[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck can't Twilight's friends have an important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
Why the fuck can't Twilight's friends have an important role during two-parters? I don't know divide them into pairs or something and focus on each group. Is there some law that prevents it? Have they tried and it didn't work? What is their excuse? In the middle of the season it's fine but whenever there's something huge happening everything stops and we see Twilight (and sometimes other princesses) on some special missions. It's so boring. I want everyone to be involved. At least the pilot gave everyone something to do.
>>
File: forty keks.jpg (16 KB, 233x205) Image search: [Google]
forty keks.jpg
16 KB, 233x205
>>25634881
>Expecting anyone but Princess Mary Sue to play important roles in Princess Twilight© Sparkle© Show™
>>
Twilight was almost nonexistent throughout the season.
>>
>>25634881
I do agree, that Mane 6 save for Twilight all had insignificant roles in Season 4 and 5.finales.
However, openers were pretty OK in my opinion. And in first three seasons, they also had pretty significant roles. Also, Twilight had considerably less screen time during this whole season in compensation for the finale.
So, we can't state that openers/finales are 100% Twilight's thing, yet.

That being said, I would love to see finale being focused on other member of Mane 6. In an ideal world, where writers don't fuck up dragons, I would pretty fucking hyped to see Spike centered opener/finale.
>>
>>25634911
Really? That's great. That means there's absolutely no logical reason why every big event needs to be the same where there are so many other things you can do for a change. Even a story where everyone including Twilight is important would be a huge improvement.

I'm only curious if anyone called them out on it because it's the fifth fucking season.
>>
>>25634950
Twilight is the only who has the big dumb fight with the main villain. It gets worse if before that Celestia talks to her in private as if they want to protect the rest.
>>
Don't worry guys, S6 finale is going to be a Starlight Glimmer episode.
>>
First of all it's genuinely hard to cram in 6 characters and give each of them their own separate storyline and individual scenes for themselves.

Second of all don't expect that out of the same executive retsrds which write the characters like they're on cocaine or are reading off a script in the most blatant way.
>>
>>25634950
I was mostly agreeing with you, until the spike part
>in le bin
>>
>>25634881
They did it pretty well in The Best Night Ever.
>>
>>25634905

As pointed out by >>25634911 The show doesn't really focus on Twilight during all of the slice of life episodes in the middle of the season. Twilight is only really focused on with the finale now and petty princess shit episodes. Hell her friends outshine her during some of the episodes just so she can take the lion share of credit later.

IMHO the staff is still having trouble writing for princess Twilight and none of them want to fall into the trap of placing her on a golden pedestal anymore like Meghan used to do.

Hell Twilight got her ass handed to her by a regular Unicorn this finale and she only came on top because Glimmer stopped fighting her after she realized the harm she would do if she stopped Rainbow.
>>
>>25634881
They handled Twilight's friend A LOT better then the S4 2-parter. Her friends all took a proactive role in trying to make things better for Equestria during all the major alternate-timelines. In both the Chrysalis and Sombra wins timeline all of Twilight's friends helped in the resistance while she was probably being a NEET and probably being a shut-in like Moondancer.

In the NMM wins ending both Rarity and RD arguably did the right thing by standing behind NMM since she was the best thing going for it since Celestia was banished.
>>
>>25634881

Did you watch any of the two parters in S1, S2, S3, the first of S4 or S5? They were crucial to the outcome for more than ransom purposes.
>>
>>25635522

Exactly. The S1 two-parter tried to make each character important, and it was just too much to make a good story in the time allowed. Each of their contributions seemed silly.
>>
>>25634881
I'll never understand where this whole "Twilight's taking over the show" concept is coming from. If anything, the opposite is true, since she was involved in the entirety of season 1 and barely present for most of S5.
>>
>>25637808
It was a valid complain in S4 where non of the staff really knew how to handle post MMC Twilight and Meghan's writing made it seem like she was more important then her friends. In season 5 they just kinda kicked her off to the side and sometimes tried and failed to bring back some of her old unicorn Twilight charm.
>>
>>25638229
>failed
Well, that's your opinion.
>>
File: 1388487021388.jpg (66 KB, 270x302) Image search: [Google]
1388487021388.jpg
66 KB, 270x302
>>25637777
Well shit, even though I disagree with you, kind sir, dubs gods seem to be on your side today.
I hereby withdraw my opinion and leave this thread.
>>
>>25638256
There was some episodes were Twilight (and even Spike) was handled well. Amending Fences is probably the best example.
>>
File: 105445__UNOPT__.png (124 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
105445__UNOPT__.png
124 KB, 571x800
>>25634881
>Twilight's friends are useless in two parters.
>the last one literally told us the entire fate of Equestria hinges on Rainbow Dash doing the Sonic Rainboom.
>>
>>25639508
And in the S4 finale she couldn't beat Tirek 1v1 and they were only able to beat him due to the objects each of the mane 6 acquired through meaningful experiences during the season
>>
>>25634881
They all had significant screen time in Friendship is Magic and Return of Harmony and it was Fluttershy who ultimately foiled Starlight in The Cutie Map. Twilight was still instrumental in saving the day though since she is the main character, believing otherwise is foolhardy. The show reminds me a bit of shonen anime in regards to always shoehorning the main protag into saving the day even when other qualified individuals could get the job done.
>>
>>25634911
>Castle Sweet Castle
>Amending Fences
>What About Discord

Have you been watching the show?
>>
>>25639646
It doesn't help much when they only come in at the very end to solve everything. Meanwhile, Twilight gets an overblown pointless DBZ fight while her friends and family are imprisoned and sidelined.
>>
>>25639508
>>the last one literally told us the entire fate of Equestria hinges on Rainbow Dash doing the Sonic Rainboom.
>mentioned as a sidenote at the very end
The finale still treated her like shit and not that big of a deal.
>>
>>25639508
Twilight herself said that it's cause unraveling one friendship has great effect on the whole. It was the relationship of the gang that mattered in the end, no one event.
>>
>>25637777
to be fair, the original idea was supposed to be season long, but got condensed
>>
>>25634950
A Spike origin finale that has some big dragon fight would be nice.
>>
>>25634881
I'd rather have a two-parter where another one of the Mane 6 (not Twilight) tackles the big problem, instead of focusing on all of them.
>>
File: 1432397205965.png (212 KB, 677x677) Image search: [Google]
1432397205965.png
212 KB, 677x677
>>25634881
I think I'm more annoyed that every major villain introduced in these are some type of magical genius that no one has heard of before who can give alicorns trouble. Why can't a villain be a threat without forcing this route?
>>
>>25640070
>It was the relationship of the gang that mattered in the end, no one event.
Still needed the Sonic Rainboom in the end. Otherwise, they all wouldn't have met, especially for Twilight.
>>
This is just one of the many reasons the finales and openers have been shit since the season 2 finale.
>>
>>25640176
They met when Twilight came to Ponyvile and cemented the bond cause of Nightmare Moon, not the Sonic Rainboow.
Cutiemarks =/= friendship.
>>
>>25640239
You fuckin idiot. The whole reason Twilight went to Ponyville was because Celestia sent her there. And she wouldn't be sending Twilight anywhere unless Twilight did her powerful magic stunt as a filly that Celestia saw so Twilight would become Celestia's personal student.

Without the Sonic Rainboom to allow Twilight to do her feat, she wouldn't have went to Ponyville ever to meet her friends at that exact point.

You're also forgetting that Pinkie would definitely not had taken up party planning, thus she wouldn't have come to Ponyville as well.
>>
>>25634881
It would have been cool to see the mane 6 react to their respective alternate universe counterparts.
>>
>>25640279
You are correct, but remember that only the mane 6 were affected by the Rainboom. They were destined to become friends, this is evidenced by the Tree of Harmony which presents their cutiemarks. Dash played her part.
>>
File: 1448111620690.png (303 KB, 898x638) Image search: [Google]
1448111620690.png
303 KB, 898x638
>>25640279
And if Twilight hadn't attended the Summer Sun celebration as a filly she wouldn't have been aspirated to follow Celestia and study magic in the first place. See how that works you retard. One leads into another and there are multiple factors. But one doesn't cause the whole. Sorry you waifu isn't some special snowflake.
>>
>>25635062
And Starlight Glimmer will replace Twilight Sparkle as the new Princess of Equestria and Twilight will be back into her unicorn form in S6 finale.
>>
>>25640147
Unfortunately it's the least likely option.
>>
File: q5f6aOS.jpg (736 KB, 947x761) Image search: [Google]
q5f6aOS.jpg
736 KB, 947x761
>>25634881
>S4 premiere
Twilight & Discord centric

>S4 finale
Twilight & Discord centric

>S5 premiere
Twilight & Glimmer centric

>S5 finale
Twilight & Glimmer centric

I'm pretty sure the rest of mane6 will only become a character in their respective slice of life episodes from now on. The main storyline is all about Twilight and her befriending new characters, mostly villains.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.