[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Multiple timelines theory.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11
https://mobile.twitter.com/joshhaber/status/671435721077583873

Doesn't Josh Haber just agrees that this multiverse scenario is the only acceptable ending to S5's finale, therefore there are timelines where Glimmer gets killed, imprisoned or...wins?
>>
>>25621177
The S5 ending should be dismissed as a writer's tool, and nothing more. If we treat each alternate universe as "canon", then it absolutely destroys any means of measuring comparative power between specific entities like Discord, Nightmare Moon, Tirek, etc. It gets messy really quickly, and really can't be accurately understood.
>>
File: 25600112.jpg (212 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
25600112.jpg
212 KB, 900x1200
>>25621177
why is everyone keep reposting this retarded graph? it just has a bunch of extra fucking lines to make it look more "sciencey"

at least use something that has a semblance of flow.
>>
File: 1416649100564w.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1416649100564w.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1200
>>25621210
Because there should be an infinity of lines just like an infinity of consequences.

It looks complex but in fact it's the one I prefer, because it's a good example on how quantum mechanics works without the need to go on something absurdly intellectual. It's simple and should remain simple.
Also this might explain you OP's idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ywn2Lz5zmYg#t=170
>>
>>25621177

The big question on this model is:
> These branches can connect back
> Discarded space-time continuum branch where they no longer exist
>(Supposedly the branch grayed out, pictured connecting to the timeline where Twilight exists again)

What force would do that? Super-gravitation?
>>
>>25621210
Sorry Anon, but that graph has a very monotonous flow, the orientation of it makes it hard to understand/read at first, and over all doesn't have good aesthetic appeal.
I would recommend that you and the creator of that graph take some sort of graphic design class.
The OP pic graphic has a pretty decent flow; the lines are rather tame on the left side and gradually open up as they go to the right.
This flow should cause the eye to follow the lines and events in a "chronological" fashion.
Not to mention, most of the important information is held on the right side of the page, the place that the viewer is most likely to start.
And yea, the copious amounts of colorful lines ARE just to make it look more "sciencey."
The design of the graph carves a nice groove in your mind that says "hey, this looks pretty!" effectively extending the graph's lifespan and popularity.

Hell, the biggest sin of the OP pic graph is the botched English at the top.

>>25621371
Anon, gravity has absolutely nothing to do with the way time lines are formed or anything.
The stupid thing about this graph is how choppy the English is, making it a bit hard to decipher what the fuck is being said.

>and sometimes these branches can connect back to the main timeline of events when everything is similar.
I think what the author is trying to say is that some of the parallel/branched dimensions, though different, are supremely similar to the "original."

The actions/interactions of every particle molded the universe the way it currently is.
For every single on of those actions/interactions, a separate timeline is created where those actions may or may not take place.
(look up quantum suicide for a more in depth explanation).

According to this theory, the universe/timeline/dimension that Twilight was in at the end of the finale, is NOT the same as the one she started out in.
>>
File: other_mane_six_vector_619.png (107 KB, 350x287) Image search: [Google]
other_mane_six_vector_619.png
107 KB, 350x287
>>25621504
>According to this theory, the universe/timeline/dimension that Twilight was in at the end of the finale, is NOT the same as the one she started out in.

That's where it gets all ogre: They can only go to alternate futures, and they could have gone to an alternate future where chaos and destruction reigns, or one where Tirek did not destroy Twilight's tree. One where Discord took over and been protecting Equestria from Sombra's army...
One where the mane six is completely different, and doesn't understand how Twilight got her wings when she comes back.
One where Celestia and her royal guards raids Twilight's castle:
"Starlight Glimmer! I sentence you to be banished to the moon or life imprisonment to Tartarus, for conspiracy and attempting a coup d'état against Equestria!"
One where during her fall, Fluttershy flips back, takes back the control and perform a sonic rainboom instead.
All theories are possible at this point, that will give us enough fuel for the hiatus to come. It leaves a lot of freedom for re-doing everything from the rainboom episode.
>>
There is nothing more pitiful than pseudointellectuals and writers pulling the multiverse card.
>>
>>25621612
it's a pony universe, it's for fun anon. don't be so anal!
>>
File: 1421234488842.jpg (219 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1421234488842.jpg
219 KB, 640x1136
>>25621177
>Darkdoomer/Patachu
I think he can be smart sometimes and has a good imagination but Jesus, why does he has to be such a /pol/tard- Anonymous asshole?
I still like the idea of this infinite possibility timeline, this makes a lot of stories to be explored from the finale.
>>
>>25621769
Whoa wait maybe that's what he wants, to justify all kind of headcannons shouting MUH FREEDUMS so writefags will follow these edgy timelines or follow his RULEZ R DUMB logic, I don't think it's such a good idea.
>>
>>25621793
Seriously?
Are you complaining because this >over9000 timelines gives writers and artists more freedom of action?
>>
I wish I was in the timeline where they never hired in Josh Haber.
>>
>>25621769
>>25621793
>>25621800

fuck you guys i don't know anymore, even if he's regulary banned for posting anthro twice a week, he's still doing things like that. And I like this autistic chart.
>>
File: Plot.png (24 KB, 701x146) Image search: [Google]
Plot.png
24 KB, 701x146
DD's an asshole but I can't hate him as long he remain creative.
His story better feature Lorelei Kernav
>>
File: penn.jpg (33 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
penn.jpg
33 KB, 500x545
>>25621612
>>25621793
Who allowed you to post outside of your containment board?

Now I'd like me some green out of this multiverse woo.
>>
>>25621177
Nice enough. But which universe is the "Bearnstein bears" universe, and which one is the "Bearnstain bears" universe?
>>
>>25622700
i think the finale ended in this kind of universe indeed. which means there IS another one where >>25621585 happens. and Glimmer ends imprisoned.

Or escapes to Hooviet Union, Industria, Nazi Germaneigh - you name it!

>>25621811
I don't blame him, we cannot blame him: He's commissioned to write these episodes by Hasbro the big boss and master of end morals.

It's my little pony, I do whatever I want with MY little pony.
>>
Don't most of these theories kind of turn the entire show into an exercise in nihilism?
>>
>>25621585

Starswirl's timeloop spell basically preserves the timeline by locking the participants in a stable circuit, allowing the user to become part of the variation but eventually collapsing the whole thing when the user returns to the beginning.

The final "wasteland" is when Starlight manages to fuck with the safeties enough to leave without completing the loop and the resulting instability destroys everything. Which, thankfully she doesn't via that scroll-tearing bit.
>>
>>25624197
Yeah but for Twilight it gets absurdly repetitive.

>>25621371
>>25621504
>Anon, gravity has absolutely nothing to do with the way time lines are formed or anything.

What if there is a force similar to it that, in real science, DOES alter the time to the biggest probabilities, like the probability for our world to be formed, the probability a mass of atoms forms into amino acids and then becomes life, the probability that would "attract" the biggest chances, combined to form some kind of logic, just like planets are in orbit around stars and so on, there could be indeed a force that directs time, leading the universe to expand, a force linked to gravity just like with the general relativity.
Might make some >greentext about it but tonight I'm a bit busy.
>>
>>25621177

Jesus. This is insane.
>>
>>25621504
yep. promise, if one day i feel the motivation to; i'll make something better. not on mspaint but illustratoétoshop exclusively, and spend more than 15 minutes of my life doing it. with background, better typography, and printable version about unicorns travelling in space-time.

also i'll make sure to double-check the grammar/english (à moins que j'te le ponde en français, ça ferait encore plus intello) but this kind of stuff is ...not my priority, sorry.
>>
>>25621585
Could it be? A timeline where all my fetishes are canon?
>>
>>25624386
Anon, I don't understand your fascination with gravity, it's one of the weakest forces of the universe.
>What if there is a force similar to it that, in real science, DOES alter the time to the biggest probabilities
There's no force that favors probability.
You make it sound like there is something out their guiding the universe's action and results. Might as well say "hey, what if there is a higher being that alters time and space the way it wants.
ALSO, it doesn't matter this "probability-favoring-force" exists, because there will always be a universe where certain actions didn't occur.
In one universe, our world formed, and in some other one it didn't.
>>
File: MLP Timeline.png (71 KB, 1125x502) Image search: [Google]
MLP Timeline.png
71 KB, 1125x502
>>25621210
>>25621177
I tried my hand at making one
>>
>>25623954
It turns them into the opposite of that, actually. In a universe where every concievable action drastically alters the future, nilhism is downright silly.
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43 KB, 514x536
>>25621177
Holy fuck, I'm saving this in my cringe folder.
>>
>>25621177
>OP is hetero

This is a blatant shitpost.
>>
>>25625417
this. i can't believe all the pseudoscience babbling around
>unicorn space time magic

>>25625847
don't forget the comments about [godfags] omitting general relativity.
>>
>>25621612

This, this so much
>>
>>25626371
YOU created this. Agreed you just drew that shitty MSPAINT graphic, with your frenglish which is why it's even more funny, but there are people more autistic than you are around here, and they will take anything seriously.
And now Haber RT'd this, all hopes are gone. GG.
>>
>>25625817
I was talking more about the infinite or near-infinite timelines that most people are assuming occur.
>>
>>25627043
They could, and they do. But you don't know they do, you cannot know they exist, but they...
Okay this is getting weird.
>>
>>25627043
100% of all realities will and do already exist. Its chance, choice and the actions of others that force us along different 5d paths.
I explain the specifics a little in >>25625443
>>
File: 1448339522903.jpg (148 KB, 427x960) Image search: [Google]
1448339522903.jpg
148 KB, 427x960
>>25621177
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.