cartoon show, and you have entire generations who remember you.
>>
>>25689732
>You do a good cartoon show, and you have entire generations who remember you.
Ingram got lucky with MLP being popular with adults. What little girl even knows his name or what he does?
>>
>>25689737
>Ingram got lucky with MLP being popular with adults

That's not his only show, nor did he get lucky.

Every child will eventually grow up to be an adult. If you can stay in cartoons like Rob Paulsen and Maurice LeMarche you'll be famous among adults who grew up with you.
>>
>>25689777
>Rob Paulsen and Maurice LeMarche
No clue who either of those are. I bet I've heard plenty of their shit, too.

Also, I wasn't saying the Ingram was lucky to get hired, but lucky that the show took off with people who could actually give credit to the cast.
>>
>>25688360
How long has it been since the season finale?
>>
File: YakkosWorld.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
YakkosWorld.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>25689788
>No clue who either of those are.

Pinkie and the Brain, and that's just scratching the surface.

Rob Paulsen is like Tara Strong. He's in everything from the softest stuff for the youngest kids all the way up to Rick and Morty.

Picture very related.
>>
>>25689816
I Googled both of them after I made my post and saw that they were in a lot of shit I liked as a kid. My point still stands, I 100% ignored the credits as a kid and never bothered to go back and look as an adult. None of the little girls who like FiM and its music are going to know who Ingram is.
>>
>>25688360
Is he the most attractive member on the show staff /mlp/? I find him very attractive.
>>
>>25689909
I, too, find this human male quite attractive.
>>
>>25689839
>I 100% ignored the credits as a kid and never bothered to go back and look as an adult.

That's you.

The people who actually MAKE cartoons professionally DO read the credits and will hire people like Ingram without auditions because there's a lot less people in the world who can score a show than can read a script in a funny voice.

Broadway is a bunch of hard work for very little return professionally or financially even if you're in that world.

People who like music and cartoons, though? They still talk about Carl Stalling's work. Hell, so would you if you went back and read the credits.
>>
>>25688447
What about This Day Aria, Celestia's Ballad, My Past is Not Today, You'll play your part, and Pinkie's Lament?
>>
>>25688447
Yeah that was an excellent ep.

>>25688360
Every person I know who gave /mlp/ a chance ended up criticizing every aspect, but the music being surprisingly catchy. Always.
in 2013 or 14, I can't remember, we were with friends and began singing "Winter Wrap Up" I mean, they're no ponyfags. I might be the only one of the group browsing /mlp/ but we all know that song.
Why he's still working for Hasbro? Perhaps because he like ponies too much?
>>
File: Agent_Smith.jpg (39 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
Agent_Smith.jpg
39 KB, 625x417
>>25688360

Keanu Reeves is not working for Hasbro.
>>
>>25691056
>Why he's still working for Hasbro?

Prob just cuz contract terms.
>>
I'd ask if I'm the only one who doesn't like songs in cartoons but I already know the answer - neither do any of my friends. So, naturally I don't get the hype meme. For me he does a great job at the ambience though, my favorite little bit was in sleepless in Ponyville where Scootaloo was riding her scooter asleep.
>>
>>25691859
Are you talking about the background music? Cause they have a separate composer named William Anderson who does that. Ingram just does the songs
>>
>>25691128
>This
>>
>>25688360
who?
>>
>>25688360
ITT: dumb autistic bronies in denial.

He's too good for what? 5 year old girl standards?
He's a shitty elevator music nobody.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.