[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this was just a way of going 'yep, Discord
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Do you think this was just a way of going 'yep, Discord won in this' or do you think discord would do nothing but torment them for the past *however many years* to get back at them for the 1000 years of stone?
>>
>>25607476
Might just be that happened to be what he was up to at the time. Maybe that and a bit of both, he gave particular to tormenting them but didn't do nothing else, and that he happened to be doing it right as she popped onto the map was a helpful coincidence for illustrative purposes.

Or maybe he split himself into lots of Discords so he could give everyone personal attention, and he actually has had them running in circles for the last several years.
>>
>>25607476
It actually makes me think that Discord isn a sad guy.
All he cared was about fun, but I am sure eventually he would exhaust everu possibility...and what happens then? that's a terrifying thought, because he would be extremely unpredictable.
>>
>>25607476
I thought that was a ballgag in Celestia's mouth at first.
>>
>>25607476
Be honest, part of you wanted that future.
>>
File: 1425718159609.png (155 KB, 900x776) Image search: [Google]
1425718159609.png
155 KB, 900x776
>>25607621
Part of me wanted every future.
I am a sick and twisted guy that wants to do stuff just to see what would happen, without consequences.
And if I had the power, I would do anything.
>>
>>25607476
This must be the future where the animators actually had the money to do silky smooth animation
>>
>>25607476
I think they don't care about Discord enough to warrant a longer scene. They brought him back just to get John de Lancie's name in the credits, and immediately turned him into Rollo from Vikings/whatever piece of shit constant traitor character you want.
>>
>>25607819
Because Discord and his powers and world under him were already showcased lots and lots of times.
>>
>>25607553
So, Flowey from Undertale, basically.
>>
>>25609547
Flowey is the most recent example, but a chaos god being the actual one that ends the world because he ran out of amusing things, is a common trope.
In most cases, the heroes manage to make him amused again by their efforts to stop him and that's what saves the world.
>>
>>25607476
I'm sure it's just a quick toss in there because they knew people would bitch if Discord didn't get his own AU. Personally, I don't care for him and never have. I got a feeling he'd get extremely bored with everything at some point, though. He likes to be entertained and when it's nothing but chaos constantly, I could see him getting tired of it and either making things mostly normal or all the ponies just tired of him and not caring any longer. He'd be in his own hell if he won.
>>
>>25607476
Wut?
>>
>>25609554
Or like I already mentioned, He could end the world our of boredom.
>When you have tried everything, all thatis left is to end it all
>>
This episode just proves over and over how useless Celestia and Luna are.
>>
>>25609578
Probably cursed with immortality in exchange for 80% irrelevancy
>>
>>25609627
>immortality
>curse
>>
>>25609662
Live foever painfully
>>
>>25609662
In science, immortality is bad
>>
>>25609566
Or kill himself.
>>
>>25609664
>>25609669
You're the kind of fags that thinks lichdom is awful, isn't it.
But you won't even become cyborg in two or three decades.

Whatever, you'd probably be bad company for the aeons.
>>
>>25609688
I take all the arguments in the tv tropes page very seriously.
Immortality is awful in most situations, because you are gonna get bored and even if you somehow survive everything until the very end of the universe, who the hell wants to see it? I would go insane after all life was gone from loneliness.
>>
>>25609696
Immortality =! invulnerability.
Pretty sure whatever you may do to yourself, launching yourself into a black hole would kill you.

>muh loneliness
Yeah, between the AIs and VRs and andr(gyn)oids, and of course your fellow immortals, that argument hold no water.

As for boredom, well, Humanity produces like a century worth of entertainment every year, and that's a probably very very conservative estimate out of my ass. Just for one planet worth of labour.
Pretty sure it won't be an issue.
Unless you mean you are bored NOW, then it means yeah you should just let yourself die because being bored in the information age is pretty pathetic.
>>
>>25609746
You think humanity will last for nonillions or more of years?
>>
>>25609757
Who the fuck cares when you have AIs.
In fact, why would you mingle with meatbags postapotheosis ? They're filthy and eratic.
>>
>>25609779
Are you a massive fucktard, or just pretending?
Do you think your AIs, and the machines that make them work are gonna self sustain or some bullshit? If the civilization or the planet dies, you have to get the fuck out of there, unless you wnat to share their destiny.
Supposedly this planet is doomed once the Sun becomes a super nova, so you have to leave by then.
And unless you have resources to move, you are gonna have a bad time.
>>
File: 1375519314829.jpg (39 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
1375519314829.jpg
39 KB, 431x431
>>25609785
>sun going red giant argument out of nowhere
Are you aware of the timescale involved here ?
What, you got only two views, the here and now and 10^100years from now ?

You aware going into orbit and nesting on another planet do not take four milliards years, right ?
In fight, why would you want to be planetbound at all once you shed your flesh ? Ever heard of relativistic bombs ?
>>
>>25609810
Just read the tv tropes immortality article.
You are assuming that civilization doesn't terminate itself in a way that makes it impossible to escape for you.
There are so many things that can go wrong.
>>
>>25609836
Yeah yeah shit happens, doesn't mean you can't prepare contingencies.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.