[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a lore thread? All of the questions you have about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 36
File: starswirl.png (463 KB, 1004x1024) Image search: [Google]
starswirl.png
463 KB, 1004x1024
Can we have a lore thread? All of the questions you have about the show's lore and speculation. Will we ever see Starswirl in the show, you think? What did you think of Griffonstone? What would a zebra kingdom look like? Any worldbuilding in S6? Let DEEPEST LORE autism run free here.
>>
>>25687191
I've always had a headcanon that the Elements of Harmony are actually the spirits of the 6 ponies from the hearth's warming eve story
>>
>>25687292
So what does that make the Tree of Harmony? They mentioned the Tree in the finale again. What exactly is it?
>>
>>25687191

I'm more curious about Sombra. Where did he come from? Why was he a blank flank? Are there more like him out there?

>>25687292

That would be an interesting connection for sure. Shame the tree and elements became irrelevant.
>>
>>25687698
Sombra got a backstory in the comics, basically he isn't actually a pony, he's was created by some creatures so he would one day set them free and take over Equestria
>>
>>25687698
Please do not look for the comics to answer that question. It's just full retard.

I'm curious about Luna who is supposedly some sort of emissary to non-pony species. In the EU she can speak manticore and actually tried talking to a group of dragons.
>>
>>25687741
so, a pony version of Shadow?
>>
>>25687741
>>25687746

I know of the comics. I came into the latest story arc expecting something halfway interesting but it quickly turned to shit.

I liked the idea of a group of ponies forsaking friendship and harmony and all that jazz for power. Had an idea where the Umbrum were an offshoot of Unicorns who were corrupted by dark magic after several generations of using it.

Their original leader may or may not have been another one of the Unicorn King's children who refused to leave their original home.
>>
>>25687794
Do the comic writers even watch the show, keep up with it, or communicated with the show creators in any way you find out what's new? Because with the shit they're pulling I doubt it.
>>
>>25687781
Funny thing is "Sombra" is just the Spanish word for shadow
>>
>>25687191
>Will we ever see Starswirl in the show, you think?

You already did, reclaiming his scroll at the end of the S5 finale.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1400x2154) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1400x2154
>>25687794
As much as I generally think the comics suck, I actually accept this one as as canon. The art is just so well done, and although hope is a fucking bitch, I like the concept of other worldly beings.

It's edgy, but just the design of the umbrum makes it acceptable to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 993x998) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 993x998
>>25688195
2spook.
>>
>>25688195
That's honestly one of the better looking art he's done. Not much of a fan of Price's ponies.
>>
>>25687836
Some of them watch the show. Others just get it from wikia synopsis. Other artists probably just go wikia too like Fogsitt.
>>
>>25688031
Supposedly it was just being sucked back into the void and was never going to be seen again.
>>
>>25687967
>Pshh, growl growl, filly
>>
>>25688195
I want to cum inside Hope.

The rest of this autistic bullshit can fuck off though.
>>
File: 1443418312945.png (56 KB, 298x268) Image search: [Google]
1443418312945.png
56 KB, 298x268
>>25687191
Quick /mlp/, Hasbro has chosen YOU to choose the voices of Scorpan and Starswirl.

Who do you pick?
>>
>>25688251
It really is amazing that the comic writers lack the ability to comprehend what makes the lore the show does so appealing, this is just edgy shit with a character no one likes. And how about that issue wasted on the villains teaming up?

So another lore question: do you think ponies always hated dragons or is there a story there?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1400x2154) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1400x2154
>>25688251
>I want to cut inside hope

>psssh, nothing personnel, filly.
>>
Will they ever explain Celestia's immortality? Probably risk explaining about life and death.
>>
>>25688273
Let's see, dragons with big teeth split into two groups where one are big guys for you and the other being greedy hungry mutes living in caves.

If anything, they're just scarier in context.
>>
>>25688282
About as likely as them explaining "the alicorns" that Celestia describes being raised by in The Journal of the Two Sisters.
>>
>>25688270
William Shatner and Patrick Stewart respectively
>>
>>25688273
>>25688280
WHAT WAS DELETED?
>>
>>25688294
It's weird though, because they can talk. In the EU they live with batponies. It's very strange, in one cave they live together. I'm not sure if they could show that in the show.
>>
>>25688297
What is even the deal with alicorns? Faust was always adamant that they weren't gods, and Twilight becoming one would seem to support that. But they're still insanely powerful and take on totemic, nature-spirit-like roles in the natural order. Not to mention they seem to live forever.
>>
>>25688273
Dragons are less shady than zebras but more vicious than a changeling. Plus there's the scale issues.
>>
I don't care what you fuckers have to say, I want to know more about the Equestria Girls lore. How many alternate dimensions are there? Why does Twilight have to destroy each dimension after learning everything about it? Is that how she moves onto the next one? Why?
>>
>>25688280
I'm imagining Cadenza with a manly voice with that manjaw.
>>
>>25688305
I deleted >>25688269, because stupid autocorrect.
>>
>>25688320
I think it's implied that they are the last of their kind but we don't know why. That leaked movie script was thrown out in all likelihood.

>>25688328
A great ally to Equestria if befriended.
>>
>>25688320
Alicorns are probably mutants, but not in the traditional way. Depending on WHEN Alicorns existed, show-wise, would bring a better answer as to why they exist, and why earth ponies get shat on in all four species when it comes to individual power levels.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 500x500
>>25688270
> Gilbert Godfrey as star swirl
> also...
> Guest starring...
> Gilbert Godfrey As scorpan
> and...
> featuring...
> Gilbert Godfrey As the mane 6
> "Good Godfrey"
> only on discovery kids
> because fuck Tutenstein.
>>
I would really like to know what would happen of the mane 6 of each world combined thier friendship power
>>
>>25688341
They probably had second thoughts, but I'm guessing they thought about adding a reference to Equestria Girls in the finale, given the amount of alternate timelines and shit.

My old headcanon was that it's simply a theory of evolution, where magic exists in lineage but no way of knowing that you have it, and thus technology came faster when the superior monkey race evolved.

Sadly the best we got was that the gods above saw the other gods have a world about high school and monsters, so they went and made their own world about high school, but with the backgrounds and the magic.
>>
Where are Spike's parents?
>>
File: image.jpg (319 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
319 KB, 2048x1536
>>25688429
>>
>>25688363
Who needs dragons when you have alicorns?
>>
>>25688367
I also wonder if there's some sort of difference between Celestia and Luna, on the one hand, and Twilight and Cadence, on the other.

Cadence, in particular, seems to have been a teenager in Twilight's youth and then gotten older. Is she a 'new' alicorn too? If so, she and Twilight both seem to have been elevated from normal ponies.

Whereas Celestia and Luna have been around for-fucking-ever, and we still don't know where they came from. They're also much more like deities than super-powered ponies.
>>
>>25688429
>>25688435

I've always imagined that Applejack's parents have a Fullmetal Alchemist-sort of story.
>>
>>25688398
Nuclear Harmonacaust.
>>
>>25688341
The series felt more of an afterthought. I doubt they'd go beyond the lore of friendship and villains of the year.
>>
>>25688441
Didn't see Celestia fixing all that smoke. And a dragon is the size of a mountain.
>>
>>25688449
Cadance was given a horn by Celestia, she's her "niece."
>>
>>25687191
I was really expecting him to appear in the S5 finale, you know being it about time travelling. According to the Journal of the Two Sisters, he knows about Twilight, so he must have travelled to the present once.
But we will see for S6. I have this theory of him being related to Starlight. Both are exceptionally powerful unicorns, Starlight was able to alter his spell without much efforts and her cutie mark looks like something that is similar to stars and swirls. If not related, I think she's going to become the next great mage like Starswirl.
>>
>>25688993
Starswirl's the big gun. They're going to put him off until the movie or the series finale.

Heck, they might be even trying to make some bullshit connection like Starswirl was Twilight Sparkle disguised as a hobo with a peculiar hat.
>>
File: strokes faceplate.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
strokes faceplate.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>25688270
Peter Cullen.

No seriously. It can happen.
>>
>>25687292

The Heart''s Warming Eve is a play, and not to be taken literally. There are several factual errors with the episode, like the flag featuring Luna and Celestia, ancient pegasus armor being identical in design to modern guard armor, and most importantly the fact you can't repopulate the world with only 3 female ponies, you need at least one male, and at least a few thousand to maintain genetic diversity and health.
>>
>>25689404
Unless futa was canon
>>
File: 1358034246421.jpg (188 KB, 1645x432) Image search: [Google]
1358034246421.jpg
188 KB, 1645x432
>>25687191
>What would a zebra kingdom look like?

Primarily nomadic, with a few permanent city hubs around river deltas and the like. Since they don't have control over the weather like pegasi do and Zecora digs at the ground to detect moisture similar to a real zebra, it makes sense to assume they're from a dry area, in which case nomadic is the only way to live.

In Equestria they're probably the founders of alchemy, at least if alchemy follows a similar evolution to real life. Zecora's style of alchemy is more similar to the Greco-Roman/Alexandrian roots or Islamic alchemy than it is to Western medieval alchemy, the kind of alchemy Twilight practices with Apple Bloom.
If this is true, it would make their cities centers for not only commerce, but also scholarship and the exchange of ideas, the merging of technology, religion, mythology, and philosophy.

Of course, nothing of this is set in stone, but it does explain Zecora's habits, why she's traveled so far from her homeland, and why she's taken influence from so many vastly different cultures and traditions.
>>
File: fedora chart.png (13 KB, 1045x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora chart.png
13 KB, 1045x720
Thoughts?
>>
>>25689888
What? is this a eugenics chart?
>>
Anyone else really hope that when they show zebras they don't all speak in rhyme?
>>
>>25689888
But the crystal ponies can have wings or horns too.
>>
>>25691176

Aside from Cadance, they can't. Are you referring to some animation error or something?
>>
>>25691176
Crystal ponies with wings and horns were never shown. Comics don't count.
>>
File: wake me up inside.png (419 KB, 469x568) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.png
419 KB, 469x568
>>25688215
>>
In Cadence's backstory it was revealed she was found as a baby by earth ponies in a forest. That raises a lot of questions I hope they explore
>>
File: f9FW2.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
f9FW2.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>25691195
>>25691196
So it would appear. Carry on then.
>>
I want to know how Celestia, Luna and Cadence got their Cutiemarks. At first I wanted to learn more about Alicorns as a race, but after the whole "lol ascension" trick Celestia pulled on Twilight (and Cadence apparently), I kinda lost interest in them.

Would have liked more about the changelings and mirrorverse travel, but the comics kinda ruined them for me, too.

I guess the only thing left that has my concern is what happened to Starswirl. Could he have died from old age? Maybe he was sealed away or scattered across time and space without a trace left in this world
>>
>>25691262

Such as? She might have fallen out of Cloudsdale like Fluttershy, she's apparently not a very great flier.
>>
Where do you think seaponies are?
>>
>>25691851
The water
>>
Cadence kind of fucks everything up regarding alicorns. If it were just Celestia, Luna, and Twilight, we'd have two not-gods and the most powerful magician in the show, who gets to ascend to a higher level of existence as the culmination of her character arc. That would be fine.

Cadence ruins everything.
>>
>>25691299
>I want to know how Celestia, Luna and Cadence got their Cutiemarks.
That is actually explained in the Journal of the Two Sisters.

Celestia and Luna got their CMs when they raised the sun and moon after Starswirl and a few other unicorns lost their magic raising the celestial bodies. The unicorns were the ones doing the raising and lowering, however after a few years their magic is completely drained and are left powerless. This has apparently been happening to unicorns who accepted this task for who knows how many years. However for alicorns, their power actually grows instead of diminishing, which Starswirl discovered after Celly and Luna performed the act. (This kind of bugs me because if alicorn power grows for raising the sun and moon, how come Celestia seems so much weaker than what she is supposed to be.)

As for Cadance, I'm just going off a summary for her chapter book, She defeated a sorceress with the love she stole from ponies. Celestia then recognized her as a true princess and made her an alicorn. I don't know if she had her cutiemark before or after that event.
>>
>>25687191
>Will we ever see Starswirl in the show, you think?
He'll make himself relevant again, but I don't think we'll ever see him. It's going to be references, or at most a flashback.

>What did you think of Griffonstone?
I'm a bit split on it. It naturally didn't fit the idea I had of it beforehand, but I can't blame the show for not following my headcanon. That would be supremely autistic.
It took them in a very different approach than most people had imagined, with Griffons being seen in fanon as a proud and martial race. But we got something else, something interesting. My only complaint is that Griffonstone felt so small, so minor, that it sort of makes the setting feel like there's nothing of note or importance outside Equestria. And that is a tone of worldbuilding I don't care much for. But seen isolated of that, Griffonstone was fine.

>What would a zebra kingdom look like?
Hopefully: Interesting and developed kingdom, inspired from shit like Axum or Mali if they need to take African inspiration.
Likely: Ongo Bongo Tribals.
But I guess we're never going to see it.

>Any worldbuilding in S6?
I'll be able to tell you once the hiatus is over.
>>
>>25692418
She got her CM when she got her horn.
>>
>>25692418
Celestia is canon extremely powerful, she just fucking jobs all the time. She's the Worf.
>>
>>25692588
>Celestia is canon extremely powerful
No, no she's not.
>>
>>25692612
Well she technically has to be. How else would you explain 1000 years under her rule after NMM with nothing destroying Equestria?

Maybe she got too old for this shit.
>>
>>25692654
Because the villains waited for someone who could actually beat them :^)
>>
File: heart.jpg (250 KB, 1093x1689) Image search: [Google]
heart.jpg
250 KB, 1093x1689
>>25687292
Not necessarily the spirits, but I like the idea that the six each picked up a stone from the cave and the stones got imbued with the spirit of harmony.
Also, I imagine the original Equestrian flag would have the flaming heart on it.
(pic relates).
>>
>>25687698
>>25687741
I prefer him as just a very powerful unicorn, a Starswirl gone wrong so to say.
Having him be born of darkness or something kinda cheapens the impact.
>>
>>25692654
>How else would you explain 1000 years under her rule after NMM with nothing destroying Equestria
Being a wise ruler in peaceful times is something else than being powerful or a good combatant. It's kind of telling how, aside from NMM, Celestia has never been show or mentioned to have defeated any threat alone.

>>25692726
Sensko?
>>
>>25688270
Cheech & Chong
>>
>>25687191
I've been thinking that they should have made Starlight Glimmer's childhood friend... Sunset Shimmer. Deepest Lore.
>>
File: 1448158106290.png (2 MB, 2092x2190) Image search: [Google]
1448158106290.png
2 MB, 2092x2190
Obligotory
>>
>>25692762
I might be.
>>
>>25692762
>Being a wise ruler in peaceful times is something else than being powerful or a good combatant. It's kind of telling how, aside from NMM, Celestia has never been show or mentioned to have defeated any threat alone.
Well, Tirek did take pains to level up before actually confronting the Princesses and Crysallis clearly didn't expect to be able to take on Celestia, even after sucking SA dry.
>>
>>25691262
One thing I found interesting is that they never really mention who the ponies that found her were not the name of the town where they found her. The only thing they specify is that they were earth ponies who lived in a earth pony village. The autist in me makes think that AJ's parents took care of Cadence in Ponyville for a short time before AJ was born
>>
>>25692855

Cringe thread is that way >>25687108
>>
File: 3 Knight.jpg (459 KB, 1849x1843) Image search: [Google]
3 Knight.jpg
459 KB, 1849x1843
O actually got tons of headcanon for pretty much any race on the show.

For example, I like to think that life in Griffonstone under the rule of the various kings had very strict guidelines meant to keep the griffons' baser instincts at bay.
Possibly taking the form of a code of chivalry.
>>
>>25693166
Griffons were the only ones who settled like ponies did I headcanon. Zebras, manticores, and dragons all had loose tribal organizations for defense.
>>
>>25692886
>Tirek did take pains to level up before actually confronting the Princesses
He wanted it to be personal:
>How does it feel, knowing that soon, every Pegasus, unicorn and Earth pony will bow to my will, and that there is nothing you can do to stop it?
He could probably have done the alicorns much sooner, but he didn't need to and didn't want to.

Also, princessES, he was up against the combined power of Celestia, Cadance and most notably Luna, Luna who is the most powerful magician in the setting (and the second most versatile, after Twilight) judging by actions on screen.

>Crysallis clearly didn't expect to be able to take on Celestia, even after sucking SA dry.
But she did. In a fair, straight up duel.

If anything, this shows that the rumors that have built up surrounding Celestia's power are widely exaggerated.
>>
File: 1 Khan.jpg (466 KB, 1815x1866) Image search: [Google]
1 Khan.jpg
466 KB, 1815x1866
Also, there are ponies all over the world, but the three races coexisting only happens in Equestria.

>>25693193
I'd add minotaurs to the list, though i'm not yet sure how civilized the should be.
I kinda prefer dragons as very solitary, with the great migration being a literal once in a century gathering for mating and stuff.
It's not like they'd need to band together for defense.
>>
>>25693261
I do like the idea of young dragons wanting to rock the boat about living alone, though. Maybe call a truce.
>>
>>25693201
>If anything, this shows that the rumors that have built up surrounding Celestia's power are widely exaggerated.
No, it shows how powerful Cadence and Shining Armour's love was.
Celestia and Luna have been shown to be extremely powerful (curbstomped Sombra, kicked Tirek's butt).
>>
>>25693357
That does sound pretty cool. Maybe banding together to get more loot.
>>
File: 1427408965204.gif (650 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1427408965204.gif
650 KB, 500x281
>>25693261
>I kinda prefer dragons as very solitary, with the great migration being a literal once in a century

That seems to be the case in the show canon. Not necessarily in the comicverse.

A lot of people forget we've actually seen two wild dragons, not just the one. Both are indeed extremely solitary.
>>
File: Blunderpony.jpg (411 KB, 1736x1632) Image search: [Google]
Blunderpony.jpg
411 KB, 1736x1632
>>25693437
>That seems to be the case in the show canon. Not necessarily in the comicverse
I do try to like the comics and they did some very cool stuff (the Nightmare Rarity arc, The Pirate arc), but that dragontown stuff was garbage.
IT's like the guy was trying to go against everything established on the show.

Pic extremely unrelated, a headcanon thing about a tribe of unicorns who worship G1 Tirek (in my headcanon "Tirek" is a title rather than a name, so there have been several).
>>
File: whydragontownisbad.png (37 KB, 1868x222) Image search: [Google]
whydragontownisbad.png
37 KB, 1868x222
>>25693408
>>25693437
>>25693489
The guy actually WAS trying to go against the show. Personally I think you can portray dragons in a different way and not turn them into that meta bullshit.

Hell, there's an EU book where batponies and dragons live right next to each other and the dragons respect Luna so much that they respond to a request for them to help defeat a monster attacking Ponyville. Now THAT'S the kind of thing dragons should do.
>>
File: 1 Ancient.jpg (530 KB, 1737x1672) Image search: [Google]
1 Ancient.jpg
530 KB, 1737x1672
>>25693581
>The guy actually WAS trying to go against the show.
That would explain a lot. I really don't like to use the term, but the whole thing struck me as a SJW throwing a fit about some percieved injustice.
>Personally I think you can portray dragons in a different way and not turn them into that meta bullshit.
The show does. With Spike. I'm still holding out for him getting a growing spurt from love/friendship instead of greed.
>Hell, there's an EU book where batponies and dragons live right next to each other and the dragons respect Luna so much that they respond to a request for them to help defeat a monster attacking Ponyville. Now THAT'S the kind of thing dragons should do.
Hmm, that does sound cool. I'd prefer it being the exception rather than the rule though. Maybe with some of the oldest dragons, assuming that dragons' temperament somewhat cool off with age.

Oh and I like to think of batponies as a seperate species, alternate Dash nonwithstanding.
>>
>>25693719
Batponies seem to be a subspecies of pony, a little bit further separated than your average pony race. They probably were more similar to ponies in the past but being isolated from them caused branching off into a new subspecies.

And yeah, it was pretty SJW in nature. I'm still kind of upset Luna was barely involved with the issue at all. I'm expecting some sort of cheesy explanation about love and friendship to cause Spike to grow or something, myself.
>>
File: tumblr_nki2jyFniu1t198cdo1_500.jpg (28 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nki2jyFniu1t198cdo1_500.jpg
28 KB, 440x300
>>25693804
>I'm expecting some sort of cheesy explanation about love and friendship to cause Spike to grow or something, myself.
I'm hoping for something akin to pic related, just with him growing instead of the sword and after admitting his feelings for Rarity, even if it's him accepting that she does not return them.
>>
>>25693943
Yeah that would make sense. Though I'd think it would be something closer to his identity.
>>
>>25693943
The Dargon of Harmony
He'll breathe rainbow fire and have big glowing crystal wings
>>
>>25694259
>Though I'd think it would be something closer to his identity.
What do you mean?
>>
So if the sun and moon are controlled then why do they make the days longer and shorter?
>>
File: sparity fine wine.jpg (190 KB, 677x605) Image search: [Google]
sparity fine wine.jpg
190 KB, 677x605
>>25694278
Maybe not to that extreme, but I'd like him to look somewhat regal, similar to the fullgrown dragons we got on the show while being around the size of Discord.
>>
>>25694282
Like, when he realizes what his "true self" is and finally figures out himself and has an epiphany. Basically I want him to have his own "cutie mark" moment.
>>
>>25694283
Because they figured out that not doing so meses with the cosmic balance of all things. Same goes for having regular seasons.
Duh.
>>
>>25694316
Yeah, this would look pretty good. Maybe explain it as some sort of magic.
>>
>>25694319
Oh, gotcha. Totally agree, the shipper in me just hopes it's gonna be related to Rarity.
There is seriously so much untapped potential in Spike. I hope we get around to it at some point.
>>
>>25693035
>Hyper speculation for pre-season finale hype
>cringe
>>
>>25694356
About as likely as Celestia being explained or developed, sadly.
>>
>>25694545

The left part featuring a cutout of a 4chan thread would be kind of OK, yeah.

The other half of the image that's riddled with unrelated bullshit and catchphrases and memes 12-year old might find funny, with no sense of structure or cohesion on the other hand...
>>
>>25694356
After Secret of my Excess and how Spikes evolution happens because of his greed and the way Rarity covered his mouth and teared up when he tried to confess his feelings made me interested in it. Before this I wasn't interest in either character
>>
File: dis incredulus.png (419 KB, 850x702) Image search: [Google]
dis incredulus.png
419 KB, 850x702
>>25688195
>he
>filly
>>
>>25688449
Abslutely there is. Celestia and Luna are 'born' Alicorns, nigh-eternal and immensely powerful even before they seized control of the sun and moon.

Twilight and Cadance are normal ponies that happened to tap into intensely powerful magic; the magic restructured their bodies to a form capable of handling it rather than kill them.

It's still a modification to a basically normal pony, however, and they are every bit as subject to normal pony issues like aging as any other Earth/Unicorn/Pegasus.
>>
>>25694685
It's very strange that episode happened and then nothing else.

>>25694705
It's like you expect an editor or something.
>>
>>25694685
Cadence is a decendant of a lineage of "lesser" alicorns that ruled the Crystal Empire until Sombra took over (see her cutiemark).
While quite powerful, she is a far cry off Luna and Celestia and is mortal and subject to aging.
Twilight is the first alicorn to actually ascent.
>>
>>25694837
>A lineage of lesser alicorns
>lineage of alicorns
>Skyla is coming
fug
>>
>>25694837
oops, meant to reply to >>25688449
>>
>>25689888
Trips cannot deny cladistics.
>>
File: estel and arwen.jpg (218 KB, 600x952) Image search: [Google]
estel and arwen.jpg
218 KB, 600x952
>>25694837
>Cadence is a decendant of a lineage of "lesser" alicorns that ruled the Crystal Empire until Sombra took over (see her cutiemark).
>While quite powerful, she is a far cry off Luna and Celestia and is mortal and subject to aging.
This only that she chose to give up her immortality..
>>
>>25687191
Prince Blueblood always confused me, as he doesn't appear to hold the title by marriage or any practical authority.

The current theory I have is that he's a result of a point in the treaty of the 3 tribes. The Unicorns were promised they could always have a prince or princess in Canterlot to pacify them; Blueblood is a direct descendant of Princess Platinum and current holder of the Unicorn throne. Time and political machinations have stripped what little power the position originally held, however, and he instead mostly spends his time being a figurehead and wasting the immense fortune built up by Platinum's line - which is, realistically, the only tool they have left.
>>
>>25689888
I like to think of Crystal ponies as the common ancestor of the three tribes.
Saddle Arabians should probably branch after Dokeys and Zebras.
Breezies and Changelings should branch of furthest in the past, if related at all.

>>25691196
>>25691195
There was a crystal pegasus guard in Three's a Crowd, crystal guard armour and all. No unicorns that I'm aware off, unless you count Sombra, who might not have been native to the Empire.
>>
>>25694716
>>25694837

What episode mentions this?
>>
>>25689404
What?

All the other ponies from the three tribes they left in the old country were still alive. They went back to get them when they got out of the cave.
>>
>>25694947
>The current theory I have is that he's a result of a point in the treaty of the 3 tribes. The Unicorns were promised they could always have a prince or princess in Canterlot to pacify them; Blueblood is a direct descendant of Princess Platinum and current holder of the Unicorn throne. Time and political machinations have stripped what little power the position originally held, however, and he instead mostly spends his time being a figurehead and wasting the immense fortune built up by Platinum's line - which is, realistically, the only tool they have left.
Sounds about right. There are nobles in that position all over Europe.
Also, before Luna and Celestia, Equestria was ruled either by a Tri- or Hexumvirate.
>>
File: crystal guard and waifu stealer.png (631 KB, 1071x615) Image search: [Google]
crystal guard and waifu stealer.png
631 KB, 1071x615
>>25694967

This one?

Either an animation error or a regular pegasus who's spent too much time close to the crystal heart (similar to what happened to the mane6), he's still got the regular pony pupils and everything.
>>
File: STTNG403Brothers38.jpg (88 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
STTNG403Brothers38.jpg
88 KB, 694x530
Did someone say Lore thread?
>>
>>25694969
None, as far as >>25694837 is concerned. Just speculation on my part.
>>
>>25694947
This has less to do with more and more Hasbro. He was originally "Duke Blueblood" but Hasbro assumed no little girl would know what a duke was. Obviously things have now changed, he probably should just be a duke.
>>
File: Celestia's_Nephew.png (19 KB, 503x515) Image search: [Google]
Celestia's_Nephew.png
19 KB, 503x515
>>25694947

Here's what Faust has to say on Blueblood (After Ticket Master, but before Best Night Ever, hence why the fan she's replying to didn't know the name Blueblood).

52 generations, or 1000+ years later, there wouldn't be much left of any fortune built up.
>>
>>25695055

In threads like these, it'd help everyone immensely if you properly disclosed stuff like that.
>>
>>25695019
>This one?
>Either an animation error or a regular pegasus who's spent too much time close to the crystal heart (similar to what happened to the mane6), he's still got the regular pony pupils and everything.
Why hasn't the same thing happen to Cadence/Shining/Flash then?
I'd say until further notice both interpretations are valid.
>>
>>25695078
Will try to keep that in mind.
>>
>>25695062
Same goes for Cadence originally being a unicorn, Twilight even refers to her as such on the show at one point.
Hasbro wanted her to be a princess, hence alicorn.
>>
>>25687655
Well, my theory is that Star Swirl, being a mage and all, could have possibly been like Methuselah in my religeon's Bible, except a mage horse. But his magic kept his blood going for a long time. And imagine, and remember, that Star Swirl was a protector of Equestria, and banished the Sirens, and could have probably used his last bits of magic to create a resting place for the Elements of Harmony to sit without losing magic, as was he, so he poured his magic into the Tree of Harmony, and not to mention the "legend" that came with the elements could have been a secret hidden within the tree, meant to reveal is the prophecy was true, and I doubt a superior, wise mage could mess up that bad. And in turn, knowing no normal pony could handle the elements combined, or that another princess wouldn't come about until after the elements were harnessed, there came the tale, the tree, and the box, a sealed power that was birthed by the elements in the bonds of emotions and sort of like Pandora's Box, if those who played God Of War can remember. Think of it, a power so strong that only those experienced can handle it, sort of like the Flame of Olympus, but put into a box with power, which had to be made by Star Swirl to keep it safe and protected.

So, how autistic is this hawk of horse shit?
>>
>>25695019
I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY
>>
>>25694969

A fuckton of expanded universe material, if you consider that stuff canon. The Journal confirms that Celestia and Luna were born alicorns and already naturally long-lived until the sun/moon-bond made them unaging. We also know Cadance was originally a pegasus, and definitely ages within the show.

Ergo, ascended alicorns are some sort of alicorn-lite that doesn't get the funky aging or absurd power Celestia and Luna do.

>>25695062
Yep. It'd have made much more sense if he was, but I'm running with what we got.

The stupid bit is they could have just called him "Lord Blueblood", "Your Grace", etc and gotten the same result without adding in the confusion of a prince.

>>25695015
>52 generations, or 1000+ years later, there wouldn't be much left of any fortune built up.
Properly cared for, it could absolutely last that long. Who's to say they haven't been adding to it with some deft political manipulation and backroom deals?
>>
>"In the ancient times, the first waking moments of anything that could be considered an element of the universe as we know it, there was Chaos. He preceded reason, understanding, the laws of time and space themselves. He ruled over his ever-changing domain in a state of eternal darkness, for light had not yet broken through the eye of the black void."
>"Chaos was a being, a force, and a world simultaneously. His appearance goes unremarked, for there was no light to shine upon his visage. He was the first of the Titans, and for time immeasurable he ruled as one with the untamed elements of the universe. No constants. No variables. Only Chaos and his realm."
>"There was no such thing as time while he ruled; he bent the universe to his will, and that will was one of darkness and confusion. Little is known of him or his domain."
>"What IS known is that one day during Chaos' rule, the Titan fell from his black tower where he commanded his world and hit his head on a jagged peak. His head split open, and from the liquids that spilled out burst two more Titans. They were Anarchy and Discord, and after his head had healed Chaos proclaimed them to be his brother-sons, fit to rule by his side."
>>
>>25695176
>"The three immortal lords of the infinite darkness ruled together as Chaos once did alone."
>"Each, as they would discover amongst themselves, possessed a certain aspect of the same shared spirit, the universe's chaotic state."
>"Discord represented the lawlessness of the universe. His conscious unwillingness to rely upon any consistency makes him come across today as a jokester, but in reality his boundless creativity would be a great contributing factor in the formation of the universe as we know it."
>"Anarchy represented the defiance of order in the personal sense. His magic was derived from a strong antithesis to obedience, and it is known through the word of Discord that he was often outspoken against the whims of his brothers."
>"Finally, Chaos represented the most powerful spirit of all: absolute unruliness in every sense of the word. Where Discord was intrapersonal, and Anarchy was interpersonal, Chaos was the incarnate of unreasonability, the King of Darkness that defied any standard that came unto him. And it was this kind of power that eventually made his brothers resent him."
>"Anarchy and Discord each hated Chaos in their own separate way. But where Anarchy was loud and harsh against Chaos, Discord was crafty."
>"He knew that in order to come out on top, he would have to rely on his creative wit rather than magic."
>"Discord claims that a millennium passed as he slowly but surely built up Anarchy's seething rage towards Chaos' unwillingness to change."
>>
>>25695195
>”Chaos’ lifeless body shriveled up into a ball and became the world. His bones became the trees, his skin became the soil, and his blood became the rivers and the seas.”
>”Together Discord and Anarchy utilized their newfound energy to their own whim. Anarchy rallied for progress and forward change, and Discord responded with boundless creativity.”
>”The two fashioned several new spirits from clay and gave them life. Among these were the five Senses: Visus, Sonus, Tactus, Gustus, and Odos. There were also the three Materati: Form, Color, and Shape.”
>”Soon the world was populated by scores of Titans, who under the command of Discord and Anarchy fashioned their kingdom.”
>”But even after all of his success, all of his creative measures, Discord still wanted more power. And here is why.”
>”When Anarchy plunged his blade into Chaos, he committed the very first murder. It was a fratricide, a patricide, and a regicide all in one.”
>”From this blasphemous treachery a new spirit was created, one that took no physical form and one that even Discord could not have foreseen: Evil.”
>”More powerful even than Chaos, Evil manipulated the Titans in ways they could not comprehend. It took hold of Discord and made him jealous of his brother.”
>”Discord felt that he did all the work in the creation of the world, and Anarchy simply supplied ideas. This was Evil’s doing.”
>>
>>25695156
>Who's to say they haven't been adding to it with some deft political manipulation and backroom deals?
Under Celestia? Really? You think she'd have allowed that?

But sure, with good investment the money could in theory last forever. It only takes one pony in 1000 years to make a poor decision though, and it's all gone.

I guess I'm just not seeing the correlation between the two that you do.
>>
>>25695139
I feel we need a based anon to analyze this.
>>
File: mountain.png (46 KB, 929x273) Image search: [Google]
mountain.png
46 KB, 929x273
>>25695156
The only EU material that truly is in continuity is the stuff that Meghan personally approves, basically. Stuff like the Berrow books and the AKR Journal.

I do like the idea that all of the non-pony creatures of Equestria absolutely hate Celestia and only listen to Luna and ponies working on her behalf. That seems to be what the EU does, would be interesting to see in the show.
>>
>>25695217
I'd have imagined the political cat-and-mouse between the Platinum's dynasty and Celestia has been a long, ongoing thing - as costly as it has been successful, it's still enabled them to remain relevant for a millennium.

Of course, if Blueblood fucks it up, it could very well be gone.
>>
>>25695215
>Discord lunged at Anarchy with a sickle fashioned from his father’s bone, IMBUED WITH THE ENERGY OF EVIL. There was a struggle, and witnessed by all the Titans of the land the maddened Discord murdered his brother and absorbed his energy.”
>”As Discord frenzied in the shower of blood that Anarchy’s corpse provided, Evil lost its grip on him. He realized the selfish act he had committed, and though he could not bring his brother back from the dead, he could ensure that it never happened again.”
>”Discord used his magic to imprison the spirit of Evil inside a vase, where it would remain for an eon.”

>”Discord continued to rule alone, influenced by neither good nor evil, in a state of eternal innovation. His creative spirit knew no bounds, and eventually, he grew tired of living in a world of Titans.
>”He wanted subjects that would truly be SUBJECT to the things he created, who could bear witness to all that came before them and all that came while they lived.
>”So Discord molded from the clay a creature that lacked the power of a Titan, but possessed his unique and creative spirit. He called the creature the pony, and he let it free upon the world.”

>”Now Discord always yaps about how the pony was his worst creation ever, Anon, but I can tell that even he doesn’t believe himself. Even he knows that the pony was by far the most unique creation he had ever molded.
>”It is said that the first pony to ever breathe Life was named Manedora, and when Discord set her upon the world she opened her eyes…”
>”And saw nothing.”
>>
>>25695139
Not the worst Star Swirl fluff i've heard, but I prefer to think of the Elements and the Tree as being part of the very building blocks of the FiM universe; too powerful for any one being to temper with, Discord being the sole exception, seeing as he is the very antithesis of harmony.
>>
>>25695246
>”For even now, after untold eons of creativity and innovation, Discord had neglected the inception of an instrument by which his mortal folk could view their world. The universe was still black, devoid of illumination.”
>”Discord set forth trying to find a way to allow Manedora to see all of the wonderful things he had created, but to no avail. Even with the powers of Visus, sight would not come to the mortal pony. And so Discord began to give up.”
>”Then, he had an idea. An idea so brilliant, no pun intended, that he was sure it would work.
>Discord imagined a spark of what he called light. From his infinite imagination he produced two great spheres of light, which he called Celestas and Lunas, and fixed them on a great rotating ring in the sky where they would always shine down upon Manedora.”

>”At last, the pony was able to see Discord’s colorful world, and to his surprise, she wasn’t too fond of it. Her mortal mind was structured in such a way to see things differently than Discord ever could.”
>”The chaos was too much for her, but it mattered not to Discord, because he realized that he could give this mare a great task. The Order in her mind meant that she did not possess the volatility that the Titans did.”
>”So Discord entrusted Manedora with the vase that contained Evil. He warned her never to open the vase under any circumstances. And so the pony built her home and set the vase at her bedside.”
“I have a feeling that this will end badly…”

>”For many years the vase sat dormant in Manedora’s cottage, while the Titans danced in the skies and Discord watched his creation closely.”
>”All was at peace. Or at least, so they thought.”
>>
>>25695276
>”Though the gods had flaws, they were immortal as well, and had an infinity to learn from their mistakes and recognize error when they saw it.”
>”This was not the case for the mortal Manedora, who with each waking morning longed more and more to know what was contained inside the vase.”
>”Her curiosity grew and grew, for it was her weakness as a mortal mare. Eventually she could not stand the mystery any longer.”
>”She had to know what the vase contained.”
>”So one night, while the Titans slept and Lunas pranced in the sky, Manedora carefully opened the lid of the vase and looked inside.”
>”Wave after violent wave of shock hit her as the spirit of Evil escaped from the vase, flying about the room, destroying everything. Manedora tried desperately to contain it, but it was in vain. She was no god.”
>”Evil escaped and spread its vile form across the world, an ever-shifting mass of energy devoted to making things bad.”
>”When Discord discovered that Manedora had disobeyed him, he was furious. Though he continued to create ponies, he cut off ties between the gods and their mortal subjects.”
>“The waking forces of Evil stirred the mortal ponies to anger and violence, and they began to hate the Titans for ignoring their pleas for help.”
>”Things spiraled into chaos. There was no order amongst them. This amused Discord, but the other Titans thought a bit less of it.”
>>
>>25695195
>>25695215

Shit, I missed a part. This was supposed to go in between these two:

>"And therein lied the quarrel between Anarchy and Chaos, Discord had discovered. Though anarchy and chaos seem to imply the same notion, in reality they are polar opposites."
>"Chaos is constant change, yes, but it never goes anywhere. It is a massless, shapeless, colorless blob trapped in an eternal state of non-cohesion."
>"Anarchy, on the other hand, is a lawless state that implies revolution; change moving forward. Anarchy wanted to make changes that would better the world, but Chaos refused, as was his nature."
>"Discord planted whispers in Anarchy subtly, until finally he asked Anarchy why they, after so long, were still subordinate to the absolute rule of Chaos."
>"'Surely', he would ask him, 'if we were truly brothers in his eyes, we would be equal? We would each make our contributions?'"
>"'But instead,' he would say so craftily, 'he ignores your pleas for progress. He builds his fortress upon an endless sea of nothing. He cares not for understanding, and he shuns reason.'"
>"And so in this way, Discord persuaded Anarchy to murder Chaos while he slept, using the jagged edge of the peak that broke off on Chaos' head when the two younger spirits were first conceived."
>"So Anarchy ascended the black tower and found Chaos abed. Before Chaos could even awake, Anarchy plunged the twisted knife into his stomach and together, Discord and Anarchy ate the organs of their late brother-father."
>"From this macabre feast Anarchy and Discord gained the powers of Chaos and ended his reign.
>>
>>25695290

>”Discord stole the marks of civilization from the ponies because he thought they could not be trusted with them. Among these was fire, the cornerstone of the mortal way of life. Without it, the ponies could not stay warm in the winter, nor could they cook their food.”
>”One Titan, Ponetheus, decided that enough was enough. He couldn’t bear to watch as the mortals starved.
>”Under cover of darkness, Ponetheus stole fire from Discord’s tower and descended from the heavens to give it back to ponykind.”
>”The ponies rejoiced and blessed Ponetheus for his generous gift. Discord, not so much.”
>”Enraged that one of his own Titans would openly defy him, Discord sentenced Ponetheus to-“
“Yeah, yeah, have his heart pecked out by eagles. I know the story, remember?”
>”- I was going to say that he was sentenced to be viciously tickled every day for eternity.”
“Wait, I thought your pony mythology was supposed to be hardcore? Where’d that go?
>”It comes and goes, Anon. Though Discord had made an example of Ponetheus, he could not bring himself to lessen his greatest creation a second time. He allowed the ponies to keep the fire and the rest of their civilized foundations.”
>”Eventually, Discord sensed a disturbance in the magical field that surrounded the world.”
>”He journeyed to the surface to find that the ponies were experimenting with the magic that was prior limited only to the Titans.”
>”However, to the ponies’ surprise, he did not anger at this; rather, he reveled in the marvelous unbalance that came with the magic.”
>”Discord had witnessed up to this point far too much order from the ponies to be to his liking, and the notion of certain ponies having more power than others delighted him.”
>”In his eyes, it reflected the hierarchy that the Titans possessed, and with such imbalance of authority came disharmony. Discord.
>>
>>25695348

>”Discord freed Ponetheus after one thousand years of tickling and used the Titan as a courier to find out the ponies’ deepest desires.”
>”They hailed the fallen Ponetheus as a hero, and he was quick to gain their trust and ask them about what they wanted the most.
>”Some wished to become great warriors; powerful, strong, brave, unwilling to bend even in the face of great hardship.”
>”Others wished to increase the presence of magic in the world, to cast spells that would rival those of the great spirits above.”
>”Still others watched the Titans dance in the night sky and wished to soar through the clouds with speed and grace.”
>”When Ponetheus returned to Discord with these wishes, the draconequus simply smiled and set out to grant these wishes.”
>”He first tasked Gallop, the spirit of nature and life, to grant the first group’s wish.”
>”She came with her gentle form down to the surface and gave the ponies great vigor and courage.”
>”Their descendants would become known as the Earth ponies, for their deep connection with the planet and its life.”
>”Next, Discord told Andromareda, the spirit of the ethereal, to grant the second group’s wish.”
>”Andromareda plucked the crystals from her starry gown and planted them into the heads of the ponies.”
>”They became the unicorns, imbued with the magical horns that grew from the crystals, able to harness the magical winds of the world to their fullest potency.”
>”Finally, Discord tasked Equavian, the spirit of the birds, to fulfill the wish of the third group.”
>”The spirit unfurled his gargantuan wings and granted to each of the ponies two feathers, which eventually grew into wings of their own.”
>”These ponies would be the pegasi, the bird-ponies that flap their wings through the sky and fill all others with awe and admiration.”
>>
>>25695380

That's all I have of this for now. Tell me if you guys want any more, I'll try to provide.
>>
>>25695380

God, use Pastebin like a regular person or something next time instead of flooding the entire thread with barely-related greentext stories.
>>
>>25695394
Pretty okay I guess.

>>25695404
But this.

Anyway, you think there's more to think about with the giant Arimaspi skull place?
>>
>>25695236

WHY do other creatures listen to Luna?

Fear, and thus respect? Unlike Celestia she doesn't wear silk gloves?

Or because they see Celestia as narcissistic and self-absorbed, as underdogs they can better relate to Luna?
>>
>>25695749
Honestly maybe it comes from the idea that she's willing to stand up to her sister. Maybe they admire her spirit or something.

They hate Celestia because she doesn't give in and always thinks about ponies first. Luna is more sympathetic. So the latter.
>>
I have theorized that the star that shines on the planet in which Equestria resides is an extremely small star - possibly even a white dwarf. I have also theorized that the planet that MLP takes place in is in a tidally locked orbit with its host star.

The reason why Celestia "moves" the star is to keep the planet alive. Otherwise, one side of the planet would be barren and the other side would be frozen. Celestia may have been elected as the most qualified by an ancient council of sorts.

If Equestria's star was a G-type star like ours, then it would require a staggering amount of energy to move. In addition, the movement would have to be very slow, or else the outer layers of the star maybe stripped and lost to outer space. A white dwarf on the other hand is incredibly dense and compact, and would continue to burn for billions and billions of years, even as it was being moved by Celestia.

>tl;dr The star giving warmth to Equestria is most likely a white dwarf and Celestia must move it because the planet is in a tidally locked orbit due to low gravity relations.
>>
>Power levels within MLP

Has anyone ever tried to actually rate ponies based upon estimates of power level? I think this is something that, if it hasn't been done, is long overdue. I'm sure that discussion would last a while.

>My guess from strongest > weakest

>Discord ??? Nightmare Moon
>Celestia ??? Luna
>Chrysalis
>Cadence ??? Alicorn Twilight
>Sombra ??? Starswirl
>Sunset Shimmer ??? Starlight Glimmer ??? Unicorn Twilight
>Shining Armor

It seems like characters come in power-level pairs, and it's really difficult to narrow them down precisely.
>>
>>25696512
My take:

Starswirl the Bearded
Tirek at MAXIMUM POWER
Discord
Nightmare Moon
Cadence + THE POWER OF LOVE
Chrysalis
Celestia
Luna
Twilight
Cadence

Not sure about the rest
>>
>>25696749
I'm curious why you place Starswirl so high. Tirek literally took all the magic from everyone in Equestria, including Discord, and 4 alicorns.

Starswirl didn't even have access to the "magic of friendship", and never achieved alicorn-hood. I'd personally assume he'd be the strongest unicorn in history, but not over experienced alicorns. Perhap he's stronger than Chrysalis or Sombra
>>
>>25696777
Honestly, no reason other than headcanon. I really like the character (and mage/sourcerer characters in general). If I were being more serious about his power ranking, I'd put him around Celestia tier, but that's based off what little I know about his actual power. I'm not sure what canon works he's been mentioned in other than the show.
>>
>>25696512
Careful. This way lies waifuism and headcanon wars.

Anyhow, here's my presumption on how things go:

Tirek (full absorbed state)
Twilight (w/ all alicorn magic)
Celestia/Luna (collectively)
Discord
Sombra
Cadance/Shining Armor (collectively)
Chrysalis (full powered state)
NMM / Luna / Celestia (individually)
Starlight Glimmer
Chrysalis (partial power state)
Twilight
Cadance
Shining Armor
Trixie
>>
>>25696947
I think it's probably best if we work with their base levels, instead of any boost they might have obtained. Tirek isn't strong by himself, and only really succeed because of a failed containment plan.

I'd order it something like:

Stuff Above Born Alicorns:
>Discord or NMM
Born Alicorns:
>Luna or Celestia
Corrupted Beings:
>Chysalis (Normal State) or Sombra
Created Alicorns:
>Twilight or Cadence
Unicorns (IN ORDER:)
>Glimmer
>Sunset
>Shining Armor
>Trixie

The question is how we separate
>NMM from Discord
>Celestia from Luna
>Sombra from Chrysalis
>Twilight from Cadence

We'd need to use some clear indirect methods of comparison to do that.

Also, it might be interesting to attach some numerical value to them if possible. Obviously those would be highly based on estimation, but in some comparisons, they might be useful.
>>
bamp
>>
>>25695019
I would honestly give Sentry a chance if he's given a character more than being a love interest or a perfect boyfriend musician.
>>
I kinda wish that the next season would be the last season, along with the movie. I don't want the ride to reach a tier worse than postmovie spongebob.
>>
>>25698282
I've only seen improvement in each coming season. I only worry for the sanity of the people behind the show.
>>
>>25698315
That's another reason. The oldfag creative team is either moving on or leaving.
>>
>>25696749

Based purely on what we've see characters do in the show unaided:

Discord > NMM, reality warping vs plain energy blast
Celestia > Luna, in Discord flashback, Celestia carried the element of magic.
Sombra > Chrysalis, enslaving Crystal Empire vs shapeshifting
Twilight > Cadence, time travel vs love spell

>>25697625
>>25696947

If you're going to count characters under special circumstances, then the top would have to be mane 6 + EoH/Rainbow Power.
>>
>>25688195

If you accept that as canon, Sombra is transgender.

Note: FILLY.
>>
>>25688248

Explain why a Starswirl spell interacts perfectly with a castle nobody knows a thing about, except possibly Starlight figuring it out.

Starswirl, by the way knew shit about the Tree of Harmony nobody else did (from the Two Sisters book).
>>
>>25688270

Peter Cullen and Patrick Stewart, respectively.

Though I'd take Sean Connery for Starswirl instead if you want old crotchety bastard.
>>
>>25698725
>>25698725
Curnow openly does not do his job. Even Price pokes at this.

>>25698741
All Starswirl magic works similarly I would guess.
>>
>>25698636
>lists that Sombra enslaved his own people
>not he fact that he made an entire city disappear
>>
>>25693201
I always maintained that Celestia probably could have won vs Crysalis, but she held back too much because of potential collateral damage to other ponies present. As for NMM she must've been able to overpower her sister to still be around in some of those alternate timelines in the finale. Also, does anyone find it odd both Celestia and Luna were in the Discord reality? How did Celestia save her sister without Twilight and the elements?
>>
>>25688449

Which, incidentally could explain the lack of alicorns.

Equestria's magical field suffered some kind of catastrophic change, forcing most of the alicorn race elsewhere until it recovered.

That new alicorns are finally beginning to appear indicates the return is coming...

>Along with the Horrors. It has been ten thousand years since the end of the Sixth Age and the obliteration of Humanity and other intelligent races came to pass, an Age in which harmless herbivores painfully evolved to replace them and harness the gradually increasing mana around them.

>The magic rose. The Alicorns came. Then the Horrors followed to Scourge again, and the Alicorns set much of the magic of the world to go fallow, lest the Horrors rise from Tartarus, the Gate to the Deep Netherealms. They sleep, as the True Dragons once did with only the least of their number to set the moon and sun. This was the Seventh Age, where magic still was felt in the world but as a glimmer of the astral, rather than a torch.

>Twilight Sparkle marks Magic waking from it's induced dream, and the Eighth Age begins as it begins to wax once again.

>Earthdawn Pony When?
>>
>>25687191

Because of advanced potionmaking and skill working with materials, Zebras have extensive jungle cities and highly advanced medicine. Zecora stays in Everfree because it reminds her of home. They have a stoic attitude towards the world and a highly developed system of martial arts. Major personal disputes are settled by single combat.

Griffonstone was probably the best lore added this season, although it was basically a ruin when we see it. I imagine that, in its glory days, it grew rich as a center of commerce over the mountain range where it is located, so Griffons have a strong history of trade and of neutrality with the other countries.
>>
>>25689888

Trips indicates it's genetics time.

Yep. There was most definitely a proto-Equus, which evolved into other forms.

Crystal ponies are a beneficial, long-term and stable mutation from the modern pony- which is why the "crystal" effect can express itself in non-Empire ponies temporarily, but is a stable state in Empire ones- they've developed a permanent change to handle the constant radiation of the Heart.
>>
>>25697625
These are my power rankings, not final, but as I see it
Rainbow power elements
Alicorn Magic infused Twilight
Full power Tirek
Elements of Harmony
Discord
Starlight Glimmer?
Alicorn Twilight max power alone
Crystal heart infused Cadance
Sombra
NMM
Chrysalis hopped up on Shining Armor
Celestia
Luna
Alicorn amulet Trixie
Unicorn Twilight
Shining Armor
Cadance
Lots of other unicorns
Trixie
Snips
Snails
>>
>>25699001
Would put Starlight under Alicorn amulet Trixie, but otherwise I agree.
>>
>>25700000
Leling at them quints mang.
>>
File: 194356287.jpg (58 KB, 800x441) Image search: [Google]
194356287.jpg
58 KB, 800x441
>>25700000
>>
>>25700000
quints confirm amulet Trixie > Starlight
>>
File: AWAKEN MY MASTERS!.png (666 KB, 744x797) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!.png
666 KB, 744x797
>>25700000
QUINTS CONFIRMED, GET FUCKED STARLIGHTNIGGERS
>>
File: 1449373523994.png (363 KB, 1641x936) Image search: [Google]
1449373523994.png
363 KB, 1641x936
>>25700000
>>
>>25700833
AWAKEN MY MASTERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEbsZpweDo
>>
>>25700833
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!
>>
>>25696512

Elements of Harmony
Discord
Tirek
Luna
Sombra
Celestia
Chrysalis
Twilight
Starlight Glimmer
Cadance
Shining Armor, Trixie

Each character can easily move up two or three levels if they have a good day and the right circumstances, for example how Tirek managed to beat Discord when he had all the magic in Equestria, or how Cadance and Shining Armor managed to banish Chrysalis
>>
>>25698636
>Celestia > Luna, in Discord flashback, Celestia carried the element of magic.
I don't think that scene means anything, they've always been described as sharing all the elements, and of course, magic is in no way inherently stronger.

Also, it'd be really weird if Celestia was magic instead of Luna, when Luna performs the most complex spells we've seen in the show and has a repertoire rivaling Twilight's.
>>
>>25698741
>Starswirl, by the way knew shit about the Tree of Harmony nobody else did

The castle and table is deeply connected to the Tree of Harmony, they're pretty much one and the same.
>>
>>25698900
>I always maintained that Celestia probably could have won vs Crysalis, but she held back too much because of potential collateral damage to other ponies present.
There's literally zero evidence even hinting at this, though. It doesn't even make sense from a logical standpoint considering everyone else has been able to tone their magic back to a suitable level (even Quadruple-alicorn Twi managed to do it somewhat on the fly) and the fact that changelings are running around tearing the city apart, injuring god knows how many ponies.

>does anyone find it odd both Celestia and Luna were in the Discord reality? How did Celestia save her sister without Twilight and the elements?
The spell is breaking apart, and the world is making less and less sense, it's similar to the other Starswirl spell that messed with destinies and swapped cutie marks. Rainbow Dash couldn't have found a talent for taking care of pets, because that's not her talent, but it's still her cutie mark because a spell warped her to be that way.
Same thing with the world in the finale, Zecora talks about it a bit.
>>
>>25698636
In the flash back, did NMM banish Celestia to the sun? I think I saw people mention this somewhere else. If so, doesn't that mean she's able to do magic equal to the elements of harmony? Unless we say NMM can wield the elements, there isn't any other real explanation.

Sombra > Chrysalis
We don't know how he banished his Empire. More then likely it has to do with crystals instead of his raw power.

>Twilight > Cadence
I don't think thats a good point. We've never seen any other alicorn time travel, so I guess Twilights also stronger?
>>
>>25701775
>In the flash back, did NMM banish Celestia to the sun?
NMM never banished Celestia in the flashback, Celestia defeated her using the elements.

Did you mean in the alternate reality in the season finale? In that scenario, NMM banished Celestia in the moon.

So yes, in that sense she's equal in power to the elements.
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.