[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On this day in history...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 4x03.png (604 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4x03.png
604 KB, 1280x720
The episode "Castle Mane-ia" (Season 4, Episode 3) aired on this day two years ago.
>>
I didn't really like that one. Seemed too silly and too Scooby Doo.
>>
File: 1385622734357.gif (712 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1385622734357.gif
712 KB, 640x360
Has it really been two years since this happened? Christ, I'm getting old.
>>
>>25617540
Yeah, but it certainly wasn't the worst (ie. daring dont).

I'm still pissed they wasted all that time fucking around with the old castle then shit on it and went to the crystal bullshit
>>
File: sad glimmer face.jpg (93 KB, 1280x713) Image search: [Google]
sad glimmer face.jpg
93 KB, 1280x713
>>25617526
I literally refuse to believe this, family.
Don't tell lies.
>>
File: yaranaika sanic.png (41 KB, 130x194) Image search: [Google]
yaranaika sanic.png
41 KB, 130x194
>>25617526
It was okay. I remember seeing Ponks ass >>25617547 oh there it is.

Remember when we were Doompauling about Twi rebuilding the old castle to make it her pretty princess castle? Those were funny times.
>>
>>25617556
Daring Don't wasn't terrible. S4 had a few weak episodes but I commend it for at least trying an underlying theme.
>>
>>25617526

Reminder that this was originally to be the new castle and we finally see the thing looking much like it would have before the Hasbro derail in the S5 Finale.

And fuck Hasbro's crystal toys.
>>
>>25617719
>asspull: the post
Source pls
>>
File: 1401130269561.png (21 KB, 176x232) Image search: [Google]
1401130269561.png
21 KB, 176x232
>>25617526
>two years ago
What the fuck am I doing with my life?
>>
>>25617740

>entire series of episodes set in and around the Castle of the Two Sisters
>book written to go with it, lots of backstory, and...
>suddenly CRYSTAL CASTLE OF FRIENDSHIP at end of season

Seriously, did you think they planned to put a fuck-ugly crystal monstrosity in the middle of Ponyville as a finale for S4, or did marketing do it for them?
>>
I wish they stuck with the original plan, for the castle.

I also am annoyed they never explained what those eyes were in that shadow. I was hyped for them to have been Shimmer all along before the S5 finale (you know, like the writers remembering those eyes and tying them in retroactively), but I knew it was unrealistic hype.
>>
We had of course all already watched it since it leaked like a week early.
>>
Are you fucking serious?! I stopped at season 3 for non hate-related reasons and am just now marathoning seasons 4 and 5 today.

TWO YEARS AGO? WTF

WTF
>>
>>25617526
>2 years
jesus fuck man, has it really been that long? I could have sworn it was only a year ago.
>>
Last year this time we were seven months into a hiatus.
>>
>>25617526
that's the last episode i genuinely enjoyed of the show
>>
>>25619851
think those eyes always were Tirek's.
Ah; that McCarthy tweet about the finale "sucking" and the theory it was to guest star freaking Kirby.
>>
Two whole years? Where did time fly off to?
>>
>>25620329
oh, Kirby-posting.
those were the days.
>>
File: 1408260659653.png (224 KB, 1250x1350) Image search: [Google]
1408260659653.png
224 KB, 1250x1350
>>25617526
for some reason i couldnt believe this, yet if you had said the cum guzzling premier was two years old i wouldnt have batted an eye
>>
>>25619851

Those eyes were pretty obviously Zecora. They had the right shape and color.
>>
>>25617526
Another disappointment despite the idea being good. Just like Haerths Warming Eve.

It could have been anything better than what Hasbo keeps forcing.
It could have been extra world design for the castlr and backstory with filly celestia and luna. It should have been a royal sisters episode.

I would have been satisfied even with a Castlevania action episode.
>>
>>25619851
It was strongly implied to be Tirek. That ragged cloak Pinkie was using was identical to the one Tirek wore when he started his rampage in Canterlot, which suggests he must have picked it up there when she left it behind. Not to mention, the bright yellow eyes.

It's also a bit of a stretch; but Nightmare Moon's "residual magic" being the focal point to that legend could've also been a subtle callback to the "Rainbow of Darkness", which was Tirac's main weapon in the original pilot. There's probably some neat headcanon you could pull from that.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.